Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. (7189 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2020
I Know Dis May Sound Strange & Unacceptable To U Guys, But Is D Truth. D Office Of A Prophet Involves Death(severe Suffering). Dis Guys Would Experience D Suffering Job Experienced. Yes. Dis Death (suffering) Is 4rm God. Yes. To Get Rid Of Things Or Works Of D Flesh In D Life Of His Prophet Or Prophetess. God Is Going To Deal With Anything Dat Won't Make U To Be A Vessel Unto Honour. Are U Dat Stubborn Type? Sorry, God Is Going To Take Dat Stubborness 4rm U. Do U Av Low Self-esteem? Sorry, God Is Going To Deal With It. Are U D Seeking Attention Or Recognition? Sorry, God Is Going To Deal With It. God Is Going To Deal With Dat Little god In Man Dat Demands Recognition. Are U D Type Dat Is Affraid Of Men Or What Men Will Say Abt U ? My Dear, Sorry. Are U D Type Dat Easily Get Angry? Ah, Sorry. Are U D Type Dat Want To Please Men In Place Of God? Sorry. God Is Going To Deal With Every Hidden & Negative Thoughts. To D Guys Aspiring To Be One, I'm Honestly Telling U Dat U Don't Know What U Are Asking For. If U Do, U Won't Pray Or Wish 4 It. U Won't Even Pray 4 Ur Siblings To Be One. U Are Going To Experience Hell On Earth & May Even Wish U Were Not Even Born At All. Dis May Not Go Well With U Guys But It's D Truth. U Are Going To Experience What Job Experience. U Are Going To Be Experience Troubles Everywhere. U Will Experience Great Rejection & Critism. If U Don't Co-operate, God Will Forcefully Humble U. Although, We May Be Forced To Be Obedient & Humble But There Is Dis Desire Or Cry In Every Prophet To Be Recognized Or To Be Known. Is It Pride? No, Dat's Who We Are. However, God Is Going To Deal With Dis Things I Mentioned Above B4 Giving Us Dis Recognition/gifts/power/blessings We Desired. Ayesco202, Read Dis & Compare It To What U Are Experiencing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Missyajoke(f): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
I Know Dis May Sound Strange & Unacceptable To U Guys, But Is D Truth. D Office Of A Prophet Involves Death(severe Suffering). Dis Guys Would Experience D Suffering Job Experienced. Yes. Dis Death (suffering) Is 4rm God. Yes. To Get Rid Of Things Or Works Of D Flesh In D Life Of D Person. Honestly, I Don't Wish Even My Worst Enemy To Experience Dis. To D Guys Aspiring To Be One, I'm Honestly Telling U Dat U Don't Know What U Are Asking 4. If U Do Know What U Are, U Won't Even Pray 4 Ur Siblings To Be. U Are Going To Experience Hell On Earth & May Even Wish U Were Not Even Born At All. Dis May Not Go Well With U Guys But It's D Truth.

What are you saying self Op stop misleading people the bible says " Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil ". If God calls a man he prepares him before exposing him and he also strengthens and uphold him. That why its not good to Jump the period of Preparation and move to the final stage, at each stage of suffering God has a message or lesson for you there. We can see from the word of God that Jeremiah encouraged hell and he prevailed, Daniel also prevailed, as long as God called you he'll support you and no power of Darkness will overcome you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by schoolboymatt(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2020
Missyajoke:

What are you saying

grin grin
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2020
Missyajoke:

What are you saying
My Dear, It May Be Difficult 4 U To Understand. All I'm Saying Is Dat The Office Of A Prophet Involves Death( Which Involves Severe Suffering) Yes. Whereby God Puts An End To D Works Of D Flesh In D Life Of D Prophets. How? Tru Suffering. God Will Drill U. Dis Drilling Comes With Suffering. I Know U May Find It Difficult To Understand But Honestly Dat's D Truth. Dis Death( Dat Involves suffering) Is Called Prophetic Preparation. Those Called To Dis Would Understand Better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
Missyajoke:

What are you saying self Op stop misleading people the bible says " Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil ". If God calls a man he prepares him before exposing him and he also strengthens and uphold him. That why its not good to Jump the period of Preparation and move to the final stage, at each stage of suffering God has a message or lesson for you there. We can see from the word of God that Jeremiah encouraged hell and he prevailed, Daniel also prevailed, as long as God called you he'll support you and no power of Darkness will overcome you.
U Won't Understand, I Understand Dat. If I Were In Ur Shoes, I Would Say Dsame. Only Doze Who Are Genuinely Called To D Prophetic Office Would Understand Dis. Yes.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
I'm Talking 4rm Experience, Yes. I Don't Even Wish Or Pray Dat My Siblings Gets D Call. Yes. As 4 D Gifts Of Prophecy Or Prophetic Ministry, I Can Wish Anyone 4 Dat. But The Office Of A Prophet (leadership Gift Or Ministry) Is A Tough One.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lalasticlala, ABeg Help Matter. Na U Popular Pass 4 Nairaland. Anywhere I Enter, Na U I Go Call.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Missyajoke(f): 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
U Won't Understand, I Understand Dat. If I Were In Ur Shoes, I Would Say Dsame. Only Doze Who Are Genuinely Called To D Prophetic Office Would Understand Dis. Yes.

That was why the bible say " many were called but few were chosen. You have to endure all trials and travails if you want God to hand you a Crown of success. One who Hod has called would be bent, fold, squeezed and twist you. Don't worry God is with you

4 Likes

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
Missyajoke:

That was why the bible say " many were called but few were chosen. You have to endure all trials and travails if you want God to hand you a Crown of success. One who Hod has called would be bent, fold, squeezed and twist you. Don't worry God is with you
If U Had Pass Tru Dis Too, U Won't Be Saying Dis. However, U Are Right.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Missyajoke(f): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
If U Had Pass Tru Dis Too, U Won't Be Saying Dis. However, U Are Right.

My dad is a prophet so I know a not about the prophetic ministry.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
I Know Dis May Sound Strange & Unacceptable To U Guys, But Is D Truth. D Office Of A Prophet Involves Death(severe Suffering). Dis Guys Would Experience D Suffering Job Experienced. Yes. Dis Death (suffering) Is 4rm God. Yes. To Get Rid Of Things Or Works Of D Flesh In D Life Of D Person. Honestly, I Don't Wish Even My Worst Enemy To Experience Dis. To D Guys Aspiring To Be One, I'm Honestly Telling U Dat U Don't Know What U Are Asking 4. If U Do, U Won't Pray Or Wish 4 It. U Won't Even Pray 4 Ur Siblings To Be One. U Are Going To Experience Hell On Earth & May Even Wish U Were Not Even Born At All. Dis May Not Go Well With U Guys But It's D Truth.

I dont agree that prophets have to suffer lack. But I agree that there is a lot of sufferings . Sometimes emotional and spiritual. There are things you may see that you are not allowed to say. Individuals that may die soon because of the way they live and you're not allowed to warn them .

Of course there are changes yiu can effect by prayers but there are also secrets that you cant talk about yet you wish you could

2 Corinthians 12:4
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter

3 Likes

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
Donnie i see you . Just don't say any thing oh
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by donnie(m): 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
petra1:
Donnie i see you . Just don't say any thing oh
grin
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by elated177: 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
I Know Dis May Sound Strange & Unacceptable To U Guys, But Is D Truth. D Office Of A Prophet Involves Death(severe Suffering). Dis Guys Would Experience D Suffering Job Experienced. Yes. Dis Death (suffering) Is 4rm God. Yes. To Get Rid Of Things Or Works Of D Flesh In D Life Of D Person. Honestly, I Don't Wish Even My Worst Enemy To Experience Dis. To D Guys Aspiring To Be One, I'm Honestly Telling U Dat U Don't Know What U Are Asking 4. If U Do, U Won't Pray Or Wish 4 It. U Won't Even Pray 4 Ur Siblings To Be One. U Are Going To Experience Hell On Earth & May Even Wish U Were Not Even Born At All. Dis May Not Go Well With U Guys But It's D Truth.

Prophet of which god?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by elated177: 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
I'm Talking 4rm Experience, Yes. I Don't Even Wish Or Pray Dat My Siblings Gets D Call. Yes. As 4 D Gifts Of Prophecy Or Prophetic Ministry, I Can Wish Anyone 4 Dat. But The Office Of A Prophet (leader Gift Or Ministry) Is A Tough One.

Ehehehehe!
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:

Job was not a prophet of God. He was a Mesopotamian.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
I'm Talking 4rm Experience, Yes. I Don't Even Wish Or Pray Dat My Siblings Gets D Call. Yes. As 4 D Gifts Of Prophecy Or Prophetic Ministry, I Can Wish Anyone 4 Dat. But The Office Of A Prophet (leader Gift Or Ministry) Is A Tough One.
What experience? The old covenant prophets were Israelites and the Old covenant description of Prophets applied only to them.

In the New Covenant, Jesus Christ called all to be servants of God, every single one on His Kingdom.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Job was not a prophet of God. He was a Mesopotamian.

Job was a prophet . He prophesied about the messiah.

And who says a messopotamian cannot be a prophet . Was Abraham not a prophet? Was he not from Mesopotamia ?

Acts 7:2
And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran

3 Likes

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
petra1:

Job was a prophet . He prophesied about the messiah.

And who says a messopotamian cannot be a prophet . Was Abraham not a prophet from Mesopotamia

Acts 7:2
And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran

I know you like to attach the title "prophet" to just about anyone who you want to, but Job was not a prophet of God. He was a mesopotamian, and no, He was not attached to the Old Covenant -- only those who were descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were, and to them, God called out prophets from amongst them. And no, Job did not prophesy about the messiah.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I know you like to attach the title "prophet" to just about anyone who you want to, but Job was not a prophet of God. He was a mesopotamian, and no, He was not attached to the Old Covenant -- only those who were descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were, and to them, God called out prophets from amongst them. And no, Job did not prophesy about the messiah.

Job was a prophet . He had many prophecies especially about the messiah. He prophesied the second coming of christ .

Job 19:25
For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth
:

And you should also know that the reason for canonization of those books as part of the bible was because they contained messianic prophecy . Just as Jesus confirmed in the book of Luke

Luke 24:27
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
You're not truly of God then because those of God would wish that all men were prophets.

Numbers 11:29
And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!

3 Likes

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
petra1:

Job was a prophet . He had many prophecies especially about the messiah. He prophesied the second coming of christ .

Job 19:25
For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth
:

And you should also know that the reason for canonization of those books as part of the bible was because they contained messianic prophecy . Just as Jesus confirmed in the book of Luke

Luke 24:27
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

I hate the way you pull one verse out of context pretending that by those who wrote the books where idiots of some sort. Read the line from Job 19 in the context that it was provided, better yet, read the entire chapter to get an idea of what Job was lamenting.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by donnie(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What experience? The old covenant prophets were Israelites and the Old covenant description of Prophets applied only to them.

In the New Covenant, Jesus Christ called all to be servants of God, every single one on His Kingdom.

Please stop that old and new covenant nonsnese. It's the same covenant YAH made with Abraham which we the bloodline children of Israel are direct beneficiaries.

It was wrongly translated NEW covenant. The correct rendering in the Hebrew and Greek is RENEWED.

Prophet means preacher. Any one can share a message. But not everyone is called to be a preacher. Christianity has turned truth on its head.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
donnie:

Please stop that old and new covenant nonsnese. It's the same covenant YAH made with Abraham which we the bloodline children of Israel are direct beneficiaries.

It was wrongly translated NEW covenant. The correct rendering in the Hebrew and Greek is RENEWED.

Prophet means preacher. And not everyone is called to be a preacher. Christianity has turned truth on its head.

I know your latest delusion is that you are a descendant of Abraham but I don't share that delusion with you.

I am a gentile and for us the only covenant that applies is the new Covenant wherein Jesus Christ caused the curtains separating the holy of holes from the people so we no longer have to go through middle-men to reach Him, neither does He.

Prophets are of the Old Covenant. Everyone in the New Covenant is a preacher, sent to preach/teach only that which Jesus Christ has taught all of His followers. Jesus Christ our only Teacher/Master and we all His Servants, doing the Will of the master is the reason for our very existence.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by donnie(m): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I know your latest delusion is that you are a descendant of Abraham but I don't share that delusion with you.

I am a gentile and for us the only covenant that applies is the new Covenant wherein Jesus Christ caused the curtains separating the holy of holes from the people so we no longer have to go through middle-men to reach Him, neither does He.

Prophets are of the Old Covenant. Everyone in the New Covenant is a preacher, sent to preach/teach only that which Jesus Christ has taught all of His followers. Jesus Christ our only Teacher/Master and we all His Servants, doing the Will of the master is the reason for our very existence.

Prophets are not sent to you so that you'll go through them to the Father. That's the way of your Christian superstar pastors. Prophets are sent to warn you, to make you return to the Father.

As for the truth about our Isrealite herritage. You're either Ignorant or living in denial. Either way you have heard as it has been appointed that you would, so that you are without excuse.

And it will be even more foolish to ignore the things that you began to see in our world since the day you heard this message.

It's about time you repent and come out of this strong (white Jesus) delusion you're in.

3 Likes

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I hate the way you pull one verse out of context pretending that by those who wrote the books where idiots of some sort. Read the line from Job 19 in the context that it was provided, better yet, read the entire chapter to get an idea of what Job was lamenting.

Thats how prophecy works . You may check other messianic prophecies
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
petra1:

Thats how prophecy works . You may check other messianic prophecies
That may be how prophecies work in your churches of today and maybe also in Nostradamus's quatrains, but not in the Bible.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by ichuka(m): 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
Truvel:
Hi bro
you are right in most of what you wrote,but,Prophetic Ministry has nothing to do with an office. its not an office one walks in and out whenever he/she pleases but "its who you are" its either you are born into it or not.you can't fast n pray to become a prophet tommorow not possible.
within the five fold ministry I believe the prophet is the hardest in our time.most of what we see and hear today that calls themselves prophets are clowns.
to become a prophet the Word of God you receive must become your flesh.which isn't a child's play.
a good example is the life of Moses in the Bible.most
true prophets in Nigeria are even scared of there call.

2 Likes

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Numbers 11:29
And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!
That is exactly what God did when He sent Jesus Christ, the very word out of His mouth, as the New Covenant between God and man. Those who are followers of Jesus Christ are all imbued with the Spirit of God at the time of rebirth and God Himself speaks from and through them to all that will listen.

The time of the Old Covenant prophets remains (since the Old Covenant is an everlasting covenant) remaining valid to this day and forevermore. But those of the New Covenant, who have the Spirit of God living inside of them are like the prophets of old, only we are ALL OF US servants of God, and have only one Teacher, Jesus Christ, the Head over all of us.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by dsfaster: 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
hello guys, do you want to make some money without any investment? if yes, click the link below to start. it's very legit, I have cash out some money from it without wasting my data or spending a single dime on it. for full explanation click https://www.nairaland.com/6237447/how-make-n30000-without-investing
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 3:58am On Nov 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
That may be how prophecies work in your churches of today and maybe also in Nostradamus's quatrains, but not in the Bible.

David wrote a psalm in the days when his enemies rose against him especially ahitiohel .

From vs 1 to 5 he spoke about them butt in vs 6 he spoke about Judas.

Psa 109:5 ,
And they have rewarded me evil for good,
and hatred for my love

Psa 109:5 Set thou a wicked man over him:
and let Satan stand at his right hand.

That's how prophecy works . It doesn't necessarily carry context of preceding vs .
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 4:23am On Nov 07, 2020
petra1:

David wrote a psalm in the days when his enemies rose against him especially ahitiohel .

From vs 1 to 5 he spoke about them butt in vs 6 he spoke about Judas.

Psa 109:5 ,
And they have rewarded me evil for good,
and hatred for my love

Psa 109:5 Set thou a wicked man over him:
and let Satan stand at his right hand.

That's how prophecy works . It doesn't necessarily carry context of preceding vs .

What? That is not a prophecy but a prayer by David....seriously, stop inserting meaning where there is none to be had! Psalm 109 is prayer.. albeit a lengthy one. And the Author even tells you this in Verse one of the psalm

Psalm 109 vs 1-10 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. God, I praise you! Hear my prayer and do something!
2. Wicked people are telling lies about me. They are saying things that are not true.
3. They are saying hateful things about me. They are attacking me for no reason.
4. I loved them, but they were against me. So I said a prayer.
5. I did good things to them, but they are doing bad things to me. I loved them, but they hated me.
6. They said, “Choose someone evil to represent him. Let the one at his side really be his accuser.
7. Let even his prayer be used as evidence against him, and let the court find him guilty.
8. Let his life be cut short, and let someone else take over his work.
9. Let his children become orphans and his wife a widow.
10. Make his children wander around as beggars, forced from homes that lie in ruins.

What Judas do you see in verse 6? Mention a handful of people in this life who have never had an accuser from those closest to them? Come on... why do you insert ideas into places where they are lacking and meaningless in context?

By the way, you know you are supposed to stay away from these sort of Prayers, right? Jesus Christ commanded His followers to love their enemies and pray for them, not against them. So praying against your enemy in the same way that David did, is anti-Christ behaviour! And did you pray that even praying against the schemes of your enemies constitutes anti-Christ behaviour as well? That is because when you pray against the schemes of your enemies, you are invariably praying for the failure of your enemy and that is not Christ-like behaviour. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Bermuda Triangle The Hell Fire They Say I The Bible / How Can I Have Faith? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "I And The Father Are One" In John 10:30?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.