Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? (12523 Views)

Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Ben Bruce: Buhari Showing Signs Of Helplessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by real4life: 6:03am On Apr 17, 2011
My point of emphasis is that there was no major contender from yorubaland. They dont expect any of their candidates to win because they just recently finished an 8 year tenure. The real contenders were Ijaw and Hausa. The yorubas decided to go for Ijaw, which is okay. But this cannot be interpreted as being less tribalistic than Hausa and Ijaw people for example who had their loved sons as major candidates.

Ileke-IdI:

Define majority in numbers. . . compare majority of GEJ's vote to those of Buhari's and other Yoruba candidates on that presidential polls.

Ok, my bad, GEJ has not won in Nigeria, but he has won the SW with overwhelming votes. . .  .

Compare the rsult of the SW to that of SE and N. Compare the numbers of SEasterns who voted for GEJ (because he's an Easterner) and that of SW that voted for Yoruba candidates/ Candidates with Yoruba campaign mates.

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 6:04am On Apr 17, 2011
real4life:

Quite frankly this makes no sense to me

I understand why you would say that  . . . but revenge rebuttals don't erase the facts in the points given.  grin
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Apr 17, 2011
real4life:

My point of emphasis is that there was no major contender from yorubaland. They dont expect any of their candidates to win because they just recently finished an 8 year tenure. The real contenders were Ijaw and Hausa. The yorubas decided to go for Ijaw, which is okay. But this cannot be interpreted as being less tribalistic than Hausa and Ijaw people for example who had their loved sons as major candidates.

Again . . it's really simple. If there was a major contender i.e. Someone who they believed would do a better job, it would make sense they choose that person over someone who they barely have much on, or do you think that is how elections should go in the first place??
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Earlier last year, the South Easterners decided not to field a candidate for the presidential elections, as some of the States decided they needed to instead focus their energy on bettering local politics. This was about the same time the Ibo leaders started looking for Presidential candidates to through the Ibo weight behind. I remember at one time there was a back and forth on how supporting Jonathan would not necessarily benefit ibos, since according to many of here, he is not Ibo. But as time went on( Probably with money changing hands), Ibo leaders became less divided on throwing the Ibo support behind Jonathan(we are talking of months before Jonathen even officially declare he was runnning). I remember many Ibo leaders coming out to plead on Jonathan to run for Presidency.

Now, we all know that towards the election, the voice of Ibo leaders grew louder and louder on who they would vote for and many of the reasons given have been more ethnically lined. You barely read of reasons that had to do with tangible support given the ibo leaders by the Jonathan group. This call grew stronger, even up till last week.

Interesting. I guess that's also why the A acronym in GEJA (or JEGA) became so big on NL.

KoboJ, thanks jere.

real4life:

This is B.S, I have to say.

B to the S.

Because they dont expect their candidate to win because they've field in a Yoruba for 8 years? You think we didnt know the Northerners would throw their weight behind a Northern candidate? If we wanted a Yoruba to win, we would have voted for a Northerner with Yoruba candidate, we would have allied with the Notherners so that a Northerner/Yoruba would have won. Truss me. . . .if the SW was all for a Northerner, GEJ would not be seeing the light of day.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I understand why you would say that  . . . but revenge rebuttals don't erase the facts in the points given.  grin

Can you just imagine. . . . and look at his previous post to my reply.
o ma se!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by 10cirenoh: 6:13am On Apr 17, 2011
Has INEC declared PDP as the winning party?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 17, 2011
Congratulation to the SW

1) For voting out PDP in the SW region

2) For not voting for party, but for individual in this election

3) For showing that tribalism is leaving out of the SW.

4) May you make well of your acquired change. You cried for change, and you went after it. I hope we learn to get rid of corrupt politicians from now on.

5) I hope that when GEJ decides to cross the line, we have strong SWestern leaders ready to throw him out.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 17, 2011
10cirenoh:

Has INEC declared PDP as the winning party?

Topic edited. . . .
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by real4life: 6:18am On Apr 17, 2011
This is B.S, I have to say.

B to the S.

Because they dont expect their candidate to win because they've field in a Yoruba for 8 years? You think we didnt know the Northerners would throw their weight behind a Northern candidate? If we wanted a Yoruba to win, we would have voted for a Northerner with Yoruba candidate, we would have allied with the Notherners so that a Northerner/Yoruba would have won. Truss me. . . .if the SW was all for a Northerner, GEJ would not be seeing the light of day.

1. VP is not comparable to President. Personally I will prefer Senate President or even Speaker to VP.

2. Pastor Bakare is not popular in SW. If someone like Fasola was Buharis VP, the outcome would be different.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 17, 2011
real4life:

1. VP is not comparable to President. Personally I will prefer Senate President or even Speaker to VP.

2. Pastor Bakare is not popular in SW. If someone like Fasola was Buharis VP, the outcome would be different.

It does not matter if it's comparable or not. Point is, if it was a matter of tribalism, Yorubas would have voted for a candidate with Yoruba mate because in the future, the mate would have better change of running for president.

2. Popularity has nothing to do with the name. Shebi you guys were screaming (last week) that the amount of followers that Buhari had in the SW nation had much to do with his running mate? Now it's another story, I suppose.

3. If Fashola was running with anyone. . . . that "anyone" would be leading in most Non-SWestern nation too. Fashola has proven to be hardworking, less corrupted, diligent and just what a good politician would be. Remember, Fashola is not only respected in the SW (or is there another story you want to tell us?).
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by ektbear: 6:25am On Apr 17, 2011
@OP: No.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by henry101(m): 6:26am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Earlier last year, the South Easterners decided not to field a candidate for the presidential elections, as some of the States decided they needed to instead focus their energy on bettering local politics. This was about the same time the Ibo leaders started looking for Presidential candidates to through the Ibo weight behind. I remember at one time there was a back and forth on how supporting Jonathan would not necessarily benefit ibos, since according to many of here, he is not Ibo. But as time went on( Probably with money changing hands), Ibo leaders became less divided on throwing the Ibo support behind Jonathan(we are talking of months before Jonathen even officially declare he was runnning). I remember many Ibo leaders coming out to plead on Jonathan to run for Presidency.

Now, we all know that towards the election, the voice of Ibo leaders grew louder and louder on who they would vote for and many of the reasons given have been more ethnically lined. You barely read of reasons that had to do with tangible support given the ibo leaders by the Jonathan group. This call grew stronger, even up till last week.

If they came out to support Buhari, you will be one of the knuckleheads here screaming Igbo thiis and that.
Just tell me why any Igbo would support a coup plotter? even though some ppl in the SE voted for him.
If Buhari looses this election, deal with it or better still write it on your door that Igbos are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria if it will make you happy.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 17, 2011
henry101:

If they came out to support Buhari, you will be one of the knuckleheads here screaming Igbo thiis and that.
Just tell me why any Igbo would support a coup plotter? even though some ppl in the SE voted for him.
If Buhari looses this election, deal with it or better still write it on your door that Igbos are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria if it will make you happy.

There have been numerous nonsensical threads that the Igbos have dedicated to themselves today, in order to appear that the result of the polls was in their hands.

KoboJ, plz do not help derail this thread into a Yoruba vs Igbo thread. The want for attention today is killing them. We dont want another bout of "because they hate" us comments.

Keep this thread clean, thanks.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 6:33am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^ I mostly ignore the attention seekers who want nothing but attention and don't have much else to say that matters!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ I mostly ignore the attention seekers who want nothing but attention and don't have much else to say that matters!

Thanks.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by henry101(m): 6:50am On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

There have been numerous nonsensical threads that the Igbos have dedicated to themselves today, in order to appear that the result of the polls was in their hands.

KoboJ, plz do not help derail this thread into a Yoruba vs Igbo thread. The want for attention today is killing them. We dont want another bout of "because they hate" us comments.

Keep this thread clean, thanks.

I understand what you mean, but is it a sin now for an Igbo to support an Ijaw as president?
I am no attention seeker madam know all. I do not need it.
@topic
Yes, JEG needed the south to win. I believe the Lagos votes was predicted to go JEGS's way before the election but the rest of the SW wasnt sure till the last minute changes.( The alliance talk). IMO.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by EkoIle1: 6:51am On Apr 17, 2011
No of course.

The results only affirmed the fact that the SW don't do follow follow like mumu, they act based on their conscience and realities on the ground, not because of some marching orders by Afenifere, Ohaneze or OPC.

Personally though, this presidential elections get as e be, how the SW killed PDP last week and the flipped back and voted overwhelmingly for the same PDP this Saturday is very baffling.

1. Yoruba SW folks didn't vote

2. PDP rigged massively regardless

3. Margin is very very unrealistic

4. ACN looked the other way while PDP rigged their way through based on prearranged benefits and understanding.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 17, 2011
ILEKE-IDI HAS BEEN BANNED BY SPAMBOT, WILL BE USING THIS ID UNTIL ILEKE-IDI IS UNBANNED.

henry101:

I understand what you mean, but is it a sin now for an Igbo to support an Ijaw as president?
I am no attention seeker madam know all. I do not need it.
@topic
Yes, JEG needed the south to win. I believe the Lagos votes was predicted to go JEGS's way before the election but the rest of the SW wasnt sure till the last minute changes.( The alliance talk). IMO.

What made Lagos vote predictable?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

No of course.

The results only affirmed the fact that the SW don't do follow follow like mumu, they act based on their conscience and realities on the ground, not because of some marching orders by Afenifere, Ohaneze or OPC.

Personally though, this presidential elections get as e be, how the SW killed PDP last week and the flipped back and voted overwhelmingly for the same PDP this Saturday is very baffling.

1. Yoruba SW folks didn't vote

2. PDP rigged massively regardless

3. Margin is very very unrealistic

4. ACN looked the other way while PDP rigged their way through based on prearranged benefits and understanding.

I dont mean to be rude, but are you being sarcastic with the points you made?

You think this election was rigged or. . . . ?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 8:00am On Apr 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

gbam

ACN benefitted some way and it had to be an understanding. cause dis is not normal in SW its too quiet. SW people were uninterested in 2011 elections but not to the point MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIDNT VOTE.

I dont believe that. states all cross the country voted in higher numbers but the turn out was not much in Lagos? doesnt make sense to me. I think ACN didnt care about presidential election and chose to look the other way at voting malpractices in the SW. PDP being quiet accepting defeat in the previous election? cmon Bankole Iyabo etc were like sacrificial lams

Its like ACN take some govenorship reps senat ministers while PDP win presidency.- thats the only thing i see happening.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by EzeUche(m): 8:02am On Apr 17, 2011
So ACN has this much power over a people? grin

That the people would allow them to look the other way as PDP supposedly rigs. Wonders never amaze me. . .
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

So ACN has this much power over a people? grin

That the people would allow them to look the other way as PDP supposedly rigs. Wonders never amaze me. . .
sorry Acn will soon produce the vice-president and the senate president and as for ibo,nothing for y'all.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by EzeUche(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

sorry Acn will soon produce the vice-president and the senate president and as for ibo,nothing for y'all.

I hope you choke on those words. Let me make sure I save this statement of yours.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

It does not matter if it's comparable or not. Point is, if it was a matter of tribalism, Yorubas would have voted for a candidate with Yoruba mate because in the future, the mate would have better change of running for president.

2. Popularity has nothing to do with the name. Shebi you guys were screaming (last week) that the amount of followers that Buhari had in the SW nation had much to do with his running mate? Now it's another story, I suppose.

3. If Fashola was running with anyone. . . . that "anyone" would be leading in most Non-SWestern nation too. Fashola has proven to be hardworking, less corrupted, diligent and just what a good politician would be. Remember, Fashola is not only respected in the SW (or is there another story you want to tell us?).

Yoruba that voted tho it wasnt much for GEJ accept osun who probably voted for ACN party not really ribadu.

but i think its a good thing kinda cause GEJ is not from the SW or the Old west, his wife isnt yoruba, he didnt grow up with yoruba- so that really shows maturity of those SW people who did vote for him. from day one we heard from the ovtherside of the river he  is ijaw-igbo he speaks igbo his name is azikwe ebele his wife is from abia. you kno stories that made ibo support him. igbo really didnt step up the support till afterhe won pdp primaries, and AFTER the vp's from the SW were picked they had no choice to overwhelmingly support him.

but at the same time vp is not attractive to SW folks.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

Yoruba that voted tho it wasnt much for GEJ accept osun who probably voted for ACN party not really ribadu.

but i think its a good thing kinda cause GEJ is not from the SW or the Old west, his wife isnt yoruba, he didnt grow up with yoruba- so that really shows maturity of those SW people who did vote for him. from day one we heard from the ovtherside of the river he  is ijaw-igbo he speaks igbo his name is azikwe ebele his wife is from abia. you kno stories that made ibo support him. igbo really didnt step up the support till afterhe won pdp primaries, and AFTER the vp's from the SW were picked they had no choice to overwhelmingly support him.

but at the same time vp is not attractive to SW folks.

True @ the bolded.

Although not many showed up, but those who did voted . . . . without being blinded by tribalism. SW nation is progressing.

I'm more ecstatic about last weekend's turnout sha, I hope it turns out best for the next 4-8 yrs.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 8:21am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

VP or senate? when fashola could win in 2015 this really put ACN  in the best position because 2015 north or east will not vote pdp and SS cause alot of folks will be ticked off.

if CPC and acn joined and buhari won in 2011 buhar would not step down for anyone and def not for ACN party. buhari selfish
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

I hope you choke on those words. Let me make sure I save this statement of yours.

I doubt that but in any case,the yorubas were consulted for an alliance by their southern brother unlike the ibo that made themselves so cheaply available endorsing every tom,dicck and harry all for money.nawao
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by gidson12(m): 8:40am On Apr 17, 2011
bunch of failures, if una(SW) like make una no vote 4 goodluck, shebi una get ACN, while not vote 4 buhari your odua candidate, GOODLUCK go still win, up SS, up Goodluck, cry o, na we get aso rock 4 d nxt 8yrs, yes i said it 8yrs
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

VP or senate? when fashola could win in 2015 this really put ACN  in the best position because 2015 north or east will not vote pdp and SS cause alot of folks will be ticked off.

if CPC and acn joined and buhari won in 2011 buhar would not step down for anyone and def not for ACN party. buhari selfish

Buhari is just being selfish and greedy ;forgeting that alliance is a give and take arrangement instead the general wanted everything to himself.so what's the essence of an alliance between Acn and Cpc when cpc is producing the president,vice-president and they are also using cpc platform ?
He just made jonathan looked like a hero in south west.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by gidson12(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2011
sowi boy, GOODLUCK, has always been the HERO ever since,
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Buhari is just being selfish and greedy ;forgeting that alliance is a give and take arrangement instead the general wanted everything to himself.so what's the essence of an alliance between Acn and Cpc when cpc is producing the president,vice-president and they are also using cpc platform ?
He just made jonathan looked like a hero in south west.

Clear up the air for me a bit.

Why did the alliance truly fail gan sef?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by CrudeOil2(m): 8:54am On Apr 17, 2011
Same question applies to SE/SS. Jonathan would not have won if they didn't vote for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days / Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit / I Am Running Because I Am Tired, Ezekwesili Reveals As She Campaigns In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.