Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380186 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2014
Please this is the wrong place to advertise for bbm group.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 8:27am On Aug 17, 2014
I don't get it, so where is the right place? Besides it's not an advert, it's only for those interested to make communication easier since we would be using same hospital same time. Sorry oh mr Justwise!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:36am On Aug 17, 2014
Kween2014: I don't get it, so where is the right place? Besides it's not an advert, it's only for those interested to make communication easier since we would be using same hospital same time. Sorry oh mr Justwise!

bbm groups does not bring traffic to nairaland and your discussions will not benefit everybody unlike when its shared openly here. Imagine what will happen to this thread if everybody here stick to bbm and not make their contributions here?

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2014
Good morning all. Pls I am in a twist.
I want to know if one can still go ahead and use and old ds-160 number/confirmation even after one had filled another one and has generated a new number/confirmation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=nmagirl1][/quote]

We are using Methodist West Houston Hospital and Dr Geoffrey Andrews Zimmerman. She will be travelling (by God's grace) on October 3. The total hospital bill for normal delivery is $3,100 and doctor charged us $1,600.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akanni(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
TokyoBulls:

We are using Methodist West Houston Hospital and Dr Geoffrey Andrews Zimmerman. She will be travelling (by God's grace) on October 3. The total hospital bill for normal delivery is $3,100 and doctor charged us $1,600.
tnx a lot, that is the same hospital we looking at, but we looking at a CS and got a quote from dr.duc le for $2700 and hospital bill of $3800.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifeoluwawa(f): 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
tyty24: [quote author=ifeoluwa

ifeoluwa please is it possibke for us to get a doctors contact or email from JPS Hospital in dallas too.

I intend having mybbaby in dallas too

@tyty24

This is JPS contact number.......+18177026500
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hi guys. So I just got back from Boston without any wahala. Planning to travel early october for delivery(due mid november) Since I came back I av bn so busy. I'm yet to concretize any travelling plans as it were. Still looking at MIHS and now houston(only becos I don't want plenty connecting flights) sent an email to Dr Fagbohun, seems like a nice enof dude. D response was prompt. Dr's fee is 2400. U get 20% discount wen u pay full by second visit. Oakbend hosp is 2150. Epidural is 850. Circumcision 500, 1st visit 150, scan 150, labs may run upto 750 depends. Paed is like 250 (these r for normal delivery. This is my 4th baby) My colleague dat used him last year says only good things. Fees was like 5k. I am yet to inform d embassy, mek accomodation plans or book tickets o. MIHS still seems cheaper though. I shud start calling dat their number next week, hopefully they will respond timely. So d MIHS mamas, aw una dey? I dey look una side well! Will let u guys know aw far. Still hoping to hook up second week of october ooo. Don't mind sharing a room for company as well or atleast adjacent rooms. Will help to keep sanity. Meks shopping trips fun as well. Mek una carry me for mind. I'm a nice girl! Lol!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SophiaLisa(f): 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hello Nairalanders!!!!!

Pls does anyone have a sample Budget Spreadsheet used at the embassy?

If yes, biko kindly email me (lovekiiki@yahoo.com) a copy ASAP. My Interview date is August 21st; this Thursday.

Bless ya!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
SophiaLisa: Hello Nairalanders!!!!!

Pls does anyone have a sample Budget Spreadsheet used at the embassy?

If yes, biko kindly email me (lovekiiki@yahoo.com) a copy ASAP. My Interview date is August 21st; this Thursday.

Bless ya!
Please I would like a sample of the spreadsheet too. Thanks mamas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
@justwise.
Our honourable moderator, I could vividly remember before Nairaland was hacked, that there was this bbm group by elpaso or mihs mama.
And you didn't raise eye brow.
I think if I am correct, they were asked to send a private message throu nairaland and they will be added.
Sir, I stand to be corrected, there should be a way they can get hooked since they are going to same destination.
I am aware of the "no advertisement" issue. Sir, I feel we should be liberal on some issues.
My simple opinion.
One Love.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
I think i'm finally making progress. I av sent an email to both embassies n I av contacted MIHS via d contact us mail directory on their site. Hopefully i'll get a response. My travel agent is on d tickets. Dat leaves accomodation ish. I remember reading it's either crossland or extended stay America for MIHS. I tot I saved d pages dat had d reviews about both acc. Pls can someone help me out here. How do I contact dem n d amount for both. Distance from MIHS n proximity to shopping malls etc. Abeg, now dat I have small time let me mek good use of it. My life can get very crazy n busy atimes. Merci.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by angel55: 4:06am On Aug 18, 2014
@nefertitiram
Thanks a lot dear for the information

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 5:49am On Aug 18, 2014
@freshface you are making progress but correct me if I am wrong, you said you sent a mail to the two embassies meaning lagos and abuja US embassy. Note that you don't need to send an email to lagos and Abuja embassy but its already done, so for the sake of others readers in this forum, all you need to do is send an email to the embassy you had your interview. for appointment with MIHS, you will need to call the women clinic and politely ask for an appointment to be sent to your email address, but from people's experience with MIHS, I doubt if you would get a response from them. If you do that will be a welcome development.

The womens clinic phone number is somewhere in this thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 8:26am On Aug 18, 2014
oawele: @freshface you are making progress but correct me if I am wrong, you said you sent a mail to the two embassies meaning lagos and abuja US embassy. Note that you don't need to send an email to lagos and Abuja embassy but its already done, so for the sake of others readers in this forum, all you need to do is send an email to the embassy you had your interview. for appointment with MIHS, you will need to call the women clinic and politely ask for an appointment to be sent to your email address, but from people's experience with MIHS, I doubt if you would get a response from them. If you do that will be a welcome development.

The womens clinic phone number is somewhere in this thread.

Doesn't really matter. I sent to both lag and Abuja. Preferred Abuja's response and used that at Poe even though I got my visa in lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by acube2002: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2014
Hi Mama's

please am interested in the spreadsheet too my interview is next month my email is acubes2002@yahoo.com . Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2014
Hello acubee, SophiaLisa

There is no standard for this, it should essentially cover the line items such as the following:

Cost of Hospital = indicate
Cost of Doctor = indicate
Any other costs = indicate
Cost of accommodation to cover over duration of stay = indicate
Living costs over the duration (transportation, feeding etc) = indicate
Also good to set aside an amount for miscellaneous/contingency = indicate
Total = indicate

Not every line may be applicable, for example if you are staying with family then accomodation would be blank/zero
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by betty1983(f): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2014
Hi peeps, I've been a silent follower for a while. I'm about 12 weeks preggy and hubby and I have decided on El Paso. We've also decided that I travel with my mum, who'll be of great assistance to me, we've also been able to save up enough funds for this project. However, I'm wondering if my mum & I should apply and go for an interview together or should I apply first, get my before and mum does hers thereafter. I intend declaring my true purpose while my mum's purpose would be to assist/support her child before/after delivery. I'm just wondering which option has a higher chance of success, together or one after another. Ofcourse, I know God's favour is the ultimate, but I do need some guidelines please. Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
My people o!!!

I got a mail from the embassy stating the following -

...Thank you for your email.

There is legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of....

Biko, is this a typo on their part abi wetin?

I want to mail them back pointing this "error" but that would assume i am presuming

Whaddya think
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
anonymousmum: My people o!!!

I got a mail from the embassy stating the following -

...Thank you for your email.

There is legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed.

I believe it's a typo. Here's what I got last week from lag consular...

Thank you for your inquiry.
Please note that there is no legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.
We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.
If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,
I sent to both lag and abj, but I haven't gotten anything from abj consular yet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thanks twizzie,

I know right? The letter was identical in every other respect.

Think I will just ask them to clarify. Na wah o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by trav(m): 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Please I will appreciate needed info on how to go about signing the consent letter at the USA embassy. Does it require any payments and what time do they attend to people? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
uchetobi:
Doesn't really matter. I sent to both lag and Abuja. Preferred Abuja's response and used that at Poe even though I got my visa in lagos

Oh Ok ! i see where you are coming from......Options right ?!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
trav: Please I will appreciate needed info on how to go about signing the consent letter at the USA embassy. Does it require any payments and what time do they attend to people? Thanks

Pls find attached copy of DS-3053 form. Also click the link below to schedule appointment for notarial services and service hours in Lagos or Abuja. And, it does not require any payment.

nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//service.html

Regards

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
please aw long does it take MIHS to respond to an appointment. i called 2 weeks ago and was lucky to book the appointment via call but yet to get any postal mail from them....................... i need the letter to apply for my Mum ASAP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
ebonyademi: please aw long does it take MIHS to respond to an appointment. i called 2 weeks ago and was lucky to book the appointment via call but yet to get any postal mail from them....................... i need the letter to apply for my Mum ASAP

It normally takes two days to receive the email. Maybe:
1. They didn't get the correct spelling for your email address
or
2. The email went to your spam messages.
You can call them back to complain.

Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
I just want to say thank you to everyone on this thread for your contributions one way or the other. My Prince Charming is here, he arrived yesterday morning. We are still at the hospital thou, would be discharged tomorrow. May God in his infinite mercy grant our heart desires. Thanks once again. It happened at MIHS

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Blesyn83: I just want to say thank you to everyone on this thread for your contributions one way or the other. My Prince Charming is here, he arrived yesterday morning. We are still at the hospital thou, would be discharged tomorrow. May God in his infinite mercy grant our heart desires. Thanks once again. It happened at MIHS
. Congrats Blesyn83, welcome prince charming

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
congrats blesyn

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.