Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,998 members, 7,859,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. (7285 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Airlove: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
If you feel insulted by the truth, then the problem of pride is not mine but yours. Learn to better comprehend what is written so you do not continue to miss the point... that is advice to help you better understand what is written, as it is written, instead of trying so hard to correct the narrative by injecting your own opinion as if fact.

I dont want to drag words with you. In your definition of God’s criteria to be a prophet under the old covenant, which criteria did balaam not qualify to be called a prophet of God. The verse 6 you quoted of numbers 12 6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
Did balaam not pass the test?
The fact balaam acted against the jews does not make him a false prophet of God(His visions and dreams). The same jehovah that spoke to the jewish prophet spoke to him.

Some refer to him as false prophet because they want to sound religiously correct based on his deeds against the jews.

Some say he is not a prophet of God but his visions, omens , dreams and sacrifices was unto jehovah Who spoke to him after he offered them

Who then is a true prophet and a false prophet?

Worthy of note, d prophetic messages comes through Earthen vessel, Vessels can corrupt the purity of the message if their will is not fully aligned with God. Then does it make them false prophets ? When it is the same God speaking through them

1 Like

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkiee: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2020
Airlove:

I dont want to drag words with you. In your definition of God’s criteria to be a prophet under the old covenant, which criteria did balaam not qualify to be called a prophet of God. The verse 6 you quoted of numbers 12 6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
Did balaam not pass the test?
Um... a prophet under the Old Covenant first and foremost had to be a descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Was Balaam a descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? I have repeated this over and over at this point that anyone who chooses to continue to ignore this fact is simply just chasing tails.

The book of Numbers chapter 12 is not the only place where God specified a detail as regards His Old Covenant Prophets, it is just one place out of many. As I stated in the beginning, the office of priests, prophets, witches, sin, you name it, was in existence long before the Israelites showed up on the horizon. However, as relates to the Old Covenant between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, God was clear in providing His own definition and stipulation as far as everything -- priesthood, prophetic station, sin, tithing, righteousness, holiness, abomination, you name it.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
Airlove:

It is not written but do you think david will allow an unrighteousness man to be part of his inner most circle without having seen element of integrity and faithfulness? He is not just any man but davids childhood friend.Ahitophel is from thee tribe of judah by default same abrahamic covenant rest on him.
Bro. Just 4get. Ur Best Friend Today May Turn Ur Worst Enemy Tomorrow. Dat's Life.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Airlove: 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
Thats the bitter lesson of life. A mans enemy is among his brethren. The can appear good at the start but can be vulnerable to manipulation
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
I Know There Are Those Who May Av Dis Call & Be Excited Abt Dis Call But Dis Guys Do Not Know What It's At Stake. A Time Would Come, U May Start Regreting Having Dis Call Or Wish U Didn't Av Dis Call Because Of D Strange & Inexplainable Problems U Will Be Facing, Of Which U May Not Know How To Come Out Of Dis Problems.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by EnochianElijah: 3:58am On Nov 25, 2020
The reason for suffering for a prophet is to learn compassion. One who suffers and does not blame God or themselves for their suffering and who knows their suffering is not in vain, they are the ones who know that their strength comes from God and nobody or nothing else! Long-suffering is a life of a prophet not because we chose to be a prophet but because God chose us! Those who are self entitled and appointed themselves to be a prophet without God calling them will soon show themselves to be false prophets! I understand this life too well. I have been chosen by God to usher in the coming of the Messiah, but I have been dragging my feet! Because I don't want to do it... I wanted to die, unfortunately God won't let me die because I absolutely have to do my mission as God has promised I would! I would make him out to be a liar if I don't come! He said I must! So this day Elijah has come to usher in the coming of the King of Kings!

I am Azrael Melchizedek Elijah, the General of Generals... General of the Army of Haven (Heaven was mispronounced)
I am an Enochian Archangel and brother of Jhe'shua (Aka: Jesus/Yeshua) and prophet of the most high!

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
EnochianElijah:
The reason for suffering for a prophet is to learn compassion. One who suffers and does not blame God or themselves for their suffering and who knows their suffering is not in vain, they are the ones who know that their strength comes from God and nobody or nothing else! Long-suffering is a life of a prophet not because we chose to be a prophet but because God chose us! Those who are self entitled and appointed themselves to be a prophet without God calling them will soon show themselves to be false prophets! I understand this life too well. I have been chosen by God to usher in the coming of the Messiah, but I have been dragging my feet! Because I don't want to do it... I wanted to die, unfortunately God won't let me die because I absolutely have to do my mission as God has promised I would! I would make him out to be a liar if I don't come! He said I must! So this day Elijah has come to usher in the coming of the King of Kings!

I am Azrael Melchizedek Elijah, the General of Generals... General of the Army of Haven (Heaven was mispronounced)
I am an Enochian Archangel and brother of Jhe'shua (Aka: Jesus/Yeshua) and prophet of the most high!
Their Suffering Goes Beyound Just Learning To Be Compassionate. It's A Call Of Death Where God Brings To Death Any Work Of D Flesh In His Prophet. Dis Guys Will Pass Tru D Fiery Furnace (hell On Earth). Any Guy U See Or Know Dat Av Dis Call, Just Pity D Person. Words Alone Is Not Enough To Explain What Dis Guys Go Tru. U Will Be Forced To Be Humble By God. It's Not A Funny One.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2020
If U Av Dis Prophetic Experience & U See Soldiers In Ur Dreams. It's Likely Dat U Are In D Preparation Stage, In D Period Of Death Or U Are Still Experiencing Hell On Earth.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
Has Anyone Of U Experienced Dis Prophetic Preparation?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Airlove: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2020
EnochianElijah:

These names you answer are heavy
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
EnochianElijah:

It's Not Just All Abt Bearing All Dis Titles. If U Av Pass Tru Dis Process, U Won't Take Any Of Dis Title As Anything.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
petra1:

I have the book you can send me your whatsapp number. You can also reach the other guy on +231 88 064 4446

Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Olamilekan92:

Can U Send It To My Email? So Dat I Can Download It.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 1:24am On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
Can U Send It To My Email? So Dat I Can Download It.

No i dont have it
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
If U Av Dis Prophetic Experience & U See Soldiers In Ur Dreams. It's Likely Dat U Are In D Preparation Stage, In D Period Of Death Or U Are Still Experiencing Hell On Earth.
You see Soldiers in your dream? Let me guess, these soldiers are supposedly the army of the Lord?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by petra1(m): 8:11am On Dec 03, 2020
Olamilekan92:

Replied you
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You see Soldiers in your dream? Let me guess, these soldiers are supposedly the army of the Lord?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
U Are Still Right But To Those Who Av Dis Prophetic Call, It Means A Displine Or Chastisement 4rm God. It Means D Person Is Still In A Death Process Or God Is Still Dealing With Person.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
petra1:

Replied you

Thank you sir
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
U Are Still Right But To Those Who Av Dis Prophetic Call, It Means A Displine Or Chastisement 4rm God. It Means D Person Is Still In A Death Process Or God Is Still Dealing With Person.

My question is this, anybody that sees soldier ot army in his or her dreams is definitely called the prophetic ministry?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olamilekan92:

My question is this, anybody that sees soldier ot army in his or her dreams is definitely called the prophetic ministry?

I mean office of a prophet
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olamilekan92:

No. Not Always So. When D Person Starts Experiencing Unexplainable Difficulties, Problems & Sufferings, It's Likely Dat He Or She Is In D Preparation Stage. God Is Still Dealing With D Person. Secondly, D Person Will Know All Dis Happening To Him Or Her Is 4rm God.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
No. Not Always So. When D Person Start Experience Unexplainable Difficulties, Problems & Sufferings, It's Likely Dat He Or She Is In D Preparation Stage. God Is Still Dealing With D Person. Secondly, D Person Will Know All Dis Happening To Him Or Her Is 4rm God.

Am experiencing similar issues....but right at the moment i dont see vision, neither do i receive revelation. Am just a normal christian thriving in perfection. What do you feel about this Truvel?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Kobojunkie: 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
. BULLCRAP!

Your delusion there has nothing to do with Jesus Christ or God's call. It seems the bulk of you somehow think that after reading a couple of Paul's letters(letters that are famously misinterpreted by those who claim to follow after Paul), you convince yourselves that you also are in the right to invent your own "truth" to attach to the truth of God in some way. undecided
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olamilekan92:

Am experiencing similar issues....but right at the moment i dont see vision, neither do i receive revelation. Am just a normal christian thriving in perfection. What do you feel about this Truvel?
Do U See Visions Or Receive Revelation 4rm God B4?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
Do U See Visions Or Receive Revelation 4rm God B4?

Not really
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olamilekan92:

Not really
U Should Av Atleast Av Revelations, Either By Dreams Or Visions. It's Normal. Even Those Dat Av D Gift Of Prophecy Or Prophetic Ministry Av It. If U Had Said U Av Been Seeing Visions Or Receiving Revelations 4rm God B4. I Would Av Assumed Dat U Av Lost D Gift. Note: I'm Not In Anyway Saying U Don't Av D Call Of God.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
U Should Av Atleast Av Revelations, Either By Dreams Or Visions. It's Normal. Even Those Dat Av D Gift Of Prophecy Or Prophetic Ministry Av It. If U Had Said U Av Been Seeing Visions Or Receiving Revelations 4rm God B4. I Would Av Assumed Dat U Av Lost D Gift.

The only dream i do have is about myself, tho sometimes i dream about other people...but mostly i dream about myself
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olamilekan92:

The only dream i do have is about myself, tho sometimes i dream about other people...but mostly i dream about myself
Are D Dreams Meaningful (clear 4 U To Understand)
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
Are D Dreams Meaningful (clear 4 U To Understand)

Yes at times, and if it is not clear i call my spiritual mentor to pray and explain to me...have heard prophecy that i God wants to use me for his glory, but am not functioning in that pedestal yet am just a believer at the moment.
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olamilekan92:

Yes at times, and if it is not clear i call my spiritual mentor to pray and explain to me...have heard prophecy that i God wants to use me for his glory, but am not functioning in that pedestal yet am just a believer at the moment.
It Could Be D Time Hasn't Come Yet. Are U A Worker In Ur Church? If Yes, Which Department?
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Olamilekan92: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
Truvel:
It Could Be D Time Hasn't Come Yet. Are U A Worker In Ur Church? If Yes, Which Department?

I sweep the Church, and am planning on joining the usher department
Re: What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olamilekan92:

I sweep the Church, and am planning on joining the usher department
hmmmm, I See... I Will Advice U Join D Prayer Group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Watch Video Of Nigerian Pastor Who ‘heals’ Women By Sucking Their Breast In Keny / 'jesus And Islam' According To The Bible- Be The Judge / Tell Your Dream Let Me Interpret.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.