Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? (12525 Views)

Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Ben Bruce: Buhari Showing Signs Of Helplessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

http://4u2great..com/2011/03/buhari-rejected-dr-ngozi-okonjo-iweala.html

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/45286/1/buhari-shekarau-name-deputies-tinubu-blocks-okonjo.html

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5924:buharibakare-for-nigeria&catid=36:pointblank&Itemid=83

Even if it was just rumors. . . . wouldnt it had been a factor if SEasterners believed that Buhari rejected one of their own?

From what I've been reading from SEasterners on NL, the main reason GEJ was chosen was:

1) He had an Igbo blood/name
2) He has the potential to help the SE nation
3). . . . GEJ = The Biafra was is over. New thread/post I saw yest

No tangible reason.

ADD ONLY AFTER GEJ PICKED PDP TICKET CAUSE THEY WERE ALL SCREAMING IBB ATFIRST 2015 IBO PRESIDENT
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

ADD ONLY AFTER GEJ PICKED PDP TICKET CAUSE THEY WERE ALL SCREAMING IBB ATFIRST 2015 IBO PRESIDENT

The same set of people that despised anything Ijaw a few months before the election. All GEJ had to do was slap them with the Igbo middle name.

I guess Babangida's offer for 2015 was not strong enough.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by marvix(m): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
In my opinion, Goodluck Ebele Jnathan should be congratulated for breaking the jinx. Even a yoruba candidate would have lost against GEJ in the election.

I have always respected the Yorubas they are indeed very educated and smart in political matters.

The yorubas voted Jonathan and not PDP and this was possible because of the kind of campaign Jonathan had.

The SWest votes for PDP should be seen as a slap to the Godfathers, although Tinubu won the NASS elections today the same folks who voted agianst Obj in front of his house voted Jonathan massively, it shows that they are no more sheep following blindly after the godfathers.

That is to say if Tinubu supports a non performing gov it is possible to sack that Gov with Tinubu standing beside him.

I believe we still have some way to go with the north, Katsina would not have been won by Buhari if he was running against Yaradua.

I look forward to a greater nigeria where the electorates are the godfathers!!!!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

http://4u2great..com/2011/03/buhari-rejected-dr-ngozi-okonjo-iweala.html

Deadline for VP selection was in February, I beleive. The above news is rubbish as there seems no other support for the claims made. Check the date and the evidence from the weeks before to understand what I mean.
Ileke-IdI:

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/45286/1/buhari-shekarau-name-deputies-tinubu-blocks-okonjo.html
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5924:buharibakare-for-nigeria&catid=36:pointblank&Itemid=83

Even if it was just rumors. . . . wouldnt it had been a factor if SEasterners believed that Buhari rejected one of their own?

I doubt it because the decision made in the SE to support Jonathan had been made long before this - -- Remember many of these groups played a part in urging Jonathan to run for the presidency and in his fight against the PDP Zoning fiasco.
Ileke-IdI:

From what I've been reading from SEasterners on NL, the main reason GEJ was chosen was:

1) He had an Igbo blood/name
2) He has the potential to help the SE nation
3). . . . GEJ = The Biafra was is over. New thread/post  I saw yest

No tangible reason.

Well, yeah but much of that existed long before february of this year.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
Marvix, I love your comment.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Deadline for VP selection was in February, I beleive. The above news is rubbish as there seems no other support for the claims made. Check the date and the evidence from the weeks before to understand what I mean.  
I doubt it because the decision made in the SE to support Jonathan had been made long before this - -- Remember many of these groups played a part in urging Jonathan to run for the presidency and in his fight against the PDP Zoning fiasco.

I beg to dffer. Before, it was all IBB and the 2015 call for the SE nation.
Dont mean to go off target here, but didnt Ojukwu also urge his people to vote for IBB?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

still doesntr exclude the fact igbos were split on the decision to endorse GEJ, IT WAS MAINLY AFTER HE GOT PDP TICKET IT BECME SOLID.

OR IS IBB not ikechukwu!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Obiagu1(m): 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
Where are all the Anti-GEJ morons and those calling him Odechukwu?

I think some of them are now mad Igbos voted for GEJ and ensured he won both SE and SW.

Who is Ode now?

Odeyorubas.

Deal with is Ileke, GEJ won, fair and square.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
OBIAGU

stop having an orgasm over the SW. You dont see the SW even looking at thse INFLATED FIGURES FROM THE SS OR SE.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I beg to dffer. Before, it was all IBB and the 2015 call for the SE nation.
Dont mean to go off target here, but didnt Ojukwu also urge his people to vote for IBB?

Like I have said so many times, there are drones of groups out there that claim to speak on behalf of Ibos but a lot of them represent their own pockets. Yes, Ojukwu endorsed IBB, but there are other groups that endorsed Jonathan and aided him in his fight to betray the PDP Zoning agreement, which we now know is here to stay.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2011

Source?

I understand reason 2, but reason 1 and 3 voters are not progressive.

At the end, if Jonathan does not perform. . . .I hope that's when ACN SW (one voice) takes action.

sbeezy8:

OBIAGU

stop having an heavenly feeling over the SW. You dont see the SW even looking at thse INFLATED FIGURES FROM THE SS OR SE.

Dude, seriously stop giving him the attention he's crying for. Dont you know how to ignore?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Like I have said so many times, there are drones of groups out there that claim to speak on behalf of Ibos but a lot of them represent their own pockets. Yes, Ojukwu endorsed IBB, but there are other groups that endorsed Jonathan and aided him in his fight to betray the PDP Zoning agreement, which we now know is here to stay.

Interesting.

Cant wait to see how this next 4 year pans out.

Interesting observation:

1. Last weekend, Northerners voted PDP, this weekend, they almost all voted CPC

2. SW nation almost all voted ACN, this weekend almost all voted PDP
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by tlops(m): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
Obiagu1:

Where are all the Anti-GEJ morons and those calling him Odechukwu?

I think some of them are now mad Igbos voted for GEJ and ensured he won both SE and SW.

Who is Ode now?

Odeyorubas.

Deal with is Ileke, GEJ won, fair and square.

does that change anything! he is who he is!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by WilyWily12: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
OdeYoruba
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
STATE-----------ACN--------------------------CPC------------------------------------------PDP------------------------------------WINNER

OGUN---------199,555---------------------17,654------------------------------------------309,177---------------------------------PDP

FCT------------2,327------------------------131,576----------------------------------------253,444---------------------------------PDP

ENUGU-------1,755-------------------------3,753-------------------------------------------802,144---------------------------------PDP

KOGI---------5,616-------------------------132,201----------------------------------------399,816---------------------------------PDP

OSUN--------299,711----------------------6,997-------------------------------------------188,409---------------------------------ACN

NORTHERN STATES

KATSINA:
PDP 424, 587
CPC 1, 154, 000

KEBBI:
PDP 369, 198
CPC 501, 453

JIGAWA:
PDP 414,000
CPC 663,063

KADUNA:
PDP 1, 190, 179
CPC 1, 334, 244

KANO:
PDP 440, 656
CPC 1, 624, 543

SOKOTO:
PDP 309,057
CPC 540,769

BAUCHI:
PDP 250, 840
CPC 1, 315, 205
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Obiagu1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
Odeyoruba
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by rhymz(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
It is laughable that some southwesterners would try to arrogate some sort of power that has swung the votes for GEJ. A lot of you southwesterners are wishy-washy lying lots that change with the tide.
I personally monitored the voting pattern in Lagos and I can comfortable tell you that the over 2million votes in Lagos, more than 65% were non-yoruba votes and the of that non-yaruba votes, the Igbos constituted more than 40% of it. Lagos state which has the highest PDP votes in SW region scored that high because of the willingness of many non-yorubas to cast their votes irrespective of the wide spread aparthy of a lot of the yoruba(who felt the election has very little to do with them since none of their son was in the race).
I find it apalling that some of you that obviously are not in Nigeria will want to turn around and say the Yorubas have done GEJ a favour with the very low turn out as evidenced in other Yoruba states.
I am not arguing that we did not have yorubas that genuinely voted for GEJ but to now say they are the reason GEJ is going to win is very laughable and an insult to the people of the SS and SE that have shown unwavering support right from the on set to even the casting of the votes.
In lagos there were even a lot loyalty votes amongst the yorubas that voted for PDP hence the allegation that Tinubu may have tacitly told egg head party members to tell their boys to vote the PDP. In my ward for instance in surulere and another polling unit in Mushib LGAs I saw ACN party members openly canvassing votes for the PDP and were saying: "ati vote fu PDP nsi to ba ti di next week eyino ma vote fu wa o". That was the trend. The educated yorubas I know mostly voted for Buhari and Ribadu so what exactly is the mantra of SW gave GEJ this and that. Apart from Lagos that gave GEJ an advantage, the other SW state could hardly claim to have deliberately done anything to help with votes for GEJ, even Oyo that registered over 2million votes cant even boast of a modest 1million votes compared to a tiny state like Abia not to talk of Ekiti and Ogun state or even Osub where he lost outrightly to ACN.
In fact to be candid, Northerners even gave better support than SW in comparison even though Buhari was a mammoth personality there especially the NC states.
Shouting we did it for him is laying claim to a victory you did not labour for.
Lets be honest here, the SW has not done anything too different from the north in this election for GEJ, the only thing they have done is vote and they just had to choose somebody anyway.
Enough this claims already Jare!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Ade2K8(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ rhymz

Regardless of who voted for whom, if we want a better country, I still don't get why anyone will vote for GEJ. This person is a visionless thief, just like his fellow travellers in the PDP. Even if Buhari is visionless too, at least, he's not a thief and conceivably, his VP may help him in the vision thing (like Idiagbon did), more than Sambo seems to have done for GEJ so far.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by member479760: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2011
This is evidence that we understand their language. The language is awareness and unity against ex-bad leaders that want to impose his rule by force on us.
Without doubt this is a victory to demo crazy, thanks to those that joined us to make it happen.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
nakedall:

This is evidence that we understand their language. The language is awareness and unity against ex-bad leaders that want to impose his rule by force on us.
Without doubt this is a victory to demo crazy, thanks to those that joined us to make it happen.

Exactly, I'm not jumping over because GEJ won, but because we're finally understand what one voice means. Not because of tribalism or party, but for development.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Ade2K8(m): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
For development, seems that voice s/h/b for Buhari. These people will keep robbing us.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2011
Seriously what some igbos post here makes hate them angry angry angry angry angry

By the time Jonathan starts messing up, they'll say the Yorubas are to blame angry angry angry angry angry, Goodbye Nairaland!!! Nothing has changed angry angry angry angry

tumblr is my fav spot, lots of laughter 4 me instead this annoyin nlers,
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by AljUche: 7:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
9jaganja:

Seriously what some igbos post here makes hate them angry angry angry angry angry

By the time Jonathan starts messing up, they'll say the Yorubas are to blame angry angry angry angry angry, Goodbye Nairaland!!! Nothing has changed angry angry angry angry

tumblr is my fav spot, lots of laughter 4 me instead this annoyin nlers,

why are you angry

is it not you people that make them survive in lagos and other SW states

do something about it
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by paddylo1(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
Alj Uche:

why are you angry

do something about it

Bigot alert. . .another eediot that is fortunate to have a computer. . .

What exactly are they to do about it?. . .assuming your drivel is fact?. . .

Yorubas voted for a southern guy over and above your clueless, illiterate, flabby and old Buhari

Pls deal with it. . .and dont come here to try and instigate. . . .ode
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by henry101(m): 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2011
Alj Uche:

why are you angry

do something about it

You are been monitored.
Eediot!!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by AljUche: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2011
paddy_lo:

Bigot alert. . .another eediot that is fortunate to have a computer. . .

What exactly are they to do about it?. . .assuming your drivel is fact?. . .

Yorubas voted for a southern guy over and above your clueless, illiterate, flabby and old Buhari

Pls deal with it. . .and dont come here to try and instigate. . . .ode

shattap dia

u insult this people that have accommodiated all ethnic groups and yet u say igbos are the ones that vote for gej from kaduan to lagos

if so they they have started killing them in kaduna and jos, if u do not know

i hope my SW brothers read this so they can start deal with u people

and just for the record, do not dare come to sokoto or kano because it will be massive grave yard

if it is igbo or northerns we would see
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by AljUche: 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
henry101:

You are been monitored.
Eediot!!

by who mumu

igbo spew hate for other groups so why can't they spew hate on them as well
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by OAM4J: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
marvix:

[s]In my opinion, Goodluck Ebele Jnathan should be congratulated for breaking the jinx. Even a yoruba candidate would have lost against GEJ in the election.[/s]

I have always respected the Yorubas they are indeed very educated and smart in political matters.

The yorubas voted Jonathan and not PDP and this was possible because of the kind of campaign Jonathan had.

The SWest votes for PDP should be seen as a slap to the Godfathers, although Tinubu won the NASS elections today the same folks who voted agianst Obj in front of his house voted Jonathan massively, it shows that they are no more sheep following blindly after the godfathers.

That is to say if Tinubu supports a non performing gov it is possible to sack that Gov with Tinubu standing beside him.

I believe we still have some way to go with the north, Katsina would not have been won by Buhari if he was running against Yaradua.

I look forward to a greater nigeria where the electorates are the godfathers!!!!

I agree with every thing you said apart from the 1st line. A Fasola from SW will beat any GEJ from anywhere any day.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by AljUche: 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
henry101:

You are been monitored.
Eediot!!

u this mumu, i am been monitored for what, that i said you should respect other groups apart from igbos

f off
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
IGBOS DON'T COUNT AND WILL NEVER COUNT! THEIR MINDS ARE JUST TOO UNSOPHISTICATED, THEY ARE A VERY TRIBAL PEOPLE, BUNCH OF IN BREEDERS!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
i hate this fu***n ibo's.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
engineerd:

i hate this fu***n ibo's.
engineerd:

IGBOS DON'T COUNT AND WILL NEVER COUNT! THEIR MINDS ARE JUST TOO UNSOPHISTICATED, THEY ARE A VERY TRIBAL PEOPLE, BUNCH OF IN BREEDERS!

Stop being ignorant. If someone irks you, go after that person if you must, not try to attack a people you have little exposure to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Who Killed Funso Williams In 2006? / Nigeria’s Election Highlights Anglo-american Missteps / Bayelsa Drags FG, Rivers State & Akwa Ibom To Supreme Court Over Soku Oil Wells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.