Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? (57561 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? / Ghana Church Elder Found Dead In Guest House After Having Sex With A Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Gracefulness: 7:37am On Nov 19, 2020
empire02:
Is she not a human being like other girls??
What if shix the girl God has destined you to marry ? Or are you trying to say that no white garment member will make heaven'

My advice, go ahead.
that church operate like cult ooo if you say. go ahead hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Gracefulness: 7:43am On Nov 19, 2020
EBeThings:
I don’t know why people are always pessimistic about white garments churches.. Tell me any church that you won’t find bad people in their midst. It’s just unfortunate that people classify everyone under white garments as something else.. you blame the person not the belief of the church
my friend if it where just white garment no wahala but saying brother hood hmmm that s a cult oooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Africanamania: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2020
We move,divert Sharp Sharp,if not, na okporoko tying go be your portion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Successfulben: 7:53am On Nov 19, 2020
Chinny024:

We don't have such Church in Igbo land... Nobody would even lease his land to them...when it comes to church, or religion. An average Igbo man is usually very very careful on what he would believe in or even the consequences later in life....
Ask others too!!!
Na Yoruba and South south people church!!!
Cherubim and some one room pentecostal never got a soft landing in Igbo land talk more of Brotherhood... Sounds like Ogboni to me!!!
sharap your mouth. No be Igbo like money pass? Igbo man can do anything for the money.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Nembeboi: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2020
Diaris no harm at all in dating anyone from brotherhood. I was a member decades ago and dey aren't different from other denominations. Dey re actually better dan most denominations.
So u shouldn't ve any atom of fear. Just concentrate on de girl herself if she's good and not abt religion.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by lomprico(m): 8:02am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:
Please your advice is very important.

There's this girl I have been seeing on friendship level but presently there's urge to push it into relationship. From the look of things, I know she's already falling for me so the question whether she'll agree for me or not shouldn't even come in. However, I recently happened to know she's a member of brotherhood of the cross and star (the white garment and shoeless church) likewise her parents and other members of the family. Since I discovered this, I have been very sceptical about the whole thing.

Is it advisable to date such girl? What of in the event of breakup? Any physical or spiritual harm done to someone for being with such a person? Would I be coerced to convert to the beliefs (that is the last thing that will ever happen). Have you dated one before? How did it go?

is she not a human being again?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Brunosamel(m): 8:03am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:
Please your advice is very important.

There's this girl I have been seeing on friendship level but presently there's urge to push it into relationship. From the look of things, I know she's already falling for me so the question whether she'll agree for me or not shouldn't even come in. However, I recently happened to know she's a member of brotherhood of the cross and star (the white garment and shoeless church) likewise her parents and other members of the family. Since I discovered this, I have been very sceptical about the whole thing.

Is it advisable to date such girl? What of in the event of breakup? Any physical or spiritual harm done to someone for being with such a person? Would I be coerced to convert to the beliefs (that is the last thing that will ever happen). Have you dated one before? How did it go?

See brother am currently dating one she is one the sweetest girl I ever met, she has a good heart and Pray for me to succeed... She doesn't demand money from me and she loyal to the core... Her mom is aware we are dating and her brother too, they are so peaceful and quite... She love me to the core of her heart and always apologize and take corrections when ever she is wrong

I knew she goes to the church before we even started dating, I think she is my missing piece... I have been to all white garment church excluding hers, I asked her about her church and she told me what's in it that people are afraid of what they don't know as for me I don't believe anyone can hunt me spiritually as long as I have a pure heart and doesn't think bad of other...

This is the way a my friend brother missed the love of his life becuz of the girl goes to OOOBU CHURCH, another man married the girl and they travelled abroad in a short time and the guy is full of regrets laying blame on his parents for not allowing him to marry her... His is currently divorced right now

So my advice, you should know yourself and trust your gut one thing about me is that I also try what I don't understand so as to get gain an idea or knowledge about it... I'm only scared of the almighty and not any human
So don't let religion stop you from living your life and enjoying it cuz life is too short to be wasted....

I love my girlfriend cuz she loves me and understand me
She once told me I'm a star of which I know I am...
So bro enjoy the ride when you can and leave everything to the God almighty

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Realhommie(m): 8:03am On Nov 19, 2020
mamajaz:

I don't even understand the Obu in their slogan. Obu in Yoruba means saltless or devoid of sweetness.
OBU is the name of their founder, he's their god while the son is also seen as their Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by temiyato(m): 8:03am On Nov 19, 2020
I was a member of the church for many yrs. The only difference btw a tru christian church and brotherhood of the cross and star is that they believe that their leader olumba olumba obu is God , his son is jesus christ. ( he is refered to as king of kings and lord of lords ) and the daughter is holy mary. Serious blasphemy abi. Yea. Their members are awesome. Lovely pple and Accommodating . if u intend to marry her , u should sit back and make a good evaluation of ur christian faith. If she is willing to go ur way , fine. If not , its all in ur court

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by temiyato(m): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2020
Realhommie:
OBU is the name of their founder, he's their Jesus Christ.
Obu is not refered to as christ. He is refered to as God while the son , christ

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by heskeyw(m): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2020
Chinny024:

We don't have such Church in Igbo land... Nobody would even lease his land to them...when it comes to church, or religion. An average Igbo man is usually very very careful on what he would believe in or even the consequences later in life....
Ask others too!!!
Na Yoruba and South south people church!!!
Cherubim and some one room pentecostal never got a soft landing in Igbo land talk more of Brotherhood... Sounds like Ogboni to me!!!
Don't say wht you don't know. The church is at Onitsha. Along owerre road. I love at Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by temiyato(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2020
Gracefulness:
that church operate like cult ooo if you say. go ahead hmmmm
Pls dont say what u know nothing abut.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by sylve11: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2020
Ifork4money:
cheesy those bastards are powerless, i wll Bleep and refuck and dump her and nothing go happen. that is how them make noise till them carry a whole oba staff and them no fit knack the person thunder

Haha cheesy cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by temiyato(m): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2020
Spells:
does who have dated one aren't alive to tell the story
Say what u know bro.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Dosoq(f): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:
Who has dated one before? Give me full gist. I'm talking about first hand experience.

You're very funny,you want real life experience.
Do you know if the people that tried it lived to share their experience?

You better run for your life.

Olumba olumba is occultic.

RUN

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by lucky4west: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2020
wahala be like bicycle e no de hard to start, repent and seek Jesus u do not need any ungodly relationship, when it is time for marriage seek the face of God concerning a life partner not a "sinning" partner....psm 1:1 blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful (mockers) but his delight is the law of the Lord is God.....meditate on this bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Clinghton: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2020
Even ladies who are not members of any brotherhood organisation can hurt through the use of diabolical powers, I think you should concentrate more on her character and how influenced she is with her parents.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by sylve11: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2020
JoeEeL:
With my time on NL, I have observed questions like what the OP asked will later make him more confused than he initially was.

O da bo.

grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Nwaotu10(m): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2020
Olumba Olumba Obu.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Lifepodcastng: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2020
Now while I think this your story is beautiful, it’s totally without understanding of life is. Many people just like to think life is all they can see with the eye but when in truth, they cannot see the one thing that affect life; time. Knowledge is what sets us free from nonsense and destruction and not any of the things you’ve mentioned. He was nice and I get it that you were a child and didn’t know anything at that time but you should not think that way now. If he was any wise about life then he wouldn’t have been womanizing in the first place, if the church was a good church, then someone would have revealed the truth in womanizing to him. I know about that church, I know they condole womanizing, so I know why it should not be a problem to them. That is the major problem of this life in case you do not know. Infact the Bible says we should free from it, this is to tell you how dangerous it is. If you ever believed that GOD made them one man and one woman, then you should start to wonder why he made them one and one. Fornication and adultery is how we recognize foolish people, it’s the bedrock of foolishness and wisdom of men. Many satanic religions condole it, Infact its a ritual in many religions. If there’s any religion we see condoling it then we know they’re not of GOD. Do not always judge the book by it cover. You cannot tell where that man is with what you’ve seen. Apply knowledge to all things,

emkz:
There is nothing wrong in dating her. Let me share a story with you that totally changed my worldview about them.

We had a member who used to live in our house. He didn't eat meat. And when food is shared to him during Christmas, he'd reject the stew (principles). Once in a while, he used to host his church members and they used to sing and dance and eat. We used to stay away scared of ten, but they always seemed happy. He always had family members around living with him, and even trained an outsider who was rejected by his extended family. He trained another cousin of his. As kids, he always allowed us to come to his apartment to watch movies and would leave us there when he was going out. We knew where he kept his key incase someone came and needed a place to sleep.

Something happened and he started losing weight. There was rumour that he had HIV because he had a weakness for women. He spent sometime in the hospital until the hospital could not do anything for him again. He returned home emaciated and unable to care for himself. Everyone, including his family, abandoned him. His girlfriend whose siblings he catered for abandoned him. No one wanted to go near him, including those who he had helped. My younger sister was very angry when the people he had helped were no where to be found, and said she'd chase any family member that comes to his house to eat once he gets well. She was barely 12 when she said this.

Then his church stepped in. Everyday, different members would come to look after him and clean him, bathe him, cook for him and spend time with him. They later took him to the church. Our neighbours visited him there and narrated to us how much he was cared for. Parents did not prevent their children from going around him.

He died in the church under the care of his fellow church members, who became his family when he needed one. He was a dedicated member of the church and despite his weakness for women, he was a genuinely nice man. When I used to walk around without slippers, he gave me money to buy and told me not to tell my parents (my parents refused to buy me slippers after I had cut more than six pairs). He was not a rich man, but he was a nice man. I will never forget him.

Such people likely make heaven than others.

So forget about the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star (I still don't know anything about their belief system) and assess your partner on the basis of her persona. Then find out about the beliefs, convictions and doctrines of the Brotherhood of Cross and Star. Then you'd realize many of us criticize in ignorance.

Don't lose a beautiful thing for something as flimsy as religion. There is more I can share about another white garment church, but it is irrelevant to this discussion.

1ce Edited.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by melodyogonna(m): 8:31am On Nov 19, 2020
Truvel:
If U Break Her Heart & If She Reports U To Her Grandmaster. U Are Finished.
This mentality will finish you first before any grandmaster.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by salvation77177: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2020
I will advise you to Carry out research about the brotherhood before you commit yourself. Try to know what their doctrine and belief is, and see whether it's worth marrying from them. But remember you said ity the last thing on your mind to belong to such group for fellowship.
Beloved, be careful. Marriage is a one way thing.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Benda59: 8:32am On Nov 19, 2020
Pics from one of their processions definitely in Calabar bro, no level date the babe if you love her marry her self, this olumba people no get any level spiritually my dad was one of them for years nothing comot. NB I dey beat one olumba boy back then till now no level. Shm jor olumba ke ?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Thattallgirl(f): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2020
chukel:
* a hidden*
cheesy thanks! Wasn't sure if it was a or an
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Thattallgirl(f): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2020
ogbu80:
that's if you are still alive before it goes south grin
cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Cerebellum: 8:37am On Nov 19, 2020
BigBrother9ja:
The most stupîd comment of the year... You truly deserve an award?
Are you a christain at all? Who are you to Judge?
Is that what Christ taught you?
Stop been a fool
Any reasonable person knows am only catching cruise This post isn't even on Religion section,Bro Arindin!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Slurity(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2020
BarrElChapo:

I disagree totally sir. God is doesn't operate in that kind of way sir. It is aberration of God's ways.
Both me and you have a myopic knowledge of how God work and NOBODY can understand His ways. You don't need to agree with me. Did you know that God commanded a prophet to go and marry a harlot that is a public property and sinner? That should ring a bell in your sense

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by BigBrother9ja: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2020
Cerebellum:

Stop been a fool

Any reasonable person knows am only catching cruise
This post isn't even on Religion section,Bro
Arindin!
Illiteracy can make you catch "cruise" on sensitive matter...
By the way, stop BEING a fool...

Been and being doesn't have the same meaning.
@Bolded, that must be your mom's middle name?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Realhommie(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2020
temiyato:

Obu is not refered to as christ. He is refered to as God while the son , christ
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Realhommie(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2020
Lifepodcastng:
Now while I think this your story is beautiful, it’s totally without understanding of life is. Many people just like to think life is all they can see with the eye but when in truth, they cannot see the one thing that affect life; time. Knowledge is what sets us free from nonsense and destruction and not any of the things you’ve mentioned. He was nice and I get it that you were a child and didn’t know anything at that time but you should not think that way now. If he was any wise about life then he wouldn’t have been womanizing in the first place, if the church was a good church, then someone would have revealed the truth in womanizing to him. I know about that church, I know they condole womanizing, so I know why it should not be a problem to them. That is the major problem of this life in case you do not know. Infact the Bible says we should free from it, this is to tell you how dangerous it is. If you ever believed that GOD made them one man and one woman, then you should start to wonder why he made them one and one. Fornication and adultery is how we recognize foolish people, it’s the bedrock of foolishness and wisdom of men. Many satanic religions condole it, Infact its a ritual in many religions. If there’s any religion we see condoling it then we know they’re not of GOD. Do not always judge the book by it cover. You cannot tell where that man is with what you’ve seen. Apply knowledge to all things,

Insightful.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Cerebellum: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2020
BigBrother9ja:

Illiteracy can make you catch "cruise" on sensitive matter...
By the way, stop BEING a fool...

Been and being doesn't have the same meaning.
@Bolded, that must be your mom's middle name?

Do u know how awkward I see pple seeking for relationship advice here? so it my personality doing what I deem it fit to do...none of anyone's concern

Anyways, thanks for the correction
And finally you are still a fool
Viola!

modified: I find pple who come up to me abusing my parent or any other's...It's so bad..I'd implore you to stop it to avert future problems for you..Peace

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by nyiamfrank: 8:59am On Nov 19, 2020
Cerebellum:
It myt End in Premium Death grin
So you advise us to only date a girl who is a member of Sisterhood?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December / Few Weeks To Wedding....text Message Discovered. / See How This Guy Punished Lady That Refused To Give Him Her Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.