Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,760 members, 7,955,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:58 PM

Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order (13212 Views)

Photo: Caption This Bukola Saraki's "Support" Banner Displayed By His Supporters / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) / Goodluck Asks Buhari Questions He Cant Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Apr 19, 2011
LadyT:

You are paranoid did i mention any names?

Calm down seriously and take your own advice and read before you comment. Stating "I think" is not the same as "kobojunkie has said"

umm . . . the post you inserted your view to was in response to a MISREAD/MISINTERPRETED/TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT post of mine!!! In essence it was directed to me ! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Eziachi: 12:22am On Apr 19, 2011
How would Buhari perform this appeal to the street dog as I have heard one of called the so called rioters? Will be NTA/FRCN? Where his face/VOICE both banned by unknown orders from the top.

Or will he go to NN24? That won't work as we were fed for weeks after Jonathan used every excuse available to man to avoid a debate on NN24 that nobody watches it. Can somebody suggest where Buhari's appeal should be channel through?

Should he call a rally? That will be a no no because PDP through Doyin Okupe said few weeks ago that those that attend Buhari's rallies are not the elite or the middle class but religious fanatics who came to be whipped to frenzy, so what good will it do if they are to whipped into frenzy when he talks?
Frenzy leads to more riots, I would have thought.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by LadyT(f): 12:24am On Apr 19, 2011
I agreed with the post because with everything listed that GEJ has done I know some people will still complain because they cant stand the man.
The fact that:

1)The Army spokesman was on NTA news, warning all miscreants that the army would defend democracy at all costs. Battle tanks and military convoys were shown traversing various areas of unrest.

2)Dusk to dawn curfews have been imposed on the 5 affected northern states TILL FURTHER NOTICE.

3)The police chief warned that his forces were fully mobilised to deal with hoodlums in all areas.

4)And then Jonathan himself appeared and made his statement condemning the violence and requesting that all political candidates rein in their supporters.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 19, 2011
resolving this will be difficult probably a nightmare - but then again, no one said being the president of an entity like nigeria would be easy

get to work, johnny

on the flip side, i'd recommend that buhari make a call for calm on national tv, but as pointed out, considering the pointed refusal to give him airtime during the election runup. . .

i wonder just what is going through the minds of the international community, considering the fact that it is as clear as rain that there was rigging what with the almost 100% voter turnout - sort of like cheating by dumb fellows in school - there was this scandal in my final year, when come guys got the key to the deans office and then started on the master students list altering their cgpas . they might have gotten away clean, but when notorious neerdowells with gpas of 1 and below suddenly have gpas in the 2.1 range - that was how the bottom fell out of that

free fair and fudged elections
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by agabaI23(m): 12:39am On Apr 19, 2011
oyb:

resolving this will be difficult probably a nightmare - but then again, no one said being the president of an entity like nigeria would be easy

get to work, johnny

on the flip side, i'd recommend that buhari make a call for calm on national tv, but as pointed out, considering the pointed refusal to give him airtime during the election runup. . .

i wonder just what is going through the minds of the international community, considering the fact that it is as clear as rain that there was rigging what with the almost 100% voter turnout - sort of like cheating by dumb fellows in school - there was this scandal in my final year, when come guys got the key to the deans office and then started on the master students list altering their cgpas . they might have gotten away clean, but when notorious neerdowells with gpas of 1 and below suddenly have gpas in the 2.1 range - that was how the bottom fell out of that

free fair and fudged elections
Transistor radios.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 19, 2011
President Jonathan made this statement as a sign of warning to Buhari and his supporters before force is being used to contain the situation because to be harmed is to be warned.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Basseti: 12:47am On Apr 19, 2011
Seriously, if we are talking about rigging, why are not talking about the under-age voters in the North? Or is that not considered rigging to? undecided

Why are we giving the impression that the only party guilty of rigging (if there was any) was PDP? undecided
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by jedisco(m): 12:49am On Apr 19, 2011
@koboj please reply this post
Rossikk:

kobojunkie said

Some of you people who live abroad really make me wanna puke. You sit in America talking rubbish about things you know nothing about. You sit there just knowing Jonathan has ''done nothing''. Tell me, do you get any Nigerian news channels were you live? If you did (and watched them) you would see that EVERYTHING you claim he has not done, he HAS in fact done. The Army spokesman was on NTA news, warning all miscreants that the army would defend democracy at all costs. Battle tanks and military convoys were shown traversing various areas of unrest.

Dusk to dawn curfews have been imposed on the 5 affected northern states TILL FURTHER NOTICE. The police chief  warned on NTA that his forces were fully mobilised to deal with hoodlums in all areas. And then Jonathan himself appeared and made his statement condemning the violence and requesting that all political candidates rein in their supporters.

WHAT THE HELL MORE DO YOU WANT?

Sorry, but we have a civilized, educated person as president, not some fire-spitting, pepper-soup guzzling thug, of the type you prefer.

President Goodluck Jonathan has reacted in the right way. His job as president is not to inflame the situation, not to come on TV threatening fire and brimstone, but to stabilize and calm the nation.

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 19, 2011
Basseti:

Seriously, if we are talking about rigging, why are not talking about the under-age voters in the North? Or is that not considered rigging to? undecided

Why are we giving the impression that the only party guilty of rigging (if there was any) was PDP? undecided

and who says the rigging in the north is cpc driven?

if it was cpc they would have swept nass
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Apr 19, 2011
jedisco:

@koboj please reply this post

I can't do that because the post has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have typed so far on this issue . . . feel free to respond to the accusations leveled if you want . . . I am not in the mood to correct anyone on the importance of maintaining context anymore. cheesy
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by mrjingles(m): 12:55am On Apr 19, 2011
Clearly a lot of the posts here are from people high on emotions and some with the mistaken idea that campaign for the presidency is on going. There is clearly a misunderstanding of the DEMOCRATIC procedures in such matters. The GOVERNOR is the chief security officer in each state, so they are the ones to take the FIRST action on this. There's a curfew in place in Kaduna and Kano invoked by the Governors. If the situation deteriorates further the President MAY have to declare a state of emergency, that is when the Federal level can take over.

Those shouting "kill them" are uninformed and shortsighted, imagine the president sending troops to shoot and kill at the first sign of trouble, it will further inflame passions and worsen the situation. The curfew is sufficient for now and the presidents call for calm is proper. Do you guys want him to say "This government will deal with all troublemakers"? Thats military speak which does not belong in a civil society. For those "missing" obasanjo, ask the survivors of Odi and Zaki Biam, force was excessive and did not solve the problem.

Ladies and gentlemen presidential elections are over and quit insulting the president, if you dont respect the man, respect his office. All those calling him names, I wonder how well you are running YOUR personal affairs. Some cant even manage a bloody DESK. Lots have NEVER held any leadership position, you are just keyboard warriors and "experts" If you think you can do better why not run for office, councilor for a start?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by mrjingles(m): 1:01am On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I can't do that because the post has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have typed so far on this issue . . . feel free to respond to the accusations leveled if you want . . . I am not in the mood to correct anyone on the importance of maintaining context anymore. cheesy

Typical. People just ignore this woman, discussing with her is impossible, she rushes to comment on issues she is not remotely qualified to talk about. thats the beauty of the internet and forums like this, anybody can say whatever the want.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Basseti: 1:04am On Apr 19, 2011
oyb:

and who says the rigging in the north is cpc driven?

if it was cpc they would have swept nass

So the under age voters in the North voted for GEJ?

CPC is suddenly now a party full of saints and knights? undecided
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Integritas: 1:20am On Apr 19, 2011
In my opinion, GEJ's response is mature and the right move to make at this point it time. The situation at hand is sensitive and delicate especially with the undercurrent of religion and ethnicity involved. He is right by the advice to the Party leaders. There are different strategic considerations covering various parameters right through from domestic to international at play here. If the response is too heavy handed, it could lead to some foreign involvement etc taking undue advantage of the situation. My thinking is we need to approach this with wisdom and calculated action.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by lastpage: 1:33am On Apr 19, 2011
@Mrjingles
Clearly a lot of the posts here are from people high on emotions  DRUGS and some with the mistaken idea that campaign for the presidency is on going.

Some peeps hatred for GEJ,  is gradually driving them insane! grin grin

Go hug a wet Transformer if you dont like it, GEJ FOR LIFE! tongue tongue

If the miscreants dont sheath their swords, as advised by the President, then they would witness  the "real GEJ", the one that we all pray not to see!

UNLEASH THE DRAGON jooo!

The gentility of a cat is not an excuse to assume timidity grin grin Walahi, l too blow grammar now-adays! grin

BTW: GEJ and the South Westerners, fooled everyone, including BB! The result is the reason wink
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by UNEXPECTED(m): 1:34am On Apr 19, 2011
they fight bcuz they are goat, nmeeeee
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by daqskin: 2:29am On Apr 19, 2011
Is Buhari the Commander in chief of the armed forces?

Is Buhari responsible for the security of citizens?

This man is as clueless as ever.

In case you dont know Odechukwu, You are the commander in Chief and responsible for the security of Nigerians.

I have never seen a president shy away from his repsonsibilty like this man.

Maybe we should heed his call and pray for rioters to repent

Nonsense
control D for your entire family, cool please i am begging you to LOOK AT MY NEW SIGNATURE, cool cool cool cool
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Makbo: 2:38am On Apr 19, 2011
So will you call France or UK to bombard Nigeria like you did for Cote d'Ivoire just to install the D-Democracy?This is an electoral stand-off too. Isn't it?
Here we are, with the insanity of Africans!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by daqskin: 3:02am On Apr 19, 2011
In my opinion, GEJ's response is mature and the right move to make at this point it time. The situation at hand is sensitive and delicate especially with the undercurrent of religion and ethnicity involved. He is right by the advice to the Party leaders. There are different strategic considerations covering various parameters right through from domestic to international at play here. If the response is too heavy handed, it could lead to some foreign involvement etc taking undue advantage of the situation. My thinking is we need to approach this with[b] wisdom and calculated action[/b].
WISDOM AND CALCULATED ACTION where have you been since ? some illiterate here might have missed your post so i decided to quote for them, please tell them again [b]WISDOM AND CALCULATED ACTION [/b]thats what an EDUCATED PRESIDENT would do,  not a brainwashed lipsrsealed leader who will cry and say ITS MY LAST CHANCE TO CRY ON NATIONAL TEEVEE PLEASE PASTOR GIVE ME YOUR LAPS SO THAT NIGERIANS AND THE WORLD CAN PITY ME I REALLY FORGOT MY BRAINS IN THE VILLA plus i thought i could just fart a little but it ACTUALLY TURNED TO BE SHYTE IN MY PANTS i dont know if these journalists will perceive the stench sob sob cry cry cry cry cry cool hey[b] B[/b]LACK [b]B[/b]ERRY have you seen my new signature cool cool cool
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by werepeLeri: 3:35am On Apr 19, 2011
these mucuns are still here banging their head against the wall as if God has created them to be any wiser than the rest. isint it a shame that day in day out, all you do, (they know themselves) is sit behind your rusty computer and write like you are one wise woman or man when in actual fact you cant make a single decision for your life to make it progressive? Isint it a shame that for the past 6 years, you have been on Nairaland suggesting and criticising and writing rubbish when in actual fact you are not listened to and non of your points make any viable meaning?

Why not just ban yourself and get something else to do rather than coming to NL to shame yourself? they know who they are. Lets root them out like we did their master Buhari.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 19, 2011
Such an order coming from the commander in chief is laughable. Is that the best he can do?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

these mucuns are still here banging their head against the wall as if God has created them to be any wiser than the rest. isint it a shame that day in day out, all you do, (they know themselves) is sit behind your rusty computer and write like you are one wise woman or man when in actual fact you cant make a single decision for your life to make it progressive? Isint it a shame that for the past 6 years, you have been on Nairaland suggesting and criticising and writing rubbish when in actual fact you are not listened to and non of your points make any viable meaning?

Why not just ban yourself and get something else to do rather than coming to NL to shame yourself? they know who they are. Lets root them out like we did their master Buhari.
yes o! if only some people can just ignore that unobjective, i-know-it-all shem of a poster who doesn't have a live
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ayosmiles(m): 4:29am On Apr 19, 2011
the division nd bitterness in dis forum is alarmin. please d right thin 2 do is appeal 4 calm nd not aggravate issues
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by samtek(m): 4:38am On Apr 19, 2011
i think Goodluck has done the best thing; calling on partys and contestants to call their supporters to order, and i wounder why ppl are calling him a weakling, should he have ordered a battalion to kill everyone in the unrested areas?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ayosmiles(m): 4:43am On Apr 19, 2011
goodluck has done well, buhari also condemn d violence on aljazeera but d problem cuts deeper than these 2 leaders
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by 10cirenoh: 6:02am On Apr 19, 2011
Quote from: Eziachi on Today at 07:39:09 PM
And where are the millions tht vote for Jonathan in those area? Aren't they meant to be in the majority. They should not allow minority to make a fool of their majority mandate.

Now this is funny

why are the minority killing and causing mayhem in the majority held states?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by samtek(m): 6:25am On Apr 19, 2011
Becos the majority won and are not spite by the result, whereas same can be said for the minority that lost
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Hodaya(m): 6:40am On Apr 19, 2011
Just hours after been announced the winner of the past election, GEJ just showed how incompetent he is for the job. I'm wondering if the riot in the north wasn't anticipated earlier and proper security measures put in place to prevent loss of lives and properties.

Now he failed to plan ahead for this possible outcome & instead blaming buhari for his incompetence.

Anyways I'm prepared for the next 4 year to be same as the past 12years.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 19, 2011
I was at first amused, now irritated by the abject ignorance of some of the junkies on this forum who live overseas, have no grasp of practical realities on the ground here in Nigeria, but think they can argue sensibly about matters pertaining to politics and governance in the country. That they hate Jonathan's face means that the left side of their brains cannot function properly. Some people need to get a life.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by atasteve: 8:43am On Apr 19, 2011
mrjingles:

Clearly a lot of the posts here are from people high on emotions and some with the mistaken idea that campaign for the presidency is on going. There is clearly a misunderstanding of the DEMOCRATIC procedures in such matters. The GOVERNOR is the chief security officer in each state, so they are the ones to take the FIRST action on this. There's a curfew in place in Kaduna and Kano invoked by the Governors. If the situation deteriorates further the President MAY have to declare a state of emergency, that is when the Federal level can take over.

Those shouting "kill them" are uninformed and shortsighted, imagine the president sending troops to shoot and kill at the first sign of trouble, it will further inflame passions and worsen the situation. The curfew is sufficient for now and the presidents call for calm is proper. Do you guys want him to say "This government will deal with all troublemakers"? Thats military speak which does not belong in a civil society. For those "missing" obasanjo, ask the survivors of Odi and Zaki Biam, force was excessive and did not solve the problem.

Ladies and gentlemen presidential elections are over and quit insulting the president, if you dont respect the man, respect his office. All those calling him names, I wonder how well you are running YOUR personal affairs. Some cant even manage a bloody DESK. Lots have NEVER held any leadership position, you are just keyboard warriors and "experts" If you think you can do better why not run for office, councilor for a start?

Hmmmmmmm, objective talk from somebody that knows about how governance works. A call to look INWARDS before looking OUTWARDS, KEYBOARD WARRIORS
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ayo84(m): 8:45am On Apr 19, 2011
Goodluck jonathan had first hand experience of the volatility of the north,he paid a visit to emir of zaria,and its no longer a rumour that the emir was generously doled over 500 million to secure his area, this happened like 3 weeks ago, youths and ordinary hausas who believe in transparency and accountability and follow a leader (buhari) who is incorruptible took to the streets and almost lynched him, that was almost 3 weeks ago. Wasn't gej smart enuf to realise that the north is not his typical south south neighbourhood where after you settle the chiefs and the boys, they wud go home and any riging you wan do make you do am, you see the problem of bringig a man who wants to spread his silly corrupt ideology.now imagine replicating the same zaria incidence again on election day and in various parts of the north. Shame on gej , shame on the ruling elite in the north, who connived with him, the blood of innocent people are on their heads
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by rasputinn(m): 8:56am On Apr 19, 2011
Why are some anti-President Jonathan idiotic nairalanders posting nonsense herelet it go,THE MAN WON THE ELECTION FAIR AND SQUARE AS ATTESTED TO BY INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS.Your frustrations if taken too far could actually harm your health  grin grin grin

BTW,asking mallam buhari;the national leader of almajiris and boko haram to call his fellow bushmen to order was just a way of warning him in the most polite of ways.

Little wonder it is said that my people perish for lack of knowledge,y'all really have no clue how strong-willed GEJ is

After all the huffing and puffing by the almajiris in the north who are responding to promptings by the national head of boko haram,malam depotihadu buhari to riot,all will calm down and NOTHING WILL CHANGE AS PER THE RESULT OF THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

President Jonathan has instructed the army hierachy to assist the police in that regard,so if the i.diotic almajiris refuse to go back into the bushes from whence they came out,surely they'll pay with their lives AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

So it's all huff and puff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Storms Bauchi Presidential Rally Venue (Videos) / Abia PDP Ignores Ikpeazu, Vows To Challenge Alex Otti's Victory In Court / 9th NASS: An Indolent Weak Rubberstamp - Punch Editorial Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.