Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? (57573 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? / Ghana Church Elder Found Dead In Guest House After Having Sex With A Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Slurity(m): 6:04am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:
Please your advice is very important.

There's this girl I have been seeing on friendship level but presently there's urge to push it into relationship. From the look of things, I know she's already falling for me so the question whether she'll agree for me or not shouldn't even come in. However, I recently happened to know she's a member of brotherhood of the cross and star (the white garment and shoeless church) likewise her parents and other members of the family. Since I discovered this, I have been very sceptical about the whole thing.

Is it advisable to date such girl? What of in the event of breakup? Any physical or spiritual harm done to someone for being with such a person? Would I be coerced to convert to the beliefs (that is the last thing that will ever happen). Have you dated one before? How did it go?
You sound like you already prepared to dumb her already before even starting the relationship. Let me tell you the fact, your love for her should be your drive and get to understand that children of God are in all denominations of churches, what a celestial girl can do to you, a MFM and deeper life member can also do if with just one prayer point. Follow your mind of love and don't deliberately break anybody's heart. Go and fall in love my brother

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by adecz: 6:07am On Nov 19, 2020
Better try a girl who is a member
of a sisterhood!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Ajanaku3015: 6:20am On Nov 19, 2020
Mr poster

you're very stupid for calling my church name as brotherhood.
I don't blame you it's because you're have been brainwashed by ur so called pastors who are also a member of any society but they won't tell you.

Fooooooool
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Munzy14(m): 6:26am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:

There's this girl I have been seeing on friendship level but presently there's urge to push it into relationship. From the look of things, I know she's already falling for me so the question whether she'll agree for me or not shouldn't even come in. However, I recently happened to know she's a member of brotherhood of the cross and star (the white garment and shoeless church) likewise her parents and other members of the family. Since I discovered this, I have been very sceptical about the whole thing.

Is it advisable to date such girl? What of in the event of breakup? Any physical or spiritual harm done to someone for being with such a person? Would I be coerced to convert to the beliefs (that is the last thing that will ever happen). Have you dated one before? How did it go?
I can't....These white or purple garment people are mystic in nature, and their practice explore traditional religion mainly.

The ladies are best for the men in their gathering.
Birds of same feather flock together.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by JimD(m): 6:31am On Nov 19, 2020
You like her only because of her beauty. "Can two walk together except they agree?"

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 19, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Spiritual level is important in every relationship but people like looking away. If u are comfortable if or when it goes south, you can ask her out. cheesy cheesy

HI tall girl
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by ogbu80(m): 6:35am On Nov 19, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Spiritual level is important in every relationship but people like looking away. If u are comfortable if or when it goes south, you can ask her out. cheesy cheesy
that's if you are still alive before it goes south grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by JustforMen: 6:38am On Nov 19, 2020
Essence4real:
Please can a nairalander assist me 1k abeg I no get anything for breakfast tomorrow
3091379693 Firstbank God bless you.

Go and join OOO na. Dem go give you better sacrificial breakfast plus lunch grin grin grin angry angry angry

Bros, on a more serious note, you have to learn to use your present situation as a motivation to excel not as an excuse to beg.
Begging actually kills your drive, kills your confidence and demotivates you.
Think of anything, no matter how humble that you can do to get even small money to feed your self by yourself. By all means, preserve your dignity because whatever your situation is, it is simply temporary and one good day, you will count it a testimony.

It is dignity that makes a man.
You can contact me if you so wish- just drop your number and I will call you.

May the forces be with you and may the wind blow behind you to propel you to greatness.
May God shower you with favour and magnify the results of your efforts.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Spells(m): 6:43am On Nov 19, 2020
does who have dated one aren't alive to tell the story
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by JustforMen: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2020
emkz:
Please, let us refrain from condemning things we don't understand. I see some people shouting "occult" and bandying that word carelessly. Let us drop the stereotypes.

We can use this opportunity to learn about them. How about we ask a member to educate us about their beliefs and value systems of the church? Even if their beliefs do not align with our concepts of belief, let us respect them. I dropped my religious stereotypes a long time ago. I dated briefly a Jehovah's Witness girl and felt really comfortable because I read their Awake and Watchtower as a child and questioned their beliefs, I respect their discipline and maturity. The girl in question took care of me and loaded my phone with recharge cards when I was still very poor.

Once we learn about things we don't understand, we'd see areas where there are differences and become more relaxed in dealing with people. If I meet a girl, religion would be the last consideration on my mind: for man are religious but lack spirituality. A clear evidence of spiritual bankruptcy is condemning other people's beliefs without understanding.

I come in peace, please.

I will not insult OOO online but bros, dem go learn you sense if you think a lady's religion is of no relevance.
The religion is her essence not just the toto.
If you knack this toto, I bet you, it won't end well.
OP, just be careful na express you dey go so!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by knightphoenix: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2020
At thy own risk
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by ogbu80(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2020
Rareoil:

Please what happened
be like say you de date one sef lol
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by etrouble: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:

A church goer is saying this rubbish about a fellow church goer, why will I be surprised when he says worst things about my Islam? He is only talking as his brain thinks, definitely, his brain is not working
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by etrouble: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2020
baralatie:
are you musulumi

No way, no Muslim is as myopic as the poster except the Northern Almajaris.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Hillcol: 6:50am On Nov 19, 2020
Date her joor, don't be afraid, shey na love ni. Well for me I can even date mami wata as long as she loves me and won't hurt me.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by chukel(m): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Lol I didn't say he should be a hero. I gave him an hidden answer cheesy he should figure it out wink
*Runs outta thread*
* a hidden*
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by etrouble: 6:52am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:
Who has dated one before? Give me full gist. I'm talking about first hand experience.

I dated several of them from Brotherhood of the Cross and Star to Celestial Church of Christ to Cherubim and Seraphim. None of them is as short sighted and low thinking as you.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by BreconHills(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2020
LovesickG:

My mum was a former brotherhood member. Most of them, just like some of us, were born there so they naturally have to go there. I feel there's nothing spiritually wrong with them, that's where I go whenever im on holiday at my aunt's house. [b]The only thing I don't agree with is that they believe olumba olumba obu (ooo) is their creator, his son who is there current leader, is their Jesus, and the former's wife is Mary. They worship and pray in the name of Jesus like we all but theirs is to their Jesus. [/b]Don't stereotype the girl, marriage, if ur relationship ever gets there can bring her out if the church. My mum is currently a deeper life member

Nothing much wrong with them spiritually? Really? The bolded up there just makes Olumba Olumba a type of antichrist. From what you say, this guy should run!

Advice on faith should come from the manual ( the bible) not from our personal experiences no matter how profound or meaningful they may be to us.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Successfulben: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2020
My dear brother, that brotherhood movement is a satanic movement. There ladies are usually very beautiful and attractive. But you would have Satan as your father in-law to contend with when you decide to follow your mind. Brotherhood, celestial church of..., cherubim and seraphim etc have one source and it is certainly not approved by God. Flee my brother...flee.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by rowland545(m): 7:09am On Nov 19, 2020
Blessedassuranc:

OOO IS NOT A CHURCH. DO YOU EVEN READ THE BIBLE?
yes the Bible is used....and d doctrine of Jesus Christ is followed.

We all worship d one true God

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Successfulben: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2020
etrouble:

I dated several of them from Brotherhood of the Cross and Star to Celestial Church of Christ to Cherubim and Seraphim. None of them is as short sighted and low thinking as you.
I don't seem to understand you young man. I just pity you. Because your situation is about to be understood.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Successfulben: 7:11am On Nov 19, 2020
Successfulben:
My dear brother, that brotherhood movement is a satanic movement. There ladies are usually very beautiful and attractive. But you would have Satan as your father in-law to contend with when you decide to follow your mind. Brotherhood, celestial church of..., cherubim and seraphim etc have one source and it is certainly not approved by God. Flee my brother...flee.
sharap dia. Which same God are we serving? Be deceiving yourself there.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Successfulben: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2020
rowland545:
yes the Bible is used....and d doctrine of Jesus Christ is followed.

We all worship d one true God
You worship which true God. It's either u 'r deceiving yourself or you just need serious deliverance.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by BarrElChapo(m): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
She is harmless, I used to attend that church.
Date her and if you marry her you can convert her to your church. I left because I'm convinced they are not worshiping the almighty God but they will never harm you, they dont have such powers

Does what you wrote make sense to you. You left cos we're convinced they weren't worshipping God but he should enter. If they aren't worshipping God whom are they worshiping ?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by chelseamann(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2020
empire02:
Is she not a human being like other girls??
What if shix the girl God has destined you to marry ? Or are you trying to say that no white garment member will make heaven'

My advice, go ahead.
who is talking about Makin heaven here?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by snowblaq(f): 7:22am On Nov 19, 2020
empire02:
Is she not a human being like other girls??
What if shix the girl God has destined you to marry ? Or are you trying to say that no white garment member will make heaven'

My advice, go ahead.
How can one who doesn't believe in heaven, make heaven?
They believe that their leader O. O. Obu is Christ who has come to reign on Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by kingreign(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2020
rowland545:
[s]yes the Bible is used....and d doctrine of Jesus Christ is followed.

We all worship d one true God[/s]
We don't worship same God as you do. Stop painting it in order to mislead folks. You guys look up to Olumba Obu as author and finisher of your faiths, we Christians look onto Christ Yeshuwa as author and finisher of our faith.

I make bold this comment because when I was dating one of yours, I was made to understand the difference between You and US.

To everyone out there ignorant about such spiritually sensitive topic, I'd suggest you keep quiet, go study the Olumba people very closely ans study Christianity very closely, you'd understand we are very different and don't serve same God.

2 Corinthians 6 14-17
Here is what my Bible tells me
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty

KJV

8 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by BarrElChapo(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:

How do you mean? Would I be under any influence to date her even when I don't want?

After 7 pages on this thread you're still asking this question.. Its either you're fascinated and want to delve into the occult with church covering or you're gone. Whichever it is godspeed

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 19, 2020
melodyogonna:

What does it mean?
If U Break Her Heart & If She Reports U To Her Grandmaster. U Are Finished.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by BarrElChapo(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2020
Slurity:
You sound like you already prepared to dumb her already before even starting the relationship. Let me tell you the fact, your love for her should be your drive and get to understand that children of God are in all denominations of churches, what a celestial girl can do to you, a MFM and deeper life member can also do if with just one prayer point. Follow your mind of love and don't deliberately break anybody's heart. Go and fall in love my brother

I disagree totally sir. God is doesn't operate in that kind of way sir. It is aberration of God's ways.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Coollegend89(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2020
Don't start what you know you are not capable of finishing it. Check your capacity if you can handle whatsoever outcome, be it positive or Negative.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Chinny024(f): 7:33am On Nov 19, 2020
Kestolove:
Is she Igbo?
We don't have such Church in Igbo land... Nobody would even lease his land to them...when it comes to church, or religion. An average Igbo man is usually very very careful on what he would believe in or even the consequences later in life....
Ask others too!!!
Na Yoruba and South south people church!!!
Cherubim and some one room pentecostal never got a soft landing in Igbo land talk more of Brotherhood... Sounds like Ogboni to me!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady / Ex Boyfriend Problem. So Confused / Nairalanders Share Your Valentine Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.