Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Undetected Sickle Celler - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undetected Sickle Celler (72092 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Advice Concerning : Undetected Sickle Celler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by newoffer: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

1,2,3, maybe 4 times might be considered being cautious.
But 5,6,7 times seems out of place to me.
We don't know her family history. We don't know if she has a sickle cell sibling.

Something made her jittery enough to keep running the test even after marriage.
That is the missing piece of information.
. She just played the dude. She is AS . All those test are just joke
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Give that man a well fermented odeku, lol in patience asukwo laugh
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

Most people don't do genotype testing 7 times.
If you're AA, you do maybe one confirmatory test before marriage, that's all.

Why was she running up and down doing genotype test?
It is because she knew she was AS long ago.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by ello29(m): 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
The reporter is missing something.
Such errors cant happen from 7 different hospitals
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by ODIX(m): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
This is a topic I’m personally interested in
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by ezeukwu1(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?

Can I vouch for her? Did u see the results of the test conducted? Or she told u the results of the test? How come all the hospitals she went to before the daughter's sickness gave the same result? Let her speak the truth!
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by iyimide(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
This Child is a result of paternity fraud.

Let me enlighten u, this lady doctored the last result after that child's SS diagnosis.

Please look out for Anthropometric features on the child in comparison to the father... you will find the result there.
Please note, if u are the husband, don't do Paternity test on the child do antigen specific MRNA comparison with the child.
DNA might be somewhat similar based on certain factors.
Also, do neck anatomy/ xray around the triangles of the neck of you and child.. if the child is less than 8, you will have a microsomal copy of yourself...

I am a Pathologist and all medical lies or deceit are uncovered by us!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Kei144(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
confidential20:
All these ones up there blaming the woman, you need to stop that. The OP is right. I work in a military hospital and I can categorically tell you that the scenario the OP posted happens here too. It is not only common to Genotype test. Also, it is not an issue of a mistake from the lab scientists as well.

This is a good explanation.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by sisisioge: 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
firstratedcitiz:
I strongly believe it is his own family (wife and child) that we are discussing here, but he cleverly mentioned it was his neighbor, perhaps for privacy concerns. People should learn to own up to their own problems so that others may know where to come in and help.

What does it matter? Give him same advice you would have given to neighbour since the facts of the case are the same.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by osazsky(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

We don't know her family history. We don't know if she has a sickle cell sibling.

the thing weak me..science is science..u cant change it..if u see what these despirate bitchesss do just to get a man u will be amazed.my wife works with a very big lab..if she gist u u go tire.people enticing her with big cash to alter result cuz of marriage. Test buying..she knew she was As and she wasnt ready to leave her man
.she paid heavily for them to keep altering results hence she paid 7 times..these mistake cant happen 7 times in diff lab not possible. Her hus should tell her to speak the thruth or dissolve the marriage she go begin cry honey i am sorry. The last one that came for preg test..she came with her boyfriend to do the test...young undergraduate ..from the look of things he seems he is from a whealthy family..when she came for the result she offered my wife 50k to right posirive.though it was tempting she considered the future of the guy and how it will affect his edication and refused the cash...she was about causing a sene when my wife shouted at her that she should go to another lab.my bro fear women o...the one i wanted to marry before took me to deeper life programe that God can change our genotype if only we can meet kumuyi..my bro fear a desperate woman o.i sm talking from esperience those people can be quite funny wat a shame

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Ajixegun: 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Gweedorian:
It could be the Phenomenon of Chimerism.
That's the beauty of science and the Universe. There are always exceptions or outliers to every common phenomenon or law. Its not always infidelity or switch of child.
I bet you , if it was Europe or America, some reasonable scientist will sit down and start investigating that woman's ovary and her husband's testes/semen. A new interesting discovery or field ill pop up and then they are one step ahead of all other races.
Hmm... You might be right. I think that's what played out.
It is rare case, though.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by zikter(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

The gene lies with both parents. What is the husbands genotype? In all this, information about him has been withheld. He can't be as innocent as portrayed.
Do you intentionally wish to disgrace yourself here or what? I don't understand. You keep talking about husband's genotype withheld and all what not. Meanwhile it is clearly stated in OPs post that the husband is AS. Didn't you read before commenting?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by futurerex: 9:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

You're wise.

Are you related to detective Babatunde Raji Fashola cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by SeriouslySense(m): 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
may the love for their child grow, and hopefully they will be able to find a way of either treatment or supporting the child.

SIRTee15:
No need for all this salaye....
They now have a sickle cell child on their hand...and that's what count now.
Good news.... it's no longer a death sentence or a life of crisis.
Tell the parents to start saving money for Stem cell transplant. Its around 5 to 10 million naira. It could be cheaper in nigeria, I'm not sure.
Good luck.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Actuarydeji(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
You've a point. Anything is possible in this country
Caaz:
Maybe her kid was interchanged at birth or something.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by kenny5811(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

ur brain is workin very very well.. y was she running upandan doing confirmatory tests... mayb 1 onyeze jesus (aka na sa uchi 1 worldwide) bin dey sumwere dey decieve her.......

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by JovialJune(f): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Viking007:
You might want to confirm your genotype or you're just extremely lucky. I am AA and I fall sick like everyone 6 months.

My parents and siblings are AA, i've done tests confirming I'm AA,

AAs are only prone to malaria, even at that, not all fall sick, and I fall in that category.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Neddyogu(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
NoToPile:

Not necessarily @ bolded she was most likely trying to be very sure she was AA ( Knowing how often these mistakes happen ) because she knows her fiancee is AS to avoid stuffs like this.

I[b]ts simple if you want to marry an AS, its common sense to confirm, confirm and reconfirm your AA status[/b].

Not to the extent of conducting hemoglobin genotyping for 7times! It seems d lady in question wanted to wish her carrier status away.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BRATISLAVA: 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
zikter:
Do you intentionally wish to disgrace yourself here or what? I don't understand. You keep talking about husband's genotype withheld and all what not. Meanwhile it is clearly stated in OPs post that the husband is AS. Didn't you read before commenting?

You are already disgracing yourself by believing everything in the story. You believe someone knows of the 7 times his neighbors wife got tested for her genotype, and he trusts her so much he can describe it accurately?

How are you to believe the man is really AS? The whole story is full of doubtful situations. The man could be SS. I know, it's hard for you to believe.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by princety24(m): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwUl11-hIUY
14 days to go..
Definitely it's going to be another moment of true worship in God's presence. #concert #music
Date: 14/2/2021
Venue: Online streaming and downline
Time: 2p.m ( Red carpet )
Main Event: 3p.m
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Viking007(m): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
JovialJune:

My parents and siblings are AA, i've done tests confirming I'm AA,

AAs are only prone to malaria, even at that, not all fall sick, and I fall in that category.
Yes, malaria is the "sickness" . I treat malaria way too often no matter how careful I am.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by osazsky(m): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ajixegun:

Hmm... You might be right. I think that's what played out.
It is rare case, though.
my bro that woman knew she was AS before marriage...go to some labs and see them buying pregnancy test results he shock u

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by josephft2000: 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
MAYBE THE PREVIOUS GENOTYPE RESULTS WERE FAKED TO FAVOUR THE WOMAN.BUT IF BOTH OF THE PARENTS ARE AS, THEN THE BABY MAY COME UP WITH SICKLE CELL ANAEMIA. THEY SHOULD REPEAT THE TEST AND ALSO GO FOR DNA TEST TO KNOW IF THE BABY ACTUALLY BELONG TO THEM
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
The woman prolly lied about her genotype maybe due to age not being on her side and she just wanted to settle down then.

Women can lie when they are desperate.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by shegun4sur: 9:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
She felt she might not be AA because she does not often fall sick like it used to happen to most AAs. That's why she did it repeatedly before marriage.

To say that most AAs fall sick is naive
The premium genotype it is.
Even malaria multiplies quicker because of the excess oxygen in AA hemoglobin. It doesn't make AA weaker

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by frog12: 9:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
either they made a mistake or the woman also has AS
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by coldFLARES1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
She felt she might not be AA because she does not often fall sick like it used to happen to most AAs. That's why she did it repeatedly before marriage.
I may be ignorant, but, is it a matter of rule that AAs fall sick often?

I'm of the AA genotype but very rarely fall sick.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by ikabasa1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?
for her to have gone for the genotype test for about 7 times means she was been deceived to use a particular concoction that will change the genotype to AA when she was sure she is AS.
She lies to the husband and you about the story. Genotype can't be changed

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
Caaz:
Maybe her kid was interchanged at birth or something.

Don’t you read that the mother is AS?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Blakpot: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
From what i've observed, there's a toxic misogynistic culture thriving here on NL.

For some unknown reason a lot of posters here just despise women. If there's a news of a woman raped to death, u will see posts blaming d victim or making some silly remarks.

If u have any family issues, especially regarding a woman, just keep it off NL.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

May God bless you
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Evicsholar(f): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Must the blame always lie with the woman? What is the genotype of the husband? It's obvious he lied because he knows how everyone will turn eyes on the woman.
This is not a gender issue. Even if the man was SS, so far the woman was AA, they have no business giving birth to SS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Toneyo(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
Same thing happened to me. Prior to marriage. My wife claimed she was AA. I'm AS. I demanded for test result. She told me she can't find it again as it has been very long she did the test.

She claimed all her siblings are all AA. The whole thing bursted when my 3rd son fell seriously ill. He always for sick until a day, he had priapism at such young age, so I took him to the hospital.

I demanded the lab technician to conduct a genotype test and blood group test. He turned out to be SS, but same blood group with mine.

Wife was still claiming she was AA. Right there, I demanded she took a genotype test. Within minutes result was out. She is AS. She scammed me. Ever since that time my marriage has been a shamble.

She never apologized for the lie. No remorse till this day. I have been doing everything not to lose that boy.

So, many things has really happened from that day. Lots of discoveries. I was never truly loved but for the sake of I want to get married. All for her selfishness.

2mch:
Some people believe if they believe something, it will happen. Like Genotype change from AS to AA. That woman lied before marriage. The husband should have demanded evidence of the tests.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Photo Of Mother & Son Relaxing On A Yacht Got People Arguing / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.