Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,424 members, 7,836,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend (40482 Views)

As A Lady, Would You Accept Marriage Proposal From A Guy Living In This Room? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

See eh, I'm not in a good mood this eveningy and believe you me you wouldn't wana get bite of my today aggression. So abeg, lemme make I mad this mad in peace.
So your anger clouded your sense of judgement and you decided to come online and cancel comments that makes you feel triggered?.

You should have stuck with reading comments since you know your state of mind is very fragile.

If you are so angry drop your phone, locate the nearest wall and start punching. That is a better solution than comments you keep spewing out from your unstable mind.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by JOACHINpedro: 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
So your anger clouded your sense of judgement and you decided to come online and cancel comments that make you feel triggered?.

You should have stuck with reading comments since you know your state of mind is very fragile.

If you are so angry drop your phone and locate the nearest wall and start punching. That is a better solution than comments you keep spewing out from your unstable mind.
You're a trouble maker embarassed
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by RounDVisio(m): 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country

Follow this advice at your own peril... The person that is advising is not even married yet. Na so e easy reach na im she never marry the so called older men.

Truth be told, many men of today are not just into the idea of marriage anymore. At 60k salary, man!!! In this our current 9ja... That's tight. If he is interested in marriage at all, with your own addition, you can do a small intro and court wedding (if he is interested in marriage at all).
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by meobizy(f): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2021
It’s obvious that since OP hasn’t responded to the question of what she provides, we can rest assured it’s only her inner thighs.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by lushak(m): 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country

@Zzor, u won't kill someone with ur line of advice. Which one be u have resolved never to date a Nigerian man below 50 years as u presume they are dominantly struggling. I always follow ur comments and mostly they are mindboggling. I just laugh at this one as it appears to be the funniest...

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

You're a trouble maker embarassed
No you are. You quoted me first remember? .

Ok let me nicer, go listen to music,watch your favorite movie or eat chocolate if you can get one. Also remember to take in deep breaths and breath out slowly.

know that if you die today, whoever or whatever is making you angry will not be relevant to you.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by LINTUNE(m): 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
I don't have eyes for young men,I don't want to complicate someone's life,my comfort, security and happiness matters a lot to me
hmm.. alright..
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2021
lushak:

@Zzor, u won't kill someone with ur line of advice. Which one be u have resolved never to date a Nigerian man below 50 years as u presume they are dominantly struggling. I always follow ur comments and mostly they are mindboggling. I just laugh at this one as it appears to be the funniest...
Anything wrong with the comment?we all have our preferences and we make our own choices too

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Realhommie(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2021
justscorchone:
Na so women go talk say them go manage through thick and thin only to start complaining later, comparing you to your mates and shit
Hehehehe... I was just laughing reading that part, lol.

My sister called me yesterday and was telling me about one of her husband's extended family relation whose wife is frustrating now ehn, to the extent he's become a drunk.

His salary was 50k, the girl was working too and she was an angel, lol. Cajoled the bobo with loyalty and an overdose of sweetness, saying we'll manage and all. Now his 50k can't do nothing anymore coz they have a kid together who's a few months old. He's been borrowing to float his family and he's become a laughing stock to his in-laws. He's frustrated.

My sis was almost crying when she was telling me coz of how close this guy is to her husband. That the guy called her husband and was crying seriously, a mature man. But i blame him coz he gave in to pressure to get married.

No man should ever attempt to get married if he isn't financially stable, otherwise he'll struggle for life and it will take God's mercy to maybe liberate him. So forget all this "we'll manage, I'll manage" which they always say. Once you marry them and can no longer meet up to your responsibilities then respect goes out the window, you become a rag, your life becomes a living hell.

The dude is a very sensible dude with a good head over his shoulders, I like him for his stand. It's either she exercise more patience or move ahead rather than worry the young man for marriage.

11 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2021
RounDVisio:

Follow this advice at your own peril... The person that is advising is not even married yet. Na so e easy reach na im she never marry the so called older men.

Truth be told, many men of today are not just into the idea of marriage anymore. At 60k salary, man!!! In this our current 9ja... That's tight. If he is interested in marriage at all, with your own addition, you can do a small intro and court wedding (if he is interested in marriage at all).
If I want to get married soonest I will so don't deceive yourself with the rubbish you typed,e go shock una
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Lordbinsmar: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
Omo any time when I decide to marry naa a young damsel I go marry ooo, a young lady of at most 23years, all this evening newspapers naa confirm bad market, imagine a guy fu*king you for good eight years shocked shocked shocked shocked Your narrow way go don turn brt.

Please I beg you in God's name, just marry the guy make him carry him cross grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
LINTUNE:
hmm.. alright..
Hope I didn't break your heart lol
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
Marriage is not all life is about

Focus on building yourself first... have a personal vision and drive... if you find another person along the way you move on
If he happens to be ready then you marry

But don’t marry him because he’s available and you’re “running out of time”.... who gave you time table??

Focus on your personal life and all will fall in place

@abigail11

This is the best advice as regards this your case in my sincerest opinion.

My only addition is that your man should learn to be strategic in his approach, it's not money that makes people rich, strategy and source is the defining factor in wealth creation.

If he cannot manage 60K to give birth to more money, then more money is not what he needs to make more money. Hmmmm, this depends on him and not you, so I rest my case here.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by firstratedcitiz(m): 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
Bitter truth.
Perfectsouth:
she gave me like 5missed call this morning and was like, I only send money for upkeep and don't even call to check on them.. That I only call to talk to my kids whenever she is not at home...
This is someone that left when I Had financial issues,she no even look back.. She don roam the whole place and realized, men out there are only for the Bleep and not settling down.. She now wants to come back to me, the Boda ode she left..

Young woman, leave the man to decide hsi life.. You are only clamoring for proposal and thereafter wedding because you want to settle down cos age is no longer on your side..
After marriage and he is not doing OK, na una go still mount pressure on the poor man..

So many ladies of nowadays use marriage as a front.. Once they pitch their tent with a man, they now start coded runs because they know they have a home.
I thank God for opening my eyes cos I too suffer for woman hand..
Believe me, na married women fornicate pass..

Leave the young man to arrange and organize his life and don't distract him from becoming who he wants to be...
One thing I like about the male gender is,we are just like wine, the older, the better
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

It's you who don’t get my point. What if you don't have it?? What you do have to offer is marriage. In exchange she'd give you the support you need to build up yourself to satisfy her hypergamousness

Baba wats hypergamy in the first place??
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Chirowman(m): 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
Money matters marriage this days is not manageable but capital intensive.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by purples25(f): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2021
If he wants you and wants no one else to get you, he will snap you up no matter what it takes. A man that has his eye on a woman, have you seen him? He wastes no time. He is stubborn that "That is the one I want."

He will do whatever it takes, even if it means getting you pregnant, even if you yourself don't want. He will do all to make it happen. Okada riders and beggars get married too. They are stubborn to clinch that small girl they want in the house.

Watch him. When he sees the girl he wants, he will chase her mercilessly, he will become a romantic and do everything to sweep her off her feet and the moment she relaxes, its married.

If this guy has truly chosen you and his mind is with you, he would even do small traditional rites to make damn sure that you are not going anywhere. He is not serious and he wants to eat you without paying and he is enjoying you but he has not chosen you yet.

That is what boyfriend and girlfriend causes. Its a cheat code for guys to get their way for free.

7 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by stormborn28(m): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.
Chai..... Wahala wear Shokoto....Any relationship beyond two years is a SCAM....tell anybody say na STORMBORN talk....I am a man and I will never except a relationship beyond what I have stated reason why I discourage teenagers from dating.. You go just "Ku sibe" without any result...

OP your man is a liar...60k can do something for a start since you are still working...it is the free pvssy he has been banging that is making his head not to buy the cow....leave him and forge ahead.. Nonsense everywhere

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Jsaviour(f): 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?

Accept your mistake and errors and move on.

What on earth will a lady be doing with a guy for 8years without proper commitment?

Nigeria is hard so I don't blame the guy. The only issue I have with him is keeping you when he knows he is not ready.

Madam, wake up, dust yourself and look forward.

The more you want to stay because of 8 wasted years, the more wasted years you may add on top the 8.

If you are ready for marriage and he is not then leave him so God can bring someone else for you.

It's not easy but it's a choice you have to make or...

I wish you grace

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by JOACHINpedro: 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
No you are. You quoted me first remember?
Never knew it was you.

Ok let me nicer, go listen to music
This won't work as my head is banging so hard.
watch your favorite movie
Another suicide mission
Or Eat Chocolate
if you can get one

Nah I can't.
Also remember to take in deep breaths and breath out slowly.
Will try this one out★★

And remember,if you die today, whoever or whatever is making you angry will not be relevant to you.
And for the record, this is suicide motivational speech. Pls don't use it on anyone trying to end it.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

Never knew it was you.

This won't work as my head is banging so hard.

Another suicide mission

Nah I can't.

Will try this one out★★

And for the record, this is suicide motivational speech. Pls don't use it on anyone trying to end it.
Your anger your business. I owe you nothing,was only trying to be humane. Now go bang your head on a wall if you like ,last time i checked this thread is about a lady who's 8 years of her life is about to be wasted don't make it about you and your inconsequential anger.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:

You have a point though, but 50yrs old man. Hmmm, it is well.

But see as you just cast most young men, it is well ooo, everybody get starting point ooo, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Maduka Cosmos, Dangote Aliko - All these men their wife's played very key roles to how they came to the top, in those formative times and even helped some of them remain relevant after business.

For me I believe a woman should build with a man, if she comes after that formative years, she rarely if ever connects deeply with the man, she's more of an emotional object than a partner.

The Ops case is that her man is not ready, and I think that's his level of preparation in life, bkos more money doesn't make people rich, it's an idea problem her guy has and unfortunately she can't help him see what he doesn't want to see.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by festusforchrist: 7:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
My Sister quit the relationship because even if the guy eventually make all the millions he is talking about now, the possibility of him not marrying you is very high.

Quit now before he tells you he is no longer interested.

Write this statement somewhere, when you leave him, he will marry within a very short time because there is someone around him.

Our young brothers and sisters must hear these, any relationship you are into for more than five years and the relationship didn't lead to marriage, quit for this generation believe in today's pleasure than raising a family.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by JOACHINpedro: 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Your anger your business. I owe you nothing,was only trying to be humane. Now go bang your head on a wall if you like ,last te I checked this thread is about a lady who's 8 years of her life is about to be wasted.
Lol
Now you're boiling again.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by JOACHINpedro: 7:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Your anger your business. I owe you nothing,was only trying to be humane. Now go bang your head on a wall if you like ,last time i checked this thread is about a lady who's 8 years of her life is about to be wasted don't make it about you and your inconsequential anger.
I forgive you
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

Lol
Now you're boiling again.
finally a laugh. E be like say na iron hand you like.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Simplythebest: 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
Pls my dear sister allow the guy to hustle so that the guy will not die before his time cus 720k a year won't do anything cus only renting 2 bedroom flight in lagos that amount is gone for the whole year. Pls 60k a month is nothing and will never be enough for someone to get married onless u want that guy to suffer all his life.
Pls help the guy and advice him and encourage him more to hustle thats the best u can do for him.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Bmaster(m): 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
Op,I know you in person.

You are ngozi from nsukka in enugu state resides in onitsha and your into baking businesses.

Am right,right grin
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
No you are. You quoted me first remember? .

Ok let me nicer, go listen to music,watch your favorite movie or eat chocolate if you can get one. Also remember to take in deep breaths and breath out slowly.

know that if you die today, whoever or whatever is making you angry will not be relevant to you.
Two lovebirds : Joachinpedro and Wittyduchess. Started from disagreement now there are here
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by jaxxy(m): 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:

My problem is this:

Nobody shud keep anybody waiting indefinitely especially as a lady. If he can’t give a time frame for this then gradually start to widen ur options. I don’t know how gal sticks to one guy for 8years I know it happens bt it seems unbelievable to me. I can stick with a gal for that long when I know I’m not ready to take it to the next level. It’s ridiculous to me.

Also 60k is sufficient to get married with bt it depends on ur salary and ur planning. It’s risky, it may get tough or better.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Ronin1: 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:
Marriage has nothing to do with money. If you love someone see how you'd be eager to marry them, money or no money.
YOU HAVE KIDS WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD THEM!

Right, and we all know love to be blind and foolish, the mofo. Love doesn't put food on your table. "Have kids when you can afford them", really? And you're saying this to someone that wants to get married because it's getting late... yeah right!
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

I forgive you
You are excused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

She Made Me A Laughing Stock Today..... Am So Ashamed / Victoria Kimani: I Have Not Had Sex Since 2017, Now I Feel Like A Virgin / 10 Memes On The Trending Sex Doll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.