Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? (16059 Views)

The Cry Of A Heartbroken Nigerian Husband In Houston whose wife cheated / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / I Want To Divorce My Husband. Can I Get Married Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2007
I would like to know where 'fat' came into it though grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by nguage(m): 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2007
I'll tell u what, U sound like a racist the way u keep saying NGOZI. You act like marrying a Nigerian, is a disgraceful act
do you think many white ladies want to live by a different culture
. I am sorry for insulting u, I only did it because You insulted my country!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 09, 2007
n-guage:

I'll tell u what, You sound like a racist the way u keep saying NGOZI. You act like marrying a Nigerian, is a disgraceful

I think what she finds disgraceful is the role the Nigerians expect a woman (Ngozi) to play!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2007
n-guage:

I'll tell u what, You sound like a racist the way u keep saying NGOZI. You act like marrying a Nigerian, is a disgraceful act . I am sorry for insulting u, I only did it because You insulted my country!

thank you for appologizing. I think she actually acts as if marrying a Nigerian was doing us all a huge favor that we should all fall down on our knees and worship her for.

michelin89:

I think what she finds disgraceful is the role the Nigerians expect a woman (Ngozi) to play!

Which Nigerians are you talking about? Abeg if you have no clue what you are talking about dont just bleat!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by nguage(m): 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2007
Women are not treated better anywhere else. I know this b'cause I've been in britain and I live in the US. What does she want, she expects the man to breastfeed the baby, hunh?
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2007
davidylan:

Which Nigerians are you talking about? Abeg if you have no clue what you are talking about don't just bleat!

The one you and I know! If you don't agree with what I have written, keep on yarning.

David I have told you you'll never get me involved with you in a discussion! I don't deal with trouble-makers!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by nguage(m): 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2007
@michelin89,
why dont you tell us what roles u are talkin about.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2007
thank you all for your opinions I am very grateful (even though you may not think I am) I am very sorry if I came across as insulting Nigeria i have no reason to insult Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2007
n-guage:

@michelin89,
why don't you tell us what roles u are talkin about.

Read leilah's posts on this thread!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 12:06am On Jul 10, 2007
yes, thank you Michelin89
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by bluesky4(f): 12:06am On Jul 10, 2007
hey Leilah,

after reading this thread, i still think u r holding back the real reason why u want to divorce ur husband.
i sympathise with u that ur husband is lazy, u have a child, who is young so needs most of ur attention, you work a full time job, and do housework and cook. i admire the things our modern day woman has to go thru now.
All this nonsense that some of the guys are saying on this forum angers me. She did not say all nigerians were bad. Her Husband happens to be a nigerian, and this is a nigerian forum. Why does she have to be insulted becoz she is having doubts about her husband. Abag sharap coz not all nigerians are saints! (although most are grin)

i personally think u have some insecurity issues, ur husband is basically taking u for granted, and u may be wandering if a 'ngozi', as u put it, will take this shit from him, or can handle the shit he lays out.
U need to talk to ur husband, communication is the key. I know some naija men dont like to talk about their feelings, but please try and do it for ur sons sake. Tell him how u feel, he probably doesnt even realise ur having doubts about the marriage.

And lastly, stop comparin urself to Ngozi, he married u not a nigerian, doesnt this show that he loves u. U have to trust him, if u cant trust him, then the marriage is doomed.

Wat makes u think he married u for the papers, how long did u guys court for?
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by spoilt(f): 3:50am On Jul 10, 2007
@ leilah
no one hates you. i know that many white women who marry africans are eager to please and want to be accepted. i dont even know you but what i noticed was the incessant mention of the ngozis in your posts. it strikes me as odd that you would be so worried about other assumed nigerian rivals who would be glad to push you out and take your man. if i was married to a white man, no samantha, carla or tweetie would be able to make me so insecure. why would they do it i wonder? no one can put you down without your permission. get some self confidence. your man is all yours.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2007
Thank you very much spoilt and blue sky thats understanding mature advice.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2007
@bluesky we were together for a year and a half b4 we married although he didn't have papers when I married him. He had a student/study visa in which time spent here is not taken into consideration when it comes to citizenship. However, he waited that year and a half when he could have easily found someone else. Thankfully, he chose me and took me to Nigeria, he could have taken me anywhere to marry me I guess somewhere cheaper with less affort but I gotta be grateful in the sense that I was brought there. My lack of confidence makes me look ungrateful I guess.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by spoilt(f): 3:56am On Jul 11, 2007
now you are talking leilah! you knew he didnt have permanent residency 'papers' then. maybe thats why you are kind of skeptical about his motives.its understandable.many women have been used. if he leaves, its his loss. you've been the best wife you can be to him. sometimes we have to learn to celebrate freedom from a bad situation and move on.what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by honeric01(m): 6:20am On Jul 11, 2007
well God go help us all from the thinking by all whites that Africans that get to marry them do that before of papers, well maybe that true but what if the love comes in after both have met? what if he now loves you whole heartedly?
please we want to hear that you have spoken with him about this issues and we also need to know his response and see if this post have helped a bit in solving any of your problems, please do that
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by angel101(f): 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2007
n-guage:

Women are not treated better anywhere else. I know this b'cause I've been in britain and I live in the US. What does she want, she expects the man to breastfeed the baby, hunh?

Exactly.

As for those talking about papers. Na only Leila get the papers? I beg make we hear word. The paper self dey finish? so if she gives him it would reduce the one she has?

@ leila
pls if u are not sure of the man or all u can do is complain, leave him alone let him go and meet Ngozi! u sound like a broken record.
At first u said u were a housewife. Now u are a working mum spliting bills 50:50 ur story just doesnt add up!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by crazyp(f): 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2007
This post is really annoying me,
the babe is not being straight-forward at all,
abeg, if u want to divorce the man, go ahead
whats all these cock & bull story for, sighs & zooms away
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by nguage(m): 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2007
CONCLUSION
the guy is good. u are the one feeling insecure.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by spoilt(f): 3:39am On Jul 12, 2007
angel101:

Exactly.

As for those talking about papers. Na only Leila get the papers? I beg make we hear word. The paper self dey finish? so if she gives him it would reduce the one she has?

laugh no go kill person. i havent laughed this hard in a long time. true true paper no dey finish. it is eternal. grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by nguage(m): 4:10am On Jul 12, 2007
true true, this paper talk is driving me wild. I know this AA, she makes heR african husband do all sort of things. ALL BECAUSE OF PAPER!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by honeric01(m): 4:29am On Jul 12, 2007
how are you sure its not the opposite of what she is saying?
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by spoilt(f): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2007
n-guage:

true true, this paper talk is driving me wild. I know this AA, she makes heR african husband do all sort of things. ALL BECAUSE OF PAPER!

he who has the 'papers' dictates the tune. grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by ebos(m): 9:08am On Jul 12, 2007
I think by now, Leilah should be telling us, she has renounced her earlier decision to divorce her husband. If we cannot see this by her next post, she should leave us alone, then go ahead to divorce him.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by crazyp(f): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2007
exactly!!! lipsrsealed
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by honeric01(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2007
Please pals, is there no other matter to discuss in here? is there anyone thinking of divorcing her white husband in here? maybe because he sleeps with other women outside and sees nothing wrong in it, lets deliberate on such matters not on this baseless and rootless issue
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2007
You see men, I'm not seeking out a divorce but I think the expectations that some men have of their full time working, studying and mothering wife. What about taking your cup up tp the sink and LEAVING IT IN THE SINK. I am not asking him to cook but notbeing able to lift a cup thats just annoying that is. Not only that how about getting up in the mornings to find his empty beer cans on the floor. I do all the cooking and cleaning I expected some appreciation especially that I buy my own clothes!!! call me all the names you like. I would accept this if I was a housewife thats not working. I called myself a housewife becuase thats what I am also. A FULLTIME EMPLOYEE AND FULL TIME HOUSEWIFE. I just have to accept its always gonna be this way. See it how you like. Am I not supposed to get tired.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2007
Thank you all for your kind replies it has really helped. Basically there aint no point in me complaining. I have concluded that I love this person with all my heart (which I REALLY DO) I am not used to being a full time housewife and full time employee that does not get clothes bought for her cheesy

yes, ngozie this ngozie that I have wrecked everyones head but the reason why I said that word so many times is because they are the mules of the world, what man wouldn't want them eh?. Howver with all my empathy and understanding I will play a similar role with a view to making everything work.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by honeric01(m): 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2007
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by nguage(m): 12:16am On Jul 14, 2007
ur husband is really wrong. If he really leaves his spoon in the sink, and does not buy things for you ( even on valentines day).
Try to talk to him. If he doesn't change, divorce his blk ass
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by mamaput(f): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2007
Leilah women like you have a complex and do anything to keep a man
Women like you believe every bull story the man tells you.
A man that wants to live like a king should treat you like a Queen.
He should get you a househelp and spend money on you.
Even the Ngozis of this world have a bottom box were is yours.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2007
my dear

if you were an Ngozi in Nigeria, you would get a househelp(maid)
if you were an Ngozi in Nigeria , he would have to buy you clothes (inlaws won't let him be)
if you were an Ngozi in Nigeria, dang, you would not be splitting bills 50:50

Kia-Kia

Better become 'ngozi' o!!

this your Naija man is 'cheating' you of Nigerwives rights shocked

Abeg sista don't play oyinbo for too long o!

Don't you have a good relationship with his mama, tell her that her son is not looking after you well, all this work is just making you so tired blablablabla

Meeeeen, there is a way to rap Naija mothers , some of us need to teach you ke!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!my 11-year Old Niece Wants To Have S/E/X. / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.