Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,580 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited (10887 Views)

Don’t Blackmail Us, Get To Work, PDP Tells Buhari / Don’t Blackmail Cpc And General Buhari / CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by hbrednic: 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
BURSTED, CPC CAUGHT PANT DOWN cheesy cheesy cheesy
STEALING TO WIN ELECTION,WHAT A SHAME angry
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by seedord247(m): 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2011
why are you Over reacting Mr kliffo or killipper when you know you are sweating in failure. Must you be thier derogatory of tout here on NL, Don't you get it? PDP has rule this country for 12 years now and nothing positive has happen and you're telling me that opportunist Like GEJ that does not believe he could be chairman of a local Govt will be the one to lead this country to the promise land we've been dreaming of!, I keep wondering where he get his Phd in zoo from. . . . .  . and he could not defend it. Bro, If you are giving a bag of or T.Shirt shoudn't mean you should loose yur senses.

Hope you keep dwelling in poverty if PDP could run this country for 8 years again.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by 080Nigeria(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2011
I admire the 'fight' for justice. I think it is very much in order that Bluelabs should resist the piracy of their idea. However, I also think that the present dimension of the fight does not preach the message of the song. It looks more like an attempt to gain popularity, money, smear someone else and smells of blackmail. If indeed Bluelabs indicated willingness to 'sell' their idea as CPC claims, why suddenly publish the 'Buhari Stole Our Idea' website?

Note that I'm not exonerating CPC. I'm just saying that Bluelabs has added an extra dimension to the fight that makes their motives questionable.

From the publicly available version of the Facebook story, the idea of Facebook was not even thought of by Mark Zuckerberg himself. But guess what? The original owners first made use of all proper channels and fought a good fight without discrediting Zuckerberg. That's 'transforming' warfare. You fight to win your case, not to destroy your enemy. They are two different things!

And just by the way, Buhari may be the flagbearer of the CPC, but he is not CPC. CPC is a different legal entity from Buhari. So, claiming that Buhari (who is not even the Chairman of the party) 'stole' the idea when nothing can traced to him as a person is actually slander.

I'm not a lawyer but as a layman, this is what I see: it's wrong to claim that Buhari stole your idea if the idea was on YouTube (a place for supposedly copyright-free videos). It's more appropriate to say that the person who uploaded it on YouTube originally violated the copyright. It becomes a crime for the CPC campaign team if they are officially informed of the violation and they refuse to take action within a reasonable time frame. Let me give you a good example: Nairaland is a forum where people post all kinds of things. Some of these things are copyrighted- newspaper extracts, intellectual property, Does Seun become a criminal by giving such 'news' publicity (linking it from the homepage)? In a sense, by so doing, he has endorsed it! But it would become criminal of him if the copyright owners complain and he doesn't do anything about it within a reasonable time frame. So, it's easy to blame Buhari. But before we do that, we should blame Seun and everyone who has ever posted any copyrighted content on Nairaland. We should probably even be closing down Nairaland by now smiley
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by ziccoit: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
I don't know why this thread should come from Seun? Freedom of speech and expression you said? It even hits front-page twice in the name of defending indefensible. This is a country where a liar thinks he is saying the truth when he actually knows he is feeding people with lies. You don't start what you can't finish.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by cold(m): 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2011
I think Seun has tried as much as he can to keep the arguments balanced.We have pro-Buhari & pro GEJ arguments on the frontpage.So let's leave Seun out of this & tackle the issues there in.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Guidedee(m): 11:52pm On Apr 01, 2011
080Nigeria:

I admire the 'fight' for justice. I think it is very much in order that Bluelabs should resist the piracy of their idea. However, I also think that the present dimension of the fight does not preach the message of the song. It looks more like an attempt to gain popularity, money, smear someone else and smells of blackmail. If indeed Bluelabs indicated willingness to 'sell' their idea as CPC claims, why suddenly publish the 'Buhari Stole Our Idea' website?

Note that I'm not exonerating CPC. I'm just saying that Bluelabs has added an extra dimension to the fight that makes their motives questionable.

From the publicly available version of the Facebook story, the idea of Facebook was not even thought of by Mark Zuckerberg himself. But guess what? The original owners first made use of all proper channels and fought a good fight without discrediting Zuckerberg. That's 'transforming' warfare. You fight to win your case, not to destroy your enemy. They are two different things!

And just by the way, Buhari may be the flagbearer of the CPC, but he is not CPC. CPC is a different legal entity from Buhari. So, claiming that Buhari (who is not even the Chairman of the party) 'stole' the idea when nothing can traced to him as a person is actually slander.

I'm not a lawyer but as a layman, this is what I see: it's wrong to claim that Buhari stole your idea if the idea was on YouTube (a place for supposedly copyright-free videos). It's more appropriate to say that the person who uploaded it on YouTube originally violated the copyright. It becomes a crime for the CPC campaign team if they are officially informed of the violation and they refuse to take action within a reasonable time frame. Let me give you a good example: Nairaland is a forum where people post all kinds of things. Some of these things are copyrighted- newspaper extracts, intellectual property, Does Seun become a criminal by giving such 'news' publicity (linking it from the homepage)? In a sense, by so doing, he has endorsed it! But it would become criminal of him if the copyright owners complain and he doesn't do anything about it within a reasonable time frame. So, it's easy to blame Buhari. But before we do that, we should blame Seun and everyone who has ever posted any copyrighted content on Nairaland. We should probably even be closing down Nairaland by now smiley
May the Almighty God bless you for this post. Amen
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by 080Nigeria(m): 11:58pm On Apr 01, 2011
080Nigeria:

I'm not a lawyer but as a layman, this is what I see: it's wrong to claim that Buhari stole your idea if the idea was on YouTube (a place for supposedly copyright-free videos). It's more appropriate to say that the person who uploaded it on YouTube originally violated the copyright. It becomes a crime for the CPC campaign team if they are officially informed of the violation and they refuse to take action within a reasonable time frame. Let me give you a good example: Nairaland is a forum where people post all kinds of things. Some of these things are copyrighted- newspaper extracts, intellectual property,  Does Seun become a criminal by giving such 'news' publicity (linking it from the homepage)? In a sense, by so doing, he has endorsed it! But it would become criminal of him if the copyright owners complain and he doesn't do anything about it within a reasonable time frame. So, it's easy to blame Buhari. But before we do that, we should blame Seun and everyone who has ever posted any copyrighted content on Nairaland. We should probably even be closing down Nairaland by now smiley

I guess what I'm trying to say to Bluelabs is: fight it out if you feel cheated but don't turn it into a smear campaign. Even on the battle field, there are rules of war which are observed by soldiers with integrity. And my Nairaland example is simply to illustrate that most of us who are making all the noise now are just as guilty as the CPC is in this case. That doesn't make it right. But it provides some perspective for our judgement and criticisms. So, before you cast a stone . . .
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by dapachez: 12:02am On Apr 02, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dwhat the hell is all this noise from this PDP apologist when El dee came out and said the Goodluck campaign stole their concept where were you guys you all ran for cover,he even issued a statement and none of you could defend Goodluck and now this bluelabs that aint got nothing on Buhari are ranting and you are all dancing and posting like kokolets
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by onyengbu: 12:10am On Apr 02, 2011
Call it CPC or call it Buhari, fact is they do steal.
Problem is, they dont even know when they steal.
If not tell me what explains buhari exonerating Abacha of EVER looting.
Isnt that a collective insult on nigerians?

Abeg bluelabs should make as much noise as possible now that election is days away; maybe that will be all it takes for buhari to pay them.
Blackmail ko, blackemail ni.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Guidedee(m): 12:12am On Apr 02, 2011
Buhari's enemies and their evil agent, bluelabs have no fear of God at all. Remember the day you will be put inside the grave, the money you gave or collected to blackmail other people will not be able to save you. May God never forgive you for this one. May your conscience torment you till you die. Amen.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 02, 2011
ok. Buhari na so bah? Na so we go dey dey? En? To dey thief song? Its a shame.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by onyengbu: 12:18am On Apr 02, 2011
^^^ Ol boy no get heart attack oo.
Your ayatollah might die b4 bluelabs guys if ur prayer should apply in every context of it as it concerns buhari.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 02, 2011
u neva win election, u don dey steal. Haba. Aniway wat do u expect 4rm a man hu cals abacha a saint!
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by TexMex: 12:21am On Apr 02, 2011
As someone that believes so much in intellectual property rights, I 'm really dismayed the way BB backers are making it sound like this is a non-issue. If this had happened in advanced economies in an election race that is this close, it would be a major news-story that's capable of changing the stakes. CNN, FOX (and other major networks) would have laid into it (depending on which side they are on).

I first came across the campaign clip on Facebook. I considered it too long to be a real campaign clip (campaign adverts are usually short in order to fit a time segment). It was later I got to read the words on Nairaland and Honeric01, Aisha2 and several other BB backers said the words of the song moved them to tears. Someone even suggested it should be the nation's anthem. Note this: they commended the song, not the pictures the CPC mounted on it. At the end of the clip, CPC never issued a disclaimer that the song doesn't belong to them, neither did they attribute it to the CPC volunteer who supposedly gave them the right to use it. In this campaign environment where every fairly good thing is ascribed to BUHARI (no matter other people's contributions), it is safe to presume the song too would be ascribed to BUHARI. Many maybe voting for him on account of a song, that is now found not to be a product of his campaign.

Many too have commended the CPC manifesto. How would those people feel if someone were to come out with proofs that the words of the manifesto were his? SUrely, they would feel they have been had. And that's how every self respecting person should feel in respect of stolen intellectual property. BUHARI and the CPC establishment were passing off. The song elevated their campaign, and made them feel more intelligent than they are. They should just have issued a legal statement to clear up the whole thing, and stop resorting to arm-twisting tactics.

And what's all this talk about Bluelabs doing this for monetary gains. They are a registered profit-oriented company. They don't sell physical commodities like cement, but direct products of their intellect. So they have the right to make the maximum capital from this song that is a hit. They may have had several duds previously. No one should begrudge them. It's just like a father that has several kids, he will rejoice when one becomes a celebrity.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Apr 02, 2011
^^^ You probably missed the part where it has also been made public that the AD was not put together, and uploaded by CPC, But a CPC fan (who does not represent CPC)--- and CPC is itself not using the AD as we speak for any official campaigning.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by onyengbu: 12:33am On Apr 02, 2011
No mind them, they want a profit orientated firm whose property u stole to 'understand' and keep quiet because election is close.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by onyengbu: 12:39am On Apr 02, 2011
@ kobo,
pardon me but i thought the song is on their facebook page.
Maybe im wrong sha but if it is there, then what are u saying.
Whoever uploaded it is irrelevant.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kobojunkie: 12:43am On Apr 02, 2011
^^^ If you follow the updates, you will see that even though they have been able to remove it from their facebook, they can't also remove it from Youtube since the CPC does not have access to the accounts on facebook where the AD resides. This one, supposedly, don reach Youtube levels, and according to youtube . . .

[size=13pt]by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service.[/size]
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by TexMex: 12:45am On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ You probably missed the part where it has also been made public that the AD was not put together, and uploaded  by CPC, But a CPC fan (who does not represent CPC)--- and CPC is itself not using the AD as we speak for any official campaigning.

No sir/ma. That was not the way it was presented. It was made to look like PDP and Goodluck banned the ad from National TV. That headline was what was used to promote it on Facebook. And it was what attracted me to the advert in the first place. That showed it had official CPC backing. I was expecting a short clip, and didn't have 4.27mins to spare on it. I was later to come across it on Nairaland been promoted by BB backers as a strong BB theme song. Surely, the most decent thing to do was for the promoters to now come back and say: "Sorry, we didn't have the right to that song. We were deceived by an overzealous volunteer". These things happen, but it is the stuff of great leaders to say "Sorry, we were wrong". Simple!

No one's incapable of making mistakes or been deceived. It would just show that the BB team can rise above issues that are capable of impacting their objectives.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Apr 02, 2011
TexMex:

No sir/ma. That was not the way it was presented. It was made to look like PDP and Goodluck banned the ad from National TV. That headline was what was used to promote it on Facebook. And it was what attracted me to the advert in the first place. That showed it had official CPC backing. I was expecting a short clip, and didn't have 4.27mins to spare on it. I was later to come across it on Nairaland been promoted by BB backers as a strong BB theme song. Surely, the most decent thing to do was for the promoters to now come back and say: "Sorry, we didn't have the right to that song. We were deceived by an overzealous volunteer". These things happen, but it is the stuff of great leaders to say "Sorry, we were wrong". Simple!

No one's incapable of making mistakes or been deceived. It would just show that the BB team can rise above issues that are capable of impacting their objectives.

Who told you that is the same AD?  I mean how did you connect this particular AD to the AD that was supposedly refused airing on NTA? I ask because there was never a connection made between the 4.28 minute long Youtube Upload to the NTA AD that was refused airing on TV. Well, until you, that is! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by efisher(m): 12:48am On Apr 02, 2011
What goes around comes around.

[size=14pt]Buhari fought against freedom of speech and persecuted innocent journalists. Today the media works against him.[/size]
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kobojunkie: 12:56am On Apr 02, 2011
TexMex:

Also, if you really believe what you have above, then you ought to see that the BB team done a bit to rectify the situation . . . You shouting they are incapable when they took the AD down within 48hours, as requested by the BlueLabs team makes me wonder if you even believe your own words.

Is this not the same sound??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPcGT5qwc2k&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIpwpWcKVj0&feature=related
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by blackis(m): 1:03am On Apr 02, 2011
It is quite interesting the level of engagement that this topic has generated and countless others too for that matter on NL and how passionate people can be when expressing their opinions. However, I am hopeful that a day is coming where the freedom of expression that we enjoy as Nigerians using the available social media platforms would be used to promote intelligent discourse and exchange such that contributions would not be made passively as is the case often times but thoroughly researched facts 'thrown up' for the education and objective critique of NL users.

As for the case in question, I believe youtube would've suspended the use of the said material on its platform if contacted with adequate proof of ownership by the material owners and if they (the material owners) can show that the continued broadcast of the said material placed by a youtube user in the form, manner, length and for the purpose blah blah blah infringes on their right as the copyright owners and therefore violates one or two or maybe three or more copyright/intellectual property laws.

This is my submission sha ooh! Whether this was done, we never know oh!!  grin

And by the way, I think the CPC representative would have done a great job in its response by toning down its rhetoric a little bit no matter how hard Bluelabs may have come hitting! Its called 'word management'.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by onyengbu: 1:03am On Apr 02, 2011
Taking it down and thereafter citing youtube TOS while claiming that bluelabs agreed to sell it to u you doesnt mix at all.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by TexMex: 1:09am On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Who told you that is the same AD?  I mean how did you connect this particular AD to the AD that was supposedly refused airing on NTA?   I ask because there was never a connection made between the 4.28 minute long Youtube Upload to the NTA AD that was refused airing on TV. Well, until you, that is! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

It is the same ad. I have a number of CPC Volunteers on my Facebook friend's list (including the head huncho).  Just checked, and the ad has been flagged. So it's the same advert.

Kobojunkie:

Also, if you really believe what you have above, then you ought to see that the BB team done a bit to rectify the situation . . . You shouting they are incapable when they took the AD down within 48hours, as requested by the BlueLabs team makes me wonder if you even believe your own words.

Is this not the same sound??

You 're making things up here. My grouse is with the BB Backers (and the CPC) who feel this is a non-issue and they can best handle it by shouting down the rights owners. I tried to say that is a wrong way to go about it, and in other climes it can be potentially damaging.

CPC pulling the ad doesn't mean they shouldn't admit wrongdoing and pay restitution. It's just like when you mistakenly appropriate another man's money. You don't just return it. The courts will also ask you to pay interest on the funds for the period it was used. Messrs Bluelabs have the right to sell the rights to whoever they please, and I will even say it's bad business for them not to have sold it to CPC. But that's me.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by ektbear: 1:19am On Apr 02, 2011
419Labs Limited
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kobojunkie: 1:19am On Apr 02, 2011
TexMex:

It is the same ad. I have a number of CPC Volunteers on my Facebook friend's list (including the head huncho).  Just checked, and the ad has been flagged. So it's the same advert.

I wish that was enough to convince me that it is the same AD but no, I am not convinced. Do you have any other, more solid evidence linking this AD to the NTA-rejection?
TexMex:

You 're making things up here. My grouse is with the BB Backers (and the CPC) who feel this is a non-issue and they can best handle it by shouting down the rights owners. I tried to say that is a wrong way to go about it, and in other climes it can be potentially damaging.

I didn't make a single thing up there. Your grouse SHOULD NOT, I repeat, SHOULD NOT be with BB supporters, IF YOU ARE TRULY CONCERNED for BLUELABS here.

Stating you have a right to something also means you provide proof of it. I have been through the one thread on this and it seems the same song has already been used in so many other campaigns, many of them currently on Youtube as we speak, and I believe another site . . .

http://www.transformationng.com/

This is the same song already in two other videos on youtube

I get that Bluelabs probably owns the right to the song, even though I have no way of verifying this claim, but it should have pursued this the right way rather than attacking the CPC group and trying to tag them thieves, even after it has been made known that the Video in questions WAS NOT Created by CPC officially but by a CPC fan.

According to Bluelabs, they noticed this on March 28th, informed CPC and gave them 48 hours to take the AD down from their site. CPC complied, again, according to what I have read on the follow up from the BlueLabs end, but the BlueLabs site,which went up yesterday, has it on there that the Group, CPC stole the AD, and other stuff on how Buhari is not to be trusted as a result.
http://buharistoleouridea.com/

Why is that website, which was only registered yesterday still up? I mean why the message on the site if this is about infringment and not some political jab they are going for?

I don't now have all the details as it is clear this is just unfolding but so far I get that both sides have confirmed that a third party was responsible for the making of the video, but why the continued attacks is what I don't get.

TexMex:
CPC pulling the ad doesn't mean they shouldn't admit wrongdoing and pay restitution. It's just like when you mistakenly appropriate another man's money. You don't just return it. The courts will also ask you to pay interest on the funds for the period it was used. Messrs Bluelabs have the right to sell the rights to whoever they please, and I will even say it's bad business for them not to have sold it to CPC. But that's me.

Pay restitution for? I don't get it!

Another man's money? What are you going on about now? WHAT? If BlueLabs is looking for someone to charge, it probably makes more sense to charge the person who actually used the song to create a video, not the persons whose site the video was posted on . . . certainly not youtube. lol
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by tosinaded(m): 1:20am On Apr 02, 2011
Did BB steal ballot boxes and votes? Abi wuts all the foul cry about?

@bluelabs
if ur idea was stolen,go to court. . .
Y drag the presidential aspirant into a party thing?
Now its looking like ure after buhari's presidential ambition and not after ur so called idea!
If bluelabs was a political party, i 4 undastand the political twist and blackmail brought into the whole issue. .
Ure a company, cpc used ur stuff. . Y is the name of ur site #buharistoleouridea? Buhari is not CPC, and unless u re been used by another party to blackmail buhari, then i see no reason 4 trying to pull down the ambition of the man. . .

@CPC
no need cryn blue murder now. . . .
No1 wld blackmail u,if u avnt previously left a loophole in ur camp.
Ure paying for ur negligence on the part of ur campaign team!
U need to understand politics and its dirty rules. . . PDP can buy anybody and use them! Urs is to do ur home work perfectly, unfortunately u clearly avnt done it well. .

In the end, PDP wil buy their way to power! First the Eldee concept was hijacked by them tru Dbanj, now the bluelabs/CPC saga has been bought over. . . Now it is buharistoleouridea!
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by passyjango(m): 1:28am On Apr 02, 2011
TexMex:

Who is talking about restitution? For all we know these guys have already been paid for the job they have done so far. If they wanted redress, there was no need to open a smear website and claim that their idea was stolen. The aim is to discredit Buhari and nothing more. The way this case is going Bluelabs may end up paying Buhari damages, but by then the deed must have been done. I sincerely hope they collected enough money from whoever is giving them morale.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Beaf: 3:30am On Apr 02, 2011
Plagiarism!

. . .And CPC bought itself a sh.it fountain!

Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 3:31am On Apr 02, 2011
TexMex:

You claimed you've been following this news yet you failed woefully to grasp what's on ground. No Party will pay for a full 4minuts and 20 Seconds jingle for an election besides the PDP. In a nutshell it is not the jingle (or ad as you put it) that NTA refused to air for CPC. Meanwhile NTA is has already been airing the same jingle they refused even before this bluelabs blackmail came to the open.

Here you go again claiming other climes. How many MJ's songs have been remixed and re-used on YouTube and how many of such songs do have turned out to be court cases of IP right infringement. Even after reading YouTube's disclaimer stating clearly that any video loaded automatically loses it's IP rights, you are still insising someone has wronged the bluelabalaba guys. Upto this very moment as we speak there are still 2 other versions of the same 4 minute long song on YouTube, why haven't the bluelabs guys asked YouTube to shut those versions down if they really own the song?

Are you kidding me? Which other man's money has been appropriated? Let me make the YouTube disclaimer English grammar easy for you and your likes to understand. In lay man's term, YouTube simply says if you or anybody else upload a song/soundtrack on YouTube, you lose every single right to that song. Hence if Mr. Johndoe downloads the song from YouTube and modifies it, and then re-uploads it back on YouTube, there is no case against anyone. It is also public knowledge that if you have grievances you can seek a redress with YouTube and the song/soundtrack will be taken off you tube pages. Below are still the other versions on YouTube.

[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPcGT5qwc2k?version=3[/flash]

[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIpwpWcKVj0?version=3[/flash]

I suppose Bluelabs can now come and sue me for uploading these 2 different versions here.

Bluelabs conduct has at best earned them bad publicity for 24 hours and it is nothingbut cheap blackmail which would fall flatly in any law court. As a matter of fact, I'll advice the BB team to sue Bluelabs for libel. Hopefully that will keep bluelabs out of business forever and teach other cheap blackmailers some important lessons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 PDP Lawmakers Defect To APC In Kogi / ISWAP Kills 11 Farmers In Borno / BREAKING NEWS: PDP Wins Kaduna State With 3,658 Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.