Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Undetected Sickle Celler - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undetected Sickle Celler (72113 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Advice Concerning : Undetected Sickle Celler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Ofadaman(m): 9:37pm On Jan 30, 2021
She's always been AS, she wanted to settle with her man so badly that she faked all results hoping that she's be lucky with an AS child. Only the guilty carry out 7 lab test result on one single issue

3 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by kingemaker(m): 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

Most people don't do genotype testing 7 times.
If you're AA, you do maybe one confirmatory test before marriage, that's all.

Why was she running up and down doing genotype test?
It is because she knew she was AS long ago.
My annual medical check up includes genotype test, so this might be the case.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Reelmii: 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
was it the same place she did the last test that she put to bed? if yes, thennthe hospital is fraud n should be held accountable.
that's how i judge my own n i have seen where a woman's baby boy was almost change at the university of Portharcourt teaching hospital by the midwives n nurses on duty that day..perhaps where your sister or neighbour put to birth, the hospital people must have change it and gave her a girl child for a family looking for a male son she might have put to bed.
you can't tell me her genotype is AA all this while n suddenly change to AS...

Madam, tell am say na wetin i talk, if na lie, make dem do DNA to prove both paternal and maternal test for the child. .there you will discover more!

if they change the child, did they change her genotype to
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by penocrat1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Very simple.Run DNA test to ascertain the truth if the child is from the woman
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Ferdinandu(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
NoToPile:

Not necessarily @ bolded she was most likely trying to be very sure she was AA ( Knowing how often these mistakes happen ) because she knows her fiancee is AS to avoid stuffs like this.

Its simple if you want to marry an AS, its common sense to confirm, confirm and reconfirm your AA status.
Anybody that is AA doesn't go for confirmatory test after about 2 times because your mind is already at rest. The Lady deceived the man into marrying her knowing fully well that 2 of them are AS

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by doctuw(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

1,2,3, maybe 4 times might be considered being cautious.
But 5,6,7 times seems out of place to me.
We don't know her family history. We don't know if she has a sickle cell sibling.

Something made her jittery enough to keep running the test even after marriage.
That is the missing piece of information.
that is the missing piece of the puzzle
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by chakaz(m): 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
They should conduct a DNA test to confirm if that child actually belongs to them or there was a fast game played on them where she was delivered.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by studentofTruth: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ofadaman:
She's always been AS, she wanted to settle with her man so badly that she faked all results hoping that she's be lucky with an AS child. Only the guilty carry out 7 lab test result on one single issue

She might not be. She could be telling the truth about being HbAA. But then, she could be a beta thalassemia carrier!
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by NoToPile: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
etrouble:

[b]I am AA snd I have NIN, [/b]can you try that? I married SS. I did not do any genotype because I have always known myself to be AA. It was the Church that did medical test for us and reconfirmed that I am AA and my wife SS.

So, why was the woman going all over the country doing genotype everywhere? Something is hidden

NIN?

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by buymyride: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

wisdom will not kill you ooo, meanwhile are you by chance related to king Solomon in the Bible? cry
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by coldFLARES1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
Toneyo:
Same thing happened to me. Prior to marriage. My wife claimed she was AA. I'm AS. I demanded for test result. She told me she can't find it again as it has been very long she did the test.

She claimed all her siblings are all AA. The whole thing bursted when my 3rd son fell seriously ill. He always for sick until a day, he had priapism at such young age, so I took him to the hospital.

I demanded the lab technician to conduct a genotype test and blood group test. He turned out to be SS, but same blood group with mine.

Wife was still claiming she was AA. Right there, I demanded she took a genotype test. Within minutes result was out. She is AS. She scammed me. Ever since that time my marriage has been a shamble.

She never apologized for the lie. No remorse till this day. I have been doing everything not to lose that boy.

So, many things has really happened from that day. Lots of discoveries. I was never truly loved but for the sake of I want to get married. All for her selfishness.

Sorry for the agony this wilful concealment of vital information, without remorse, has caused you. What do I say other than.......all shall be well.

Unfortunately, withholding vital health information seems commonplace when people want to get married and this is usually caused by desperation fuelled by factors like age, social standings and maybe prospects.

See me here, my wife came in with eye problems and one other debilitating health condition which wasn't disclosed at any point before marriage. We're managing it, but it hurts to discover when you are totally handicapped in taking a stand.

God be with you, my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:

I tell you, she is a very upright person but the fault is with the inexperienced personnels in the various labs.

I need the medical persons to come and say something on this matter. I have just learned that to detect certain AS genotype used to be problematic in the laboratories. Please medical people, over to you.
7 places?

Is it possible that therr is foul play at work?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Not at all. She's her child. The girl even resembles her grandmother well.
do DNA
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by rajiedreez: 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
This pragmatism guy just dey enter front middle and back, na u bring matter na u still dey judge matter. How will you tell me that 7 labs do mistake and you believed the eighth one to be true. Why do you believed that the last one was correct and the first 7 was not properly done. My guy she's been AS all along and she probably knows. I want to ask was she the person recommending the lab or her husband

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by mariahAngel(f): 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?

Munzy14, you need to read this post.

Remember when we talked about genotypes, bonds and letting go?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by jorez: 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Na lie,she knew she was AS before 7 times haba! you must be kidding me
NoToPile:

Not necessarily @ bolded she was most likely trying to be very sure she was AA ( Knowing how often these mistakes happen ) because she knows her fiancee is AS to avoid stuffs like this.

Its simple if you want to marry an AS, its common sense to confirm, confirm and reconfirm your AA status.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by JovialJune(f): 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
FanOfMyself:

Ok dear, just read this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://scialert.net/fulltext/amp.php%3Fdoi%3Dpjbs.2006.452.456&ved=2ahUKEwj0wsSgvsTuAhWrx4UKHWjACdgQFjABegQIAhAF&usg=AOvVaw1vdg_OG-L4Vzf2zKZB7F9Y&ampcf=1

I just did, it says 92.3% of AAs are susceptible to malaria

For blood group, O has the highest prevalence of 46%, B has 21%, so not all AAs are prone to malaria

I'm AA and B+, so I'm part of the lucky few.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by ojun50(m): 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
This matter strong oh,
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by buymyride: 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

7 times??
you this girl shocked
Sense no go kill you ooo grin
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by obataokenwa(m): 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:

I tell you, she is a very upright person but the fault is with the inexperienced personnels in the various labs.

I need the medical persons to come and say something on this matter. I have just learned that to detect certain AS genotype used to be problematic in the laboratories. Please medical people, over to you.
same thing job passed through cos he always go every morning to do sacrifice for the children incase they may have sinned. They all died the same day and he said what I fear most has come upon me. Fear gives birth to our imagination. 7 times she expected and devil helped her at the end
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by NoToPile: 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oyiboman69:

How well do you know the woman in question?

Loool you quoted the wrong person.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Evicsholar(f): 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
iyimide:
This Child is a result of paternity fraud.

Let me enlighten u, this lady doctored the last result after that child's SS diagnosis.

Please look out for Anthropometric features on the child in comparison to the father... you will find the result there.
Please note, if u are the husband, don't do Paternity test on the child do antigen specific MRNA comparison with the child.
DNA might be somewhat similar based on certain factors.
Also, do neck anatomy/ xray around the triangles of the neck of you and child.. if the child is less than 8, you will have a microsomal copy of yourself...

I am a Pathologist and all medical lies or deceit are uncovered by us!
I beg to differ. This is not an issue of paternity fraud. What should even be of concern here is if the woman is the biological mother of the child.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Aug28th(m): 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
JovialJune:

Abeg we don't fall sick, where did you hear that from, I've not used any drugs or injection in years and I'm AA.
What's your blood group?
I'm AA/O+ and I fall sick every now and then.
I dey hospital like this sef
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Reelmii: 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
confidential20:
All these ones up there blaming the woman, you need to stop that. The OP is right. I work in a military hospital and I can categorically tell you that the scenario the OP posted happens here too. It is not only common to Genotype test. Also, it is not an issue of a mistake from the lab scientists as well.
if it ever happens in ur hospital, then ur lab technicians have to be sued,, and mind u, 7 different labs cant make the same mistake ur hospital makes
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
I don't even know what to say.

When I tell people my story, they don't believe me!
This has been me! With weird genotype results!!

AA for the longest time... then SC...then AA again...then AS AS AS. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by victorjoe(m): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:

Oga stop defending what you don't know. How can someone be doing genotype test back to back to be convinced that she is actually AA.

Abi a pastor told her she is AA?

This one is very simple. If she is sure she did it 7 times then let her take those 7 results and sue the companies that did those tests. There is no way medically that a genotype will change overnight.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by buymyride: 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

1,2,3, maybe 4 times might be considered being cautious.
But 5,6,7 times seems out of place to me.
We don't know her family history. We don't know if she has a sickle cell sibling.

Something made her jittery enough to keep running the test even after marriage.
That is the missing piece of information.
i hereby ban you from commenting on this topic, you’ve killed me already cheesy grin
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BusinessCity: 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?

Let me explain what happened.

It's a beautiful experience of the positive side is harnessed. I'm a BioTech researcher to begin with and I have the answer.

Wanna know?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by JovialJune(f): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Aug28th:

What's your blood group?
I'm AA/O+ and I fall sick every now and then.
I dey hospital like this sef

Eyah Pele

I'm AA/B+
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by ImaIma1(f): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Must the blame always lie with the woman? What is the genotype of the husband? It's obvious he lied because he knows how everyone will turn eyes on the woman.

Read the post now before you start gender war .

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

I've done genotype tests up to 7 times, too. Because I've got too many varying results. I've just recently accepted the most common of the results.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by efilefun(m): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

And you know she is upright because...? Don't be fooled by looks. Daggers are hidden in men's smiles.

I can understand and blame inexperience for 1,2, perhaps 3 tests, but 4, 5, 6 and 7? From different labs? Puhleeze! 7 different labs, 7 different lab technicians, 7 different tests, all AA. And you're believe her. undecided If Nigerian labs were so bad half of us would be dead by now because of wrong test results.

Stop being wilfully naive.
OP is the “lady“ in the story that’s why she’s defending the “lady”

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.