Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Undetected Sickle Celler - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undetected Sickle Celler (72111 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Advice Concerning : Undetected Sickle Celler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by studentofTruth: 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

The woman has not yet told us how that child turned out to be SS. I put it to you that she was always AS and she knew, but maybe desperation pushed her into lying to her husband about her genotype. How can she consistently do tests over a number of years and the result is always AA, but this one time when the child is confirmed to have sickle cell anemia, she does another test and voila, she is AS. Just one time.

She is a liar and a very terrible person. Now she has brought an innocent child to suffer

Can I create a thread to explain what may have happened in that case so that people can learn. I will like you to move it to the front page when I do.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by chuksme(m): 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
One of them is cheating each other. One of them cheated. The woman cheated.

The story has never happened in medical or science world before.

The has question to answer .
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

And all the 7 tests confirmed she was AA prior to the child's diagnosis, but after diagnosis the result turns to AS? How very convenient

Something similar's happened to me. Only that in my case, a child didn't show up first.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Innobee99(m): 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
She felt she might not be AA because she does not often fall sick like it used to happen to most AAs. That's why she did it repeatedly before marriage.
The person no fit talk ni?

Why u carry am for head like gele na?
Haba

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Mac2016(m): 9:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Not at all. She's her child. The girl even resembles her grandmother well.
She did not read the article thru before making comment. That's glaring
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Reelmii: 9:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Viking007:
You might want to confirm your genotype or you're just extremely lucky. I am AA and I fall sick like every 6 months.
it is not that AA dont fall sick, it all depends on ur immune system

I am AA, and I hardly fall sick, if u have a strong immune system u will escape the whole falling sick issue

So if u are AA and u are always falling sick, u need to boost ur immune system, that is the problem

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by tinnyailes(m): 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
thundafire:
There are still chances of a child having SS even though both parent are AA or AS. The probability is like 1% and the child happened to be part of the 1%
hehehe as you no do biology na
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by NerdyAtheist: 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?
I think you are here to sell your product because a look at your profile has shown that you have the cure for this sickle cell. Why don't you just cure her of it?

3 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by nedekid: 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
The woman always knew she was AS jare, but refused to accept the fact.
Ok, all the test she did, was any done in a government facility eg general hospital?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Ishilove: 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Something similar's happened to me. Only that in my case, a child didn't show up first.
Did you test up to 7 times?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Fairytalessss(f): 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Paternity test (DNA) may be required. Women, infidelity and lies are like Devil cry

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Jman06(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
I pity the woman sha. Probably helplessly in love or desperate to get married due to age not being on her side. It's also possible that some conmen pastor deceived her with the promise of a miraculous turnaround.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
SweetCunt97:
She's AS but her pastor told her a miracle has taken place and she's AA now noni
Buhahahahahaha.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by McTobe(m): 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
You will do well as an intelligence Officer. You question is quite in order. But do you think science can be trusted fool proof? Don’t you think that science have not perfected their art in that area of blood classification? Do you know that in the past ten years science made discoveries as to other blood groups apart from the existing ones, one of my problem with science is generalizations especially with their present achievement only to make more discoveries tomorrow meanwhile lifes May have been lost to their already hasty generalizations of yesterday
Winneygirl:

1,2,3, maybe 4 times might be considered being cautious.
But 5,6,7 times seems out of place to me.
We don't know her family history. We don't know if she has a sickle cell sibling.

Something made her jittery enough to keep running the test even after marriage.
That is the missing piece of information.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Ishilove: 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
Acidosis:

There's a loophole in your write-up bro. The level of certainty you have displayed on the thread is too high to believe the lady is your neighbour. You don't even know her until she moved in with her husband, your neighbour, so where's the confidence coming from?

My point is you barely know this woman. Stop being too confident okay?

It's even possible that the husband is also aware of her AS status before marriage. They got married with the hope of raising AS/AA children. Some couples who got blinded with love took this risk. Since their plan turned out this way, of course, they needed to come up with a story so the world won't blame them.

That being said, you should speak with a medical practitioner if your assertions are correct.
Lol. We all know the OP is the husband in this whole saga, not the 'neighbour'.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Ishilove: 9:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
I want to thank you for this intelligent post. That's exactly what happened before she committed to her fiance. Her husband confirmed it this afternoon.
You are the husband, not the so-called neighbor hence the vigorous defence of a very shady woman.

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

Did you test up to 7 times?

Maybe 8/9 times even, including an electrophoresis testing with a lab that sends test results abroad for verification. I've finally given up and accepted I'm AS, to be on a safe side.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pragmatistm(m): 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
NerdyAtheist:

I think you are here to sell your product because a look at your profile has shown that you have the cure for this sickle cell. Why don't you just cure her of it?

The fact that I market the product STC30 does not mean I can't discuss an important issue. Besides, nobody is forced to get the product, but its a free world. Its those that have used it that know the powers and efficacy. Ok?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by martha18(f): 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sorry to say this , but she knew all along that she was AS.

Love blindfolded her eyes and she decided she is not ready to loose the man.

My dear same happened to me but had to let go. Wouldn't allow love make me commit murder or suffering of a child.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by obinoral1179(m): 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:

I tell you, she is a very upright person but the fault is with the inexperienced personnels in the various labs.

I need the medical persons to come and say something on this matter. I have just learned that to detect certain AS genotype used to be problematic in the laboratories. Please medical people, over to you.
there is nothing problematic about it..how can seven test say same thing the only test to correct the situation say the correct thing..... She should have got to teaching hospital for test....
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by DECLAN2015(m): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
She felt she might not be AA because she does not often fall sick like it used to happen to most AAs. That's why she did it repeatedly before marriage.

Do AA fall sick repeatedly
What could have made AA to fall sick repeatedly apart from frequent malaria they suffer because of their good blood
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by solonubinho(m): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
She lied.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by NerdyAtheist: 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:

The fact that I market the product STC30 does not mean I can't discuss an important issue. Besides, nobody is forced to get the product, but its a free world. Its those that have used it that know the powers and efficacy. Ok?

Of course it is a free world that we live in and everyone is at liberty to do whatever they wish. Bye.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by olisaokere(m): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

The woman has not yet told us how that child turned out to be SS. I put it to you that she was always AS and she knew, but maybe desperation pushed her into lying to her husband about her genotype. How can she consistently do tests over a number of years and the result is always AA, but this one time when the child is confirmed to have sickle cell anemia, she does another test and voila, she is AS. Just one time.

She is a liar and a very terrible person. Now she has brought an innocent child to suffer

Case Closed!..
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Ishilove: 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Maybe 8/9 times even, including an electrophoresis testing with a lab that sends test results abroad for verification. I've finally given up and accepted I'm AS, to be on a safe side.
That's the point here. The results remain constant, so where did her own AS genotype pop out from after 7 tests?

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by studentofTruth: 10:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
obinoral1179:
there is nothing problematic about it..how can seven test say same thing the only test to correct the situation say the correct thing..... She should have got to teaching hospital for test....

As a professional, I would rather believe those seven tests than that last one done after the child tested positive for sickled hemoglobin.

The principle of "when you know what you are looking for, that's what you will find" was most likely at play in that last test.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Evicsholar(f): 10:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
Blakpot:
From what I've observed, there's a toxic misogynistic culture thriving here on NL.

For some unknown reason, a lot of posters here just despise women. If there's news of a woman raped to death, u will see posts blaming d victim or making some silly remarks.

If u have any family issues, especially regarding a woman, just keep it off NL.
The blame on the woman is not because she is a woman! In this case, it is established that the husband has one S genotype which was what was obviously contributed on his part (that absolves the man from taking the blame). The next logical answer is that the second S is definitely from the wife. This was confirmed by the last test she did showing her genotype to be AS.

3 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pragmatistm(m): 10:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ghozky:
I think she lied all along.

OP, why are you defending her?
I am defending her because we are very close neighbours and both Christian families.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by ishayaauta(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
hernandson:
13.5k twitter account for sale +2348112377717 10k
I'm interested I'll send you a WhatsApp message
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pragmatistm(m): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
DECLAN2015:

Do AA fall sick repeatedly
What could have made AA to fall sick repeatedly apart from frequent malaria they suffer because of their good blood
Its that malaria oo.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

That's the point here. The results remain constant, so where did her own AS genotype pop out from after 7 tests?

Whose results remained constant? Mine or hers?

For me, I strongly believe that there's something about this genotype testing that is yet to be unraveled by scientists.

If I had gotten married on my last AA result, I'd have been in trouble... and this is how people would have been doubting that I had done proper checks.

I've generally become very skeptical about lab results when it comes to genotype issues, so I can no longer categorically say someone is lying. I agree that 7 constant results suddenly changing at the 8th is very peculiar, though.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by coldFLARES1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
FanOfMyself:

I think he meant that AA genotype are prone to malaria than AS and SS. I'm AA and I easily get down with malaria anytime I am exposed to mosquito bites, a friend who is AA confirmed same few days ago when we I was taking malaria drugs. Aside from malaria, I have never suffered from any sickness as far as I can remember
Except you'd insinuate I went for a confirmatory test, ...that year, while in Warri, I dreaded nighfall because I am always host to tens of mosquitoes which found their way to my room from mainly through the floor drain in the bathroom.

These animals feasted mercilessly on me for upwards of three years, mainly causing me only discomfort during the night but never sending me to hospital.

.....and yes! I'm AA. I very rarely fall sick and don't get those bouts of malaria you talked about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.