Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited (10886 Views)

Don’t Blackmail Us, Get To Work, PDP Tells Buhari / Don’t Blackmail Cpc And General Buhari / CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by danjohn: 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
Below is the official response of CPC to Bluelabs Limited.

Don’t Blackmail CPC and General Buhari

We consider it a privilege to document our thoughts on this distraction attempt by so called youths and their childish attempts at blackmail.

The logo of the CPC is a pen and a flag, it means the party is keen on knowledge, deeply patriotic and eager to re-write Nigeria’s history. We are amazed that digital youths can be so uninformed about the social media we have all come to taut ourselves as experts on.

There are a few documents on this that state actual facts about how this is a cheap blackmail attempt. Some of the documents will be held until further evidence is required.

1. We have documents showing the letters received by CPC officials from third party individuals, the date it got to CPC officials and required time for response. These documents show that we communicated with them within their time frame.

2. We have records of email from Femi Odewumi, MD of Bluelabs LLC indicating their intention to sell the “project” to CPC.

3. We have records of our phone conversations with the MD of Bluelabs LLC, Femi Odewumi where we requested a meeting to make available to him the facts about this case that they have not put into consideration. We also have a record of his return call indicating that his team is meeting in the afternoon and he will get back to us. All these conversations happened hours before launching their malicious website and Femi Odewunmi has not called back.

4. We have records of the the source of the YouTube video, an individual (a fan of the Buhari/Bakare 2011 Campaign) who made it and the various people who have uploaded other videos using the same soundtrack. This YouTube video was a user generated content offered to Buhari4Change Fanpage publicly on Facebook with permissions for use.

5. We have screen shots backing up every detail, some of which are already being adjusted by the people perpetrating this ill.
While neither CPC nor any of it’s officials own, designed or developed the YouTube video montage in question, please find below the terms and conditions of Youtube. This “Transformation soundtrack” has been used to create videos and uploaded to YouTube since, the Jan 30, 2011 (or earlier). YouTube’s Terms of Service about video uploaded to their website states:

by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service.

– Excerpts from YouTube Terms of Service.
If you feel strongly that the people who initially uploaded your music have violated your rights. There is a process with YouTube to notify them before it becomes viral.

It is a big shame, that opposition politicians can go to any length to corrupt the youth of a nation, at this time, when we are battling for the nations soul.

CPC and Buhari-Bakare have become a growing movement in Nigeria, social media and user generated content are an integral part of ensuring information dissemination beyond government controlled media. While CPC and General Buhari will not infringe on people’s intellectual property, WE WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO BLACKMAIL.

http://buhari4change.com/?page_id=1771
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by ektbear: 1:30pm On Apr 01, 2011
So hold on a second. This is just a youtube video uploaded by fans of BB. Not anyone within the party itself. Now, rather than:

A) Asking the fan to remove the video
B) Asking Youtube to remove the video, something they do very quickly when alerted of copyright violation

Bluelabs tried to blackmail the CPC So my question is. . . when did the CPC become the majority shareholder of Youtube?

Why not talk directly with Youtube to address the copyright violation? Or even better, talk to the fan who made the video first!

What kind of 419 scamming and dishonesty is this that Bluelabs is doing  undecided

Very shameful.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by fatherab1: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
[size=50pt]SEUN, HOPE YOU ARE NOT TOO BUSY TO SEE THIS RESPONSE[/size]
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Beaf1: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2011
Dear Oga Seun,

Please we would like to see the topic on the front page as well.

Thank you.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by ektbear: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2011
bump
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kilode1: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2011
When will this get to the front page? It's only fair.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by danjohn: 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
Kilode?!:

When will this get to the front page? It's only fair.

I concur
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by ektbear: 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2011
The 5th of No-never.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2011
If Seun can allow the blackmail to fill the front page of NL, I also agree with y'all that this rebuttal gets a place on the front page as well.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Genbuhari3: 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2011
Men,

the anti-Buhari desperation is really becoming ridiculous!

I have spent the past one hour exchanging text messages with the so called Bluelabs and I can say they are disgruntled elements!

This is insane, and I cant wait for this election to be over, with BB as the winner of course.

But the BB volunteer group have done well and we must stand with the volunteer of this video. we will not leave our own.

Men I can't wait for next week to come and go. i have campaigned, won over a 100 votes and when i even want to stop campaigning, i realize myself talking for an hour when there is a new prospect to be won to the bb ticket
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by danjohn: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2011
Genbuhari3:

Men,

the anti-Buhari desperation is really becoming ridiculous!

I have spent the past one hour exchanging text messages with the so called Bluelabs and I can say they are disgruntled elements!

This is insane, and I cant wait for this election to be over, with BB as the winner of course.

But the BB volunteer group have done well and we must stand with the volunteer of this video. we will not leave our own.

Men I can't wait for next week to come and go. i have campaigned, won over a 100 votes and when i even want to stop campaigning, i realize myself talking for an hour when there is a new prospect to be won to the bb ticket

May God bless you.  I do not understand why Nigerians still acquiesce to the brutality of the PDP.  Please continue to spread the word.  Nigeria is worth fighting for.  Buhari/Bakare 2011
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by EzeUche(m): 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2011
You all need to stop whining. Buhari is only going to win states in the North. Stop acting like he has widespread support in the South.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Blazing99: 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2011
EzeUche:

You all need to stop whining. Buhari is only going to win states in the North. Stop acting like he has widespread support in the South.

Only South-East and South-South fully supports Jonathan. North Western votes beats the votes of those regions merged together.

Sai Buhari, with faith. We can change Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by ektbear: 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
Still not on the front page.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Genbuhari3: 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2011
ezeuche, i am happy you said Buhari is going to win in the north. and this is the tipping point

win average of 80% in North east and north west, have an average of 40 percent in the north central (niger and nassaraw providing a block votes to Buhari), and get an average of 25% in 5 south west states. and the rest is victory

stop GEJ from getting 25% in North east and north west (if the south south and south  (16million votes) will vote enblock for GEJ, nothing wrong in North east and north west (29.8 million votes) voting for buhari, especially with the pro-north zoning sentiments still high among even PDP members in that area)

with this, the best Jonathan and the PDP gang will get is a run-off, and then the rest is victory.

The battle is in the south west and ACN factor, Egba factor of Bakare will split the vote here. so you see, PDP is not the front runner in this election except they rig!
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Pataki: 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2011
Don't count your fingers because this thread will NEVER come on the front page.

Take a cursory look at any Buhari's topic that hits the front page. It is either an anti-Buhari topic or the topic is been questioned as likely untrue.

How a purported website was created just yesterday night to denigrate the person of Buhari, and in the morning becomes a front page topic on Nairaland is never beyond belief for me!

So just forget about this rebuttal hitting the front page of Nairaland.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by dustydee: 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2011
EzeUche:

and GEJ will only win in states in the south.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by fxtopedia(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2011
UP BUHARI-BAKARE[b][/b]
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
You can quote my comment whenever it "disappears from HP"

At least any news that makes HP, the rejoinder should also do
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by congoshine(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2011
? undecided

Someone should take the pains to give a background to this story,please. . .
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by OAM4J: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2011
Congoshine read this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-636169.0.html

Finally made the home page. Thanks Mukina2/seun
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
We need to look at the Seun himself and judge him by his action. The rebuttal needs to be on the front page too.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Pataki: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
The voice of reasoning has prevailed. shocked lipsrsealed

Nairaland must be changing! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by naso2(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2011

31st March 2001 - (AM) We noted that CPC deleted the material from their official e-channels (facebook, website, twitter). This was done without notice to Bluelabs as was in accordance with the letters prepared by our lawyers and is viewed as an attempt to dispose of evidence.

Una no get shame walahi. Seee people wey go fight corruption.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by smile11s(m): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2011
Bla bla bla, if buhari wins, i will hang myself
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
31st March 2001 - (AM) We noted that CPC deleted the material from their official e-channels (facebook, website, twitter). This was done without notice to Bluelabs as was in accordance with the letters prepared by our lawyers and is viewed as an attempt to dispose of evidence.

Weird . . . so the BlueLabs site itself was registered yesterday, same day the Buhari group probably got the supporter to take the ads down . . . . lol . . . what a coincidence
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kilode1: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
This topic on the home page should've been titled "An attempt to Blackmail CPC and Buhari" or just retain the original title :

Don't Blackmail CPC and Buhari - CPC

I'm not satisfied and I'm ready to hug transformer tongue
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by naso2(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2011

Weird . . . so the BlueLabs site itself was registered yesterday, same day the Buhari group probably got the supporter to take the ads down . . . . lol . . . what a coincidence

What do you mean by this abeg? you seem to be privy to some info not in public domain at the moment.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by emekaD3(m): 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
That someone uploads his video to youtube doesnt mean its public property, 4 get that tos, Even u tube takes down copyright videos. And there are also private videos on there,

CPC should shut up or i'll rank them to the term "nigeria copywright" on google search.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by honeric01(m): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
SEUN MOVE THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE TOO, DON'T BE A TOOL IN THE HANDS OF THE PDP.

I know you are under pressure from them, please don't be selfish seun, they are getting on you, probably threatening to close down your forum which is your source of income, believe in God, don't fear men.

I don't want to be seun at this time of the year lipsrsealed
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by sirp2007: 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
dont see any issue here, hwever in election period s-h-i-t do happen
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Sunofgod(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2011
A Lawyer should take this case up - CPC clearly have a case to answer too.

Thieves,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election / Most Governors Spend Days In Abuja While Their States Are In Flames - Shehu Sani / Let’s Avoid Politics Of Hate, Religious, Ethnic Sentiments – Buni To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.