Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? (12524 Views)

Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Ben Bruce: Buhari Showing Signs Of Helplessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by SEFAGO(m): 8:58am On Apr 17, 2011
gidson12:

bunch of failures, if una(SW) like make una no vote 4 goodluck, shebi una get ACN, while not vote 4 buhari your odua candidate, GOODLUCK go still win, up SS, up Goodluck, cry o, na we get aso rock 4 d nxt 8yrs, yes i said it 8yrs

Thats what Yar'adua probably thought. Lots of stuff can happen within 8 years. 8 years is quite some time mate.

So aren't you interested in seeing how goodluck will perform or are you just interested in being aware like other SS m/o/r/o/ns like Beaf that you have aso rock, locked and stocked for 8 years.

Look at a mirror and recite "I am a waste of sp-er-m, it should have been aimed at the floor"
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 17, 2011
Ouch!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by gidson12(m): 9:13am On Apr 17, 2011
@ SEFAGO,
God o, see bad belle, hope it pains you wella, ur northern brothers and you westerns had ruled this country to its sorry state, now with GOODLUCK we can behold some gleam of light from the dark hole your brothers dumped us in, is that your heartattack, i repeat 'if u like go hang ur self' SS rules, and we go hold am 4 d nxt 8years cos u guys(SW) would still love to vote him in again, cos he's better than ur Obasanjo, up SS,
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by SEFAGO(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2011
gidson12:

@ SEFAGO,
God o, see bad belle, hope it pains you wella, your northern brothers and you westerns had ruled this country to its sorry state, now with GOODLUCK we can behold some gleam of light from the dark hole your brothers dumped us in, is that your heartattack, i repeat 'if u like go hang your self' SS rules, and we go hold am 4 d nxt 8years cos u guys(SW) would still love to vote him in again, cos he's better than your Obasanjo, up SS,

You are daft. Crossbreed between a He-Goat and a woman.

Who ruled what? Is bad leadership exclusive to a region. You just voted in a pawn you daft i/d/iot. After years of living in Nigeria you are not even aware of that. You stu/upid/ity amazes me. I dont blame you. I am vexed too that you were too broke to be sent to a mental institution.

SS rules what? PDP is still in power you He-GoatMan

Please refer to my earlier post. All the gbigiri your father did to give birth to you would have been better spent wanking off.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 9:28am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^^

You sound just like Sagamoron!

Are you his twin brother?

So much bile form someone who may one day become a politician in Nigeria? Tone it down mate!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Clear up the air for me a bit.

Why did the alliance truly fail gan sef?

mr Buhari caused it !
Crude Oil:

Same question applies to SE/SS. Jonathan would not have won if they didn't vote for him.

I can't remembered when SE was called to the table for a possible alliance ?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Odunharry(m): 9:32am On Apr 17, 2011
GEJ wins in south west
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 9:34am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

mr Buhari caused it  !
I can't remembered when SE was called to the table for a possible alliance ?

Did you even follow the news at all?

The alliance failed because they were all selfish and none of them trusted the other party. Buhari to the best of my knowledge doesnt seem to comprehend the 'koko' behind the whole alliance shitz
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by nateevs(m): 9:34am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

mr Buhari caused it  !

How?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 9:37am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^

Dont mind Bluetooth, he is high on palmi
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by SEFAGO(m): 9:37am On Apr 17, 2011
LOL

fstranger u dey try me oo, you dey try me gan

Yah true though I would be nicer to Gidson12

@Gidson12.
Hey man apologies about the insult. However, there is nothing to rejoice about. Having someone in the SS would not help improve Nigeria or add money to my bank or your bank  cheesy
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5690581-146/president_jonathan_in_early_lead_.csp

Finding answer to apathy in the west

In the country's western region, voter turnout was a little more subdued. In Lagos, Oyo, and even Kwara State, the dismal turnout has already sparked passionate discussions. A voter in Ilorin, Akinlekun Mojeed, said the people were more concernced about who ruled over their local affairs than who became president.

The state chairman of the Nigeria Bar association, Salmon Jawando, thought that the success of last week's turnout may have been responsible for this week's failure. "So many people came out with their voter's cards to vote last week but could not find their names on the voters register, and that must have been discouraging," he said. Talk of intimidation may also have played some part. Anu Ibiwoye who was an ACN candidate for the Senate in last week's parliamentary election, was allegedly kidnapped by unknown persons.

The situation was probably worse in Oyo State where voter apathy was clearly evident, although the election was peaceful. NEXT visited Unit 10, Ward 9 at Mokola area of Ibadan North Local Government around noon when voter accreditation was ending and noticed that only 345 of the registered 1,113 names were accredited for the election. Lam Adesina, the former governor of the state, attributed this to a long-standing disconnect between the federal government and people living in the component states.

Speaking with journalists shortly after casting his vote at his Fefele area residence, Mr Adesina blamed former President Olusegun Obasanjo's combativeness in support of the ruling party which had reportedly destroyed the interest of most people in the southwest in politics at the centre. Lanre Adeleke, the Oyo state director of the Jonathan/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation, thought turnout was low because many political parties in the country did not have candidates. According to him, about 40 of the existing parties had adopted the candidacy of President Jonathan and this undoubtedly affected the disposition of party members to the election.

Abiola Ajimobi, governorship candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria in the state said it was easier for the people to relate to candidates for the national assembly and governorship seats than those gunning for the presidency. The national coordinator of the Coalition of Democrats for Electoral Reform, Ayo Opadokun, said the heavy presence of security operatives in major areas could have scared people who wanted to come out and vote. There are those who also blamed the poor turnout on the mishandling of the ACN/CPC merger, but one of the architects of the failed accord, former governor of Lagos state, Bola Tinubu gave the matter short shrift. "The alliance is bleeding now, let it bleed to death and then we can do the postmortem," he said.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

Did you even follow the news at all?

The alliance failed because they were all selfish and none of them trusted the other party. Buhari to the best of my knowledge doesnt seem to comprehend the 'koko' behind the whole alliance shitz
How was Acn greedy ? Buhari as president,bakare as vice and cpc as the platform of the alliance. . .so what's in it for Acn ?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by gidson12(m): 9:45am On Apr 17, 2011
sefago mehn, u took this damn too far, even to my parents, because of politics, anyway no wahala,
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

How was Acn greedy ? Buhari as president,bakare as vice and cpc as the platform of the alliance. . .so what's in it for Acn ?

So blame Bakare? or better still blame the system

For starters, Bakare cannot resign at this stage, the law does not allow that.  And to expect a trained lawyer to sign a post-dated form, presented by a world renown crook, is the height of disrespect for me.

The point here is that, it is everyone's fault, and at the same time, it is no one's fault.

BTW, ACN approached CPC, not the other way round. CPC was confident in their ability to pull it off. It seems ACN was not sure that they could win, so ACN is needed, in this scenario, to make the biggest sacrifice, not CPC.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by houvest: 10:01am On Apr 17, 2011
Please when did INEC announce the winner? SMH. I just dey laugh at the funny sommersaults of many anti-GEJ Nlers. Suddenly GEJ is the face of change. The thing we have been shouting for many months now in the face of so much abuse from many NLers. Just the whiff of a GEJ victory even before the results are announced is making folks try to stand on their heads for GEJ and praise the wonderful generosity and calculation of their people even before the results are analysed to know who exactly voted GEJ in the SW and why. I feel like throwing up.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

So blame Bakare? or better still blame the system

For starters, Bakare cannot resign at this stage, the law does not allow that.  And to expect a trained lawyer to sign a post-dated form, presented by a world renown crook, is the height of disrespect for me.

The point here is that, it is everyone's fault, and at the same time, it is no one's fault.

BTW, ACN approached CPC, not the other way round. CPC was confident in their ability to pull it off. It seems ACN was not sure that they could win, so ACN is needed, in this scenario, to make the biggest sacrifice, not CPC.

Acn meeting cpc for an alliance doesn't makes sense to me.Both cpc and pdp needed SW votes and Acn is neutral.Buhari lost out because he thinks he can win in the region without any alliance with Acn even when the NASS election showed that he can 't win the region.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by houvest: 10:10am On Apr 17, 2011
Better Title this time
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by londoner: 10:18am On Apr 17, 2011
@jason 123, then we will see what type o double talking these same people will come here to state why they voted for a PDP president all over Yorubaland.

They will definately try and link it to some "superior" Yoruba intelligence. All in one big contradiction.

^^^Comment made after the NASS election,
Lol, Like clockwork, lol
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 10:21am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Acn meeting cpc for an alliance doesn't makes sense to me.

Whether it makes sense to you or not, that is what happened. ACN approached CPC. We all know ACN wasnt winning the election, so ACN approaching Buhari was just a matter of time. Only an ediot wouldnt realize that. Buhari alone is a party. He could have run as independent and would still have pulled off the same number of votes as he did yesterday.  RIbadu on the other hand doesnt have that kind of acceptability, neither does Fola Adeola.

Both cpc and pdp needed SW votes and Acn is neutral.

Yes. The older folks in the SW may have preferred Buhari to Jonathan, but this is the 'Kokolet' generation. And, in a way,  The Facebook generation. There is no way, they would have preferred Buhari to Jonathan. So, even with ACN/CPC alliance, GEJ would still have won. Buhari knew that already. He only wanted 25% of the SW votes, nothing more, nothing less.

Buhari lost out because he thinks he can win in the region without any alliance with Acn even when the NASS election showed that he can 't win the region.

Hindsight is 20/20
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

Whether it makes sense to you or not, that is what happened. ACN approached CPC. We all know ACN wasnt winning the election, so ACN approaching Buhari was just a matter of time. Only an ediot wouldnt realize that. Buhari alone is a party. He could have run as independent and would still have pulled off the same number of votes as he did yesterday.  RIbadu on the other hand doesnt have that kind of acceptability, neither does Fola Adeola.

Yes. The older folks in the SW may have preferred Buhari to Jonathan, but this is the 'Kokolet' generation. And, in a way,  The Facebook generation. There is no way, they would have preferred Buhari to Jonathan. So, even with ACN/CPC alliance, GEJ would still have won. Buhari knew that already. He only wanted 25% of the SW votes, nothing more, nothing less.

Hindsight is 20/20

whether you like it or not,Acn gave it to Jonathan because of a failed alliance with cpc.that has been established and it will continue to be so that the golden opportunity to dislodge pdp was discredited by buhari.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by londoner: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2011
I do agree that it was the inability to garner a broad support base across the nation coupled with the collapse of an alliance with ACN which actually cost Buhari.

Having said that, we don't actually know that GEJ has won or not.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

whether you like it or not,[s]Acn gave it to Jonathan because of a failed alliance with cpc[/s].that has been established and it will continue to be so that the golden opportunity to dislodge pdp was discredited by buhari.

Arrant Nonsense!

Even without campaigning for Jonathan?  Even when there was serious confusion 48 hrs leading to the election?

ACN ko, LP ni!  GEJ won squarely, independent of ACN's influence.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Beaf: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2011
If the SW had given it to Buhari, it would have been considered a very serious sellout. I don't see why there should be any chest beating, allowing Buhari to win would be a very foolish thing indeed, considering the way he locked up the SW's political grandee's (from Jakande to Babatope and Ajasin) and cancelled projects like the Lagos metro.

I am shocked that ACN even got a showing.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by spoOne: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2011
The North, SW, and SE are all critical to any election. . . any 2 can tilt any election. The electorate in general becoming more and more sophisticated; they are not just voting along party lines or tribal affiliation, but more on the individual candidate's percieved ability to move the country forward. Ribadu is a greenhorn when it comes to politics . . . I think a mis- calculation on the part of ACN. If Fashola was presented as candidate, he would have won. . . or give Jonathan a serious run for his money. Whilst all that is said, I also feel Nigeria wants to break the Northern idealogy, of being born leaders. . . so some of the vote for Jonathan represents a non-vote for another Northerner. And we maybe getting to the point where tribal/party lines are blured in Nigerian politics.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^

In the grand scheme of thing, SE and SS do not matter.

They are inconsequential.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by londoner: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

^^^

So then when people start complaining about another 4 years under PDP, the Yoruba and North should accept FULL responsibility.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by spoOne: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

^^^

I guess so if you want to rig your way pass over 50 million potential votes and numerous states. You have to wake up to the new reality.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

Arrant Nonsense!

Even without campaigning for Jonathan?  Even when there was serious confusion 48 hrs leading to the election?

ACN ko, LP ni!  GEJ won squarely, independent of ACN's influence.
Acn won all NASS assembly elections in SW yet you are still arguing that jonathan won SW region without any form of agreement ? Fyi,only osun state did not agree to the deal and that is the only state Acn won in ! Use your head,please.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 11:09am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Acn won all NASS assembly elections in SW yet you are still arguing that jonathan won SW region without any form of agreement ? Fyi,only osun state did not agree to the deal and that is the only state Acn won in ! Use your head,please.

You are the one not using your head here. Perhaps, your Nigerian college professors failed to teach you how to think critically. How would they, when you spent half of the 6 yrs you spent in college at home doing yahoo-yahoo.

The result is not out yet. Lets wait for the official result. All this ACN win this and PDP win that is nothing more than conjecture, the development of a theory or guess based on information that is not complete.

For you to be able to effectively analyse something, you need to have a good picture of what you are analyzing. And, the notion that the effect of more than two months of passionate campaigning can be undone in 48 hrs is just ridiculous, something that could only come from a half-baked Nigerian graduate cheesy

Now, who is not using his head?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by fstranger5: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ode, LP won all of Ondo. There was no election in Ekiti. ACCORD won 2/3rd of Oyo, and PDP would have won Ogun if OGD and OBJ had put their house in order.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by cantell(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

^^^

Cargo! You need a brain surgery for making that careless comment.
~Bluetooth:

So he made a deal with Acn and then they convinced their people to vote for him in 48hrs? Go and sit down!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Coming From A Jonathan Fan In Imo State.. You Wont Believe This! / Udom Emmanuel And Makarfi At Flag-off Of LG Elections In Uyo (Photos) / Benue Killings: I Have Documentary Evidence Against Miyetti Allah – Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.