Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? (16063 Views)

The Cry Of A Heartbroken Nigerian Husband In Houston whose wife cheated / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / I Want To Divorce My Husband. Can I Get Married Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by spoilt(f): 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2007
leilah all men leave their spoons and cups in the sink. we clean up after them. stop splitting hairs. i try not to be petty with my husband when he doesnt domestic stuff and that drives me crazy. angry

i just do them without complaining because i know he does a thousand other things and runs a billion other errands for me without complaining. honestly without complaining. so live and let live.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by FBS: 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2007
Leilah, why are u complicating issues for yourself, in a marriage, i don't believe the color of your skin or your country of origin matters, what matters is the two of u and your kid and if at all you love him and he loves you, you will make it work and that is when you can truly be called a woman. personally i think you are joking and I don't think you are irish. are u sure u not from kogi state ( just kidding and much love to my kogi people) wink
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by laudate: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2007
FBS:

personally i think you are joking and I don't think you are irish. are u sure u not from kogi state ( just kidding and much love to my kogi people) wink

Uh?? Wetin concern Kogi for inside this matter now? Abeg, make una no confuse me o!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by FBS: 9:54am On Jul 17, 2007
I was just joking, grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2007
wow thats an interesting perspective thanks you very much. Kogi, I have been there but really so I see were your coming from, I am irish. wink
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by FBS: 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2007
like I said you been irish shouldn't be the deciding factor, do everything to make your family work and God will be with you.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2007
you too, thank you very much.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by honeric01(m): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2007
still on this, ? well it's all good
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by smile76(f): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2007
its better to file for the divorce in ireland. you can file for divorce in the country you reside in regardless of where you got married.
seperation will be consented by the court, then its left for who filed the divorce to file for decree absolute, however this depends if there are children involved, who the children will be residing with during the seperation and divorce, visitation rights, financial settlements i.e, mortgages, savings, pensions,
all these have to be settled witha consent order being signed by each of you. the whole process depends on irish law, but n englan it takes about 4-6months if both parties agree amicable with all the decision with the court getting involved with all the settlements and kids stuff.

anymore info i can help with dont fail to ask

good luck.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2007
This issue has been resolved smile. He either helps me out a little or I will give up work and leave him with all the bills etc grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by mishoo(m): 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2007
Leilah:

This issue has been resolved smile. He either helps me out a little or I will give up work and leave him with all the bills etc grin

GOOD FOR YOU !!!
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Uche2nna(m): 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2007
Did I hear somebody say "Blackmail" grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Emad(f): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2007
i dont care whether or not the issue is recolved
I want you to Ask for a divorce
Who does he think he is angry angry nonsense ( lol grin)
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by boladonas(m): 12:51am On Feb 07, 2009
Simply return his bride price
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by SEgbo(f): 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2009
Leilah please stop embaressing yourself and all other fellow people in interacial relationships. All your posts in all different threads are about cultural differences and colour!!! Marriage is for life so surely you should have thought about all this before you said I do! If you are so convinced that he is going to leave you for someone else then why are you even consulting this board? If you spent as much time trying to talk to your husband as you do asking other people about it then I'm sure you would not have any problems. I'm sorry if he has only married you for his papers if that is the case but unless you have proof of this then what is the point in divorce! I am married to a Nigerian man and he is wonderful an I never have doubts about him leaving me for someone else - it is all about trust! How could you marry someone you can't trust?
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2009
i think you should pray for him.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by 2Legit: 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2009
this Leilah is mentalo woman
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by honeric01(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2009
Just tell him you have a confession to make, tell him that you tried to use his manhood to make money but failed!!!, that might help
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Emad(f): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
honeric01:

Just tell him you have a confession to make, tell him that you tried to use his manhood to make money but failed!!!, that might help

LMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by honeric01(m): 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
Emad:

LMAO grin grin grin grin

Abi do u have another suggestion? grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by spoony(f): 9:00am On Feb 10, 2009
2poster: I have read the whole tread and I'm not getting you at all. First you want to divorce him (thats the name of the whole topic) then you say you love him to death and you just want to 'learn' how to be 'more suitable' for him. At the same time you keep complaining about petty things. I know where your insecurities come from, I've been there myself, but you have to put yourself together and make up your mind, based on fact, not imaginations and frustrations and then act on it. Please don't paint his picture of useless, possibly used, probably understated and misunderstood white wife of black (nigerian) husband. Its not fair.
I wish you the best luck x
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by plappville(f): 11:14am On Feb 10, 2009
Dear Leilah, if u know ur man is hasn't treated u very bad to as beating u up,
or cheating on u, i see no reason why u should be talking about divorce,
Try to build ur home, a child is involve, dont only think for urself, ur husband need his son too and
ur son will be happy to grow up with his both parent, so please talk to ur husband what ever ur worries are, it's not a matter of been Ngozi or Khelechi
My uncle is married to a white woman too, they have kids, there is no Ngozi thing in his wife's head. always think possitive ok, all the best.

ur name sound's ARABIC, are u related? (Leilah)
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by kokorunna(m): 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2009
You stuck with him for good grin
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Leilah(f): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2009
hey this is an old thread andnow I have given up on the whole ngozie thing, after all he gets money towards the bills off me!! he shoudl be happy! and guess what he is!! so we will have to see!!

@plappville, I am half jordanian half irish
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by tolatolu(f): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2009
ok so you dont have what it takes to stay married to a fine a** Nigerian man, we get it, loose the sympathy patrol and divorce the man! Enough already, oh I'm sorry we must be on 'oprah' shocked
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by binahmad(m): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2009
tolatolu:

ok so you dont have what it takes to stay married to a fine a** Nigerian man, we get it, loose the sympathy patrol and divorce the man! Enough already, oh I'm sorry we must be on 'oprah' shocked

on 'oprah' as in,

undecided
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by tolatolu(f): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2009
on 'oprah' as in,

r u on this planet?
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by PokerFace(f): 1:33am On Jun 12, 2010
Divorce isn't an easy thang o. Goodluck sha
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Nkiru74: 5:52am On Sep 02, 2012
Leilah: thanks militia, I will certainly take on board your opinion. I will be patient, the yahoo man aint that much better but at least I can understand em. I have been to nigeria, I am very familliar with the culture and way of life. I used to be very interested in the culture more so before but when I realised how women are treated its a big turn off. However I will give him the benefit of the doubt but will not sign any papers no matter how saintly he may be.
Leila, I think you should still do his papers. Karma will catch up to him. That's just my opinion anyway.
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by sheniqua: 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
Memories
Where is Leilah
This was when nairaland was nairaland
Re: How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? by Kanwulia: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
MILITIA:

My dear take heart! We go thru the same things like you do! It is just that we have a different formula to solve our problems! Even if you are an "ngozie", you will still eat dust in a Nigerian man's hand. You just need to grow and assert yourself wisely! In as much as I encourge interracial "shagging", I do not encourage interratial marriages because of the high rate of failures related to "cultural differences"! So my dear reap the rewards of the Yahoo man being a good father and go find you a good husband!!!

Which patience and respect? We don reach police station sef! grin With serious documentation! Some don go jail sef go chop beans for about 24 hours! grin You wan try me? Please come to my house and see war at least every 6 months! It is not easy anywhere! We need refresher course on who is who in the house to maintain love and respect. Because we tend to forget who we are married to and take each other for granted! Patience and respect is a two way street oh! If you cannot get it there please check out as fast as you can! It does not get any better!

You go gal!
The good old days! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Help!my 11-year Old Niece Wants To Have S/E/X.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.