Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend (40477 Views)

As A Lady, Would You Accept Marriage Proposal From A Guy Living In This Room? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by UjuJoan2: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
frank950:

this is so funny, wahala for who is considering her hypergamy and femininity.

so wait, what will be her role in your life if she can't support you financial when need be......

we give ourselves too much burden in this short life. Always placing ourselves in an overreaching pedestal to maintain our ego.

If a woman renders financial support to you and feel she doesn't need to respect you because of that, you shouldn't be in a relationship with her at the first place....

I hope you are not the type that will collect money behind closed door and want to be worshipped in public as “Lord and Master”.

You guys need to pick a side, and stick with it.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Lomprico2: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country

why are you not earning 500k to complement with his 60k?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2021
Realhommie:
Hehehehe... I was just laughing reading that part, lol.

My sister called me yesterday and was telling me about one of her husband's extended family relation whose wife is frustrating now ehn, to the extent he's become a drunk.

His salary was 50k, the girl was working too and she was an angel, lol. Cajoled the bobo with loyalty and an overdose of sweetness, saying we'll manage and all. Now his 50k can't do nothing anymore coz they have a kid together who's a few months old. He's been borrowing to float his family and he's become a laughing stock to his in-laws. He's frustrated.

My sis was almost crying when she was telling me coz of how close this guy is to her husband. That the guy called her husband and was crying seriously, a mature man. But i blame him coz he gave in to pressure to get married.

No man should ever attempt to get married if he isn't financially stable, otherwise he'll struggle for life and it will take God's mercy to maybe liberate him. So forget all this "we'll manage, I'll manage" which they always say. Once you marry them and can no longer meet up to your responsibilities then respect goes out the window, you become a rag, your life becomes a living hell.

The dude is a very sensible dude with a good head over his shoulders, I like him for his stand. It's either she exercise more patience or move ahead rather than worry the young man for marriage.

"I'll manage with you", "we will manage",

Lori iro.

Run o

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by authority2006(m): 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2021
Draei:

E pass menopause.? Abegi!
There is still ample of time in this case.

And you think she should continue to take risk with that remaining "ample of time"? She graduated 8 years ago man! She needs to move on ASAP.
You asked for timetable, I gave you.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Mcslize: 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
IjawAboki007:
If you think time is not on your side
Break up with him and leave. No stress!

I really wish the girl I am dating right now will break up with me. I don't know where the relationship is heading.

And she has been reminding me she doesn't want to experience another heart break. I don't know what she meant by that. Hope she is not thinking I am her final bus stop?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by authority2006(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
UjuJoan2:

I hope you are not the type that will collect money behind closed door and want to be worshipped in public as “Lord and Master”.

Supporting or giving money to your husband shouldn't mean that you should not give him the respect he deserves now. This why many men couldn't entertain women assisting them financially

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Wittyglam(f): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
Have you tried talking to him? You should direct him to my YouTube channel I have a lot of video he should watch.
Check this out first and show him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWQo5U8iwE
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country
I don't like you anymore sad
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
purples25:
If he wants you and wants no one else to get you, he will snap you up no matter what it takes. A man that has his eye on a woman, have you seen him? He wastes no time. He is stubborn that "That is the one I want."

He will do whatever it takes, even if it means getting you pregnant, even if you yourself don't want. He will do all to make it happen. Okada riders and beggars get married too. They are stubborn to clinch that small girl they want in the house.

Watch him. When he sees the girl he wants, he will chase her mercilessly, he will become a romantic and do everything to sweep her off her feet and the moment she relaxes, its married.

If this guy has truly chosen you and his mind is with you, he would even do small traditional rites to make damn sure that you are not going anywhere. He is not serious and he wants to eat you without paying and he is enjoying you but he has not chosen you yet.

That is what boyfriend and girlfriend causes. Its a cheat code for guys to get their way for free.

"it's cheat code for guys"

are you insinuating that all women offer in relationship is "allowing themselves to be eaten....."

Like after the marriage, the only thing that can be rendered by the woman license to be eaten since due payment has been made.

the standard is so low in this part of the world.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Omacmykel(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
I think he is not ready,I a couple who their total income is 70k a month, with two lovely kids,love matters

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Eastcaostboy: 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
Zzor:
You are beginning to piss me off on this forum, respect yourself
Be a gangster, you don't have to say all you see
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
stormborn28:
Chai..... Wahala wear Shokoto....Any relationship beyond two years is a SCAM....tell anybody say na STORMBORN talk....I am a man and I will never except a relationship beyond what I have stated reason why I discourage teenagers from dating.. You go just "Ku sibe" without any result...

OP your man is a liar...60k can do something for a start since you are still working...it is the free pvssy he has been banging that is making his head not to buy the cow....leave him and forge ahead.. Nonsense everywhere

Marriage validates pvssy eating only.

Is there no other thing to offer bikonu.....
what about happiness, what about strategic planning by both parties, what about many other things.....

Wahala dey.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
UjuJoan2:

So your only definition of gaining respect in Marriage is the man solely providing financially in the family.

And the woman, being available at anytime to render sexual services. (let's not delve into the mutual enjoyment of this conjugal duty).

Like, you don't think there is more to marriage than these.....

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Eastcaostboy: 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
Mcslize:

I really wish the girl I am dating right now will break up with me. I don't know where the relationship is heading.

And she has been reminding me she doesn't want to experience another heart break. I don't know what she meant by that. Hope she is not thinking I am her final bus stop?
you are the only one that would answer yourself that question. The earlier the better

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2021
authority2006:

You didn't mention the most important piece of information: how old are you?
Break free from the guy, don't mind the number of years you have wasted with him. Give attention to new suitors. How is he going to make millions by doing 60k a month job? I got married with far less amount but discovered that crappy monthly salary wasn't the way at all.

so after your discovering, what did you do to elevate both of you financially??

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Hassanmaye(m): 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
[quote author=BlessedNuel post=99568625]Eeeheya.....dx matter get as e be

The person that will comment after me will surely have something to tell you.[/quote
] grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by authority2006(m): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2021
frank950:

so after your discovering, what did you do to elevate both of you financially??

We joined cooperative society, we obtained loan and I went into business.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Hatima: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.

The painful truth is, he doesn't want to marry you. People have gotten married earning less.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Hassanmaye(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

I like that part where you said "Married Women Fornicate pass"
Hmm why?
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
authority2006:

We joined cooperative society, we obtained loan and I went into business.

� �

Then your partner is lucky to have you.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Kingspin(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
Quietly, start looking for options now. Anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by bluefilm: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:

My problem is this:

In summary, you've been dating yourself the whole while without even realizing it.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Mcslize: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
Ronin1post=99577634:
60k is less than $150 and you'll live off of that monthly? shocked won't you have kids? shocked

You're right. That's about $135 at the rate of N450/$1.

Salary in this country is really low couple with the low value currency. But it's still better than being jobless.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Hatima: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
abigail11:

My problem is this:

Then again I'm sure you have already given him wife privileges so he is in no hurry unfortunately..8years?

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by frank950(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wittyduchess:
If the same guy were to impregnate someone else at this junction,he will gladly dump the op and marry the new lady. Hope you know that . undecided

I am just saying that the fact someone is pregnant for you doesn't make it mandatory that you must marry the person.

hope you know that.....

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2021
Most nigerian guys are as useless as this your yeye boyfriend avoid them like plague

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Realhommie(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
frank950:

"I'll manage with you", "we will manage",
Lori iro.
Run o
Hahahahaha...
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Realhommie(m): 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
laoludavid:

This should serve as lesson to upcoming husband that we should know the word 'I will cope with the little we have' is a statement from a desperate woman.

A man should know that the moment he marries, he didn't marry only the woman but his in laws too which will add to his responsibility no matter how small it is.

And truth be told 50k salary is very small to raise a family in Nigeria of today (especially if you come from a average family).

My average salary with bonus is around 50k and believe me I hardly have any saving (tho i have a side investment and a little boy). Things are hard and we need to be very pragmatic in our decision (especially marital decision).
Very well put, lots of sense brotherly.

And it's my sincere wish that your situation will turn around for the better. All the best.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

1. Precious Time
2. Other potential Opportunities
As in the case of the OP!

The relationship is undefined, meaning nothing prevents her from exploring and being open to other opportunities
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Kingstanding: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
[quote author=CSTRR post=99576976]
Leave him for who?

Who is the poor guy that want to marry a lady that has been in a committed relationship for 8 good years.?

Many marriages don't even last that long.[/quote. Lol. May God bless you. That lady has wasted her precious time on that guy. I can bet with you that guy had tired of her pussy. Had it been it was a relationship without sex that is still ok but I trust my naija guys they will never wasted their time on any girls without entering the hole. That lady should quit the relationship.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Mcslize: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
Eastcaostboy:
you are the only one that would answer yourself that question. The earlier the better

My Dad once advised me, when it comes to marriage, remove every form of sentiment. Marriage is different from relationship. So my answer is I am just in for the short time. But now she is making it looks like I am her final bus stop. I really don't want to keep her in the dark but the same time I don't want it seems like I am a heart breaker.

I find it hard breaking girls hearts. I want the relationship to die on its own. But how do I do that? If I snub her, it will look like I am turning a monster. Just imagine not replying her or picking her calls. I will feel like a bad person definitely.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2021
frank950:

I am just saying that the fact someone is pregnant for you doesn't make it mandatory that you must marry the person.

hope you know that.....
I am also letting you know there are exceptions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

She Made Me A Laughing Stock Today..... Am So Ashamed / Victoria Kimani: I Have Not Had Sex Since 2017, Now I Feel Like A Virgin / 10 Memes On The Trending Sex Doll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.