Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,061 members, 7,859,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:45 PM

What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. (7290 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:10am On Nov 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What? That is not a prophecy but a prayer by David....seriously, stop inserting meaning where there is none to be had!

What Judas do you see in verse 6?

Good, if you read further to verse to verse 8 . You will have clearer understanding that it jumped into prophecy about Judas.

Psalms 109:8
. .Let his days be few;
and let another take his office.

You can read the interpretation of the fulfilnent of this prophecy in the book of acts chapter 1

Act 1:16 — Act 1:20
Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity;
For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Missyajoke(f): 6:34am On Nov 07, 2020
petra1:

David wrote a psalm in the days when his enemies rose against him especially ahitiohel .

From vs 1 to 5 he spoke about them butt in vs 6 he spoke about Judas.

Psa 109:5 ,
And they have rewarded me evil for good,
and hatred for my love

Psa 109:5 Set thou a wicked man over him:
and let Satan stand at his right hand.

That's how prophecy works . It doesn't necessarily carry context of preceding vs .

Can't you ignore kobojunkie for once you've derailed the thread angry angry angry.
The guy is looking for answers and you're here arguing.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 6:41am On Nov 07, 2020
petra1:
Good, if you read further to verse to verse 8 . You will have clearer understanding that its jumped into prophecy about Judas.

Psalms 109:8
. .Let his days be few;
and let another take his office.

You can read the interpretation of the prophecy in the book of acts chapter 1

Act 1:16 — Act 1:20
Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity;
For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Psalm 109 vs 1-10 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. God, I praise you! Hear my prayer and do something!
2. Wicked people are telling lies about me. They are saying things that are not true.
3. They are saying hateful things about me. They are attacking me for no reason.
4. I loved them, but they were against me. So I said a prayer.
5. I did good things to them, but they are doing bad things to me. I loved them, but they hated me.
6. They said, “Choose someone evil to represent him. Let the one at his side really be his accuser.
7. Let even his prayer be used as evidence against him, and let the court find him guilty.
8. Let his life be cut short, and let someone else take over his work.
9. Let his children become orphans and his wife a widow.
10. Make his children wander around as beggars, forced from homes that lie in ruins.
11. Let the people he owes take everything he owns. Let strangers get everything he worked for.
12. Let no one be kind to him. Let no one show mercy to his children.
13. May his family come to an end. May his name be unknown to future generations.
14. May the Lord remember the sins of his father, and may his mother’s sins never be erased.
15. May the Lord remember their sins forever, and may he cause people to forget his family completely.
16. He never did anything good. He never loved anyone. He made life hard for the poor and the helpless.
I have read what Peter said there, and when I went back and read the Psalms that you point out, I cannot help but wonder why the other punishments listed by David do not match up at all. This is David's prayer. Coincidentally, pieces of it could be said to fit the case of Judas' betrayal but sadly, it is not a prophecy since it leaves more questions than answers and prophecies don't tend to do that.

Note that Judas' life was not cut short at all... He took his own life.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I have read what Peter said there, and when I went back and read the Psalms that you point out, I cannot help but wonder why the other punishments listed by David do not match up at all. This is David's prayer. Coincidentally, pieces of it could be said to fit the case of Judas' betrayal but sadly, it is not a prophecy since it leaves more questions than answers and prophecies don't tend to do that.

Note that Judas' life was not cut short at all... He took his own life.

Beautiful , do you know why ?because a prophecy can just be a phrase in a sentence . It doesn't have to be in context .
You need to study on the principle of interpretation of prophecy.

Isaiah talks about the emmanuel . The surrounding verses had had its context but the emmanuel part talks about the messiah. Jesus is in every book of the bible
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:59am On Nov 07, 2020
Missyajoke:

Can't you ignore kobojunkie for once

Okay ma

The guy is looking for answers

We've answered the Op Questions. Is there any other answer he's asking?

. . .and you're here arguing. ..

argue keh? Lecture ni o. Okay We have stop
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2020
Missyajoke:

My dad is a prophet so I know a not about the prophetic ministry.
I Don't Really Know Whether Ur Dad Is A Prophet But All Called Would Pass Tru Dis.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2020
petra1:
Beautiful , do you know why ?because a prophecy can just be a phrase in a sentence . It doesn't have to be in context .
You need to study on the principle of interpretation of prophecy.

Isaiah talks about the emmanuel . The surrounding verses had had its context but the emmanuel part talks about the messiah. Jesus is in every book of the bible
As I said, you do not pull a verse out of its original context to give it a meaning that has nothing to do with its original in-context meaning. For example, the name Immanuel is likely not referring to Jesus Christ, as many of you like to assume it does, but instead to do with Isaiah or some other person who happened to live during that time.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2020
Missyajoke:

Whether Ur Dad Is A Prophet Or Not All Called To It Would Pass Tru Dis. Honestly, It's A Tough One.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2020
Missyajoke:

Whether Ur Dad Is A Prophet Or Not All Called To Dis, Would Pass Tru Dis. Who Prepares D Prophet? God. God Prepares His Prophets Secretly. Honestly, U May Not Understand Dis. Only Doze Who Are Called To It Would Understand Dis. If U Want To Get A Clear Pics Of What I'm Saying, I Av A Pdf Of It. I Can Upload It 4 U To Read. Even If U Read It Too, U May Not Still Understand, Only Doze Called To It Would Understand Clearly.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
Like I Said B4, It's Only Doze Called To It Would Understand. I Know It Won't Make Any Sense To U Guys. If I Were In Ur Shoes I Would Reason Dsame Way Too. But Dat's D Truth. Only Those Called To It Would Understand.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by elated177: 8:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
Truvel:
Like I Said B4, It's Only Doze Called To It Would Understand. I Know It Won't Make Any Sense To U Guys. If I Were In Ur Shoes I Would Reason Dsame Way Too. But Dat's D Truth. Only Those Called To It Would Understand.

I asked you a question. Prophet of which god?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by elated177: 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
Truvel:
Whether Ur Dad Is A Prophet Or Not All Called To Dis, Would Pass Tru Dis. Who Prepares D Prophet? God. God Prepares His Prophets Secretly. Honestly, U May Not Understand Dis. Only Doze Who Are Called To It Would Understand Dis. If U Want To Get A Clear Pics Of What I'm Saying, I Av A Pdf Of It. I Can Upload It 4 U To Read. Even If U Read It Too, U May Not Still Understand, Only Doze Called To It Would Understand Clearly.

God? Which god? Prophet of which god?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
I understand that being a prophet is not an easy road but I think you are exaggerating the suffering we will suffer. God is there to protect his prophets, we didnt choose to be one, he called us for a purpose, even though the training process can be painful, but we will prevail at the end.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
Nuttella:
I understand that being a prophet is not an easy road but I think you are overemphasizing the suffering we will suffer. God is there to protect his prophets, we didnt choose to be one, he called us for a purpose, even though the training process can be painful, but we will prevail at the end.
I Would Advise U Read D Pdf Prophetic Preparation By Les Crause 4 A Clearer Understanding. There Is A Guy In Nairaland In Dat Has D Pdf. Read It.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2020
Truvel:
I Would Advise U Read D Pdf Prophetic Preparation By Les Crause 4 A Clearer Understanding. There Is A Guy In Nairaland In Dat Has D Pdf. Read It.
What's the Guy's moniker on nairaland?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 07, 2020
Nuttella:
What's the Guy's moniker on nairaland?
I Av Forgotten D Guys Moniker. He Do Give Out Free Christian Ebooks.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2020
Truvel:
I Av Forget D Guys Moniker. He Do Give Out Free Christian Ebooks.
Okay mention me when you remember.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
Continuation. What Can I Even Liken Dis To. Just Like A Clay In D Potter's Hand Dat Is Marred. God Would Break U, Pound U & Remould U Again. Dis Experience Is Not A Funny One, It's Tough. If U Are Not Ready To Die (works Of D Flesh), Ur Suffering Continues. God Would Forcefully Humble U. If U Are Proving Stubborn & Still Resisting God, U Are Even Making Ur Suffering Worser. E.g When Jesus Was On D Cross, Dey Didn't Broke His Legs Because He Had Already Died But As 4 D Other Two Thieves Their Legs Were Broken So Dat Dey Would Die Quick. So, If U Don't Want Urs To Be Like Those Thieves On D Cross, Just Co-operate Jejely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 07, 2020
U May Start Experience Troubles Everywhere, Even Within Ur Family Circle. Things Would Start Going Bad 4 U Of Which U Don't Understand Or Unable To Explain. Those Who Loves U Would Just Turn To Ur Enemy, Ur Wife Won't Understand U, Ur Husband Won't Understand U Etc. Everyone Will Start See U As Though U Are Losing Ur Senses Or U Av Lost Ur Senses.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 2:04am On Nov 08, 2020
Truvel:
U May Start Experience Troubles Everywhere, Even Within Ur Family Circle. Things Would Start Going Bad 4 U Of Which U Don't Understand Or Unable To Explain. Doze Who Loves U Would Just To Ur Enemy Etc.

By the way, Job's suffering lasted for approximately 7 months. So if you are experiencing great suffering, maybe you should look closely at yourself to find out if your lifestyle and choices aren't contributing factors.

That said, as far as family is concerned, He, Jesus Christ, came to put enmity between His followers and their family members(mother, family, children, wife, sisters, husband etc.). Yes, Jesus Christ told all His followers this, warning them that the members of their household will be their enemy.
Now, you are meant not only to accept this but ignore them so you can focus on Jesus Christ... Love Him, Jesus Christ, more than you love those in your family.
Every follower of Jesus Christ ought to know this.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:24am On Nov 08, 2020
Truvel:

It is not a scriptural thing to be suffering. The only thing a Christian should suffer is persecution . But when it comes to issue of suffering from the enemy or poverty i think you're wrong .
God provide for his own and God protects his own .

[b]Luke 10:4

Carry neither purse . . . for the labourer is worthy of his hire.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Nuttella:
I understand that being a prophet is not an easy road but I think you are exaggerating the suffering we will suffer. God is there to protect his prophets, we .

You are very correct jare
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:30am On Nov 08, 2020
Truvel:
U May Start Experience Troubles Everywhere, Even Within Ur Family Circle. Things Would Start Going Bad 4 U Of Which U Don't Understand Or Unable To Explain. Doze Who Loves U Would Just To Ur Enemy Etc.

This is a different thing. If anyone experience all these . It's not because of the call of God. He has what is pursuing him . Its not for everybody. Christian challenges are for a short time . Whe issues prolong check yourself
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 08, 2020
Like I Said B4 It Won't Make Any sense To U Guys, Yes. 1. Dis Msg Is Meant 4 Doze Called To It. 2. I Wrote Dis So Dat When Dis Guys Start Experiencing Dis Things Dey Shouldn't Be Surprise. Dis Msg Is Not 4 Everyone But 4 Dis Guys.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2020
Truvel:
Like I Said B4 It Won't Make Any sense To U Guys, Yes. 1. Dis Msg Is Meant 4 Doze Called To It. 2. I Wrote Dis So Dat When Dis Guys Start Experiencing Dis Things Dey Shouldn't Be Surprise. Dis Msg Is Not 4 Everyone But 4 Dis Guys.

I said you are wrong . You message cannot be contrary to the bible . You cant be preaching lack to Gods people and call it a mesage . Some so called prophets have mental case and they believe their lack is from God. I have met some individuals who think they have a call . They make every wrong decisions and would not yield to counsel. They lack food no job, they are not submitted to any spiritual authority. They are nuisance in the family . They never finish school . They think its God . They have mental case . Or demonic attack. So pls if you cant back up your so called suffering message. You can belive it for yourself but don't project or suggest it into the spirit of others
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 6:55am On Nov 08, 2020
Nuttella:
Okay mention me when you remember.

I have the book you can send me your whatsapp number. You can also reach the other guy on +231 88 064 4446
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2020
Petra1, Dis Suffering Is Specially Meant 4 D Prophets Not 4 All Christians. God Gave D Prophet Power & Authority Over Nations & Over Kingdoms, To Root Out, & To Pull Down, & To Destroy & To Throw Down, To Build & To Plant Jeremiah 1:10 It Was Dsame Power Elijah Used To Lock Heaven Dat It Shouldn't Rain. So As A Prophet, Do U Think God Would Just Give U Dis Power So Dat U Can Use It Anyhow As U Wish? No. 2ndly, As A Prophet Any Word Spoken Carelessly Would Av Negative Effects In D Lives Of D Children Of God. 4 God To Entrust U With Dis Power, God Has To Put D Prophets Tru Dis Tough Process To Eradicate Any Single Trace Of D Works Of D Flesh B4 He Can Entrust U With His Power & Authority. God Would Also Put To An End Dat Little god In Man Dat Demands Recognition. Dis Process Is Called Prophetic Preparation. Dis Experience Is Not A Funny One. It Is Real Tough. When God Sees Dat U Are Really Dealt With & Av Come To D State Where Can Entrust U With His Power, Den Ur Training Begins. God Begins To Train U.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Missyajoke(f): 7:12am On Nov 08, 2020
I don't understand all what this argument is for @truvel? Are you for God or what why are you complaining. I hope you know God has countless replacement of you. I hope you'll not understand when its too late. Why complain?? Work for God and he will reward you. The day I stopped complaining was the day God said he was going to replace me with someone else. My eyes opened that day and I stopped complaining.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 7:21am On Nov 08, 2020
Truvel:
Petra1, Dis Suffering Is Specially Meant 4 D Prophets Not 4 All Christians. God Gave D Prophet Power & Authority Over Nations & Over Kingdoms, To Root Out, & To Pull Down, & To Destroy & To Throw Down, To Build & To Plant Jeremiah 1:10 It Was Dsame Power Elijah Used To Lock Heaven Dat It Shouldn't Rain. So As A Prophet, Do U Think God Would Just Give U Dis Power So Dat U Can Use It Anyhow As U Wish? 2ndly, As A Prophet Any Word Spoken Carelessly Would Av Negative Effects In D Lives Of D Children Of God. 4 God To Entrust U With Dis Power, God Has To Put D Prophets Tru Dis Tough Process To Eradicate Any Single Trace Of D Works Of D Flesh B4 He Can Entrust U With His Power & Authority. Dis Process Is Called Prophetic Preparation. Dis Experience Is Not A Funny One. It Is Real Tough.

Can i ask you a question?
Why do you think so ?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 08, 2020
Missyajoke:
I don't understand all what this argument is for @truvel? Are you for God or what why are you complaining. I hope you know God has countless replacement of you. I hope you'll not understand when its too late. Why complain?? Work for God and he will reward you. The day I stopped complaining was the day God said he was going to replace me with someone else. My eyes opened that day and I stopped complaining.
I'm Not Complaining Oo. I Only Want People To Know What The Prophetic Office Is All Abt. & What Their Experience Would Look Like If Dey Happen To Be One.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by delkuf(m): 7:23am On Nov 08, 2020
Truvel:
My Dear, It May Be Difficult 4 U To Understand. All I'm Saying Is Dat The Office Of A Prophet Involves Death( Which Involves Severe Suffering) Yes. Whereby God Puts An End To D Works Of D Flesh In D Life Of D Prophets. How? Tru Suffering. God Will Drill U. Dis Drilling Comes With Suffering. I Know U May Find It Difficult To Understand But Honestly Dat's D Truth. Dis Death( Dat Involves suffering) Is Called Prophetic Preparation. Doze Called To Dis Would Understand Better.
Guy, are you kobojunkie 2.0. You are just blabbing like him
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 7:23am On Nov 08, 2020
Missyajoke:
I don't understand all what this argument is for @truvel? Are you for God or what why are you complaining. I .

He didn't say he's a prophet. He said he has a message for prophet.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by delkuf(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2020
Truvel:
do you really believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I don't think so because if you do, you won't be saying this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Streams Of Income - God's Will / What's The Best Gift Anyone Could Give To You This Christmas? / Difference Between The Power Of God And The Glory Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.