Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:12 PM

Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited (10973 Views)

Don’t Blackmail Us, Get To Work, PDP Tells Buhari / Don’t Blackmail Cpc And General Buhari / CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by ektbear: 4:32am On Apr 02, 2011
Sai 419Labs Limited
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Nicklee(m): 4:49am On Apr 02, 2011
Delusional Nigerians at it again, BlueLabs ko BlueLabs ni.

This has politics written all over it. Buharistoleouridea.com. What a very very unprofessional way to register a complaint. This is PDP at work. Throwing money around and we as always are busy selling our conciences for peanuts.

If Bluelabs suspected an infringnment (and mind you this thing is already on facebook and YouTube and they are not crying hell and thunder for that), there are professional ways to seek redress. But the website is just a pity and reeks of cheap blackmail from PDP.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by congoshine(m): 6:20am On Apr 02, 2011
Its like GEJ & PDP have many paid trolls on nairaland.

The aggression is unbelievable.

I wish PDP had spent all these money building our country's infrastructure !
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by EEspeed: 7:13am On Apr 02, 2011
I have carefully listened to both sides, and the truth is thus, the song was stolen, used with out permission or paying rights, this is intellectual stealing, iromnivcally one of the things GEJ has been shouting against.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by BluStreak(m): 7:42am On Apr 02, 2011
Like in all my politically related posts, I have always made it clear that I am neither for GEJ nor Buhari. That said, it is appalling when folks try to muscle out opponents with their might. The truth is the BB team have a case to answer & BB supporters should come to terms with that. A reminder; when a team performs poorly in a contest, it is the coach that take all the blame. Same here for Buhari & Bakare. They might not have been directly involved but it is a team they lead directly or indirectly. Some BB loyalist argue from one side of their mouth when I am dead sure they know the truth. How can a sane and internet-age savvy individual want to discredit BlueLabs course for justice just because the site for pursuing such course was recently registered? Did you expect buharistoleouridea.com to be in existence before this course? On what grounds and for what reason? That arguement is a inconsequential. The BB team did like some Nigerian pastors will do, they pulled sections of the Youtube TAC/TOS that suits their 'in-denial', they should read further. On why pursue this course on the web and not the court? Pls folks give me a break; the web today is a formidable platform were great battles have been started and won. The recent revolution sweeping across the ME is one. And dont be quick to forget about the Sony PS3 advert and Nigeria, it generated a lot of e-media reactions. That said, why do we all as a people attach sentiments to every issue? This just cause for a redress on IP infringement have been given a political face claiming it to be opposition instigated. Why Nigeria why? The truth here remains that the BB team has a case to answer. If they don't, why did they pull the materials from their sites?

My conclusion:
1. BB team and CPC has a case to answer
2. BB loyalist are just beating about the bush & not facing the reality of this matter.
3. Playing a blame game on political opponents is ludicrous.
4. BlueLabs have the right to launch a new website to pursue their course.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by EEspeed: 8:04am On Apr 02, 2011
BluStreak:

Like in all my politically related posts, I have always made it clear that I am neither for GEJ nor Buhari. That said, it is appalling when folks try to muscle out opponents with their might. The truth is the BB team have a case to answer & BB supporters should come to terms with that. A reminder; when a team performs poorly in a contest, it is the coach that take all the blame. Same here for Buhari & Bakare. They might not have been directly involved but it is a team they lead directly or indirectly. Some BB loyalist argue from one side of their mouth when I am dead sure they know the truth. How can a sane and internet-age savvy individual want to discredit BlueLabs course for justice just because the site for pursuing such course was recently registered? Did you expect buharistoleouridea.com to be in existence before this course? On what grounds and for what reason? That arguement is a inconsequential. The BB team did like some Nigerian pastors will do, they pulled sections of the Youtube TAC/TOS that suits their 'in-denial', they should read further. On why pursue this course on the web and not the court? Pls folks give me a break; the web today is a formidable platform were great battles have been started and won. The recent revolution sweeping across the ME is one. And dont be quick to forget about the Sony PS3 advert and Nigeria, it generated a lot of e-media reactions. That said, why do we all as a people attach sentiments to every issue? This just cause for a redress on IP infringement have been given a political face claiming it to be opposition instigated. Why Nigeria why? The truth here remains that the BB team has a case to answer. If they don't, why did they pull the materials from their sites?

My conclusion:
2. BB loyalist are just beating about the bush & not facing the reality of this matter.

You can not be more truthful, dead right truth, thank you. Let us not use politics to hide facts
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by texazzpete(m): 8:20am On Apr 02, 2011
BluStreak:

My conclusion:

'Case to answer'?
The CPC campaign has pulled all the copies of the song from their websites, facebook page e.t.c in reaction to Bluelabs complaint. That in itself shows an admirable penchant for doing the right thing.
Bluelabs can push forward a claim for compensation and they can enter discussions with the BB campaign group to work out modalities. That is their prerogative, I agree.

What they should never have done is to open a website while discussions are still ongoing, with such a libelous title. Their website should have been all about CPC and possible rights infringement. Instead they are publically calling a Buhari himself a thief!

Let them go to court. Buhari himself will likely sue them for libel.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Pataki: 8:30am On Apr 02, 2011
BluStreak:

My conclusion:

1. BB team and CPC have NO case to answer to.

2. BB loyalist are not beating about the bush, and the reality has been made open. Any other thing from Bluebland limited is just nothing but simply rabble rousing and political machinery against the person of Buhari.

3. Oh like the: name of the website is not ludicrous - ''buharistoleouridea.com''?

4. CPC has a right to launch a court case again Mr. Femi Odewunmi of Bluebland limited for libel. I hope you know that is a worthy cause.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by EEspeed: 8:35am On Apr 02, 2011
texazzpete:

'Case to answer'?
The CPC campaign has pulled all the copies of the song from their websites, facebook page e.t.c in reaction to Bluelabs complaint. That in itself shows an admirable penchant for doing the right thing.
Bluelabs can push forward a claim for compensation and they can enter discussions with the BB campaign group to work out modalities. That is their prerogative, I agree.

What they should never have done is to open a website while discussions are still ongoing, with such a libelous title. Their website should have been all about CPC and possible rights infringement. Instead they are publically calling a Buhari himself a thief!

Let them go to court. Buhari himself will likely sue them for libel.

Admission of guilt, but they should be brave enough to own up and make a statement, QED
They do have a case toi answer, and why did they deny at first?
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by abes(m): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2011
BluStreak:

My conclusion:

Do you think Patience Jonathan is responsible for the Unblerra Remix videos on YouTube.com?
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2011
To GEJ we gonna chase pdp out of our towm

Here comes the conman
Coming with his con plan.
We won't take no bribe;
We've got (to) stay alive.

We gonna chase those crazy -
Chase those crazy baldheads -
Chase those crazy baldheads out of the yown

Them crazy, them crazy -
We gonna chase those crazy
Baldheads out of town;
Chase those crazy baldheads
Out of our town.

I'n'I build a cabin;
I'n'I plant the corn;
Didn't my people before me
Slave for this country?
Now you look me with that scorn,
Then you eat up all my corn.

Chase them crazy -
Chase those crazy baldheads out of town!
---
Build your penitentiary, we build your schools,
Brainwash education to make us the fools.
Hate is your reward for our love,
Telling us of your God above.

Chase those crazy bunkheads -
Chase those crazy baldheads out of the yown!
---

---
Chase those crazy bunkheads -
Chase those crazy baldheads out of the yown!

Here comes the conman
Coming with his con plan.
We won't take no bribe;
We've got (to) stay alive.

Chase those crazy baldheads -
Chase those crazy baldheads out of the yown

Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by aj07: 9:51am On Apr 02, 2011
I can authoritatively tell you all that bluelabs is a dubious company, they are very incompetent and don't deliver on projects. Presently they are owing my company as a result of work not delivered.
This set of guys are just looking for cheap publicity and fast money. *smh*
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kgdavid(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2011
BluStreak:

My conclusion:

one question: what is the course of justice that bluelabs are pursuing? as in what exactly do they want now?
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by aj07: 9:53am On Apr 02, 2011
I can authoritatively tell you all that bluelabs is a dubious company, they are very incompetent and don't deliver on projects. Presently they are owing my company as a result of work not delivered.
This set of guys are just looking for cheap publicity and fast money. *smh*
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by onyengbu: 10:09am On Apr 02, 2011
Aj07,
like your fellow BB jihadists will say, why dont your company go to court!
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by abes(m): 10:18am On Apr 02, 2011
A quote according to Bluelabs
13th October 2010 -  Bluelabs Published the song and video (Transformation - A youth revolution).  www.transformationng.com
http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=7

one thing I noticed it that some of the video's comments were as far back as 19th September 2010 http://www.transformationng.com/all.php?num=6&id=

Do some people know about the video before it was published?
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 10:37am On Apr 02, 2011
abes:

A quote according to Bluelabshttp://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=7

one thing I noticed it that some of the video's comments were as far back as 19th September 2010 http://www.transformationng.com/all.php?num=6&id=

Do some people know about the video before it was published?

That's abracadabra for you o!
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by aj07: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2011
@onye - ngbu
how are u so sure the case is nt in court already,fact i didnt say anything about court does not mean it is not there. by the way i am not a loyalist of BB, i am just a nigerian trying to provide an insight into the dubious history of the so called blue labs limited.
My 2 cents.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by mrjingles(m): 11:13am On Apr 02, 2011
^^ am sorry but what has bluelabs being "dubious and not delivering on projects" got do with whether their IP rights have been infringed upon?They are owing you money and the case is in court, what relevance does it have to the issue on ground. Merely having a case in court does not have ANY bearing on this matter.

Protection of IP rights is a very important part of creating a progressive and innovative economy so am surprised this has been reduced to a political issue. Bluelabs is using a powerful weapon to pressure CPC/BUhari to discuss compensation- potential political embarrassment. They are using every leverage available to them. whether it is ethical or moral is a different argument but it surely isnt illegal.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by rasputinn(m): 11:21am On Apr 02, 2011
No matter how you try to paint it as otherwise,stealing is stealing,chikena

SaiShame Barawo Buhari
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by porka: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2011
Buhari does not have respect for ANY RIGHTS; copyright, human rights, or civil rights. He is a dictator, he is a notorious violator of people's rights. If he is elected, very unlikely, all you his supporters must be ready to be DRUGGED & CRATED for deportation back to Nigeria, be ready to give up your freedom of expression and opinion in the name of 'National SKURITI'. He has done it before, he has promised he'll do it again. All your internet gra gra talent will vaporize.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by friedrice1: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2011
Why don't this Bluelabs people just shut up and go to court and seek redress as they have been encouraged to do
by the CPC group .
they lose any sympathy as they try unsuccessfully to tarnish the Buhari/ Bakare campaign and persons
and exposing themselves as paid agents of the ruling party. Shame on them.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by cold(m): 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^My point exactly.The BB camp is getting the much needed publicity from this chicanery
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Ayowumie(m): 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
Father Lord, break d spine of every electn riggers. Am a serving corp member in Anambra state. As a poll clerk, am yet to locate my polling unit, i wonder when accreditatn will start.
Dis electn has already been rigged. INec any Nysc only signed an MoU dat i can refer to as a sham.
D electn has ended b4 it starts.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by proproman(m): 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2011
Bluelabs can be sued for libel if they can't prove any of the following;

1) that Buhari himself downloaded their original version of the song, edited it himself, then reuploaded and distributed it himself as his campaign song.

2) that buhari himself commisioned the cpc version of the song himself for use in his campaign

3) that Buhari and CPC are one and the same legal entity and therefore, anything that applies legally to CPC as a party, applies to Buhari

4) that when bluelabs made correspondence with the CPC, it was Buhari himself they communicated with and not someone else.

If they can prove none of these, then they are liable to be sued for slandering Buhari, seeing as their inability to prove any of the above indicates Buhari was not privy to what has been going on as regards the campaign ad. If they do get sued for slander, they will definitely lose because from all i've gathered, they have not been able to prove that Buhari himself infringed on their copyrights. The CPC may have but as I gather, the CPC and Buhari are not one and the same legal entity. If Buhari, for some legal reason, is disqualified from participating in the elections, it doesn't mean the CPC cannot present another candidate. So they are different legal entities and should be regarded and treated as such.

Some may ask how bluelabs have accused buhari and not CPC, well, isn't the name of their alarm raising site buharistoleouridea.com? Any cpc in that? Isn't it Buhari's pic that is conspicuosly displayed as the site'd icon? What more does buhari's lawyer need to file a slander suit against bluelabs?

This entire thing has a seriously political undertone. If this thing drags till after the elections, you'll be suprised to see how suddenly the whole thing will dissappear if buhari does not win. Even if bluelabs sue and win the case, it is CPC that will take responsibilty for the copyright infringement not Buhari. And by the way, don't we gather that it was a cpc fan that made and uploaded the ad initially, and the party saw it, liked it and made use of it? Why haven't bluelabs made any mention of the originator of the video, the real breacher of the copyrights? Why have they gone straight for Buhari's throat? This thing smacks of political blackmail. Bluelabs have lost any form of credibilty with the process they have followed. If it was truly justice they were after, they would have first instituted court proceedings against the CPC and allow the media to spread the news. Instead they opened a website and blew online trumpets. But i give up on convincing those who have blocked their eyes, ears and mind to reason that this thing has a seriously and poorly hidden political undertone.

He who has ears, let him hear what the spirit say. Peace.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by swagx: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
The court of law is there for any aggrieved party. We are not all lawyers here. Whosoever feels cheated should go to court.
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by TCann(m): 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
[center][size=8pt][size=8pt]NO HATING O,
IT'S B-B ALL THE WAY THIS APRIL POLLS!!
[/size][/size]
[/center]
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by coolusman: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
Thieves, is that true? then they can not rule Nigeria!!!!! cool
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by flabsol: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
BUT WHY SHOULD 666 CPC STEAL SONG?
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by onyeokwu: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2011
Sai barrawo banza BIN Ladin buAri

sai ashawo bakare from islam to christian from xtian to politics dog that goes back to its vomit
shameless man

the same buhari you condemned as a waste product

you said buhari doesn't have anything to offer but now he turned out to have something to offer
hypocrisy get back to Islam where you belong sanctimonious buffoon  

2 antai christ
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
flabsol:

BUT WHY SHOULD 666 CPC STEAL SONG?
onye_okwu:

Sai barrawo banza BIN Ladin buAri

sai ashawo bakare from islam to christian from xtian to politics dog that goes back to its vomit
shameless man

you said buhari doesn't have anything to offer but now he turned out to have something to offer
hypocrisy get back to Islam where you belong sanctimonious buffoon  

2 antai christ

Contrary to what you both may have heard while growing up in Nigeria . . .  Ignorance is not Bliss!!!

At least get yourselves better acquainted with what has actually transpired in this before you continue to shoot off in ignorance of the situation.

According to the bluelabs group, issue all started on Monday , the 28th of March, and they acknowledge that CPC end complied by with the demands of BlueLabs LLC. by the 31st . What is BlueLabs still wanting from this group?
Re: Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited by mrofficial(m): 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
How did buhari steal the song? Even if the song was stolen, the website should have been [b]cpc[/b]stoleouridea.com and not [b]buhari[/b]stoleouridea.com. Now I smell something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From The 56th Independence Denominational Service (photos) / Atiku Being Targeted For Arrest - Spokesman, Paul Ibe / Charles Obi Odili: No 40 Billion Is Missing At NDDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.