Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,111 members, 7,860,024 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:13 AM

What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. (7298 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
elated177:

I am not going to discuss the Scriptures with someone who said masturbation is approved by the Creator. It is obvious that I and such a person do not worship the same God. So, what's the point?
lol, make an assumption based on a few lines is what got you to stupidly misunderstand scripture by reading just one verse. And your right someone as stupid as you would claim to serve a God he doesn't know. By making things up just to satisfy your imaginations.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nuttella:
Everybody does worship na, I thought you were asking if I am a ministrel.
like a choirester? No
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Airlove:

Was balaam a true prophet or not?
why na, I purposely left out Balaam to see how far he would go before asking him about Balaam but glad to see someone actually reads the scripture grin
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by CzarChris(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I know you like to attach the title "prophet" to just about anyone who you want to, but Job was not a prophet of God. He was a mesopotamian, and no, He was not attached to the Old Covenant -- only those who were descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were, and to them, God called out prophets from amongst them. And no, Job did not prophesy about the messiah.
If Job is not a prophet because he was from Mesopotamia, what about Balaam(Numbers 22)who was also from Pethor that was close to the Euphrates river in Mesopotamia? and yes Job prophecied about the Messiah in Job 9:33 where he asked for a mediator/arbiter between him and God.

"So with these points of mine I hope I was able to convince you that Job as a matter of fact, was a prophet."grin

2 Likes

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by CzarChris(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
Truvel:
I Know Dis May Sound Strange & Unacceptable To U Guys, But Is D Truth. D Office Of A Prophet Involves Death(severe Suffering). Dis Guys Would Experience D Suffering Job Experienced. Yes. Dis Death (suffering) Is 4rm God. Yes. To Get Rid Of Things Or Works Of D Flesh In D Life Of D Person. Honestly, I Don't Wish Even My Worst Enemy To Experience Dis. To D Guys Aspiring To Be One, I'm Honestly Telling U Dat U Don't Know What U Are Asking 4. If U Do, U Won't Pray Or Wish 4 It. U Won't Even Pray 4 Ur Siblings To Be One. U Are Going To Experience Hell On Earth & May Even Wish U Were Not Even Born At All. Dis May Not Go Well With U Guys But It's D Truth.
Bros calm down.... be calming downgrin

The trial of your faith and the searing of your flesh is not exclusive to those in the office of the prophet. As a bloodwashed Born Again Christian, you will go through trials that are meant to kill your flesh particularly your pride, the enemies will truly fight you with all there arsenals because as a Born Again Christian, you've joined the ranks of soldiers of the Lord. So trials are not exclusive to prophets.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 14, 2020
CzarChris:

The trial of your faith and the searing of your flesh is not exclusive to those in the office of the prophet. As a bloodwashed Born Again Christian, you will go through trials that are meant to kill your flesh particularly your pride, the enemies will truly fight you with all there arsenals because as a Born Again Christian, you've joined the ranks of soldiers of the Lord. So trials are not exclusive to prophets.
100% correct. The battles dont end till we enter the grave but our labour is not in vain.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 14, 2020
CzarChris:

Dis One Is A Bit Different.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by CzarChris(m): 11:25am On Nov 14, 2020
Truvel:
Dis One Is A Bit Different.
There's no way this is different, the Bible says in James 1:3(KJV)"Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." So trials are a must for every true Christian. The five offices apportioned in the Bible Ephesians 4:11(KJV)"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;" all these have there own measure of trials, but none has any trial higher than the other. By saying that one is more importance than the other, your indirectly calling God unjust which can never be. So I pray you get over any form of trials you are currently facing. You don't have to be a prophet to face trials and temptations, as far as you are a true Born Again Christian, you will have your own bag of scars for the Gospels sake.

NB: I'll say you have a great mind and the Holy Spirit lit a fire inside you and your portion in the kingdom was downloaded as that of a prophet, I think you've seen a thing or two that makes you get scared, but I believe you need a mentor to tutor fully on the ways of the Lord. Remember, "God's will can never take you to a place where his Grace will not be there to guide and protect you. Stay strong."

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by elated177: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2020
BlueAngel444:
lol, make an assumption based on a few lines is what got you to stupidly misunderstand scripture by reading just one verse. And your right someone as stupid as you would claim to serve a God he doesn't know. By making things up just to satisfy your imaginations.

No matter how long wood stays in the river, it is not going to evolve to a fish. Reprobate fool.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2020
BlueAngel444:
why na, I purposely left out Balaam to see how far he would go before asking him about Balaam but glad to see someone actually reads the scripture grin
He Was A True Prophet But Later Backslided.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
elated177:

No matter how long wood stays in the river, it is not going to evolve to a fish. Reprobate fool.
awnn that's so sweet of u kiss
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2020
CzarChris:
There's no way this is different, the Bible says in James 1:3(KJV)"Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." So trials are a must for every true Christian. The five offices apportioned in the Bible Ephesians 4:11(KJV)"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;" all these have there own measure of trials, but none has any trial higher than the other. By saying that one is more importance than the other, your indirectly calling God unjust which can never be. So I pray you get over any form of trials you are currently facing. You don't have to be a prophet to face trials and temptations, as far as you are a true Born Again Christian, you will have your own bag of scars for the Gospels sake.

NB: I'll say you have a great mind and the Holy Spirit lit a fire inside you and your portion in the kingdom was downloaded as that of a prophet, I think you've seen a thing or two that makes you get scared, but I believe you need a mentor to tutor fully on the ways of the Lord. Remember, "God's will can never take you to a place where his Grace will not be there to guide and protect you. Stay strong."
clam down
u went from stating they have their own measure then saying none is higher than the other. You are actually the one calling God unjust. Because Jesus said he gave one 5 talents, another 2, another 1, according to you was God unjust?

Have you never read where it was said, God gives according to his will and all should minister according to what each as received.

Are you saying that for you to view God to seem fair and just to you He must let everyone face the same amount of test and trials.
why then those he say to Paul, God's grace is sufficient.

is it unfair that those who like Jesus parable says start working late but receive the same pay as those working earlier, were unjustly treated. The man on the cross and those who die shortly after encountering Christ and those who live as long as John enduring. Is God unjust because of that.

Now do you place yourself in a position to direct Him about the extent of suffering God can permit one to undergo because of the assignment He has led infront of them. Are you saying that he is wrong and you are right and you ignore that even Jesus used the prophets as examples of persecution in the beatitudes.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
The Pharisees and Sadducees didn't like the things Jesus said so they referred to him as Beelzebub. Because all they care about is not what the truth is but about being heard and being seen in some good light
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by CzarChris(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
BlueAngel444:

clam down
u went from stating they have their own measure then saying none is higher than the other. You are actually the one calling God unjust. Because Jesus said he gave one 5 talents, another 2, another 1, according to you was God unjust?

Have you never read where it was said, God gives according to his will and all should minister according to what each as received.

Are you saying that for you to view God to seem fair and just to you He must let everyone face the same amount of test and trials.
why then those he say to Paul, God's grace is sufficient.

is it unfair that those who like Jesus parable says start working late but receive the same pay as those working earlier, were unjustly treated. The man on the cross and those who die shortly after encountering Christ and those who live as long as John enduring. Is God unjust because of that.

Now do you place yourself in a position to direct Him about the extent of suffering God can permit one to undergo because of the assignment He has led infront of them. Are you saying that he is wrong and you are right and you ignore that even Jesus used the prophets as examples of persecution in the beatitudes.
Psalms 103:14(KJV) says"For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." God knows our frame and our capabilities, what we can endure our breaking point. It's like asking a fish, a cow, a Lion, a sheep, a snail and a monkey to climb a tree. Does that even seem fair by a long shot? God has our structure and will never allow us to be tempted/tried beyond our breaking point. 1 Corinthians 10:13(KJV) says "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." That's why you can't ask God to give you the dimensions of his spirit he gave to someone else, because you don't know the dealings God had with that person in the first place before he started manifesting the dimensions of God he is manifesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
CzarChris:
Psalms 103:14(KJV) says"For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." God knows our frame and our capabilities, what we can endure our breaking point. It's like asking a fish, a cow, a Lion, a sheep, a snail and a monkey to climb a tree. Does that even seem fair by a long shot? God has our structure and will never allow us to be tempted/tried beyond our breaking point. 1 Corinthians 10:13(KJV) says "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." That's why you can't ask God to give you the dimensions of his spirit he gave to someone else, because you don't know the dealings God had with that person in the first place before he started getting manifesting the dimensions of God he he is manifesting.
I completely understand you now, I see what you're saying.
God know everyone's capabilities and will give them the tests, trails and office that suits them. though a prophet seems to endure more, he is build to withstand it. And just like for everyone God wont give or push pass each individual breaking points.

thanks cool that explains why some are given more than others, because they can handle it

2 Likes

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
Rejection Is Also Part Of It. Every True Prophet Of God Would Experience Rejection 4rm People.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by ichuka(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
BlueAngel444:
you and truvel are right so far, in a way grin
how so ur input might be useful
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
During Dis Prophetic Preparation, U Will Ostracize Too, Yes.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
Truvel:
During Dis Prophetic Preparation, U Will Ostracize Too, Yes.
Yes, 100%. Its actually the hardest part.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 12:53am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
and not all workers do the same thing now or do they. Koboko grin
We are all to do the same work and we are all to be judged by the same standards.
Forget what you have read in the letters written by Paul - it is not Paul you are meant to believe but Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ made it clear, as written in His gospels, that we are all called servants and our goal out to be to serve the Master, according to the Will of the Master, not our Will, and the Will of God is that we each do works of righteousness to enter His Kingdom.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 12:54am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Are you saying God did not call prophets?

Are you saying God told you He did not send prophet(s) to his churches?
Learn to read please. God called them Prophets in His Old Covenant. However, in His New Covenant, they are all called Children of God... for all of them, He directly teaches and speaks His word through.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 3:33am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Ya Prophets receive but not to the extent of the balaamic prophets

I don't get your point. I think its either yes or NO . Were prophets receiving .money and gifts in the bible days or they go hungry as our brother teaches.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 3:49am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
lol like u said only true prophets understand what u are saying. I guess the fake lots have it easy don't they grin

The God that can't provide for his prophets is not worth being called God.

Read your Bible not human story. Human experience is subject to their knowledge and ignorance. It shouldnt be a standard for teaching. Like the saying goes " DONT PACK UP IN THE SAME PARKING LOT YOUR FATHERS PACKED UP"
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
We are all to do the same work and we are all to be judged by the same standards.
Forget what you have read in the letters written by Paul - it is not Paul you are meant to believe but Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ made it clear, as written in His gospels, that we are all called servants and our goal out to be to serve the Master, according to the Will of the Master, not our Will, and the Will of God is that we each do works of righteousness to enter His Kingdom.
Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Matthew 23:34
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 7:06am On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Learn to read please. God called them Prophets in His Old Covenant. However, in His New Covenant, they are all called Children of God... for all of them, He directly teaches and speaks His word through.
And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.

Acts 21:10

Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Acts 13:1
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 7:08am On Nov 15, 2020
petra1:

I don't get your point. I think its either yes or NO . Were prophets receiving .money and gifts in the bible days or they go hungry as our brother teaches.

Did Elijah and Jesus not go hungry and without food for many days, and yes God provided nourishment for them, but since you asked. Yes they received gifts
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 7:10am On Nov 15, 2020
petra1:

The God that can't provide for his prophets is not worth being called God.

Read your Bible not human story. Human experience is subject to their knowledge and ignorance. It shouldnt be a standard for teaching. Like the saying goes " DONT PACK UP IN THE SAME PARKING LOT YOUR FATHERS PACKED UP"

There is a difference between God providing and men extorting with the name of God.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:

And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.

Acts 21:10

Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Acts 13:1
I know what is written in the book of Acts, and the epistles of Paul, but none of that changes the teachings of Jesus Christ. Christians were not "separated" from the rest of the Hebrews, even when Jesus Christ was alive, there was also John the Baptist, an Old Covenant Prophet. Also, recall that both the prophets of the Old Covenant and the New Covenant followers of Jesus Christ both work for the same God?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
I know what is written in the book of Acts, and the epistles of Paul, but none of that changes the teachings of Jesus Christ. Christians were not "separated" from the rest of the Hebrews, even when Jesus Christ was alive, there was also John the Baptist, an Old Covenant Prophet. Also, recall that both the prophets of the Old Covenant and the New Covenant followers of Jesus Christ both work for the same God?

I am sending you prophets and wise men (interpreters and teachers) and scribes (men learned in the Mosaic Law and the Prophets); some of them you will kill, even crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and pursue and persecute from town to town,

Claiming to know what is written without proper understanding why it was written is what a lie is based on.
– Blueangel444 15/11/2020
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

When reading Scripture, you have to be sure you understand the context and audience of what is being said. When considering what was stated in verse 34, ask these very important questions of yourself, who was Jesus Christ speaking to? Who was He speaking of?

Matthew 23 vs 29-36 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29. “It will be bad for you teachers of the law and you Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets. And you show honor to the graves of the godly people who were killed.
30. And you say, ‘If we had lived during the time of our ancestors, we would not have helped them kill these prophets.’
31. So you give proof that you are descendants of those who killed the prophets.
32. And you will finish the sin that your ancestors started!
33. “You are snakes! You are from a family of poisonous snakes! You will not escape God. You will all be judged guilty and go to hell!
34. So I tell you this: I send to you prophets and teachers who are wise and know the Scriptures. You will kill some of them. You will hang some of them on crosses. You will beat some of them in your synagogues. You will chase them from town to town.
35. “So you will be guilty for the death of all the good people who have been killed on earth. You will be guilty for the killing of that godly man Abel. And you will be guilty for the killing of Zechariah[f] son of Berachiah. He was killed between the Temple and the altar. You will be guilty for the killing of all the good people who lived between the time of Abel and the time of Zechariah.
36. Believe me when I say that all these things will happen to you people who are living now.
He was speaking to the Old Covenant believers who believed in God and His sending of knew of Prophets and Teachers. Who are the people Jesus Christ eventually send out in Matthew 28? undecided
After Jesus Christ's death, were only a handful of Christians persecuted or where all who claimed to be followers of Jesus Christ persecuted and chased from town to town? undecided
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 7:46am On Nov 15, 2020
BlueAngel444:
There is a difference between God providing and men extorting with the name of God.

The thread is not about extortion but rather the fact that prophets must suffer lack and suffer pain. Where is the dominion christ died for.

Prophets never lacked . God provides for his own . Even when the whole nation lacked food. Raven brought meat for Man of God. An experience that is contrary to God's nature has to do with the individual not God. A prophet is a man of authority and power.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you

The experience of our brother rather suits more for an intercessor but not a prophet.
Because an intercessor sometimes get afflicted for . I have ministered to many . And the dekon attacking them says " he's disturbing us with his prayers "

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

So Which Is The True Religion? / Don't Feed Your Self With Worldly Information Or Knowledge. / In What Does Seun Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.