Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? (57560 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? / Ghana Church Elder Found Dead In Guest House After Having Sex With A Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by RealSolution001: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2020
emkz:
There is nothing wrong in dating her. Let me share a story with you that totally changed my worldview about them.

We had a member who used to live in our house. He didn't eat meat. And when food is shared to him during Christmas, he'd reject the stew (principles). Once in a while, he used to host his church members and they used to sing and dance and eat. We used to stay away scared of ten, but they always seemed happy. He always had family members around living with him and even trained an outsider who was rejected by his extended family. He trained another cousin. As kids, he always allowed us to come to his apartment to watch movies and would leave us there when he was going out. We knew where he kept his key incase someone came and needed a place to sleep.

Something happened and he started losing weight. There was rumour that he had HIV because he had a weakness for women. He spent sometime in the hospital until the hospital could not do anything for him again. He returned home emaciated and unable to care for himself. Everyone, including his family abandoned him his girlfriend whose siblings he catered for abandoned him. No one wanted to go near him, including those who he had helped. My younger sister was very angry when the people he had helped were no where to be found, and said she'd chase any family member that comes to his house to eat once he gets well. She was barely 12 when she said this.

Then his church stepped in. Everyday, different members would come to look after him and clean him, bathe him, cook for him and spend time with him. They later took him to the church. Our neighbours visited him there.

He died in the church under the care of his fellow church members. He was a dedicated member of the church and despite his weakness for women, he was a genuinely nice man. When I used to walk around without slippers, he gave me money to buy slippers and told me not to tell my parents (my parents refused to buy me slippers after I had cut more than six airs). He was not a rich man, but he was a nice man.

Such people likely make heaven than others.

So forget about the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star (I still don't know anything about their belief system) and assess your partner on the basis of her persona. Then find out about the beliefs, convictions and doctrines of the Brotherhood of Cross and Star. Then you'd realize many of us criticize in ignorance.

Don't lose a beautiful thing for something as flimsy as religion. There is more I can share about another white garment church, but it is irrelevant to this discussion.

Wow. Nice one. Thank you for sharing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by LikeAking: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
Go ahead nothing dey wrong.

Guy think like s man not s woman.

Wetin dey fear you?

The white men put all those fears in you, through their religion... Man up.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by nerdfrost(m): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2020
grin grin i came to laugh.....meanwhile check my signature
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Devynecheeh(m): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
I used to have a different mindset concerning white garment church until i attended the church becus of a family friend..
I can tell you everything u must have heard is overhyped...
And my best friend is also member..
They are just good at prophecy nd dnt overlook spiritual matters..
Nobody is plotting evil against anther person..

14 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Airtimex(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
They are humans. You can go ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by holicupp(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2020
rowland545:
Brozz is it not a church... I attend d church...and I can tell u ...its like other normal churches.

So if u love her go for her...don't let stereotype kill ur luck with a good woman.

That's my two cents

bro peace o

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by holicupp(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2020
Samfloxin:
Olumba Olumba be that oooo. Spirituality matters in marriage oo. No go marry person wey go dey do incantation in the name of prayer,make evil spirits no full your house.

be careful of ur utterances bro don't say what u don't know PEACE O.....

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Mywd: 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2020
emkz:
There is nothing wrong in dating her. Let me share a story with you that totally changed my worldview about them.

We had a member who used to live in our house. He didn't eat meat. And when food is shared to him during Christmas, he'd reject the stew (principles). Once in a while, he used to host his church members and they used to sing and dance and eat. We used to stay away scared of ten, but they always seemed happy. He always had family members around living with him, and even trained an outsider who was rejected by his extended family. He trained another cousin of his. As kids, he always allowed us to come to his apartment to watch movies and would leave us there when he was going out. We knew where he kept his key incase someone came and needed a place to sleep.

Something happened and he started losing weight. There was rumour that he had HIV because he had a weakness for women. He spent sometime in the hospital until the hospital could not do anything for him again. He returned home emaciated and unable to care for himself. Everyone, including his family, abandoned him. His girlfriend whose siblings he catered for abandoned him. No one wanted to go near him, including those who he had helped. My younger sister was very angry when the people he had helped were no where to be found, and said she'd chase any family member that comes to his house to eat once he gets well. She was barely 12 when she said this.

Then his church stepped in. Everyday, different members would come to look after him and clean him, bathe him, cook for him and spend time with him. They later took him to the church. Our neighbours visited him there and narrated to us how much he was cared for. Parents did not prevent their children from going around him.

He died in the church under the care of his fellow church members, who became his family when he needed one. He was a dedicated member of the church and despite his weakness for women, he was a genuinely nice man. When I used to walk around without slippers, he gave me money to buy and told me not to tell my parents (my parents refused to buy me slippers after I had cut more than six pairs). He was not a rich man, but he was a nice man. I will never forget him.

Such people likely make heaven than others.

So forget about the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star (I still don't know anything about their belief system) and assess your partner on the basis of her persona. Then find out about the beliefs, convictions and doctrines of the Brotherhood of Cross and Star. Then you'd realize many of us criticize in ignorance.

Don't lose a beautiful thing for something as flimsy as religion. There is more I can share about another white garment church, but it is irrelevant to this discussion.

1ce Edited.

So is it cancer or HIV that killed him... And what was the exact weakness for women that he has

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by emkz: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
Mywd:

So is it cancer or HIV that killed him... And what was the exact weakness for women that he has

He liked women coming to his house to cook for him, and they watched television afterwards. Then the women returned home.

PS: The man is late and I won't disrespect his memory further.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Mywd: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2020
emkz:

He liked women coming to his house to cook for him, and they watched television afterwards. Then the women return home.

He kind of had intimate relations with them obviously??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by rowland545(m): 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
holicupp:

bro peace o
peace of the father..

Wao..

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by PussyOdour(m): 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
BROTHERHOOD OF THE CROSS AND STAR, IS NOT AN EVIL CHURCH OR OCCULTIC ORGANIZATION AS MOST PEOPLE PAINT IT TO BE. FEAR BECAUSE YOU MAY END UP COMMITING SIN WITH HER, BECAUSE DATING THE GIRL, YOU MAY ENDUP HAVING PREMARITAL SEX WITH HER, DONT FEAR BECAUSE SHE'S A MEMBER OF BCS , BECAUSE THE CHURCH IS PURE AND HARMLESS

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by SyIvalord: 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
Mywd:

What kind of stupid question is this?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by SyIvalord: 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
emkz:

He liked women coming to his house to cook for him, and they watched television afterwards. Then the women return home.

You shouldn't have dignified that silly question with an answer.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Mywd: 4:13am On Nov 18, 2020
SyIvalord:
What kind of stupid question is this?

You said people were saying rumours... There is nothing to be upset abt Man!!.... If yed day yes and if NO say NO...... Stop sounding vague

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by johnhood(m): 4:57am On Nov 18, 2020
You mean sisterhood?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by johnhood(m): 5:02am On Nov 18, 2020
KinSlayer:
Don’t let stereotypes and stories from people stop you from missing out on a potentially good thing. Live without fear. The best person I have ever met in my life was a brotherhood boy that I bullied in secondary school. He paid my wickedness with kindness in spite of all my bullying, even to the extent of giving me his own biro in exam hall,(no, not a spare, the one he was writing with). I didn’t even realize how awesome this dude was at the time, I realized how emotionally far ahead of me he was on reminiscing. That boy changed my life outlook, and his parents,(both of them are brotherhood) did a damn fine job.
Which brotherhood?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by RealSolution001: 6:22am On Nov 18, 2020
johnhood:
Which brotherhood?
You have a different view about it entirely?
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by emkz: 9:30am On Nov 18, 2020
SyIvalord:
You shouldn't have dignified that silly question with an answer.

Well, I just didn't know how to address him. The first instinct would have been to bash him, but I remembered the man he was asking about showed aggression to no one.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by femi4: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2020
RealSolution001:
Please your advice is very important.

There's this girl I have been seeing on friendship level but presently there's urge to push it into relationship. From the look of things, I know she's already falling for me so the question whether she'll agree for me or not shouldn't even come in. However, I recently happened to know she's a member of brotherhood of the cross and star (the white garment and shoeless church) likewise her parents and other members of the family. Since I discovered this, I have been very sceptical about the whole thing.

Is it advisable to date such girl? What of in the event of breakup? Any physical or spiritual harm done to someone for being with such a person? Would I be coerced to convert to the beliefs (that is the last thing that will ever happen). Have you dated one before? How did it go?
Only if you're ready to join the brotherhood. The more the merrier
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by 1newnairalander: 10:00am On Nov 18, 2020
Don't try it grin grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by seniorgozman(m): 10:09am On Nov 18, 2020
Run for your life, it will end in pains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Quality20(m): 10:19am On Nov 18, 2020
D ones I know kind of like sex extremely, so I avoid talking with those girls cos they also talk in decently. I don't know if those olumba girls are taught to be sex freaks

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Dreadlock69(m): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2020
I'm a living witness
Them girls nah gamer awon white garment
Just Yash and go your own way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by bigjackass: 11:02am On Nov 18, 2020
LordIsaac:
OP, of the over 2billion + women on earth it is trouble you want to fall in love with... Ok o. That was how I was warned about someone attending one ordinary white garment church like that and I didn't listen... Until the trouble began; it was God himself that saved me.
she tried to kill you ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by tnerro1(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2020
What if they ask her to bring you for sarcrifice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by RealSolution001: 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
tnerro1:
What if they ask her to bring you for sarcrifice

Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Humanoid01(m): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
Having the spirit of God is immeasurably paramount.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Ifork4money: 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
cheesy those bastards are powerless, i wll Bleep and refuck and dump her and nothing go happen. that is how them make noise till them carry a whole oba staff and them no fit knack the person thunder

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by 12345baba(m): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
There babes dey sweet and very respectful

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by DropsMic(m): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Eriokanmi: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Keep Running Away From Me Even Though I'm Good-Looking? / Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December / Few Weeks To Wedding....text Message Discovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.