Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,084 members, 7,859,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. (7293 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Are you saying God did not call prophets?

Are you saying God told you He did not send prophet(s) to his churches?
Remember that Jesus Christ told you that He did not come to do away with the Old Covenant, but instead to satisfy it. He also announced that He brought with Him a new Yoke and Burden, the New Covenant, for those whom God will give Him. So, there are two Covenants running simultaneously today and even back during the time of the Apostles, and this was a daily reality particularly as they lived among the people of Israel, those of the Old Covenant.

Remember, both the Old Covenant people and the new Covenant people serve the same God... so it would not have been unheard of for God to send His Old Covenant Prophet to deliver a message to a New Covenant follower of Jesus Christ, on behalf of His people Israel. They both belong to God's family and God never said that those of the New could not relate to those of the Old.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 7:53am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Did Elijah and Jesus not go hungry and without food for many days,

A fast is different . And also a man of God can live a life a denial. He may deny himself pleasure , associations etc by the virtue of his call but to him it is rather pleasurable not a complain. Crowd distract a prophet. "A prophet walks alone . He needs to "hear". He's not complaining, he likes it. He's fulfilled by it. He is not missing anything. He doesn't like party or running at the beach . He needs to focus.

But if someone's complaining how much he miss this and that . Counting the cost . Then the office is not a prophetic call

But the ma
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:

When reading Scripture, you have to be sure you understand the context and audience of what is being said. When considering what was stated in verse 34, ask these very important questions of yourself, who was Jesus Christ speaking to? Who was He speaking of?
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples Matthew 23:1

Was it of you, in verse 28
In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

30: you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’

ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

He was speaking to the Old Covenant believers who believed in God and His sending of knew of Prophets and Teachers. Who are the people Jesus Christ eventually send out in Matthew 28? undecided
After Jesus Christ's death, were only a handful of Christians persecuted or where all who claimed to be followers of Jesus Christ persecuted and chased from town to town? undecided

Were the 11 known?
Were the 11 the only followers of Jesus Christ?

Even your own words deny and fail you, that you are struggling to stand upon it's shaky grounds.

At what time did any say to you that ONLY God's servants are persecuted. Did you not read when it was written they will bear, suffer and serve more than the others.

Who told you and deceived you that God makes all his servants equal? Are there not those he assigns greater tasks and burdens and those he assigns lesser assignments.

Was Abel a descendant of Abraham. Why have you choosen to not only believe your lie but stay stubbornly in it?

Have you become so blinded by your own pride as to see correction when placed right in front of you.

Do I speak like a mere man that you should take my words lightly, but haven't you learnt that through the mouth of babes shall his praises be heard.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 8:03am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples Matthew 23:1

Was it of you, in verse 28
In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

30: you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’

ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Were the 11 known?
Were the 11 the only followers of Jesus Christ?

Even your own words deny and fail you, that you are struggling to stand upon it's shaky grounds.

At what time did any say to you that ONLY God's servants are persecuted. Did you not read when it was written they will bear, suffer and serve more than the others.

Who told you and deceived you that God makes all his servants equal? Are there not those he assigns greater tasks and burdens and those he assigns lesser assignments.

Was Abel a descendant of Abraham. Why have you choosen to not only believe your lie but stay stubbornly in it?

Have you become so blinded by your own pride as to see correction when placed right in front of you.

Do I speak like a mere man that you should take my words lightly, but haven't you learnt that through the mouth of babes shall his praises be heard.
You need to take time to read and understand what is posted first. I have no way of knowing where any of what you wrote here came from or how it connects with anything I have posted so far. Please go back, re-read and try again.

Matthew 23 vs 1-11 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Then Jesus spoke to the people and to his followers. He said,
2. “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees have the authority to tell you what the Law of Moses says.
3. So you should obey them. Do everything they tell you to do. But their lives are not good examples for you to follow. They tell you to do things, but they don’t do those things themselves.
4. They make strict rules that are hard for people to obey. They try to force others to obey all their rules. But they themselves will not try to follow any of those rules.

5. “The only reason they do what they do is for other people to see them. They make the little Scripture boxes[a] they wear bigger and bigger. And they make the tassels[b] on their prayer clothes long enough for people to notice them.
6. These men love to have the places of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues.
7. They love for people to show respect to them in the marketplaces and to call them ‘Teacher.’

8. “But you must not be called ‘Teacher.’ You are all equal as brothers and sisters. You have only one Teacher.
9. And don’t call anyone on earth ‘Father.’ You have one Father. He is in heaven.
10. And you should not be called ‘Master.’ You have only one Master, the Messiah. 11 Whoever serves you like a servant is the greatest among you.
11. People who think they are better than others will be made humble. But people who humble themselves will be made great.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 8:05am On Nov 15, 2020
petra1:

A fast is different . And also a man of God can live a life a denial. He may deny himself pleasure , associations etc by the virtue of his call but to him it is rather pleasurable not a complain. Crowd distract a prophet. "A prophet walks alone . He needs to "hear". He's not complaining, he likes it. He's fulfilled by it. He is not missing anything. He doesn't like party or running at the beach . He needs to focus.

But if someone's complaining how much he miss this and that . Counting the cost . Then the office is not a prophetic call

But the ma
does every child not complain and groan at the beginning. Were his words not to the young and those starting off.

Do you know not the pain at first push. Does a man who begin to walk with God walk like he has been doing so for long.

What have you written, haven't you forgotten or did you not know the complain of Elijah the man who had raised the dead and brought down fire

Or the complains of Moses who had seen numerous wonders done through his rod

What about Jeremiah, was he full of laughter

Did John the baptist the "greatest of men" not doubt and question.

You will never understand what you have never carried on your back my friend.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 8:07am On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
You need to take time to read and understand what is posted first. I have no way of knowing where any of what you wrote here came from or how it connects with anything I have posted so far. Please go back, re-read and try again.
Too bad I stopped speaking to ur post and started speaking to the person.

But it seems both were blind to begin with. I wish to have ear to hear what is being said.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 8:12am On Nov 15, 2020
petra1:

The thread is not about extortion but rather the fact that prophets must suffer lack and suffer pain. Where is the dominion christ died for.

Prophets never lacked . God provides for his own . Even when the whole nation lacked food. Raven brought meat for Man of God. An experience that is contrary to God's nature has to do with the individual not God. A prophet is a man of authority and power.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you

The experience of our brother rather suits more for an intercessor but not a prophet.
Because an intercessor sometimes get afflicted for . I have ministered to many . And the dekon attacking them says " he's disturbing us with his prayers "
Christ did not die for dominion, and certain not for men to lord it over others.

You say prophets never lack, then why should God provide if they never lack, but it's because they do that God provides.

Did the children of Israel not lack food and cried of hunger that God provided manna.

Do you understand the meaning of the term "comfort", it is for those who will be in pain not for those who will have the fill of all they want, haven't you read the words of Jesus saying woe to those like that.

A prophet is a man UNDER God's authority and power.

Because demons and devils cannot hurt prophets and God's servants doesn't mean men and natural things don't hurt them. The sun hurts when in full strength and heat, the death of loved one hurts, the wickedness of men hurt but the agents and powers of darkness are we delivered from. Not to be subject under them.

Lol at your last paragraph.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 8:36am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Too bad I stopped speaking to ur post and started speaking to the person.

But it seems both were blind to begin with. I wish to have ear to hear what is being said.

In His Old Covenant, God spoke of giving Prophets to the people of Israel from among their own brothers, and He did just that. A handful of men/women were selected from among the tribes to serve as prophets and He delivered His message to the people through them. This was however not God's original plan but the people's suggestion. The Israelites had, out of fear, asked God to appoint for them prophets as middle-men between themselves and God, and that is why God designed it that way for them, Israel.

Numbers 12 vs 1 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses. They criticized him because he married an Ethiopian[a] woman.
2 They said to themselves, “Moses is not the only one the Lord has used to speak to the people. He has also spoken through us!” The Lord heard this.
3. (Moses was a very humble man. He was more humble than any other man on earth.)
4. So suddenly, the Lord came and spoke to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam. He said, “You three, come to the Meeting Tent, now!”So Moses, Aaron, and Miriam went to the Tent.
5. The Lord came down in the tall cloud and stood at the entrance to the Tent. He called out, “Aaron and Miriam!” They went to him.
6. God said, “Listen to me! You will have prophets. I, the Lord, will let them learn about me through visions. I will speak to them in dreams.
7. But Moses is not like that. He is my faithful servant—I trust him with everyone in my house.
8. When I speak to him, I talk face to face with him. I don’t use stories with hidden meanings—I show him clearly what I want him to know. And Moses can look at the very image of the Lord. So why were you brave enough to speak against my servant Moses?”
But God original plan and His current plan has been to give His Spirit to all His People in His New Covenant

Joel 2 vs 28-32 (ERV)
28. “After this, I will pour out my Spirit on all kinds of people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will have dreams, and your young men will see visions.
29. In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on servants, both men and women.
30. I will work wonders in the sky and on the earth. There will be blood, fire, and thick smoke.
31. The sun will be changed into darkness, and the moon will be as red as blood. Then the great and fearful day of the Lord will come!
32. And everyone who trusts in the Lord[e] will be saved. There will be survivors on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem just as the Lord said, Yes, those left alive will be the ones the Lord has called.
Peter, the apostle, announced the fulfillment of this prophesy on the day of Pentecost

Acts 2 vs 14 (ERV)
14. Then Peter stood up with the other eleven apostles. He spoke loudly so that all the people could hear. He said, “My Jewish brothers and all of you who live in Jerusalem, listen to me. I will tell you something you need to know. Listen carefully.
15. These men are not drunk as you think; it’s only nine o’clock in the morning.
16. But Joel the prophet wrote about what you see happening here today. This is what he wrote:

17. ‘God says: In the last days I will pour out my Spirit on all people.Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions. Your old men will have special dreams.
18. In those days I will pour out my Spirit on my servants, men and women, and they will prophesy.
19. I will work wonders in the sky above. I will cause miraculous signs on the earth below. There will be blood, fire, and thick smoke.
20. The sun will be changed into darkness,and the moon will be as red as blood. Then the great and glorious day of the Lord will come.
21. And everyone who trusts in the Lord[b] will be saved.’
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 8:43am On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:

In His Old Covenant, God spoke of giving Prophets to the people of Israel from among their own brothers, and He did just that. A handful of men/women were selected from among the tribes to serve as prophets and He delivered His message to the people through them. This was however not God's original plan but the people's suggestion. The Israelites had, out of fear, asked God to appoint for them prophets as middle-men between themselves and God, and that is why God designed it that way for them, Israel.
But God original plan and His current plan has been to give His Spirit to all His People in His New Covenant

Peter, the apostle, announced the fulfillment of this prophesy on the day of Pentecost

the promise was never that all should be prophets, for even king Saul prophesied
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 8:45am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
the promise was never that all should be prophets, for even king Saul prophesied
What promise? It was not a promise but God's plan. undecided
So what if Saul Prophesied was he not "anointed" before he became king? undecided
The reason for anointing was to set them apart for the holy spirit to lead them, sadly, not all of them submitted to His lead.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
What promise? It was not a promise but God's plan. undecided
So what if Saul Prophesied was he not "anointed" before he became king? undecided
The reason for anointing was to set them apart for the holy spirit to lead them, sadly, not all of them submitted to His lead.
So are you saying that God's promise means nothing if it not written as God's plan
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 9:07am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:

So are you saying that God's promise means nothing if it not written as God's plan
A promise is usually specified as a promise, a part of a covenant of sorts. His promises as specified in the details of the Covenant involved. This was part of His overall plan before both the Old and the Second Covenants.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 10:22am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Christ did not die for dominion, and certain not for men to lord it over others.

You say prophets never lack, then why should God provide if they never lack, but it's because they do that God provides.

We are not talking about miraculous supply of God but rather the suffer of a prophet

Did the children of Israel not lack food and cried of hunger that God provided manna.

Do you understand the meaning of the term "comfort", it is for those who will be in pain not for those who will have the fill of all they want, haven't you read the words of Jesus saying woe to those like that.

A prophet is a man UNDER God's authority and power.

All these are not about A prophet

Because demons and devils cannot hurt prophets and God's servants doesn't mean men and natural things don't hurt them. The sun hurts when in full strength and heat, the death of loved one hurts, the wickedness of men hurt but the agents and powers of darkness are we delivered from. Not to be subject under them.

I agree but our gentleman is not talking in that direction. He is more like prophets are called to suffer difficult sufferings and lack. I'm not against Christian common challenges or even persecution by others . They are temporary.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
yes. King Saul Was Not A Prophet But He Prophesied. Why? He Was In D Midst Of Prophets (sons Of The Prophets). Dis Level Of Prophecy Is Known As The Spirit Of Prophecy. Even, D 40 People Whom Moses Chose, Experienced Dsame. God Could Use Anyone At Dis Level Temporary To Carryout What He Intend To Use Dat Person 4 At Dat Time. But Dat Doesn't Mean He Or She Is A Prophet.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
petra1:

We are not talking about miraculous supply of God but rather the suffer of a prophet

All these are not about A prophet

I agree but our gentleman is not talking in that direction. He is more like prophets are called to suffer difficult sufferings and lack. I'm not against Christian common challenges or even persecution by others . They are temporary.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

you shouldn't make what God makes prophets go through seem common for it is not.

I agree they are temporary, also temptation and trials are different.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
The Authority Of The Prophet(prophetic Office) The Prophet Has The Authority To Open Doors(blessings Or Opportunity) On Behalf Others & Also To Shut It (d Doors Or Blessings) Totally Too . When They Open Dis Doors On Behalf Of Others, They Demselves Won't Enter D Door. Some Prophets Av D Ability To Cause Rain To Fall (I Mean Physical Rain) & To Stop It Too. The Prophets, Launch People Who Has D Call Of God In To Their Ministries. (e.g Paul & Barnabas After Fasting & Prayer They Were Seperated).
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2020
CzarChris:
If Job is not a prophet because he was from Mesopotamia,
Job was not a prophet. God did not call Him one, and nowhere in the Book are we given any hint of him, Job, being one.
CzarChris:
what about Balaam(Numbers 22)who was also from Pethor that was close to the Euphrates river in Mesopotamia?
As I already explained several times now, the Old Covenant applied only to those who were descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And so, God's definition of Prophets, as far as the Old Covenant, is limited to and applies only to who were descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Balaam was not a prophet under the Old Covenant since Balaam was not a problem from among the people of Israel and He was not a prophet sent from God to the people of Israel(according to Old Covenant definition of Prophets).
CzarChris:
and yes Job prophecied about the Messiah in Job 9:33 where he asked for a mediator/arbiter between him and God.Also,
Job never prophesized about any messiah. I am well aware of how easily your so-called men of god lift verses out of context to insert meanings of their choosing, but if you considerred the very verse within the given context, you will be forced to realize it said absolutely nothing of a messiah.
CzarChris:
"So with these points of mine I hope I was able to convince you that Job as a matter of fact, was a prophet."grin
I suggest you instead go brush up on your basic language comprehension skills so you are not easily deceived by the huff and fluff that is the lie of men in the name of God.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
Airlove:
Was balaam a true prophet or not?
For the Umpteenth time, as far as God's definition of prophets in the Old Covenant, Balaam was not. For one, he was not a descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob... He was a foreigner. Second, Balaam was not sent by God to the people of Israel.. He was a foreigner, used by foreigners against Israel for pete's sake. Just these two ought to clue you all in to why Balaam was not a prophet under the Old Covenant between God and the People of Israel.

Numbers 12 vs 1 (ERV)
1. Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses. They criticized him because he married an Ethiopian[a] woman.
2 They said to themselves, “Moses is not the only one the Lord has used to speak to the people. He has also spoken through us!” The Lord heard this.
3. (Moses was a very humble man. He was more humble than any other man on earth.)
4. So suddenly, the Lord came and spoke to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam. He said, “You three, come to the Meeting Tent, now!”So Moses, Aaron, and Miriam went to the Tent.
5. The Lord came down in the tall cloud and stood at the entrance to the Tent. He called out, “Aaron and Miriam!” They went to him.
6. God said, “Listen to me! You will have prophets. I, the Lord, will let them learn about me through visions. I will speak to them in dreams.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
thought you have read the bible several times, how did you miss it in acts shocked

Not surprised Jesus did say they search the scriptures which speak of him and yet they couldn't recognize him cry
I have never read the entire Bible, not even once. If you had paid close attention to what I said, you would have noted this too. I explained that I had read the book of Job, one of the many books in the Bible, several times is what I said.

I have read the book of Acts, but none of what you posted has changed any of what I have said so far, so again, not certain why you refuse to read what is included before posting your rebuttal.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Airlove: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
For the Umpteenth time, as far as God's definition of prophets in the Old Covenant, Balaam was not. For one, he was not a descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob... He was a foreigner. Second, Balaam was not sent by God to the people of Israel.. He was a foreigner, used by foreigners against Israel for pete's sake. Just these two ought to clue you all in to why Balaam was not a prophet under the Old Covenant between God and the People of Israel.
Verse 6 of were you quoted. The same God of israel spoke to balaam and directed him meaning even though he was not under the abrahamic covenant of the jews he desired to part take of it.
Balaam was not dealing with familier spirits, the fact jehovah went to meet him and guide him signifies he had access to God and the source of his gift and power was God and not demons. Balaam is a prophet of jehovah under a different covenant, he worked with God but was against the jews for greedy reasons which he paid with his life because the abrahamic covenant of the jews was more superior
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Airlove: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
See the case of ahithophel and king David. Both were mightily used by God but the covenant of david superceed ahitophel coz david had an everlasting covenant of kingship which aahitophel was working against and it backfired. The fact he commited suicide does not make him of the devil just like balaam was not of the devil as well but there were using their Gods gift to fight Gods agenda. They will surely give way with their life
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by CzarChris(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I suggest you instead go brush up on your basic language comprehension skills so you are not easily deceived by the huff and fluff that is the lie of men in the name of God.
I was honestly having a good read and hoping to engage in a meaningful banter with you, because nobody can say he/she is a fountain of knowledge, but your last paragraph simply threw me off. Thanks for the insults though, have a great day.

Thank you.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Balaam Was A Prophet Of God B4 He Backslided.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
Airlove:
See the case of ahithophel and king David. Both were mightily used by God but the covenant of david superceed ahitophel coz david had an everlasting covenant of kingship which aahitophel was working against and it backfired. The fact he commited suicide does not make him of the devil just like balaam was not of the devil as well but there were using their Gods gift to fight Gods agenda. They will surely give way with their life
Ahitophel Didn't Av Any Covenant With God. He Was Counsellor Or A Chief Adviser To David. A Bossom Friend To David. He Was Highly Inteligent Person. E.g He Was So Highly Inteligent Dat, If He Advises On How To Kill A President Of A Country, If U Follow His Advice. U Will Be Successful. D Bible Liken His Words Or Advice As If One Has Heard 4rm God. But God Had To Turn His Wisdom To Foolishness By Making Absolom Not To Hearken To Him.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Airlove: 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
Truvel:
Ahitophel Didn't Av Any Covenant With God. He Was Counsellor Or A Chief Adviser To David. A Bossom Friend To David. He Was Highly Inteligent Person. E.g He Was So Highly Inteligent Dat, If He Advises On How To Kill A President Of A Country, If U Follow His Advice. U Will Be Successful. D Bible Liken His Words Or Advice As If One Has Heard 4rm God. But God Had To Turn His Wisdom To Foolishness By Making Absolom Not To Hearken To Him.

It is not written that he had covenant with God but like u quoted, his words and advice that is synonymous with the counsel of heaven can only be exhibited by a man with covenant relationship with God. Such spirit of wise counsel dont come cheap,its a sign of relationship with God
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2020
Truvel:
Balaam Was A Prophet Of God B4 He Backslided.
I am now more than convinced that you don't read at all.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2020
Airlove:

Verse 6 of were you quoted. The same God of israel spoke to balaam and directed him meaning even though he was not under the abrahamic covenant of the jews he desired to part take of it.
Balaam was not dealing with familier spirits, the fact jehovah went to meet him and guide him signifies he had access to God and the source of his gift and power was God and not demons. Balaam is a prophet of jehovah under a different covenant, he worked with God but was against the jews for greedy reasons which he paid with his life because the abrahamic covenant of the jews was more superior
You have a problem comprehending what Is written, don't you? undecided
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by xproducer: 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
Truvel:
I Know Dis May Sound Strange & Unacceptable To U Guys, But Is D Truth. D Office Of A Prophet Involves Death(severe Suffering). Dis Guys Would Experience D Suffering Job Experienced. Yes. Dis Death (suffering) Is 4rm God. Yes. To Get Rid Of Things Or Works Of D Flesh In D Life Of D Person. Honestly, I Don't Wish Even My Worst Enemy To Experience Dis. To D Guys Aspiring To Be One, I'm Honestly Telling U Dat U Don't Know What U Are Asking 4. If U Do, U Won't Pray Or Wish 4 It. U Won't Even Pray 4 Ur Siblings To Be One. U Are Going To Experience Hell On Earth & May Even Wish U Were Not Even Born At All. Dis May Not Go Well With U Guys But It's D Truth.

-----

No doubt that the children of GOD/ GOD's prophets have faced, and do face trials and tribulations in relation to the faith in JESUS CHRIST we profess... but as always, GOD pass them!

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

What a true prophet/child of GOD has been mercifully given is eternal life as a result of truly being born again of GOD.
"And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” - John 11:26
"We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 5:8

So, while there may be trouble of one sort or another, GOD is Faithful - Psalm 36:5, Revelation 19:11

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:10

Under the inspiration of the HOLY SPIRIT, the Apostle Paul reveals that it is better to be with the Lord JESUS in spirit, than on earth in the flesh, but the work on earth must be completed before being called home.

"For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith" - Philippians 1:23-25

-----------------
"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." - Philippians 1:21
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2020
Airlove:

It is not written that he had covenant with God but like u quoted, his words and advice that is synonymous with the counsel of heaven can only be exhibited by a man with covenant relationship with God. Such spirit of wise counsel dont come cheap,its a sign of relationship with God
No, He Didn't Av A Relationship With God Otherwise He Won't Av Been Against David. There Is No Record In D Bible Dat Tells Us Dat He Had A Relationship With God.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Airlove: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You have a problem comprehending what Is written, don't you? undecided

Guess your pride does not want you to agree we are saying the same thing without being insultive
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
Airlove:
Guess your pride does not want you to agree we are saying the same thing without being insultive
If you feel insulted by the truth, then the problem of pride is not mine but yours. Learn to better comprehend what is written so you do not continue to miss the point... that is advice to help you better understand what is written, as it is written, instead of trying so hard to correct the narrative by injecting your own opinion as if fact.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Airlove: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
Truvel:
No, He Didn't Av A Relationship With God Otherwise He Won't Av Been Against David. There Is No Record In D Bible Dat Tells Us Dat He Had A Relationship With God.

It is not written but do you think david will allow an unrighteousness man to be part of his inner most circle without having seen element of integrity and faithfulness? He is not just any man but davids childhood friend.Ahitophel is from thee tribe of judah by default same abrahamic covenant rest on him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is It True Pope Benedict XVI Converted to Islam? See This Youtube Video / Israeli Boy Woke-up 15 Min. After Confirmed Dead With Messages From Jesus / "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.