Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd (11078 Views)

He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee / Housewife Dies In Lover’s House while Man Loses Life In Brothel. / "I Dont Know Who Got Me Pregnant".true Life Confession Of A Housewife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 13, 2011
BABE!:

You is a female? ?? Chai! Finally! I always knew something wasn't right! cool

wink wink wink
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by BABE3: 2:31am On Apr 13, 2011
^^Don't wink at me jo! You is beginning to scare me. Are you really gay?, so I can baptise you with Holy water. There's nothing God cannot do! cool
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nekai(f): 2:39am On Apr 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

And being a housewife is a career that I suspect would get boring pretty fast  undecided

I don't think it's a matter of boredom, but if it's not what you wanted to do full-time, it would probably be frustrating.

PhysicsMHD:

lol,

Hotel Administration doctorates? Didn't know those existed.

shocked shocked shocked I learn something new every day!

BABE!:

Being a housewife doesn't get boring pretty fast o. You never jam! Do you watch the real housewives of Atlanta/New York----. If you do, those ones can never get bored. smiley

cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by braine(m): 3:27am On Apr 13, 2011
I just watch and pity husbands of my female lecturers. They dont have time for themselves talkless of their husbands
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:11am On Apr 13, 2011
and you know this how? stalker.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by InkedNerd(f): 4:16am On Apr 13, 2011
tpiah!:

is there a particular reason why you're taking the matter so personally?

just asking.

its your type who will build suspicious "friendships" with the husband while she's slaving away on her phd.

giving him the female company he's missing.

Taking it personally?!?! You obviously need to go read this whole thread over because nothing about what I have written indicates that I'm taking it personally. Perhaps I should be asking you that question. Are you one of those older aged people who is trying to obtain a PhD?! You seem to have a habit of asking other people why they are taking things personally.

I don't know what "type" it is that you are referring to but you really need to check yourself. Because I asked a question doesn't mean I have an alternative motive here.

Nekai:

My cousin is a jackass! But the girl didn't know his plan! That's why I felt sorry for her. All the more reason why both people should take precautions. Men shouldn't depend on a woman "being on the pill", and a woman shouldn't depend on a guy pulling out in time, or she shouldn't  depend on a a guy supplying a condom.

I think the girl should get her Phd if that was her goal, because stopping short of it would limit her career opportunities. For example, if her dream career was to interact with people, solve their medical problems, and become a medical doctor and she obtained her masters in the biological sciences, if she stopped there she would have to take on a whole different kind of job. She would have to be a research assistant gathering data, or she would work in a laboratory. She woudn't be doing what she was passionate about. If she had planned on only going the masters route from the beginning she would have chosen to get a degree in nursing, or even get her masters degree as a physicians's assistant.

She can go to school and get married and start a family, with her husband's support, or she could postpone starting the family right away.

Yupp, pure jackass tongue

I totally agree about both parties being prepare. Chat's why I always carry a pack of condoms, both male and female]. Not that I'm walking around looking for sex, its just that if a situation arises, I wanna be prepared.

MzDarkSkin:

^Fuckry  tongue

@ POSTER,
GET YOUR EDU. FIRST! TAKE CARE OF YOUR GOALS FIRST AND THEN DECIDE WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT!!!!!!

I AM TELLING YOU, DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE MANY OF US WOMEN HAVE BEFORE! IT'S NOW A TIME IN HUMAN
HISTORY WHERE WOMEN ARE EXPECTED TO ACHIEVE JUST AS MUCH AS HER MALE COUNTERPARTS OR MORE, SO GET YOUR
GOALS ACCOMPLISHED MAMA AND THEN THINK ABOUT STARTING A FAMILY WHEN YOU ARE READY!!!!

Well said!!! Like I was telling Nekai, you don't know how many women I see here who put a guy through school, wait for the guy while he's away, or put their needs aside for the sake of a guy, only to have the guy leave them. I'm not saying the guy is out to get her or set her up for failure but she really needs to guard herself financially, educationally, emotionally, and any other way possible.

braine:

I just watch and pity husbands of my female lecturers. They dont have time for themselves talkless of their husbands

And what about the wives of male lecturers? They're all happy and dandy when they husbands have no time for them abi?

ekt_bear:

Wow. I didn't know dudes do that, lol.

Seems so short-sighted and foolish.

lol, well now you know wink

ThiefOfHearts:

Lol Africans are in Brooklyn! But No, Im in the suburbs.

lol, I know Africans are in Brooklyn. I'm one of them cheesy

Chai
, you live in the burbs. . . I'm so sorry to hear that lol j/k grin
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by mojounited(m): 4:36am On Apr 13, 2011
@OP, Is your fiance' a PHD holder? If no, maybe he might just not be cosy about marrying a wife that has a higher degree than him, no undecided If that's the case then i'm afraid to say your fiancé no sabi better thing. . .Oh, and about the shop thingy as a MSc holder, ShAaaaaada - of course, unless if all else fails. . .
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 13, 2011
@ inked newt

madam, sheath your claws and retract your fangs, ok?

your taking excessive panadol for another person's headache achieves what exactly?

i dont even usually engage in discussion with you and mostly ignore your posts because i find you something of a boor and covertly malicious, hence i dont like wasting my time with your type.

if my quoting your post on the somali thread was what got your goat going, then go back and check- i've removed it.

however, the photo stays since you probably lifted them all without the owners' permission anyway and besides if you dont want people commenting on them, then save them on your computer hard drive, not nairaland, and waank to them there.

adios.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:49am On Apr 13, 2011
sorry ke. I no be on the news for drive-bys/shoots outs  tongue
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:50am On Apr 13, 2011
Tpiah is this argument even necessary
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 4:52am On Apr 13, 2011
cant stand fake people.

and a malicious one to boot.

i wasnt even addressing her but she saw fit to jump up in a frenzy.

same s.tupid attitude on the somali thread.

waltzing around like she owns the place.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ektbear: 4:54am On Apr 13, 2011
Na wa o lipsrsealed
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by BABE3: 4:57am On Apr 13, 2011
^^ hey, guy, where you from?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ektbear: 5:02am On Apr 13, 2011
BABE!:

^^ hey, guy, where you from?

Ekiti State. I grew up in Maryland and Texas though. So "from" those three places, I guess grin
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by BABE3: 5:07am On Apr 13, 2011
^^^Oh, I see! smiley Just asking! So you don't speak yoruba?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by InkedNerd(f): 5:39am On Apr 13, 2011
tpiah!:

@ inked newt

madam, sheath your claws and retract your fangs, ok?

your taking excessive panadol for another person's headache achieves what exactly?

i dont even usually engage in discussion with you and mostly ignore your posts because i find you something of a boor and covertly malicious, hence i dont like wasting my time with your type.

if my quoting your post on the somali thread was what got your goat going, then go back and check- i've removed it.

however, the photo stays since you probably lifted them all without the owners' permission anyway and besides if you dont want people commenting on them, then save them on your computer hard drive, not nairaland, and waank to them there.

adios.

Lmao, ya know I used to wonder why people on Nairaland called you a bitter old hag but now I see why. After all you've just said I think you're the one who needs to sheath your claws and retract your fangs. If you find that my posts come across as boor and malicious then oh well. If you don't have time for "my type", then don't reply--continue what you were doing and ignore them. No one has forced you to respond since you dislike my comments so much. As for those photos I posted, I suggest you retract that comment all together. Whether or not you quote me on this thread or any other thread is up to you, that's not my problem nor is it an issue for me. If you like, quote everything I say on Nairaland if that makes you happy. Me responding to you as a whole seems to be a problem for you. You speak as though I have some sort of personal vendetta against you [which by the way I don't]. Lemme ask you something, every single image you've posted here on Nairaland, did you get the permission of the owners before you used them? What, you couldn't find another way to try and take a jab at me so you decided to bring up the subject of me posting photos on the thread? When you find something to actually argue about then get back to me. You have a nasty and uncouth habit of wanting to call others out on things you seem to be keen on doing as well. Do me a favor. . . Grab a mirror so you can see what a hypocrite looks like.

ThiefOfHearts:

Tpiah is this argument even necessary 

No, let her argue. From the few comments I have read from her on Nairaland, she seems to like saying she has no time for certain people yet comes right back and continues where she stopped.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ektbear: 5:45am On Apr 13, 2011
BABE!:

^^^Oh, I see! smiley Just asking! So you don't speak yoruba?

Kinda, sorta. . . let's just say it is a work in progress grin grin grin I can understand it pretty well though. Not so great at reading it (unless it is just Lagos Yoruba rather than pure, deep Yoruba).
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by BABE3: 5:58am On Apr 13, 2011
^^Aight! You cool! smiley So Introduction:
My name is BABE! I come from Nairaland! 190 is my Father! Inked_Nerd is my friend! ADVOCATOR is my boyfriend!

You?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by InkedNerd(f): 6:03am On Apr 13, 2011
^^^ lol nice introduction.

@ekt_bear: Hi ekt_bear. BABE! is really nice so if ya stick around long enough she'll show you around.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:04am On Apr 13, 2011
Dont know how someone who cant even speak Yoruba is claiming Ekiti state
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by jaybee3(m): 6:12am On Apr 13, 2011
Does this thread need sanitizing? looks like it has been derailed a lil
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ektbear: 6:24am On Apr 13, 2011
BABE!:

^^Aight! You cool! smiley So Introduction:
My name is BABE! I come from Nairaland! 190 is my Father! Inked_Nerd is my friend! ADVOCATOR is my boyfriend!

You?
Lol @ your introduction  grin Which part of Nairaland are you from? Uptown, where the rich folk live? grin

Me, I'm just ekt_bear. . . no kin/significant others here (to my knowledge, at least  grin ).
Inked_Nerd:

@ekt_bear: Hi ekt_bear. BABE! is really nice so if ya stick around long enough she'll show you around.

Thanks, appreciate it.

ThiefOfHearts:

Dont know how someone who cant even speak Yoruba is claiming Ekiti state
grin I wouldn't say I cannot speak. . . just cannot speak very good  tongue

@jaybee: sorry for derailing. . .
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by fstranger3(m): 7:16am On Apr 13, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Is that how it is done?

You didnt introduce me to Babe, the way you just introduced Ekt_Bear? How is that fair? You know, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Anyway, I will let God grin be the judge. This is the greatest injustice ever meted to me by any individual.

Oh well, I guess, Love is wicked and hurtful

BTW, Ekt_Bear, what are you doing here in the first place?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by InkedNerd(f): 7:20am On Apr 13, 2011
fstranger3:

Is that how it is done?

You didnt introduce me to Babe, the way you just introduced Ekt_Bear? How is that fair? You know, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Anyway, I will let God grin be the judge. This is the greatest injustice ever meted to me by any individual.

Oh well, I guess, Love is wicked and hurtful

BTW, Ekt_Bear, what are you doing here in the first place?

Well, you never told me how old you are so I never bothered to introduce you to her. Happy now? grin tongue
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by ektbear: 7:24am On Apr 13, 2011
@fstranger3: It is a pretty entertaining part of nairaland grin
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by BEE3: 7:28am On Apr 13, 2011
@ ekt_bear,  Well, I'm from the ghetto part of Nairaland. 190(my dad) doesn't have a stable job, so we are very very humble people. Though he doesn't present himself that way. (He's broke sha).

Nice meeting you.  cheesy

@Fstranger3, We've meet before right cheesy, or am I saying nonsense? 
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by emmatok(m): 8:49am On Apr 13, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Taking it personally?!?! You obviously need to go read this whole thread over because nothing about what I have written indicates that I'm taking it personally. Perhaps I should be asking you that question. Are you one of those older aged people who is trying to obtain a PhD?! You seem to have a habit of asking other people why they are taking things personally.

I don't know what "type" it is that you are referring to but you really need to check yourself. Because I asked a question doesn't mean I have an alternative motive here.

Yupp, pure jackass tongue

I totally agree about both parties being prepare. Chat's why I always carry a pack of condoms, both male and female]. Not that I'm walking around looking for sex, its just that if a situation arises, I wanna be prepared.

Well said!!! Like I was telling Nekai, you don't know how many women I see here who put a guy through school, wait for the guy while he's away, or put their needs aside for the sake of a guy, only to have the guy leave them. I'm not saying the guy is out to get her or set her up for failure but she really needs to guard herself financially, educationally, emotionally, and any other way possible.

And what about the wives of male lecturers? They're all happy and dandy when they husbands have no time for them abi?

lol, well now you know wink

lol, I know Africans are in Brooklyn. I'm one of them cheesy

Chai
, you live in the burbs. . . I'm so sorry to hear that lol j/k grin

Please tell me how many women does that at this age.

The Op can go for her PHD  but she really needs to create a balance between career and relationship, because getting a PHD is not that easy.

I see a lot people going about their careers forgetting that their relationships are also important.

But that Housewife aspect is a no go area .
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by InkedNerd(f): 9:18am On Apr 13, 2011
emmatok:

Please tell me how many women does that at this age.

The Op can go for her PHD  but she really needs to create a balance between career and relationship, because getting a PHD is not that easy.

I see a lot people going about their careers forgetting that their relationships are also important.

But that Housewife aspect is a no go area .

Believe it of not, there are women who still do that--maybe not in Naija but things like that still happen here. I've heard of stories of girls giving their financial aide money to guys or girls letting their boyfriend live with them meanwhile they guy is doing absolutely nothing with their life. Things like this still happen. My former bestfriend from high school, her mom put her idiȯt dad through school and once he finished school and she got pregnant the dumbass left her, married another woman, and started a family with the new woman.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by fstranger3(m): 9:22am On Apr 13, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Believe it of not, there are women who still do that--maybe not in Naija but things like that still happen here. I've heard of stories of girls giving their financial aide money to guys or girls letting their boyfriend live with them meanwhile they guy is doing absolutely nothing with their life. Things like this still happen. My former bestfriend from high school, her mom put her idiȯt dad through school and once he finished school and she got pregnant the dumbass left her, married another woman, and started a family with the new woman.

What about men putting their wives through school, nursing school especially, only for the wives to dump them afterwards.

Lets be fair here.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by InkedNerd(f): 9:40am On Apr 13, 2011
fstranger3:

What about men putting their wives through school, nursing school especially, only for the wives to dump them afterwards.

Lets be fair here.

Sweetie it goes both ways. I'm not just tootin' my horn for one team. Because I mentioned women doesn't mean I don't thin the same applies to men.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Natasha2(f): 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
Baby gal go for your PHD no one can stop me from having mine  wink If he truly loves you he should let you go for it.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by AmenJoan(f): 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
mojounited:

@OP, Is your fiance' a PHD holder? If no, maybe he might just not be cosy about marrying a wife that has a higher degree than him, no undecided If that's the case then i'm afraid to say your fiancé no sabi better thing. . .Oh, and about the shop thingy as a MSc holder, ShAaaaaada - of course, unless if all else fails. . .

He'd running a part time masters along with his job. He doesnt seem to be one who'd be intimidated by his wife getting a higher degree than him, but now that u mention it, am wondering if that's the case angry.
Maybe the next advice I'll seek will be what kind of shop to open embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After Saying No, Look At What She Sent To Me (advise) / My Neighbour's Wife Is Tempting Me- / See The Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.