Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation (39918 Views)

IGP Under Pressure To Arrest Igboho As Activist Snubs Police Invitation / Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me / Shehu Sani Reacts To Saraki's Looming Arrest, Police Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by EMMY76: 12:12am On Apr 03, 2021
The fulani nigerian govt will surely eliminate this guy like abiola if he ever makes the mistake of honoring the igp invitation.
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by dragunov: 1:18am On Apr 03, 2021
DedeNkem:

Why are you so nuts about Kanu. He's not your problem!!! He paved the way for freedom fighters like your guy, Igboho, and survived detention by Fulani terrorist, Buhari!

So calm down, we like what Igboho is doing. We only hope more of your people would join him, which I know is difficult because of the level of influence Fulani has on your people. They stole Kwara State from you guys and is actively stealing more of your lands and even chasing your people into Benin Republic as refugees!!

Sharing a country with these barbaric murderous Fulanis was and still is a huge mistake!!!

Also remember that they killed people in Ndi Ebonyi. Ok

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by Alejoas(m): 2:05am On Apr 03, 2021
Veteran Journalist Chief Duro Onabule writes brilliantly on Oduduwa Republic. :
Enjoy reading pals.ODUDUWA REPUBLIC: AGAINST SECESSION By Chief Duro Onabule, a Veteran Journalist.

AGAINST SECESSION : A TESTAMENT TO YORUBA LEADERS AND PROMOTERS OF ODUDUWA REPUBLIC

I saw a video clip of a group of young Yoruba elites canvassing the creation of Oduduwa Republic. The spokesman claimed that they are not even interested in restructuring, that it is late in the day, but the outright creation of Oduduwa Republic.

Carrying placards, they insist they are fed up with Nigeria and that Nigeria has been a setback for the Yoruba's because in 1949 when Yorubas had the television, even when France has not have one.

Also, that Yorubas were ahead of Korea in the 1950's, but today, we have been derailed by the Nigeria project.

These are their main arguments, which, as I will soon show, are no arguments at all.

I write to you leaders of Yorubas to warn you to be careful; be extremely careful so that you don't make some fatal errors that will set Yorubas even further aback.

Times have changed and we must address issues within the context of our time or we risk failing in this endeavour.

Some days ago I had an epiphany of a secession of Yorubas and I am not surprised that some are making underground moves to actualise this end.

However, permit me to share some wisdom for our consideration.

I think it will be a serious mistake at this time for Yorubas to contemplate a secession from Nigeria as the repercussions will be grave, if not incalculable.

It was Albert Einstein who once said, "condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance."

I believe we have done the due diligence and proper investigation before embarking on this course of action?
I hope the youths promoting this venture know the implications and consequences of what their actions could bring and spring in their time?

It is the Yorubas who say that when a child stumbles he looks forward, but when an adult stumbles he looks backward to see the cause.

Let us look backward and also forward to see why Yorubas have been stumbling in Nigeria and examine the cause; we will be surprised who we would see.

The enemy is ourselves.

The enemy of the Yorubas is the Yoruba and secession will not stop the stumbling because it would only take the theatre to a different space.

I must tell you that I am opposed to any form of secession or a unilateral secession of the Yoruba from Nigeria at this point in time. Soon you will know why.

However if other stakeholders agree at a Conference Table that the Nigeria project is no longer workable and there should be mutual separation then that becomes a different thing.

Here are my reasons why I oppose any Oduduwa Republic at this time or any secession from Nigeria.

I shall make this under three specific headings:

1. GENERAL ISSUES

A secession of Yoruba from Nigeria or the creation of an Oduduwa Republic at this time would be wrong for the following reasons:

1. The Yorubas made the largest required investment which made Nigeria possible. If you read the history of nationalism, of Nigerian nationalist struggles and agitations against colonial rule, you will know that the Yorubas made more contributions than any other tribe or group to make Nigeria possible.

Although Chinua Achebe wrongly claimed that the Ibos alone fought
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by gaskiyamagana: 4:38am On Apr 03, 2021
olatuns2017:

Because you are mumu and don't know that Ighoho fell out of crumbs from Oyo state PDP...

Where was Igboho when people were killed before 2021?

You can't reason well/know past because OBJ scraped history in Secondary schools...or because you did not get proper information about politics,Power and governace in Nigeria.
You possessed zero quality to teach me history, government, citizenship education or current affairs. You are now saying he is fighting as a faction in PDP against other PDP faction and / or against APC government under the guise of agitation for Yoruba nation, abi? Certainly, you shared one or other things in common with those Wole Soyinka assumed to be 'mad' for thinking that things are working or will continue to be working in the indivisible Nigeria. Not by war as some of you kids in nairaland used to construe immediately you read about Nnamdi Kanu before Sunday Igboho.
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by ivolt: 4:59am On Apr 03, 2021
PigTormentor:
[s][/s]

Who is "we Yoruba"?
I'm full blood omo Oduduwa and I can tell you that this thug does not speak for me and my people.

So park well.
The rise of the Igoho was a carefully orchestrated media propaganda.
He couldn't even confront Wakili and was asking to be invited first.
If not for OPC, Wakili would still be walking free.
Many bandits are still operating in Igangan till today despite claims that he cleared them out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by GoldHorse(m): 6:06am On Apr 03, 2021
And some people are saying that Yoruba nation should not be formed.....
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by Ashinze: 7:36am On Apr 03, 2021
You dey very stupid ooooooo ,you be a an igbo man or woman, stupid people everywhere
thebosstrevor1:
Who named him a freedom fighter?

What freedom is he fighting for?

When did a pdp thug became a freedom fighter?

Upon all his jazz, he is afraid of a police invitation letter.
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by verygoodbadboi: 7:36am On Apr 03, 2021
post=100424336:

Thanks for sharing this video!
Bookmarked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKNwdg_rgUs

Be deceiving yourself, u even support that terrorist @thebosstrevor1. I love the fact Mr Sunday is a party member, he can easily calm politicall aslum incase your darling daddy shows his worst evil side someday
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by Teeklef(m): 8:09am On Apr 03, 2021
Mayniaa:

In your next life you'll be a slave.
Slave? Na goat(ewure) hin go be.
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by peculiar2233: 8:12am On Apr 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Keep crying!
Las las u will be fine

Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by olatuns2017: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2021
gaskiyamagana:

You possessed zero quality to teach me history, government, citizenship education or current affairs. You are now saying he is fighting as a faction in PDP against other PDP faction and / or against APC government under the guise of agitation for Yoruba nation, abi? Certainly, you shared one or other things in common with those Wole Soyinka assumed to be 'mad' for thinking that things are working or will continue to be working in the indivisible Nigeria. Not by war as some of you kids in nairaland used to construe immediately you read about Nnamdi Kanu before Sunday Igboho.

Not by WAR ?

Failed in seeing implications of actions in 3rd world shithole

Mentioning Igboho/kanu sickening for common sense class!
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by imolile: 8:34am On Apr 03, 2021
Sunday Igboho has done well in rejecting the invitation Letter or Letter Bomb by the Fulani appointed Nepotistic inspector general of Police, as it stands, there is no more Nigeria as a union, the country Nigeria has be dissolved by the Northern Fulani Nepotism, why do they take interest in persecuting or criminalizing the Southerner while deodorizing their extremist in the North? These Northern extremist who have no regard for the useless constitution which they created through their own Fulani military are too quick to send threats to the South while their own Shekarau have run wild for almost 20 Years, they pamper crime in the North, appoint Fanatic Sheik Gumi to Negotiate with Terrorist, cart away money made from the south to pacify criminals. the resources of the county are all in the south and they appoint dullards in the north ina multi ethnic country, place dullard like the IG in sensitive position, President is North west Muslim, senate President, North east Muslim, INEC chairperson, North west Muslim, Speaker of the House of Representative south west Muslim, Chief of Air staff, North East Muslim, Minister of Defense Muslim, North, Chief of Army Staff, North East Muslim, Inspector General of Police, North Central Muslim, National security adviser , North East Muslim, Director National intelligence agency, Muslim North, Director General SSS, North west Muslim, Comptroller general of immigration, North west Muslim, Comptroller general of Customs, North Muslim, comptroller general of Civil defense, Muslim North, Comptroller general of Prison service, Muslim North, Acting Chairman of EFCC, North East Muslim, Chief Justice of the Federation, North East Muslim, Code of Conduct bureau North east Muslim, Managing director Port Authority North west Muslim (That is even the Port belonging to Yoruba People) The Airport is littered with Fulani in the south and no employment for other Tribes in a country that claimed to be united, Nimassa North Muslim, NNPC managing director, North east Muslim, Minister of Education, even the education they FULANI don't have, North east Muslim, National university commission North west Muslim, Jamb South west Muslim and so on and so forth all appointment of this Useless government is made to oppress other region of the country. The other region were watching all these Nepotism and the North Fulani thinks we are stupid. They have dissolved the unity of the country and Sunday Igboho and all citizens of the false Marriage have a right to reject a sectional oppression by an oppressive government. Igboho who happen to be my own Brother as a Yoruba man has done what is expected of him. Reject a nepotistic inspector of Fulani Nigeria has ceased to exist from the invasion of Military in the geographical entity. we the Yorubas are no longer Nigeria and will not be subjected to the oppression of a section the False marriage
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by NobleRace: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2021
Seniorwriter:

I'm not on WhatsApp for now....Facebook is where I do convo......FB messenger is very easy to use for chats.
Kindly reach me there if need be for furtherance.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter

Please give me the link to your Facebook messenger.

Thank you.
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by Seniorwriter(m): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2021
NobleRace:

Please give me the link to your Facebook messenger.

Thank you.

Check my profile it's there.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by Prince001(m): 9:43am On Apr 03, 2021
Nackzy:
No one is above the Law
According to ur statement most of our leaders should be in prison! Cos they are breaking the law over and over without consequences!

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by Nackzy: 9:54am On Apr 03, 2021
Prince001:

According to ur statement most of our leaders should be in prison! Cos they are breaking the law over and over without consequences!
Exactly Sir
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by Tospecial(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If you don't know what to say please can you padlock your mouth and remain a slave forever.
Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by mosade: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

How?
Did he carry arms.

If he has rubbished the police, why is he scared of an ordinary A4 police letter?
Don't worry. Killers herdsmen will kill your family and rape your sisters one day.

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 04, 2021
Alejoas:
Veteran Journalist Chief Duro Onabule writes brilliantly on Oduduwa Republic. :
Enjoy reading pals.ODUDUWA REPUBLIC: AGAINST SECESSION By Chief Duro Onabule, a Veteran Journalist.

AGAINST SECESSION : A TESTAMENT TO YORUBA LEADERS AND PROMOTERS OF ODUDUWA REPUBLIC

I saw a video clip of a group of young Yoruba elites canvassing the creation of Oduduwa Republic. The spokesman claimed that they are not even interested in restructuring, that it is late in the day, but the outright creation of Oduduwa Republic.

Carrying placards, they insist they are fed up with Nigeria and that Nigeria has been a setback for the Yoruba's because in 1949 when Yorubas had the television, even when France has not have one.

Also, that Yorubas were ahead of Korea in the 1950's, but today, we have been derailed by the Nigeria project.

These are their main arguments, which, as I will soon show, are no arguments at all.

I write to you leaders of Yorubas to warn you to be careful; be extremely careful so that you don't make some fatal errors that will set Yorubas even further aback.

Times have changed and we must address issues within the context of our time or we risk failing in this endeavour.

Some days ago I had an epiphany of a secession of Yorubas and I am not surprised that some are making underground moves to actualise this end.

However, permit me to share some wisdom for our consideration.

I think it will be a serious mistake at this time for Yorubas to contemplate a secession from Nigeria as the repercussions will be grave, if not incalculable.

It was Albert Einstein who once said, "condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance."

I believe we have done the due diligence and proper investigation before embarking on this course of action?
I hope the youths promoting this venture know the implications and consequences of what their actions could bring and spring in their time?

It is the Yorubas who say that when a child stumbles he looks forward, but when an adult stumbles he looks backward to see the cause.

Let us look backward and also forward to see why Yorubas have been stumbling in Nigeria and examine the cause; we will be surprised who we would see.

The enemy is ourselves.

The enemy of the Yorubas is the Yoruba and secession will not stop the stumbling because it would only take the theatre to a different space.

I must tell you that I am opposed to any form of secession or a unilateral secession of the Yoruba from Nigeria at this point in time. Soon you will know why.

However if other stakeholders agree at a Conference Table that the Nigeria project is no longer workable and there should be mutual separation then that becomes a different thing.

Here are my reasons why I oppose any Oduduwa Republic at this time or any secession from Nigeria.

I shall make this under three specific headings:

1. GENERAL ISSUES

A secession of Yoruba from Nigeria or the creation of an Oduduwa Republic at this time would be wrong for the following reasons:

1. The Yorubas made the largest required investment which made Nigeria possible. If you read the history of nationalism, of Nigerian nationalist struggles and agitations against colonial rule, you will know that the Yorubas made more contributions than any other tribe or group to make Nigeria possible.

Although Chinua Achebe wrongly claimed that the Ibos alone fought

Duro Onabule doesn't know anything. He worked for Babangida as Chief Press Secretary. Since then no government recognition, no patronage. He is always looking for Hausa to serve and make Easy money. When Yaradua came into power, he lambasted Obasanjo and abused Pastor Enoch Adeboye. He spoke evil of Obasanjo and baba Adeboye looking for Yaradua's patronage, giving Yaradua impression that he is very loyal to the Hausas. At this end, Yaradua died. That was the end. He used his column on Sun Newspaper to attack Obasanjo and baba Adeboye during Yaradua government.

Most people thought he had even died.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-wike's Official Portrait / Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court / New Twist: Okorocha, Nda-Isaiah Refuse to Step Down for Buhari - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.