Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order (13104 Views)

Photo: Caption This Bukola Saraki's "Support" Banner Displayed By His Supporters / Oby Ezekwesili Asks Buhari A Troubling Question (see Tweet) / Goodluck Asks Buhari Questions He Cant Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by reindeer: 10:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
Reggie2:

I don't understand how and why any reasonable fellow would want a guy who's not been officially sworn in as a winner, to call in the army at this stage, in order to show that he is strong! Guys should remember that no matter where opposition or violence is coming from, GEJ is the head of state of the entire country and not just of the south! More-so over 25% from almost all northern states voted for him. Conflict resolution is not always a matter of force.  The country needs stability to progress and only God knows what these guys from the north really want?

He is a sitting president, ha has all the powers of the office ok?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by IykeD1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2011

Well, he will not be sworn in till May 29th, so till then, he is still the president that was sworn in last year, and I have no excuses to make for him. I expect him to act when the people need him to and this is a good time for the president to step up to the plate. There is no reason why we should wake up to more violence tommorow, so he needs to get to work to ensure that it is done with asap.

But what is it do you want him to do today that he hasn't done? This reminds me of the BP oil spill, when people were calling for
Obama to "do something", even though he has done all that can be done, which was to assemble the best minds and offer them
the resources they need to solve the problem - which has no immediate solution. Of course, GEJ he is the president still, but what
specifically do you want him to do in the past 12 hours that he is yet to do? He hasn't spat fire and brimstone on TV yet or is it that
he his not in Kano with his AK-47?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by sbeezy8: 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
[size=14pt]WHY? GEJ IS THE PRESIDENT[/size]

too soft
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by jeffman(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
kobojunkie and dayokanu. please be objective na. Ah Ah ur anti GEJ is too much. Truth is peeps dont know leadership is tough when they make these internet rants. No matter what GEJ does u guys must have sometin to say. Who told u d military is not there? i have friends who are serving there and the military is on ground and there is a 24hrs curfew is those areas which is a good way to quell a civil unrest lest the military would just end up killing civilians. You guys just talk as if u dont know what leadership entails. u weigh several courses b4 taking an action. GEJ know what he is doing. I am not his fan largely because he does not pass for an intelligent person or know how to manage his perception well but it does not mean i would be GEJ fault finding. even if votes in SE,SS were inflated by what margin. Truth is GEJ cannot get less than 98% in these regions. Some peeps in my village dont even know buhari is contesting. GEJ had far more access to money and resources coupled with PDP's establish structure. U shld expect GEJ to win na. Buhari's main support was from the muslim north and educated internet (+diaspora) youth. the latter are negligible in voting statistics.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by IykeD1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2011

too soft

I will take a result oriented "too soft" leader than a bull headed leader (too hard) who almost always makes disastrous
decisions in his hastiness.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by LadyT(f): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
Look he is not too soft extra blood shed is not the answer all other avenues must be exhusted before we go down the violence route.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kajiang02(m): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
&d idiot almajiris r fighting,
dt power must go to buhari.
those urchins dt hv bn brainwashed even wit alkali,
Buhari imsef is no gud news,since he plays mute to this,
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by londoner: 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
Jonathan should not send in the army and go in heavy handed as some are saying. Buhari and his supporters are trying to tempt him into doing precisely that, because they want to cause mayhem.

He should get on with the business of being sworn in and get on with the job of governing Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
Iyke-D:

But what is it do you want him to do today that he hasn't done?  This reminds me of the BP oil spill, when people were calling for Obama to "do something", even though he has done all that can be done, which was to assemble the best minds and offer them the resources they need to solve the problem - which has no immediate solution. Of course, GEJ he is the president still, but what specifically do you want him to do in the past 12 hours that he is yet to do? He hasn't spat fire and brimstone on TV yet or is it that he his not in Kano with his AK-47?

lol . . . here's the problem here. You jumped in on a separate conversation going on on whether he should send in forces(military and police) or not. I am the one arguing that he should send them asap and more of the army and forces, while the other side was arguing that he should wait to send it since our forces are dubious and not as trained as those in other parts of the world. It is not really a "Jonathan is not doing anything at all" argument but more a "What is right/wrong response in this situation" argument.

lol  . . . these things happen lol .

You know what I would like though? It's for Nigerians to, like the americans you described put the heat under their leaders more often, rather than seek ways to quiet those who are trying to do just that. I have said nothing of the President so far that is a lie, and I don't see reason why anyone would attempt to pretend I am on the "Other" side of this or anyother conversation simply for calling for action/more of it, especially for the good of people who are right now living in terror.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
jeffman:

kobojunkie and dayokanu. please be objective na. Ah Ah your anti GEJ is too much. Truth is peeps dont know leadership is tough when they make these internet rants. No matter what GEJ does u guys must have sometin to say. Who told u d military is not there? i have friends who are serving there and the military is on ground and there is a 24hrs curfew is those areas which is a good way to quell a civil unrest lest the military would just end up killing civilians. You guys just talk as if u dont know what leadership entails. u weigh several courses b4 taking an action. GEJ know what he is doing. I am not his fan largely because he does not pass for an intelligent person or know how to manage his perception well but it does not mean i would be GEJ fault finding. even if votes in SE,SS were inflated by what margin. Truth is GEJ cannot get less than 98% in these regions. Some peeps in my village dont even know buhari is contesting. GEJ had far more access to money and resources coupled with PDP's establish structure. U shld expect GEJ to win na. Buhari's main support was from the muslim north and educated internet (+diaspora) youth. the latter are negligible in voting statistics.

WOW . . . you people don't read, do you?? shocked
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by proudly9ja(m): 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari lost election in 2003, there was no violence, he lost in 2007, there was no violence. In 1993, when IBB annulled MKOs election, there was violence in d south. Nobody said it had anything to do with tribalism.
Fact is, when people feel they have been cheated, they fight against it. I am totally against violence but this isn't happening because Buhari lost, it is happening because PDP rigged.

Now GEJ should do his work and quell the uprising
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by ayusco: 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie as i said earlier i respect ur views but this ur 'where did i say  it' responses even though u inferred it posts r annoying at best but i digress. This is the last time i will explain my point like someone who posted the aljazeera story said soldiers n police were already deployed to douse the situation but u must realise that u r dealing with a maṣṣ of illiterates bayin 4 blood who will hav 2 b dealt with extreme force leading to maṣs loss of life n property wc wld then lead to pple most probably accuṣing gej ọf maṣṣacraring northerners wc further heats up the polity so by askin buhari who d irate youth regard highly to help cool frayed nerves is not so out of place. Like i asked earlier wat wld u do diffirent 4rm gej since his approach is ṣo wrọng and plṣ spare me the 'he iṣ c-in-c' bs giv realistic answers
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by jeffman(m): 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
@kobojunkie did u see the CPC statement

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kayode-ogundamisi/statement-by-the-congress-for-progressive-change-on-the-on-going-violence-caused/10150228728986171

look at items 6 & 7 of that statement. Then imagine wat CPC will be saying if GEJ goes odi approach.

meanwhile  I dont know if there is sometin u want me to read o. lemme know. i no too sabi book like dat  grin
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Pataki: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
proudly9ja:

Buhari lost election in 2003, there was no violence, he lost in 2007, there was no violence. In 1993, when IBB annulled MKOs election, there was violence in d south. Nobody said it had anything to do with tribalism.
Fact is, when people feel they have been cheated, they fight against it. I am totally against violence but this isn't happening because Buhari lost, it is happening because PDP rigged.

Thank you in a million ways!

The North knows they never voted for PDP the way, the INEC results have shown it. This is not about Buhari, this is about making them feel they are stupid and cheated.

They could have harassed other anti-CPC voters like what happened in the SS and SE, but they rather did not.

To now inflate results and expect peace and calm to reign, is like asking for bread buttered with faeces. It just simply wont go down well.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by OAM4J: 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
I tried as much as possible to refrain myself from posting on this thread, but the more I read a number of posts here the more I feel pained about a good number of us.

It does not require a rocket scientist to know that there will be pockets of unrest/violence here and there after the election no matter the outcome.

If Buhari has won am sure SS will be boiling as we speak and I wonder how many of us will hold GEJ responsible as we are holding Buhari responsible for this violence.

I am not against GEJ calling on Buhari and all other people of influence in the North to reach out to the troublemakers, but beyond that, what other measures were taken before and after the election to forestall peace?

This is a period we all need to refrain ourselves from making comments that will only overheat the situation. All these name callings is not the solution if anything it portrays many of us as equal to the almajeris we blame and condemn.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Oddities: 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
The reality just dawned on this people  that they've lost the Power,which they always believed is their Birthright.
In all honesty,it will be wholly absurd for any right thinking person to believe could ever win.BuHari has never been focused,and he is an awful loser,i think he is treading on the path that will lead him to his nemesis,because he has been one of the greatest ills of this country.
Desperate Northerners,one word for you,Sheathe your sword,or you get killed by it, No one holds the monopoly of Violence.This is a Sovereign nation,For God sake.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by houvest: 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
“We condemn ANY and EVERY form of violence. We lost elections in 2003 and 2007 and went to court. We WILL NEVER resort to violence. We ask that all our supporters and all Nigerians to remain peaceful and law abiding citizens of Nigeria. GOD Bless Nigeria and Nigerians.”
- Gen Muhammadu Buhari on his facebook page

Interesting development. Surely these bloodletting Almajiris have checked BB's facebook status on their BB and have stopped their mayhem. No Army was needed. BB's Facebook status update on their BB did the trick.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Princek12(m): 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
proudly9ja:

Use your brain. Why would you even compare the 1993 annulment to this situation. In 1993, a free and fair election was annulled without any reason set forth. That fool called IBB just annulled it for annulment's sake. In a recent interview IBB said he annulled it for reasons he did not want to disclose. Here, a free and fair election, conducted by an independent body, with the results collated in public, has just happened. What evidence do you have that PDP rigged?
You are a sorry loser.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by dgr8truth(m): 11:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
GEJ is clueless,
GEJ is dumb,
GEJ is soft,
GEJ is foolish,
Those are the reasons why I voted for him. Come to think of it, the clueless one defected Atiku, the dumb one triumph over Ciroma, IBB the maradona of Nigerian politics. Does it not say something of his cluelessness, dumbness, softness and foolishness?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by AkoEja: 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
GEJ is not my choice, but he won.
Buhari is an idiot to not be playing a part in ending the violence. Innocent idiots will just die for nothing.

If Buhari is worthy of the presidency, he should have have come out to ask people to stop rioting.
I was beginning to respect him, but I was right all along, the guy is a religious fanatic, gooro-chewing fool.
A man of character would have shown evidence of leadership by now.
What a not-so-smart person!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Princek12(m): 11:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
OAM4J:

I tried as much as possible to refrain myself from posting on this thread, but the more I read a number of posts here the more I feel pained about a good number of us.

It does not require a rocket scientist to know that there will be pockets of unrest/violence here and there after the election no matter the outcome.

If Buhari has won am sure SS will be boiling as we speak and I wonder how many of us will hold GEJ responsible as we are holding Buhari responsible for this violence.

I am not against GEJ calling on Buhari and all other people of influence in the North to reach out to the troublemakers, but beyond that, what other measures were taken before and after the election to forestall peace?

This is a period we all need to refrain ourselves from making comments that will only overheat the situation. All these name callings is not the solution if anything it portrays many of us as equal to the almajeris we blame and condemn.

Use your brain and use facts to support it. How can you say the south would have resorted to violence like those Almajiris if GEJ had lost. For 38 years, Northerners have rigged themselves into power. How many times has the south resorted to these barbaric acts after their candidate lost an election?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by AkoEja: 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Let's not turn this into a North-South affair, because, in reality, there is no North and South. Human beings are not land spaces. There are GEJ supporters in the North as you have Buhari Southern supporters.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by OAM4J: 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Princek12:

Use your brain and use facts to support it. How can you say the south would have resorted to violence like those Almajiris if GEJ had lost. For 38 years, Northerners have rigged themselves into power. How many times has the south resorted to these barbaric acts after their candidate lost an election?

My dear you are the one that need to check the facts. Electoral violence has never been limited to any region of the country since Independence. Pls read up.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by igboboy1(m): 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
Goodluck Nigerian president #1 ooo,
GEJ PDP magician
Everybody puta nu kayi tewu ya tewu ya, tewu ya tewu ya
Ewo GEJ e ge gbu dayokanu, e ge gbu tpiah, e ge gbu fstranger, infact anybody wey iwe ne we' e  gbu ha nile'

the did has been done dayokanu, whether u call him odechukwu from now till tomorrow guess what na our Bros J still dey shit for Aso rock and its your ACN that is crying,  ooo weee victory is sweet (ehen teel ur brothers in the north to stop bombing things nau ah ah)
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Rossikk(m): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
kobojunkie said

Well, I don't think it is wiser for the president to fold his hands and do nothing. He has had about a year to work on preparing the forces to better manage these sort of crisis. He has had an average of one riot a month to test the preparedness of the team on since he took office last year. I don't think at this point we still need to be deciding on his behalf whether he should send them in or not send them in.  He is a grown man with serious responsibilities here . .

Some of you people who live abroad really make me wanna puke. You sit in America talking rubbish about things you know nothing about. You sit there just knowing Jonathan has ''done nothing''. Tell me, do you get any Nigerian news channels were you live? If you did (and watched them) you would see that EVERYTHING you claim he has not done, he HAS in fact done. The Army spokesman was on NTA news, warning all miscreants that the army would defend democracy at all costs. Battle tanks and military convoys were shown traversing various areas of unrest.

Dusk to dawn curfews have been imposed on the 5 affected northern states TILL FURTHER NOTICE. The police chief  warned on NTA that his forces were fully mobilised to deal with hoodlums in all areas. And then Jonathan himself appeared and made his statement condemning the violence and requesting that all political candidates rein in their supporters.

WHAT THE HELL MORE DO YOU WANT?

Sorry, but we have a civilized, educated person as president, not some fire-spitting, pepper-soup guzzling thug, of the type you prefer.

President Goodluck Jonathan has reacted in the right way. His job as president is not to inflame the situation, not to come on TV threatening fire and brimstone, but to stabilize and calm the nation.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by igboboy1(m): 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
Rossikk:

kobojunkie said

Some of you people who live abroad really make me wanna puke. You sit in America talking rubbish about things you know nothing about. You sit there just knowing Jonathan has ''done nothing''. Tell me, do you get any Nigerian news channels were you live? If you did (and watched them) you would see that EVERYTHING you claim he has not done, he HAS in fact done. The Army spokesman was on NTA news, warning all miscreants that the army would defend democracy at all costs. Battle tanks and military convoys were shown traversing various areas of unrest.

Dusk to dawn curfews have been imposed on the 5 affected northern states TILL FURTHER NOTICE. The police chief warned that his forces were fully mobilised to deal with hoodlums in all areas. And then Jonathan himself appeared and made his statement condemning the violence and requesting that all political candidates rein in their supporters.

I guess they want him to carry knife and tie head tie like Rambo, When you have natural hatred for someone if he acts they find a fault if he doesnt act they find a fault, I guess e dey pain dem gaga (ekwe angle 90, GEJ haters una no reach) Bunch of Anuofias
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by LadyT(f): 12:00am On Apr 19, 2011
Rossikk:

kobojunkie said

Dusk to dawn curfews have been imposed on the 5 affected northern states TILL FURTHER NOTICE. The police chief warned that his forces were fully mobilised to deal with hoodlums in all areas. And then Jonathan himself appeared and made his statement condemning the violence and requesting that all political candidates rein in their supporters.

Sorry, but we have a civilized, educated person as president, not a thug, of the type you prefer.

President Goodluck Jonathan has reacted in the right way. His job as president is not to inflame the situation, not to come on TV spitting fire, and but to stabilize and calm the nation.

I think people just have blind hate for GEJ he cannot and should not use full force.
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 12:04am On Apr 19, 2011
ayusco:

Kobojunkie as i said earlier i respect your views but this your 'where did i say  it' responses even though u inferred it posts r annoying at best but i digress. This is the last time i will explain my point like someone who posted the aljazeera story said soldiers n police were already deployed to douse the situation but u must realise that u r dealing with a maṣṣ of illiterates bayin 4 blood who will hav 2 b dealt with extreme force leading to maṣs loss of life n property wc wld then lead to pple most probably accuṣing gej ọf maṣṣacraring northerners wc further heats up the polity so by askin buhari who d irate youth regard highly to help cool frayed nerves is not so out of place. Like i asked earlier wat wld u do diffirent 4rm gej since his approach is ṣo wrọng and plṣ spare me the 'he iṣ c-in-c' bs giv realistic answers

Please learn to READ so you do not get lost and think the other person is to blame for your mistakes in a conversation!! I asked the "Where did I say" because NO WHERE in ANY of my posts to this POINT have I made such a claim. That you, and Others are UNWILLING TO take your time to understand what you are even responding to, is not to be blamed on my person.!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Apr 19, 2011
LadyT:

I think people just have blind hate for GEJ he cannot and should not use full force.

You know what? When someone BLINDLY makes a mistake, and you, rather than verifying their thought, choose to join in LAMPOONING the person who was misread, you become part of the problem. :/

Please learn to follow the context of what is said instead! I know someone else did it to you on another thread and you had a problem with that but you are here trying to do exactly that to my person! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Eziachi: 12:11am On Apr 19, 2011
ufumes:

Though accepting defeat is not easy, if only Buhari could accept defeat, and once again emotionally appeal to his supporters (the way he did when he presented his last manifesto), i believe they would be moved to be more civilized, and halt all d uprising. 
You said it yourself that accepting defeat is not easy, shouldn't you stop the emotionl blackmail and leave the guy alone to drown his sorrow? The result of the election is telling us that Jonathan is more popular or equallly popular as Buhari is in the North.
So why are you calling the less popular person who commands no or little support to go and appeal for calm in the land where is less popular than the callers? Buhari supporters should have been outnumbered by Jonathan supporters according to the poll result.

We were told that the  Northern governors were experts in public persuation and with their expertise they delivered millions of votes cast for Jonathan in the north, isn't it time they equally use the same expertise delivered peace with the same measures they used in persuading milions of people to vote and embrace peace. Those they persuaded supposed to be in the majority, so you re now saying that minority now carries the day?

All the bombs that had been going off left and centre in Niger Delta and Abuja of recent, who was it that has been called to call the bombers to order? In fact C-IN-C came out and said that MEND is not responsible for the bombs.
So if the president is quick to absolve MEND, why can't he o the same with Buhari. How did he know who was behind a civil riot but has no idea who is behind bombing right in the seat of his power?
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On Apr 19, 2011
Eziachi:

You said it yourself that accepting defeat is not easy, shouldn't you stop the emotionl blackmail and leave the guy alone to drown his sorrow? The result of the election is telling us that Jonathan is more popular or equallly popular as Buhari is in the North.
So why are you calling the less popular person who commands no or little support to go and appeal for calm in the land where is less popular than the callers? Buhari supporters should have been outnumbered by Jonathan supporters according to the poll result.

We were told that the  Northern governors were experts in public persuation and with their expertise they delivered millions of votes cast for Jonathan in the north, isn't it time they equally use the same expertise delivered peace with the same measures they used in persuading milions of people to vote and embrace peace. Those they persuaded supposed to be in the majority, so you re now saying that minority now carries the day?

Good one!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Goodluck Asks Buhari To Call His Supporters To Order by LadyT(f): 12:16am On Apr 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You know what? When someone BLINDLY makes a mistake, and you, rather than verifying their thought, choose to join in LAMPOONING the person who was misread, you become part of the problem. :/

Please learn to follow the context of what is said instead! I know someone else did it to you on another thread and you had a problem with that but you are here trying to do exactly that to my person! undecided undecided undecided

You are paranoid did i mention any names?

Calm down seriously and take your own advice and read before you comment. Stating "I think" is not the same as "kobojunkie has said"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan / Tax: Nigeria’s New Oil? / Gbajabiamila Receives Bill Gates Foundation’s Leadership In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.