Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,046 members, 7,859,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:08 PM

What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. (7286 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:

By the way, Job's suffering lasted for approximately 7 months. So if you are experiencing great suffering, maybe you should look closely at yourself to find out if your lifestyle and choices aren't contributing factors.

That said, as far as family is concerned, He, Jesus Christ, came to put enmity between His followers and their family members(mother, family, children, wife, sisters, husband etc.). Yes, Jesus Christ told all His followers this, warning them that the members of their household will be their enemy.
Now, you are meant not only to accept this but ignore them so you can focus on Jesus Christ... Love Him, Jesus Christ, more than you love those in your family.
Every follower of Jesus Christ ought to know this.
Jesu how do u know it was 7months shocked
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:

We shocked Wii
Are u saying u are a prophetess cheesy
Yes.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
petra1:

It is not a scriptural thing to be suffering. The only thing a Christian should suffer is persecution . But when it comes to issue of suffering from the enemy or poverty i think you're wrong .
God provide for his own and God protects his own .

[b]Luke 10:4

Carry neither purse . . . for the labourer is worthy of his hire.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

You are very correct jare
Elisha was hiding
Elisha was poor, Gehazi lied to collect things from Namaan, he prayed for bread to multiple, for the spoilt food to be fixed. Elisha abandoned his wealth anyway.

Was it only Elisha, you think those prophets were living high and mighty. Elijah fed off a foreign widow. Who else those prophets were maltreated, killed. Didn't Jesus say their blood will be required of that Jewish generation.

Are you now saying they didn't have enemies shocked
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nuttella:
Yes.
really, I want someone to tell me what God is saying concerning my life o
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
petra1:

I said you are wrong . You message cannot be contrary to the bible . You cant be preaching lack to Gods people and call it a mesage . Some so called prophets have mental case and they believe their lack is from God. I have met some individuals who think they have a call . They make every wrong decisions and would not yield to counsel. They lack food no job, they are not submitted to any spiritual authority. They are nuisance in the family . They never finish school . They think its God . They have mental case . Or demonic attack. So pls if you cant back up your so called suffering message. You can belive it for yourself but don't project or suggest it into the spirit of others

lol, it's amazing how people say others are wrong, while they are wrong, but does that make them right?

Truvel was actually right, but what do I know grin enjoy your right to feel right cheesy
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
Truvel:
Petra1, Dis Suffering Is Specially Meant 4 D Prophets Not 4 All Christians. God Gave D Prophet Power & Authority Over Nations & Over Kingdoms, To Root Out, & To Pull Down, & To Destroy & To Throw Down, To Build & To Plant Jeremiah 1:10 It Was Dsame Power Elijah Used To Lock Heaven Dat It Shouldn't Rain. So As A Prophet, Do U Think God Would Just Give U Dis Power So Dat U Can Use It Anyhow As U Wish? No. 2ndly, As A Prophet Any Word Spoken Carelessly Would Av Negative Effects In D Lives Of D Children Of God. 4 God To Entrust U With Dis Power, God Has To Put D Prophets Tru Dis Tough Process To Eradicate Any Single Trace Of D Works Of D Flesh B4 He Can Entrust U With His Power & Authority. God Would Also Put To An End Dat Little god In Man Dat Demands Recognition. Dis Process Is Called Prophetic Preparation. Dis Experience Is Not A Funny One. It Is Real Tough. When God Sees Dat U Are Really Dealt With & Av Come To D State Where Can Entrust U With His Power, Den Ur Training Begins. God Begins To Train U.
lol like u said only true prophets understand what u are saying. I guess the fake lots have it easy don't they grin
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2020
Missyajoke:
I don't understand all what this argument is for @truvel? Are you for God or what why are you complaining. I hope you know God has countless replacement of you. I hope you'll not understand when its too late. Why complain?? Work for God and he will reward you. The day I stopped complaining was the day God said he was going to replace me with someone else. My eyes opened that day and I stopped complaining.
your complain might have been undermining God. Jeremiah, Jesus, Job complained of the pain they faced and experienced. Even among complains difference dey. grin but valid point though.

If God is to replace his true prophet He takes him home and sends another.

So truvel which complain are you complaining cheesy
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Jesu how do u know it was 7months shocked
Read the book of Job yourself. You are told in their that it indeed was for a period of about 7 months
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Read the book of Job yourself. You are told in their that it indeed was for a period of about 7 months
which part, tell me naaaa. Pleaseeeeeeee
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
Truvel:
Lol, I No Dey Put Fear 4 Ur Body Oo. I'm By His Grace. But Dis Experience Is Real.
prophet sir what is God saying concerning my life smiley
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
Truvel:
Continuation: After Ur Preparation Comes To An End & When God Sees Dat U Av Been Really Dealt With & Av Come To D Level Of Acceptance, Ur Training Starts. In Dis Training God Begins To Teach U How To Use D Key Of Authority & Power ( Just Like What Elijah Used) U Will Undergo Training Under A Prophet. Just Like (master Elijah & Discipleship or mentorship Elisha, Master Moses & Mentorship Joshua, Master Paul, Mentorship Timothy. Just Like Dat. During Dis Training, D Master Would Impact His Knowledge To His Discipleship Or Mentorship. After Awhile There Would Be Seperation Btw Dem. D Disciple Or D Mentorship Becomes A Master. Just Like What Happened Btw Elijah & Elisha. Elisha Became A Master & He Started Doing What His Master Was Doing. D Process To Dis Stage Is Not An Easy One. It's Tough.
nahhh God trains his prophets Himself, though a prophet can have a mentor. Not always the case like Moses, Elijah, Samuel, Jeremiah, Daniel etc
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
elated177:

There is no such thing as office of a prophet.

Every saint of Yahushua the Messiah will experience persecution in this sinful and depraved world.
Really so the same you that said the bible is true now calls it a liar, or isn't that what you say when the bible records Agabus a prophet, prophets and teachers in the church that sends Saul out into his ministry, or OMG John the Baptist was not a prophet, the realization, I am shocked shocked,
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am saying that so long as you continue to believe yourself a prophet like the Old Covenant Prophets, you are in the wrong! For one you are not a descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob -- you are essentially a foreigner (non-Israelite) living in a foreign land (land not the land of Canaan that was promised), so you are not included in the Old Covenant.

Instead, in His New Covenant, God has installed every one of His followers as messengers/prophets, bearing His Teaching/message to those in the world. God Himself, through Jesus Christ (The Spirit of Truth), is the one and only Teacher/Mentor/Guide/Counselor/Helper/Trainer to those who follow after Him.
So according to you a prophet must be a blood descendant of Abraham. Hmmm, koboko
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Everybody who is born again is a prophet of God according to the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, between God and man.

There are no "special offices", not according to Jesus Christ. So, your prophets with "special offices" are not of Jesus Christ at all. Jesus Christ does not reserve special treatment for some of His followers over others. All of His followers get the same training... every single one of them. And I can tell you that every single person who wants to be born again must submit to the same stipulations as stated by Jesus Christ Himself. The rules don't change because of some idea of "special office" like you and your fellow chatters have supposed to this point.

Obedience is the key into the Kingdom of God. Acceptance means obedience of His commandments. No one can become a follower of Jesus Christ simply by wishing for it. Jesus required that those who choose to follow Him do the work that He commands they first do i.e. Obey that which He has stipulated.

1. Be prepared to abandon parents, brother, sister, children, spouse, in-laws, e.t.c.
2. Abandon all that you know/believe, have, and all that you are
3. Bear your own burden (not someone else's cross- not even your family's or children's)

4. Become a child again in your thinking and your actions

5. Be prepared to lose life(reputation, career, control, property, etc.)

6. Desire above all to find and enter the Kingdom of God and also walk the path of righteousness, with God as your guide every step
7. Let go of all control you have over your life and circumstances, allowing God to take care of your every need
koboko koboko, oya what of John 21:20-23 if Jesus treats every d same
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
petra1:

But What about many who didn't. Personal experience should not be a law.
It has nothing to do with prophets. There is persecution for every call. I know the saying "PROPHETS WALK ALONE" a prophet may not associate with crowd as others by the virtue of the demand on his call. He need to fast often to sharpen his vision and hear from heaven . But not all these issues of lack and co. If there is an office that revive money the most it is the office of a prophet. The richest ministers today are prophets . Because people give to prophets right from bible days

1Sa 9:6 — 1Sa 9:9
And he said unto him, Behold now, there is in this city a man of God, and he is an honourable man; all that he saith cometh surely to pass: now let us go thither; peradventure he can shew us our way that we should go. Then said Saul to his servant, But, behold, if we go, what shall we bring the man? for the bread is spent in our vessels, and there is not a present to bring to the man of God: what have we? And the servant answered Saul again, and said, Behold, I have here at hand the fourth part of a shekel of silver: that will I give to the man of God, to tell us our way. (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to enquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)

Ya Prophets receive but not to the extent of the balaamic prophets
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nuttella:
Exactly, I don't know some people tend to beef prophet, being a prophet is not easy, if I see a way to run away from my call, I will do it but you can't run away from God.
u want to run from ur calling shocked

Why cheesy

Husband, children, money or what?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
delkuf:
Which shoe. Which genuine prophet of God, you are just miss yarning. you should be asking for forgiveness. Look at how many people are admonishing you that you are speaking nonsense still you are saying that you are saying something reasonable. Even the Bible says at the testimony of two or three people the truth is established. Now the they have been more three people telling you that you are wrong and you have refuse to receive correction. This is not a trait of a mature Christian. it is baby in Christ that behave like this
lol the multitude of the sanhedrin council called Jesus a liar, I guess we should believe them tongue
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nuttella:
Apostle Paul said that he wants us all to speak in tongues and prophesy, he didn't say he want us all to be prophets. Though recently, God has been calling a lot of people to become prophets, to carry the mantle as that of Elijah, they will be the endtime revivalists.
hmm, is a revivalist a prophet?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Not everyone is a preacher

Jesus did not teach all his followers

Prophets were in the congregation of the believers in acts
You have a lot you don't seem to know about what It means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. To be a follower of Jesus Christ, you have to become born again. Once the Spirit of Truth is in you and begins to lead you, He teaches you all of what Jesus Christ, the truth, is and taught. Once you have the truth of God inside of you, you will yourself unablee to hold it to yourself, wanting so much to spread the truth revealed, and He, the Spirit of Truth, will lead tou to teach it to others too.
So you preach the truth revealed, according to the commandment and lead of of His Spirit, just as Jesus Christ commmanded
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:
nahhh God trains his prophets Himself, though a prophet can have a mentor. Not always the case like Moses, Elijah, Samuel, Jeremiah, Daniel etc
Samuel Was Mentored By Eli. He Ministered Unto The Lord B4 Eli. When Samuel Was A Novice Then Eli Taught Him. As 4 Others They May Likely Be Mentored Too Probably D Bible Didn't Tell Us.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:
koboko koboko, oya what of John 21:20-23 if Jesus treats every d same
What in John 21 vs 20-23 causes you to think that Jesus Christ treated Peter different from the way He treated others? undecided
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Well, ask yourself this one very important question and be honest with yourself about it. Are you a follower of Jesus Christ or are you a follower of Paul in these things? undecided

God will never call anyone different from the call He made through Jesus Christ to all men. Any assumed call different from the one that came through Jesus Christ is not of the same God, mind you, since God does not lie and He does not change His mind, especially as far as His Covenants are concerned. The plan that God set in motion about 2000 years ago is still the only plan that is in play even today - He did not promise you any more messiahs and He certainly did not promise you any new "Prophets", not even Elijahs.
Are you saying God did not call prophets?

Are you saying God told you He did not send prophet(s) to his churches?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
Truvel:
Samuel Was Mentored By Eli. He Ministered Unto The Lord B4 Eli. When Samuel Was A Novice Then Eli Taught Him. As 4 Others They May Likely Be Mentored Too Probably D Bible Didn't Tell Us.
be wise not to turn probablities into definite accertion.

Prophets are raised by God not by men.

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What in John 21 vs 20-23 causes you to think that Jesus Christ treated Peter different from the way He treated others? undecided
Why should I tell you cheesy

What do I know grin
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:
your complain might have been undermining God. Jeremiah, Jesus, Job complained of the pain they faced and experienced. Even among complains difference dey. grin but valid point though.

If God is to replace his true prophet He takes him home and sends another.

So truvel which complain are you complaining cheesy
Like I Said B4, I'm Not Complaining. I'm Only Letting Doze Guys Who Av Dis Call To Know Dat It's Not An Easy Road. It's Tough.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Aya is this what u experience cry
I Experienced Dsame.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You have a lot you don't seem to know about what It means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. To be a follower of Jesus Christ, you have to become born again. Once the Spirit of Truth is in you and begins to lead you, He teaches you all of what Jesus Christ, the truth, is and taught. Once you have the truth of God inside of you, you will yourself unablee to hold it to yourself, wanting so much to spread the truth revealed, and He, the Spirit of Truth, will lead tou to teach it to others too.
So you preach the truth revealed, according to the commandment and lead of of His Spirit, just as Jesus Christ commmanded
Ya this are just words that have no direct relation to the post you quoted.

Are you using another truth cover up a lie you believe?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
Truvel:
Like I Said B4, I'm Not Complaining. I'm Only Letting Doze Guys Who Av Dis Call To Know Dat It's Not An Easy Road. It's Tough.
Ya I figured wink
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ said that of His followers too. We are all workers/children of God/Servants... all of us the same.
and not all workers do the same thing now or do they. Koboko grin
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Who told you a prophet must come from a particular tribe, people or race, or where did you read that from
If you read beginning from exodus 12 on through Deuteronomy 31, you would find thet under the Old Covenant laws, God started that He would set up prophets from among the tribes of Israel to serve as His prophets in the land If Israel. And this exactly what He did. He did not send a foreigner as Prophet to His people, Israel, because from among them did He state that He would get His prophets.

In the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, since God lives inside of each and everyone who belongs to Him and they all hear His, Jesus Christ's, voice, and the only Teacher/counselor/guide for those who belong to Him is the Spirit of God Himself, prophets like those If old are not be necessary. And unlike God in His definition of His Old Covenant, Jesus Christ, rather spoke against prophets who would come in His name as false prophets.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by BlueAngel444: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Let's start from the beginning. Are you able to answer the following questions, so that we don't end up arguing BLINDLY as you claim.

1) Why did God decide on sending out only a select few as Prophets to the People of Israel as part of His Old Covenant?
2) What was the job of His prophets in the Old Covenant?
3) Where all persons in the land then who had the ability to do signs and wonders prophets as far as His Old Covenant? undecided
koboko why u dey fall hand na, nuttella asked you what Jesus said, you are taking about the beginning. Heyyy Jesu
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
BlueAngel444:
and not all workers do the same thing now or do they. Koboko grin
According to Jesus Christ, all workers do the same work. What Jesus Christ commanded Peter to do in John 21 vs 20-23, is the same exact work that Jesus Christ commands all of His Sheep to do(see Matthew 25 vs 31-40). And no single worker will enter the Kingdom of Heaven without doing that workk as commanded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge / Tell Your Dream Let Me Interpret. / Christians, Satanist And Atheist I Pity You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.