Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order (13116 Views)

Photo: Caption This Bukola Saraki's "Support" Banner Displayed By His Supporters / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) / Goodluck Asks Buhari Questions He Cant Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
playmode:

And the jaga jaga Government begins.I dont know why GEJ is speaking grammar.These rioters will kill innocent people,he should send some soldiers there to suppress the violence instead of constructing vocabulary in  aso rock

This man with his old Range Rover is still here talking ras.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
ifyalways:

@Bluetooth,they are silent cos they are enjoying the show of shame.

They are silent cos they are blood thirsty animals.

They are silent cos they have been anticipating this and are happy that they can hold the nation ransome.

They are happy cos they NEVER had the interest of NIGERIA at heart.

Meanwhile,their children,kit and kin are safely tucked outside the country while the almajiri is pushed like ZOMBIE to go and kill.

I'.e always said this and wud continue screaming it:How come u don't see spiritual leaders(Iman's especially),cultural & Political leaders(Emirs,Sultans,Buhari,Sambo) coming OUT TO CONDEMN,CALM NERVES AND ADVOCATE FOR PEACE,when things get murky and messed up

What then is/are their duties?

Hypocrisy!! and sheer wickedness because we all KNOWS FOR SURE THAT once the aforementioned groups intervene this issue wud be solved.

PS:beware of typo's,im mobile.

Sigh!!! Buhari is not now, nor has he ever been a political leader in the North . . . He is just a politician like your Pat Utomi, or Ribadu,or Sambo.

Also, Buhari has already denounced the outbreak of violence hours ago. That his announcement had no effect on the violenc ought to maybe get us to stop pretending his is part of the problem or the solution we have cooked up for ourselves.

There is no need for the bigotry, really!

We have a president who happens to be in charge of security in the nation -- we need to push him to do his job rather than looking for folks to blame for this.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
PapaBrowne:

I have never known you to be pathetically unintelligent, but I'm beginning to see U in that light!!

FYI, the military is already on ground in these areas curtailing the violence.  One way to get the violence down is by asking Buhari to prevail on his supporters. And thats what the president has done.
Diplomacy comes first. Its only when it fails that force comes in.

Only a fool would take actions9such as you've suggested) that would lead to an escalation of violence, a potential coup and a potential civil war. And surely, the president is no fool, hence his actions are well calculated.

Your hatred for the president is surely making you sound like a below average, no nothing fella and I'm pretty sure you are not one!!

I have never known you to be a r3tarded leprechaun but posts like above are making me to think otherwise

Only a pathetic sod like the poster i quoted would want the killings that have been going on for the better part of GEJ rule to continue for one more day without the C-inC stepping in.

Everyone in the country knew there would be flashpoints in the aftermath of the election and anyone thats even 30% smart would know preventive actions needed to be taken by putting troops on ground before the elections rather the clueless president was sending troops to the SW.

[size=18pt]If your Local govt was the one engulfed in the riots maybe it would be nice for the president to be playing with words instead of swinging into action[/size]
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by kcjazz(m): 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari's influence in the North is sometimes over rated. This folks voted for PDP just last week and no violence of this magnitude. Even I suspected violence if the results don't go to him, GEJ has security reports and should have put in measures to quell any violence. It is what governments do and it is his responsibility. Simple!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ayusco: 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
i must say i'm disappointed in alot of comments by posters whose views i respect. dk & kobokunjie i understand and respect ur not liking gej but abusing him for asking a candidate to cool the temper of his suppourters(over whom he has a large influence) is abit much. if police & army are sent to quell the riots in the north we all know people will die from there shyte escalates. what he did is not shirking responsibility but a leader trying to maturely resolve the situation. if he behaved like some dictators he would have charged buhari with incitement and tossed his as.s in jail
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Jakumo(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
phreakabit:

If he truly is against the on going violence and the ones prior to this, he should come out on NTA or BBC Hausa and declare his stance against violence!

Buhari regards the anarchy he created as the ONLY means left for him to FORCE himself on Nigeria as its "democratic" president, forgetting that he is no longer a semi-literate soldier with troops to order about, but just a washed-up debt-ridden former tyrant who so loathes himself for the failure that is his life and destiny, as to send hundreds of his developmentally disabled followers to early graves, despite it all clearly being to NO avail.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by playmode(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
werepeLeri:

This man with his old Range Rover is still here talking ras.

Beaf Abeg go siddon,wetin concern range rover with this matter.People are being killed you are talking about a car.You are always trying to divert attention from your master's incompetence.Bad belle person.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
Violence broke out- what do you want GEJ to do, carry arms and go to Kaduna. LOL. Una mumu no get class. Buhari is a man of war not a man for peace. He is solely responsible for this and that his fake pastor who already prophesied wild, wild, north.

Even in civilised societies, the C in C always goes to make a speech once there is a break out of violence anywhere. Is that not what Obama does? Or, he carries arms and faces the troubled area? Instead of blaming the long necked Bihura for not calming the nerves of his supporters, you are here blaming GEJ as usual. Buhari, you are responsible, borrow a leaf from GEJ, and tell your rabble rouser NL commedians to zip it and tell your almajiris to sheath their swords.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
kcjazz:

Buhari's influence in the North is sometimes over rated. This folks voted for PDP just last week and no violence of this magnitude. Even I suspected violence if the results don't go to him, [size=18pt]GEJ has security reports and should have put in measures to quell any violence. It is what governments do and it is his responsibility[/size]. Simple!

Thank you for the post especially the part in bold.

But when you have a president who believes prayer is the solution to crime, You wouldnt take it beyond him to ask people to pray that rioters repent like he earlier suggested.

ayusco:

i must say i'm disappointed in alot of comments by posters whose views i respect. dk & kobokunjie i understand and respect your not liking gej but abusing him for asking a candidate to cool the temper of his suppourters(over whom he has a large influence) is abit much. if police & army are sent to quell the riots in the north we all know people will die from there shyte escalates. what he did is not shirking responsibility but a leader trying to maturely resolve the situation. if he behaved like some dictators he would have charged buhari with incitement and tossed his behind in jail

People are being killed, properties are being destroyed, Ayusco almost everyone in the country knew there would be demonstrations after elction results.

If Buhari had won there would have been demonstrations in the SS and SE, likewise same for the North if GEJ won.

What should a responsible president do in the light of that?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Arosa(m): 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
I think GEJ should reach out to these amagiris through BBC Hausa. He is the president of the whole Nigeria they might listen and be sensible.  undecided
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by IykeD(m): 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
Here we go again, a president calling opposition leaders to call their supporters to order in a country he is alleged to be the commander-in-chief. This is one of the issues i raised about this man, he is weak and not capable of ruling a country as complex as Nigeria. What if the opposition leaders he is talking about deny any link with the supporters he talked about, so innocent citizens will continue getting killed. I know the next thing he will say is that Nigerians should pray for mayhem to end. Good luck to Nigeria indeed!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
It sucks that some eeediots are blaming GEJ for the post election violence. EEEDiots.

22 million Nigerians obviously wants you to shut up. They know better than you and they cant all be wrong.

If it was PDP people fighting, you wont do nothing but call on the PDP leaders to tame their supporters, but because it is CPC, instead of telling them to tame their supporters, you come here to open your mouth to lay the blame on GEJ. EEDiots.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Arosa:

I think GEJ should reach out to these amagiris through BBC Hausa. He is the president of the whole Nigeria they might listen and be sensible.  undecided

Let him sit down and blame Buhari as if Buhari is the President.

A president who prefers pointing fingers instead of taking action. Was that not the same way it happened during October 1 bombings when we spent weeks pointing to Dokpesi, IBB, Okah while lives and properties were lost
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ifyalways(f): 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Kobo,I don't know what u mean by Bigotry?How and when?

Buhari might not be a political leader but he commands respect and has followers in the north,BTWN,I refuse to be drawn into BB V Gej battle.I used BB and others as examples of ppl who command respect up there at the north and don't understand why Buhari shld be singled out and made the subject of my reply?

BTWN,You said Buhari has addressed his supporters to desist from violence,please when and how?

Please don't tell me he said so "online" or on his Fan page.

How many of those almajiri's have access to the internet?Or he is talking to educated elites like you who are mere internet warriors and won't be caught dead carrying arms to fight ur case/cause?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Novice1(m): 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
AFTER PDP ANS ITS COHORTS CLINICALLY EXECUTED THE RIGGING OF THE CENTURY, AND TO ADD SALT TO INJURY, PPLE ARE BUSY INSULTING OUR LEADER OVER THE CYBERSPACE.  THE POINT IS, PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF PDP GOVT. NO POWER, NO WATER, NO ROADS, EDUCATION, OR HEALTHCARE.

ANYWAY, PEOPLE GET THE GOVT THEY DESERVE. WE ARE IN FOR ANOTHER 4-YEAR RIDE THE PDP GOVT.

THEIR CHILDREN WILL CONTINUE TO STUDY  ABROAD, WHILE OUR OWN SERIALLY FAIL WAEC/NECO.
THEY WILL CONTINUE TO JET OUT ON THE SLIGHTEST HEADACHE WHILE NIGERIANS WILL BE DYING AVOIDABLE DEATHS IN DILAPIDATED HOSPITALS.
THEY WILL CONTINUE TO ENJOY 24/7 POWER SUPPLY WITH THEIR IMPORTED GENERATORS, WHILE WE WALLOW IN DARKNESS.
ETC ETC ETC
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
ayusco:

i must say i'm disappointed in alot of comments by posters whose views i respect. dk & kobokunjie i understand and respect your not liking gej but abusing him for asking a candidate to cool the temper of his suppourters(over whom he has a large influence) is abit much. if police & army are sent to quell the riots in the north we all know people will die from there shyte escalates. what he did is not shirking responsibility but a leader trying to maturely resolve the situation. if he behaved like some dictators he would have charged buhari with incitement and tossed his behind in jail

Please stop . . . posts like these makes me wonder how much better the next 4 years will really be for the average Nigerian.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
“My Dear Countrymen and Women,

I have received with great sadness the news of sporadic unrest in some parts of the country which are not unconnected with last Saturday’s elections.

I appeal to those involved to stop this unnecessary and avoidable conduct, more so at this point in time when a lot of sacrifice has been made by all the citizens of this great country in ensuring the conduct of free and fair elections.

All of us are further encouraged by the comments of the independent election monitors and observers both domestic and international on how transparent and credible the elections have been so far.

Therefore, it is with the deepest sense of responsibility that I call on all our political leaders especially the contestants to appeal to their supporters to stop further violence in the interest of stability, peace and well being of this great country.

We must not allow for the loss of any life and as I have always said, no one’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian.

Please remain calm, law abiding and patriotic at this very crucial moment of our history.

Thank you and God Bless  Nigeria!

wheres the emotion? sour grapes
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
There has been an increase in the sale of rat poisons in the diaspora. I understand those of them who wanted Buhari as against Jonathan are begining to eat rat poison as a show of disappointment to their benefactor's loss in the Nigerian Presidential elections. I have rat poisons to export to the States and to Europe in case they want more.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ibedun: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
What an ungovernable bunch - Asking a newly democratically elected president to unleash the Army on these rascals.

Do you guys even think of consequences, contagion and worst case scenarios?

GEJ - Thumbs up!!! with your superior (non-OBJ type) approach.

Based on the comments here the question is  Are we really ready for civilised governance?

Ps -To that guy Not Unconnected = Connected - thanks for making my day. I havent laughed as much in a week.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by agabaI23(m): 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
blacksta:

what does GEJ mean by saying that the chaos is not connected to saturday's election.   is this man deluded?

ok they are fighting over super eagles  - i see
negative-negative is equal to postive.

He said ' which was not [b]un[/b]connected. . '
It is just English my brother!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
ifyalways:

@Kobo,I don't know what u mean by Bigotry?How and when?

Buhari might not be a political leader but he commands respect and has followers in the north,BTWN,I refuse to be drawn into BB V Gej battle.I used BB and others as examples of ppl who command respect up there at the north and don't understand why Buhari shld be singled out and made the subject of my reply?

BTWN,You said Buhari has addressed his supporters to desist from violence,please when and how?

Please don't tell me he said so "online" or on his Fan page.

How many of those almajiri's have access to the internet?Or he is talking to educated elites like you who are mere internet warriors and won't be caught dead carrying arms to fight your case/cause?

It does not have to be a BB vs Goodluck nonsence. Goodluck has been and remains Head of state. He controls the police force, the army, the security forces.

Some Northern leaders, including Buhari have stepped up to the plate. It is time for you folks to start calling on your president to do the job he was hired, not yesterday, but last year, to do. 

About the medium used, it has never been hard for you and everyone else to get information that was pasted on that same Facebook page down to you, has it? I mean much of the reports you read of in the news were taken from the facebook site and the website. So why is it now an issue that a man uses the same available medium to him, to send out another message?

You mention Almajiri's, I ask you, how many of them have access to TV's and Newspapers etc?? Please stop being ridiculous! 

This is on the news out here and no, the international media is not asking why Buhari is not going to TV Stations and newspapers. No, they are asking why the security forces, controlled by the Nigerian Government, are yet to get out to the streets in FULL FORCE.  You should see how they are looking at this. Not lambasting Buhari as you all are - they are instead wondering what the Federal is doing to ensure the violence is controlled and in time too.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
ibedun:

What an ungovernable bunch - Asking a newly democratically elected president to unleash the Army on these rascals.

Based on the comments here the question is  Are we really ready for civilised governance?

Ps -To that guy Not Unconnected = Connected - thanks for making my day. I havent laughed as much in a week.

Havent you realised it is the frustrated diasporians led by the Queen or King KJ making all their nonsense noise?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by agabaI23(m): 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
ibedun:

You be winch? grin grin
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
They have four long years to cry. I am so sorry for them.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dayokanu(m): 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
ibedun:

Pls who is the current president or who is currently responsible for security in the country?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
time to divide nigeria! divide it, i say divide it!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
engineerd:

Naaaaaa - time to tell the psycho diasporians to zip it.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
We condemn ANY and EVERY form of violence. We lost elections in 2003 and 2007 and went to court. We WILL NEVER resort to violence. We ask that all our supporters and all Nigerians to remain peaceful and law abiding citizens of Nigeria. GOD Bless Nigeria and Nigerians,
General Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2011

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
werepeLeri:

Naaaaaa - time to tell the psycho diasporians to zip it.
time for u to go chew on some mushroom top!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ayusco: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
@kobojunkie first of i'm NOT a gej person but just trying to analyse issues objectively. pls pray tell wat in ur opinion shld gej do that would avoid massive blood shed
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by naijaking1: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
engineerd:

No, no, no.
Time to reduce the Hausa/Fulani to their natural size cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu, Fayemi, Ikuforiji & Alake At Democratic Party Convention / Happy Birthday To Prof Chinua Achebe / Election Tribunal: INEC Staff Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.