Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? (12516 Views)

Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Ben Bruce: Buhari Showing Signs Of Helplessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by 1953truth: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yes Diligence, divine victory did actually hand over victory to Goodluck Jonathan.

What an AWESOME GOD!

The Truth Must Prevail
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by armyofone(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
someone please give me a sum of it! who won?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by niceone3(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
at poster,
GEJ emerging as the winner of the just concluded election is a collective efforts of voters from different geopolitical zones and i don't think the SW region votes in particular did swing the votes in favour of GEJ cos he could still win without the six SW states since he could still easily meet d 25% votes of 2/3 of the states and FCT (he currently holds at least 25% of votes cast in 33 states as well as d FCT ) so you can do the simple maths of what would be if all the SW states had not voted for GEJ. also, when we talk about the vote count d almost 10m+ votes lead by GEJ can hardly be overturn by any single geopolitical zone. so i think u are entirely wrong
imo, i think it is better to look at GEJ victory as a collective wish of Nigerian as the vote spread suggests rather than looking at it on a ethno-religious lens txs.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by vicenzo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
:p
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by vicenzo(m): 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

This was a SS victory. . . . if we should be concerned abt any opinion, it would be the Ijaws.

Interesting.

yeah its a victory for the south- south which ikwerre,etche,onelga,obigbo,anioma,some ndoki communities in akwa ibom are part of,yeah its a victory for south- south grin
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by DeeDee11: 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
People should stop blaming ACN, TINUBU, FASHOLA, AKANDE, LAI n co.
The main aim of the failed alliance is to put resources together to counter the ruling party (pdp) with access to excess tax payers(our) fund.

Yes, no doubt ACN plays a neutral role by not mobilising their supporters but come to think of it,it is obvious ACN cant win the presidential election, the only possible outcome is run-off(rerun) so why should they waste their resources twice with low probability of winning?It is evident from the low turn-out in SW where less than 30% of registered voters voted for the presidential election.

I think ACN are saving their little resources for the governorship election which is near, where ACN candidates has better chances of winning in the southwest and some other parts of the country like Benue, Akwa Ibom et al.
Do anybody have the idea of how much politicians spend for party agents and mobilisation?

Why can't RIBADU win his own polling unit, ward, local govt upto his state(Adamawa)?
Same thing apply to PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE CPC,i can recall he said CPC would swept SOUTHWEST without ACN.

To me over-ambition killed Ribadu chances, he should have started with senate since he's a lawyer.
Same apply to Tunde Bakare, both are lawyer and would serve this great nation better as senate 4 a start.

As Tinubu rightly said politics is about give and take.UK & US are typical example.In UK liberal democrats with 57seats produce the current deputy prime minister(Nick) while conservative with 306seats produce prime minister(Camron).Recently In US Obama prevented government shutdown by compromising with Republican regarding cuts in US budgets.

Buhari n Bakare(cpc) doesnt want to lose anything yet they wanted to win SW.it doesnt work that way,now they are crying foul when they've lost.

ACN are right 4 asking 4 a sign agreement, once bitten twice shy.Do u think AD would have varnish today if there was written agreement btw obasanjo and the yesterdays AD governors?Also do u think PDP zoning would have varnish today if there was written agreement btw Obasanjo and the north?

Personally, i do not believe in the figures from SS & SE, its kinda not realistic but it is possible since the figure doesnt exceeds number of registered voters in that zone.INEC should take note against future elections.Also the issue of under-age voters in north, INEC &security agents can do better.INEC should also take note of political campaign funds and money spent during electioneering,this is one of the reason majority of our elected officers fails.

Now that our votes seems to counts, Lets hope for the best under whichever elected governments and if no improvement,then we can use the power of our votes to vote them all out irrespective of their party , whether ACN, PDP, LP, APGA or CPC in the next election.

May God bless us all.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by emmatok(m): 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
As it stands now the PDP is loosing Nigeria .

The  North is going to CPC, while South West will go for ACN. PDP will be limited to the SS & SE.

How i which APGA can take over the SE.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Atila1(f): 6:27am On Apr 19, 2011
did d sw vote 4 Jonathan? NO!
Are d yorubas d only tribe residing in d sw? NO
who voted 4 Jonathan? Other tribes n geopolitical zones residing in d sw. The SOUTH EAST, SOUTH SOUTH, MIDDLE BELT, NORTHERN CHRISTIANS!
In lagos, 6 mil registered, 2 mil voted. Wat happened 2 4 mil people? It was d same in all sw states.
D sw was divided bw ribadu n those who decided 2 sit at home!
Sw never voted Jonathan!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by step1: 6:32am On Apr 19, 2011
Atila1:

did d sw vote 4 Jonathan? NO!
Are d yorubas d only tribe residing in d sw? NO
who voted 4 Jonathan? Other tribes n geopolitical zones residing in d sw. The SOUTH EAST, SOUTH SOUTH, MIDDLE BELT, NORTHERN CHRISTIANS!
In lagos, 6 mil registered, 2 mil voted. Wat happened 2 4 mil people? It was d same in all sw states.
D sw was divided bw ribadu n those who decided 2 sit at home!
Sw never voted Jonathan!

You people should please stop saying rubbish. I am yoruba living in lagos and i voted jonathan so did my family and millions of others. So do more research befor you post
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Sensicut(m): 6:35am On Apr 19, 2011
No yoruba no nigeria three gbosa for yoruba land god bless us god bless nigeria
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by ariy(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2011
igbo boy:

me too am happy that a happy yoruba nation is forming too, a united family against bankole, a united family againstg iyabo, cos a united yoruba means less corruption in Nigeria, hip hip hurray cool

it is getting clearer to me, that people voted either for 1. performance continuity, which will benefit gej and brf, 2. change , against the perfidy of the pdp, which killed the oyinlolas, omisores, obasanjo-bellos and the akinjides. it is not all about intra-party strife
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Atila1(f): 8:22am On Apr 19, 2011
so how did ur less than 10 percent vote make GEJ win??
In most of d SE, SS states GEJ had over 90 percent of votes cast.
U guys, sw r d ones talking rubbish! D votes of d few of u was less dan a drop in an ocean so amts 2 nothing!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by koyuid(m): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2011
A pyrrhic victory for PDP? time will tell?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by koyuid(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2011
I hope you guys will not regret what you have done cos everybody seem to have forgoten that GEJ is still in PDP! AND THE PILLAGING PILFRING AND PLUNDERING WILL STILL CONTINUE!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by rikaslika: 9:52am On Apr 20, 2011
i was going thru most of the comments posted n i realise that most western pple r saying they r d less tribalistic one's, if u guys did nt vote GEJ he wld still win cos he is d 1 God has chosen to rule Nigeria for the next 4 yrs, dn't think u guys made anytin happen cos some southerners also voted for Buhari, u guys r saying buhari n ribadu's VP r yoruba pple but u guys knw in ur heart that VP's do not rili av a say in Nigeria, they r mostly in d background, so dnt say u cld av voted their parties cos u knw at d end u wldn't still benefit anytin n if u do, it wld be very little, u r saying this is nt abt the igbos but its abt every1 cos if u think ur votes made GEJ win then the igbo votes also made GEJ win, its all abt who wld be a better leader not were d leader comes from, we all knw PDP's core leaders r mostly yoruba pple, every1 wanted to vote PDP out but we all voted for d candidate nt for the party sake, we wanted some1 to leader us into our future, for change nt to kill us, so u guys shld stop talking abt tribalism cos 95% of yáll that commented on this topic r tribalistic, sori to say but especially the yoruba peeps, u guys like defending urself wen its nt necessary n wen no 1 is actually attacking u, as some1 said we r 1 in nigeria whether u want to take sides or nt wen u leave this country pple wld nt say u r igbo or yoruba they wld say u r a nigerian so we better look at things from that view point, our votes as a whole including some votes from the north made jonathan President of Nigeria today shikena, nt the SW vote
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Sagamite(m): 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2011
rikaslika:

i was going thru most of the comments posted n i realise that most western pple r saying they r d less tribalistic one's, if u guys did nt vote GEJ he wld still win cos he is d 1 God has chosen to rule Nigeria for the next 4 yrs, dn't think u guys made anytin happen cos some southerners also voted for Buhari, u guys r saying buhari n ribadu's VP r yoruba pple but u guys knw in your heart that VP's do not rili av a say in Nigeria, they r mostly in d background, so dnt say u cld av voted their parties cos u knw at d end u wldn't still benefit anytin n if u do, it wld be very little, u r saying this is nt abt the igbos but its abt every1 cos if u think your votes made GEJ win then the igbo votes also made GEJ win, its all abt who wld be a better leader not were d leader comes from, we all knw PDP's core leaders r mostly yoruba pple, every1 wanted to vote PDP out but we all voted for d candidate nt for the party sake, we wanted some1 to leader us into our future, for change nt to kill us, so u guys shld stop talking abt tribalism cos 95% of yáll that commented on this topic r tribalistic, sori to say but especially the yoruba peeps, u guys like defending urself wen its nt necessary n wen no 1 is actually attacking u, as some1 said we r 1 in nigeria whether u want to take sides or nt wen u leave this country pple wld nt say u r igbo or yoruba they wld say u r a nigerian so we better look at things from that view point, our votes as a whole including some votes from the north made jonathan President of Nigeria today shikena, nt the SW vote

You are reetarded!

You launched your first post on NL by being a reetard!

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWM18lhOnOs&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by rikaslika: 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2011
Sagamite, i can smell vex in the air, its a friendly match, this is not a warfare, every1 has d right to say their opinion, so i guess u might just be d retard, go n chk urself,
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2011
You ppl should stop creating IDs to insult the SW.

What rubbishness!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by rikaslika: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
no one is insulting SW but u guys r just too defensive especially wen its not necessary, now u guys are searching for wateva means to shine by saying GEJ is president becos of ur votes, did u put him there, pls give the rest of us a break
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 23, 2011
why not post with you regular ID?

Something dey fear you?

And yes, we put him there. And he is very grateful.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Bobandgreat: 9:56am On Mar 17, 2013
He wouldnt have won without the vote of everybody. I rather commend the northerners that voted for him en mass without motives. There is no need for blackmail now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

US Issues Travel Alert On Nigeria / An Open Appeal To All Tribal Bigots On Nairaland / Tambuwal & Sultan Flag-off 2016 Hajj Airlift Operation(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.