Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,482 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin (7486 Views)

Breaking News: Peter Obi Coordinator Alagoa Morris Join PDP / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 11:06am On Mar 14, 2021
Igboid:

When your lying father had to fabricate lies against Ndiigbo and pass down to you to fuel your Igbo hate, yes! The hate is real.

Why should a governor concentrate development in his hometown, was he elected governor of his hometown or of the entire state? You are not okay. Delta has produced the worst governors in Nigeria. Delta is a major oil producing state yet nothing to show for it. Ibori looted the state dry and thereafter installed his stooges (Uduaghan and Okowa) who has continued the looting. Look how developed Akwa Ibom is today with same crude oil money your useless leaders had embezzled.

If Igbo identity is easy to buy, tell Okowa to come and try his luck.
Amaechi Rotimi has been trying for years now only to be met with ridicule and bashing. You are ignorant if you think Ohaneze control Ndiigbo.

GEJ experiment is a big mistake that will ever repeat itself again.
Ameach,wike,okowa,ifeanyi emefiele,jonathan(with fake igbo name:azikiwe�) will buy the identity and re-identify as igbos when election done near may be from next year they will start buying igbo leaders.If them even contract me,here in nsukka I can help them do the work in student community.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 11:10am On Mar 14, 2021
Fejoku:

MAD like you used here is apt with proven enemies and not circumstantial denials. Issues of the 60s will not be used to judge today especially when theirs hope for remedy. For us, MAD in Nigeria only exist among Ndigbo and fulani (Including their staunch allies). The minorities around us despite their dislike/loathsomeness or (hate: not my choice word) don't have the MAD situation between us because there's room for improvement. You can't have such mindset all around you when you don't have control over your own territory. That's suicidal. Israel could only be in such relationship with her neighbours because he controlled her own territory and even at that, she was wise to know the boundaries of her claims at every given period. In the 1967 Arab/Israeli war, the Israelis after beating back the Arabs and capturing other new areas still strategically left the total capture of Jerusalem that's why that mosque still stands in that place. It was a strategic decision because they wouldn't be able to defend Jerusalem as at the time. But today, you can see how through Trump they've been able to colonize Jerusalem and to gradually restore her as a capital. Strategy and tact matters a lot. Most of these Ignorant groups are just blind to the reality of Nigeria. The day it will dawn on them, they will weep for their foolishness.

You don't really understand the mindset of these minorities. That's why you don't see them as enemies they are. You saw how Wike without any inhibition happily committed genocide in Obiigbo. You think that action came as impulse?

If you Belong to these minorities groups like I do. You wouldn't be surprised by Wike actions, and as you noticed, there was no condemnation of Wike actions by any Ikwerre body because he represents their default Igbophobic sentiments.
These lots, if they have nuke access, they will nuke Igboland without batting an eyelid, I'm not lying to you. They are not mere denials, they are real Enemies with raw hate towards us. If you don't consider them real threat to our existence after Wike gave us a tip of the iceberg, then I don't know what to tell you.
By the way, did you see Amaechi Rotimi, IPOB new Ikwerre sweet heart condemn Wike actions? grin He maintained golden silence which is assent.

The Hausa Fulani do not harbour any existential threat to us. They just want to politically subjugate us and they harbour same feeling towards everyone else. They really don't hate us.

But you see these minorities? Hmm! Egwu dikwa o!
Some of you don't understand the full severity of what we are up against. I have been a member of these minorities groups for 10years plus so I have had enough time studying them. I have added someone of them as friends and chatted them up to have better understanding of their intents and to monitor them closely. I doubt you know one bit of things I know about these minorities.

See the first strategy in winning a war is identifying your Enemies, and after extensive research, I have no doubt the correct tag to put on these minorities.

3 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 11:13am On Mar 14, 2021
Fejoku:

Hmmm... You're indirectly insulting Ndigbo. Anyway, thanks for giving us a heads-up against Okowa. We're watching him.
Hey bro not insult,but I want you guys to see the reality on ground.Okowa is my brother but he nor dey feed me,he is just a politician.But he love his tribe well.Unlike some governors who will forget their people.Okowa is the donald trump of delta state.Delta first then Ika second.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 11:13am On Mar 14, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Ameach,wike,okowa,ifeanyi emefiele,jonathan(with fake igbo name:azikiwe�) will buy the identity and re-identify as igbos when election done near may be from next year they will start buying igbo leaders.If them even contract me,here in nsukka I can help them do the work in student community.

It will not work. grin

I have remained anti Amaechi and Ikwerre and would remain anti Okowa and Ika.

I know you lots more than you know yourselves. If you like bring out money and share, boys will chop your money and clean mouth, but you will be reminded that you are not Igbo. grin
You might deceive few gullible IPOB people, but that's where it ends.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Hey bro not insult,but I want you guys to see the reality on ground.Okowa is my brother but he nor dey feed me,he is just a politician.But he love his tribe well.Unlike some governors who will forget their people.Okowa is the donald trump of delta state.Delta first then Ika second.
I got your message already. I do check up on other Ika YouTube channels so I already got a lot of information. Thanks for reinforcing it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 11:25am On Mar 14, 2021
Fejoku:

I got your message already. I do check up on other Ika YouTube channels so I already got a lot of information. Thanks for reinforcing it.
For me I think it is the time for southeast to rule,I don't hate you guys.But once okowa declare he want to run for president,Even if I am nolonger in Nigeria I will come to vote for him.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2021
Igboid:

You don't really understand the mindset of these minorities. That's why you don't see them as enemies they are. You saw how Wike without any inhibition happily committed genocide in Obiigbo. You think that action came as impulse?

If you Belong to these minorities groups like I do. You wouldn't be surprised by Wike actions, and as you noticed, there was no condemnation of Wike actions by any Ikwerre body because he represents their default Igbophobic sentiments.
These lots, if they have nuke access, they will nuke Igboland without batting an eyelid, I'm not lying to you. They are not mere denials, they are real Enemies with raw hate towards. If you don't consider them real threat to our existence after Wike gave us a tip of the iceberg, then I don't know what to tell you.

The Hausa Fulani do not harbour any existential threat to us. They just want to politically subjugate us and they harbour same feeling towards everyone else. They really don't hate us.

But you see these minorities? Hmm! Egwu dikwa o!

See the first strategy in winning a war is identifying your Enemies, and after extensive research, I have no doubt the correct tag to put on these minorities.
I see it from another perspective. I agree with you to the degree of damage an average Ikwerre suffering Igbophobia can do but if asked what he stands to gain from such you'll be surprised that he'll have no answer which is quite different from what a fulani will do if asked a similar question. That's to tell you that the hatred is borne out of unsubstantiated stories and as such can be deconstructed. Contrary to your expectation, we're not oblivious of such I'll feelings from those quarters and we are not unprepared to return worst treatment for every action against our people from any quarter. We simply will not make it priority in the face of the catastrophy at present in Nigeria. Every wise man has a plan B. Wike has shown his hand and will answer for it. Other Ikwerres will learn from him. Everybody in Nigeria knows his crime against Ndigbo so there's no room for any false story tomorrow.
You're dreaming if you think the fulanis are only after subjugation. Like I said earlier, you clearly don't see the bigger picture.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 11:33am On Mar 14, 2021
Sufferingboy:

For me I think it is the time for southeast to rule,I don't hate you guys.But once okowa declare he want to run for president,Even if I am nolonger in Nigeria I will come to vote for him.
Thanks for being truthful. Such helps us to understand one another better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2021
Fejoku:

Thanks for being truthful. Such helps us to understand one another better.
Thank brother happy sunday,I hope you go church today?
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fejoku:

I see it from another perspective. I agree with you to the degree of damage an average Ikwerre suffering Igbophobia can do but if asked what he stands to gain from such you'll be surprised that he'll have no answer which is quite different from what a fulani will do if asked a similar question. That's to tell you that the hatred is borne out of unsubstantiated stories and as such can be deconstructed. Contrary to your expectation, we're not oblivious of such I'll feelings from those quarters and we are not unprepared to return worst treatment for every action against our people from any quarter. We simply will not make it priority in the face of the catastrophy at present in Nigeria. Every wise man has a plan B. Wike has shown his hand and will answer for it. Other Ikwerres will learn from him. Everybody in Nigeria knows his crime against Ndigbo so there's no room for any false story tomorrow.
You're dreaming if you think the fulanis are only after subjugation. Like I said earlier, you clearly don't see the bigger picture.

I think it is safe to say that we have reached an impasse. At this point, we can only agree to disagree.

Fulani are not Igbo enemies. Nope! Their agenda is not targeted towards Ndiigbo . It is targeted towards everyone else.
Our REAL enemies are down south and they are minorities. These lots have agendas targeted specifically towards us,and would exploit our continued antagonism towards Fulanis to achieve their agenda. We need to restrategize.
Between the Fulanis and minorities, the Fulanis are lesser evil.

But like I said, I can only be a voice in the wilderness crying. But in time, every Igbo will come to see what the likes of Ekwueme saw.
I just hope the damage to us will not be irreversible by then.

#Udo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Rodwave: 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Igboid:
The part affected most is the Ndoki communities in Oyiigbo LGA of Rivers state.

Ohaneze Ndiigbo did well appointing an Ndoki Son Ambassador Emuchay Okechukwu as the new Secretary General of the organization.

But they need to do more. The Ohaneze Youth branch should be in charge of this project. There should be grassroot sensitization and mobilization of Igbo youths in these border communities such as Ndoki. Ohanaeze should be proactive in stamping their presence in these communities by having regular meetings with their Ezes, doing some small projects here and there in these communities to keep them in line.

Ohanaeze can do things like community water project, and stamp it with a big sign post of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo sponsored. Renovation and equipment of carefully selected public community primary and secondary schools in these communities and as usually stamping a big sign board marking it as Ohanaeze Ndiigbo sponsored project there.
Helping fund their local Christmas community football tournament and making sure the youths know that its Ohaneze Ndiigbo sponsoring it.

A child growing up in these border Igbo communities MUST be made to grow up seeing Ohaneze Ndiigbo sponsored projects all around him.

This should be replicated in those Igbo frontier communities with Igala, Ijaw, Idoma, Ibibio/Annang, Edo.

Stop making noise here. Join ọhaneze ndị whatever and carry out all these your plans. You guys talk too much on the Internet and do too little on the ground. Wetin sef
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Rodwave: 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
goatgoat093:

This is where we should use the ESN operatives to do some dirty work of locating those bastards who call themselves Ezes in our midst selling out and do the needful to them...we seriously need to bring this up in every Igbo cultural groups and associations available out there so we can raise the awareness and act fast (and if need be with violence). Enough is enough of this insult.

Shut up. ESN is not silly things like this. You guys better be careful.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Ndokwagirl(f): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
Igboid in as much as you're making some sense here but that did not give you the right to insult ndokwa nation because of few outdated elements on Facebook. Is the ones on Facebook the whole population of ndokwa?

Ukwuani by ala eze Facebook page is an open forum that everyone can belong and type nonsense. If you can say the truth here you will agree with me that 80% of people on that Facebook page defend their igboness while only 20% reject the teg. The issue of identity crisis in ndokwa nation is on low now even the Benin history has no base in ndokwa nation now.
I am proud Igbo girl from ndokwa and we have many of Anioma youth both from ika down to ndokwa that are proud Igbo.

In our Anioma youth forum the only Anioma youth forum that represent Anioma youth worldwide almost 90% of us know our Igbo identity. Only few outdated Anioma people who hasn't travel down to east will say otherwise. Ndokwa nation are Igbo we have many Igbo's from east here in ndokwa and we have never had any misunderstanding with them because we see them as part of us.

Please with duo respect stop putting ikwerri and ndokwa on the same page because we are not.All our Igbo identity are still with us we didn't change any even ika people too but ikwerre added (R) to their names.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by powerhouse3(m): 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
igboid ,will talk about the mistake the made voting GEJ,....and I will ask you,... which tribe was the biggest beneficiary in GEJ government?

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by BKayy: 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
How you guys give attention to this Ika boy ( sufferingboy) is embarrassing.
Ekealterego, Igboid and Co just ignore the inconsequential fellow.
Its not like there is anything Ika will offer Igbo nation. They should just focus on surviving like they always do.
If he has questions, he should direct it to their Ika page or go to Bini page. This thread is supposed to be for Ndoki and Igbo down south that add value not some inconsequential people at the extreme west.
He should stop throwing his Ika self on our faces.
Lets be guided please

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Collyweed: 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ndokwagirl:
Igboid in as much as you're making some sense here but that did not give you the right to insult ndokwa nation because of few outdated elements on Facebook. Is the ones on Facebook the whole population of ndokwa?

Ukwuani by ala eze Facebook page is an open forum that everyone can belong and type nonsense. If you can say the truth here you will agree with me that 80% of people on that Facebook page defend their igboness while only 20% reject the teg. The issue of identity crisis in ndokwa nation is on low now even the Benin history has no base in ndokwa nation now.
I am proud Igbo girl from ndokwa and we have many of Anioma youth both from ika down to ndokwa that are proud Igbo.

In our Anioma youth forum the only Anioma youth forum that represent Anioma youth worldwide almost 90% of us know our Igbo identity. Only few outdated Anioma people who hasn't travel down to east will say otherwise. Ndokwa nation are Igbo we have many Igbo's from east here in ndokwa and we have never had any misunderstanding with them because we see them as part of us.

Please with duo respect stop putting ikwerri and ndokwa on the same page because we are not.All our Igbo identity are still with us we didn't change any even ika people too but ikwerre added (R) to their names.

How’re we sure you’re really Ndokwa. Anyone can answer Ndokwa girl and start making claims. Next , another Ndokwa person would come, not only denying Igbo but also insulting all Igbos.

Sorry, we don’t need your distractions. At this point we really don’t care one way or the other.

4 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by ChangedMan1999(m): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
BKayy:
[s]How you guys give attention to this Ika boy ( sufferingboy) is embarrassing.
Its not like there is anything Ika will offer Igbo nation. They should just focus on surviving like they always do.
If he has questions, he should direct it to their Ika page or go to Bini page. This thread is supposed to be for Ndoki and Igbo down south that add value not some inconsequential people at the extreme west.
Lets be guided please[/s]

You and that boy called Alexbells brings shame to Ndigbo.

If the two of you could be banned, I will be happy.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by BKayy: 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

A hater of the Igbo nation can never have what makes him happy.
If silencing me on this forum will be your ultimate happiness then you will most likely fulfill your life on Earth without tasting it.
Thank you
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by ChangedMan1999(m): 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
BKayy:

[s]A hater of the Igbo nation can never have what makes him happy.
If silencing me on this forum will be your ultimate happiness then you will most likely fulfill your life on Earth without tasting it.
Thank you [/s]

I have been observing you here and I found out all your comments put Ndigbo in bad light.

You and Alexbells should take a break from Nairaland for 3 years.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by AlexBells(m): 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Biko, Onye ka Ibu, Oburu na ifuru onwe gi na Anya, kupulum, gbado anya no onwe gi, biko asikwalanam agwarogi, mana isikwa na ishi juru gi, tuo down na Enugu, Leave us alone, every Igbo must not be the way you expect, live your life and let the true Igbos live theirs

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by ChangedMan1999(m): 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2021
AlexBells:

Biko, Onye ka Ibu, Oburu na ifuru onwe gi na Anya, kupulum, gbado anya no onwe gi, biko asikwalanam agwarogi, mana isikwa na ishi juru gi, tuo down na Enugu, Leave us alone, every Igbo must not be the way you expect, live your life and let the true Igbos live theirs

Meshie onu.

Make way for Igboid to enlighten our IPOB brothers.

You and Bkayy don't need to spoil this post with insults and useless conspiracy theories

If someone tells you that he is from Ika and he is not Igbo kupuru ya. You must not insult him, and thereby make non Ndigbo to see us as bitter and hate filled people.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
BKayy:
How you guys give attention to this Ika boy ( sufferingboy) is embarrassing.
Lets be guided please
It is not all about what Ika can offer or not. It's all about sociocultural integrity and historical fraternity. Whether any group of Igbos are found in the desert, we will still seek to unite with them especially when our lands are contiguous. Personally, I prefer outspoken people irrespective of how tasteless their opinions may be. It helps to put such people in the right category. Allow them to speak their minds as long as they don't come with insults, it's fine with me.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
powerhouse3:
igboid ,will talk about the mistake the made voting GEJ,....and I will ask you,... which tribe was the biggest beneficiary in GEJ government?
Don't mind him.
The biggest beneficiary is certainly the fulanis but it doesn't mean Ndigbo did not benefit in one way or the other. The only project GEJ started and completed in the SE is the Enugu International Airport. He didn't do any other worthy infrastructural development in the region. When is comes to political appointments, then you can say the SE benefited much which to an average SEners doesn't carry much punch. We prefer investments that can be seen and felt more than political appointments.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by AlexBells(m): 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Meshie onu.

Make way for Igboid to enlighten our IPOB brothers.

You and Bkayy don't need to spoil this post with insults and useless conspiracy theories

If someone tells you that he is from Ika and he is not Igbo kupuru ya. You must not insult him, and thereby make non Ndigbo to see us as bitter and hate filled people.

What do you mean if someone from Ika, I said Ika and Ikwerre would get referendum if they want To be part of AlaIgbo republic or not, homogenous Biafra or AlaIgbo Republic or Nigeria should remain, I hope you grab the Message, AlaIgbo is enough, We don't want Niger Delta, only the Igboid in Niger Delta and we won't even beg them, whether they join or not is their choice and it makes no difference
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ndokwagirl:

The identity crisis plaguing Ndokwas is quite painful to see and a good number of people from that axis don't bother to study history for clarity, rather they prefer to follow the Igbo phobic tales of their neighbours to denigrate their fellow Igbo people. We from the SE have been bearing the brunt mostly for all these years from all quarters yet we didn't budge. It's more painful when you claim fraternity from a supposed brother but without any consideration, that brother will openly throw you under the bus just so he can be seen in another light by our haters. The situation has seen a lot of people from the SE at present calling for abandoning such brotherliness and working with those who confidently identify with us. They earlier NdeUkwuani wake up and draw the curtain on this identity crisis, the better for them. We might understand if such was the story in days of ignorance but as for today where information is readily at everyone's finger tip, such nonesense won't be tolerated anymore. There's one popular moderator here from Ndokwa who doesn't waste time to cast aspersions on Ndigbo. Having tolerated such nonesense for long, some of has drawn the curtain on such personalities and will gladly cast her in the gutters if the situation presents itself because there's no doubt that she would do such if she finds herself in that position. The earlier such foolishness are dealt with the better for us all.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by powerhouse3(m): 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fejoku:

Don't mind him.
The biggest beneficiary is certainly the fulanis but it doesn't mean Ndigbo did not benefit in one way or the other. The only project GEJ started and completed in the SE is the Enugu International Airport. He didn't do any other worthy infrastructural development in the region. When is comes to political appointments, then you can say the SE benefited much which to an average SEners doesn't carry much punch. We prefer investments that can be seen and felt more than political appointments.
.....No other worthy infrastructure.... during GEJ ,....but when appointment are made ,smart individual know that charity begins at home...

As corrupt as buratai his,he was smart to establish military university in his home state...

It's was after enough outpour that Amaechi decide to include river state in a modern rail ,and even when he include his state ,he opt for the narrow one...

but fashola is doing wonder in his region per road network.....

Anyim was the SSG under jonathan,....what did he do ,even to his state Ebonyi....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by powerhouse3(m): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fejoku:

Don't mind him.
.....No other worthy infrastructure.... during GEJ ,....but when appointment are made ,smart individual know that charity begins at home...

As corrupt as buratai his,he was smart to establish military university in his home state...

It's was after enough outpour that Amaechi decide to include river state in a modern rail ,and even when he include his state ,he opt for the narrow one...

Anyim was the SSG under jonathan,....what did he do ,even to his state Ebonyi....

But now igboid is show casing his hatred towards the minority because not all agreed with his stance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by obosi2028(m): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
Please let their peace I our land.

Igboid:
UNDERSTANDING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ASA AND NDOKI AND THEIR HISTORY AND ORIGIN

The Ukwa homeland in recent years has become a center of dispute, controversy and land grabbing between the Igbo and the Ijaw on one hand and the igbo and the Ogoni on the other.

The Asa, Ndoki and Omuma(now part of Echie) were referred to as Ndi Ukwa by their neighbors to the North the Ngwa, their lands extends into Rivers State and so has been a source of dispute between igbo and Ijaw about the identity of the Ndoki in particular.

THE ASA

The Asa were the first group to inhabit that area they currently reside,
They originated down further South towards the creeks,
the Asa were one of the authoctonous groups related to the Ekpeye(also related to the groups who were also aboriginals of Ikwerre area) and spoke a similar dialect. They were long settled along the creeks and swamps close to the coasts, they were proficient in Forestry and we're skilled farmers and lumberjacks.

The Westward expansion of the Ijaw in the late periods brought the Asa into contacts with the Okirika, they were the aboriginals to the area around Abuloma before the Okirika came. The extension of Tai and Gokana(Ogoni) migration into the region that became Eleme brought them into confrontation with Asa groups.

Ogoni reports that the authoctonous groups they encountered at Eleme were proficient and very successful yam farmers, very skilled in Forestry and had big mounds, they were organized into small farming villages headed by yam kings.

The Ogoni referred to the Asa who were their neighbors as the "Pya Saga" or the saga people,
It means "the slashers" in reference to a particular skill the Asa excelled in, they were very hardworking and good in felling trees and clearing virgin forests which abounded in the area, the ever more expanding Ogoni this enlisted the services of Asa labourers to clear more land for farming and settlement.

The Asa as this shows were proficient in Iron technology but were a peaceful and docile people, they were not warlike in nature.

The Asa earlier had settled the Virgin Forests beyond the Imo River all the way up to where Modern day Aba and Ugwunagbo lies, (The Asa are the aboriginals of Aba South and Ugwunagbo) With Okirika and Ogoni expansion the Asa were pushed up further North towards Obigbo.

Sometime in the 17th century, the Ngwa began a series of land hungry and grabbing sweep Southwards bringing them into conflict with the Asa, that's what brought the Ngwa into the Aba and Obi Ngwa area in the first place, the Asa being peaceful people some migrated but many remained with the Ngwa groups, they intermarried and mingled together especially the groups at Ugwunagbo which are still largely of Asa heritage.
The Asa despite the tragedies went back to what they did best, the Ngwa employed them to clearing forests and creating farmlands and settlements, they called them Ndi Asia osisi (tree slashers) which is how the name Asa came about.

Asa groups extends from Ugwunagbo down to Ukwa West and Obigbo,
They are divided into 3 clans, the Oza, Ipu, and asa, with a 4th clan Ohuru-na-mkporobo which is currently under Ndoki but are Asa people, (Mkporobo came from Asa-Umunka in current day Ugwunagbo)
The Asa dialect is somewhat intermediary between Ikwerre and Ngwa, e.g house is Uro, water is mini, father is teete, and the rest.

THE NDOKI

Alagoa is a historian I have respect for, his rich knowledge and talented way of penning his thoughts, he was a skilled writer, he was an Ijaw Nationalist and like many Nigerian historians he gave in sentiments and politics
He may not at first have had designs on the Ndoki, but subsequent developments necessasitated it. You see in his pan Ijaw-ism, Alagoa had released a book detailing Ijaw history and Origins in which he highly exaggerated the Ijaw element in Bonny and passed Bonny as one of the major Ijaw towns, it was not received well in the scholarly world, it was major consensus that Ibani had migrated to their current location from Ndoki and what ever Ijawness there was in Bonny was via assimilation, so how can a people who.migrated from the igbo hinterland be Ijaw, this loophole sent Alagoa back to his burrow where he edited his work and did what Ijaw historians did best, he edited and exaggerated his way through Ndoki history and turned them into Ijaws overnight,

One thing I give Alagoa credit for is that prior to his Ijaw nationalism, Ijaw clans were equally as crazed with Benin origin as many of the Western Igbo, Alagoa's movement crushed it amongst the Ijaws. You see the Ndoki's equally had a tradition tracing their origin to Benin(albeit misconstrued history) and there is a reason for this tradition you will understand why.
Alagoa in his book states that the Ndoki left from Ijaw land around the Sagbama area to make it to their current location.

But whether Benin or Sagbama there is one place where the two accounts agree on, the Ndoki left from Oguta and settlements along the Niger, all the areas meantioned such as Ndoni, Atissa, Onya, these are all traditionally Oru-Igbo areas in the past, since they came from Oru (Oguta) they went to Umunoha and from there to Isuama before making it to Imo River, they eventually settled first at Umuagbayi and then pushed up into Annang country around the Azumini River,

The reason for this Benin tradition is very obvious, they came from an area around Oguta with a long standing relationship with Benin, a lot of Benin tales and Benin influence, so they probably went with such tales, but since their trail cannot be traced beyond Oguta, it is glaring that Ndoki are an Oru(Ogbashu) people who went Eastwards from the Niger, any story of their origin from Bayelsa are concocted lies.
The Oru origin of the Ndoki is very evident in their riverine culture despite the fact that they have mixed with Asa, Ngwa, and Annang to produce the blend of culture and language they have today, but the Ndoki remained fearless seafarers, the Riverine was what made them despite living inland to venture to the open seas following the course of the Imo River, it is this sojourn that took them to Bonny Island, where they soon started settling on mass, it is not clear if they met small Ijaw fishing camps already domiciled there or if the Ijaw groups came later, but we equally cannot deny the Ijaw element in Bonny,
However it is worth noting that the Ijaw expansion into the Eastern Niger Delta is pretty recent at least 18th century.

The wading of the Ndoki into the creeks and Open Sea brought them in contact with the Ijaw houses who were expanding Eastwards, cross Cultural exchanges took place with exchange of wives, slaves, goods etc, even Ndoki land served as refuge for Ijaw fleeing their many protracted wars which is how Ijaw influences diffused into Ndoki land,
The Ndoki dominated trade up and down the Imo River(this was before the rise of Opobo) in a much similar way to how Aboh, Ossomari and Oguta ran trade on the Niger. The Ndoki dialect still bears some similarities and names with the Ogbashu at the Niger.

The Nwaotam masquerade originated from Ndoki from there travelled to Bonny and then Opobo... It is still a major part of these three communities.

Ndoki is made up of the following clans, Umuihueze, Ikwuriator, Obohia, Ikwueze, Umuokobo and ika-na-annang (remnants of Annang people from abak and ika who settled in Ndoki) and Oha Obu currently in Akwa Ibom State.

The Umuihueze group which includes the famous town of Akwete is trace their descent from one Ihu son of Eze, they common meeting place was at Obunku and their sacred juju is known as Ogu

The Ikwuriator group settled around the Azumini creeks trace their line of descent from Kwokwo Eze another son of Eze, their common juju or deity is known as Ajamaja

Obohia is descended from iloko another son of Eze.

Ikwueke did not have a common ancestor but comprises of people who came together for a common interest and security,
Their common meeting place was Eti and they had a central juju or deity known as Ariaga.

Umuokobo traces their descent to Okobo one of the original settlers at UmuAgbayi, they do not go to war on Eke day.
Ohanku was founded by Abam migrants while Ohambele had its origin in Ibeme clan.

Ibeme clan which is one of the largest clans in Obi Ngwa are an Ndoki people, they were once under Azumini courts before in colonial times but for some reason in 1945 were carved into Okpuala Ngwa district court and during the creation of Local Governments they were ceded to Ngwa, However they still maintain cultural and linguistic links with Ndoki
Ibeme is made up of four sub clans, Ibeme, Abala, Oberete-Isiala and Abala Nkamiri

Akwete as a town became famous of its textile industry and was famously patronized by most Ijaw towns in the creeks, the cloth they produce is known as akuraku and Ikaki Ibite.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
Igboid:

I think it is safe to say that we have reached an impasse. At this point, we can only agree to disagree.

Fulani are not Igbo enemies. Nope! Their agenda is not targeted towards Ndiigbo . It is targeted towards everyone else.
Our REAL enemies are down south and they are minorities. These lots have agendas targeted specifically towards us,and would exploit our continued antagonism towards Fulanis to achieve their agenda. We need to restrategize.
Between the Fulanis and minorities, the Fulanis are lesser evil.

But like I said, I can only be a voice in the wilderness crying. But in time, every Igbo will come to see what the likes of Ekwueme saw.
I just hope the damage to us will not be irreversible by then.

#Udo.
Let me clear you on the real problem down south. If we settle that problem, all other things can be fixed easily. That problem is the Ijaw problem. The Ijaws have been hating on Ndigbo for over a hundred years and the truth is the source of such hatred cannot really be justified. Igbophobia among the Igbo and Igboid of Rivers State can be traced to the Ijaw problem. Try and read up about the early politics of PH in the 1920s/30s to see that all was well in those areas except the Ijaw hatred. This is why I don't take any of the Igbo/Igboid bitterness to heart as I would do to a mortal enemy.
The Akwa/Cross people despite a plethora of tiny outbursts here and there are not among those we consider our enemies any day. I believe you will agree with me on this. The Urhobo/Isokos are a different set that I won't want to discuss for now except you insist on it.
Back to the Ijaws... Everyone knows that Eastern Ijawland specifically those in the Kalabari areas where all formed in the 1800s. This shows that those places were by and large uninhabited Igbo territories which only developed when Ijaw fishermen from Brass area came to fish. With the slave trade and palm oil trade growing, they decided to settle on those lands and because most of the fishing contingents we're young men, they mostly sought for wives among Igbos. No one harrassed them and the number of settlement grew. Efiks equally came to swell the number in those Kalabari area hence the name 'kalabari' derived from Calabar. Unknown to Igbos, these Ijaws view them in a negative light inspite of the hospitality they enjoyed from a larger group. If Igbos had attacked them those days, they would have fled back to the brass area from where they came. Majority of the wealth the Ijaw groups in Rivers enjoyed during those days was derived from their association with Igbos. The hatred started to manifest when slave trade ended and oil palm trade picked up in earnest. As the Europeans left the coasts and ventured inland, that spelt the doom for the economy of those Ijaws and the best way they could respond to it was to hate Ndigbo. Today they have oil yet the hatred never stopped imagine how tomorrow will be when the oil stops flowing. The strategic ones among them know that it is best in their interest to make peace with Ndigbo but the foolish ones think otherwise. We on the other hand gain nothing hating on the Ijaws. This doesn't mean we must not keep in check their shenanigans. We can do so by excelling and building our home ahead of others. In due time they will give up on such hatred. Imagine having a blue print of Igboland with all her constituent parts be designated with a particular function and being built to that effect! What story will an Ijaw tell any group that will make them listen to such tales? Let's build our house first, that will take care of all the land grabbers around. This is far better than harbouring hatred for a group of better neighbours.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
powerhouse3:

But now igboid is show casing his hatred towards the minority because not all agreed with his stance
Doesn't it confirm what I wrote?
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fejoku:

Don't mind him.
Gej completed the Alaoji power plant in aba and a flyover bridge somewhere else. Rochas hindered the completion of the egbema power plant (it's turbines are still in a container somewhere)
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
This thread still dey? One love everyone.Happy sunday,jollof rice go dey ready this evening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Subsidy Removal: Yobe Govt. Distributes Palliatives To 500 Vulnerables / Multiple Tanker Accident At Lagos/Ibadan Expressway. 5 Killed / 'you Are Blessed To Be White'-victoria Pepple of STV To 'white Nigerian'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.