Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience (6163 Views)

Have You Dated A Big Girl Before? Here Is My Experience With Them / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / "I Dated Her For 8 Years, Never Had Sex With Her, After Her MSc, She Dumped Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by wofayouths(m): 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2021
Some Feminist with a good home training are nice and easy going because they have the right mindset becoming a

Feminist or joining the movement of feminism. They are self motivated and self driven to the core, if you date any of

such ladies, you will keep thanking God for meeting such person because they are backbones to their partners.

Though such people can't marry a provider but a partner. On the other hand, most of them are bittered or angry

because of their negative past experiences with Men. I realized that most feminists have similar past negative

experiences which led some of them into joining the movement just to get comfort and intimidate men as payback.

They are so proud and always want to be in competition with their partner or husband. Such people don't know what

submission means in marriage, they want to override the man by bringing him down instead of supporting each

other to grow. They are very unforgiven because they go into another relationship with bitterness and always in

suspense that what happened in the past relationship may happen in the present one. They are not self driven,

always seeking advice from their fellow angry feminist in their relationship matters.

My Experiences, There was this lady I met during my NYSC, whose name I won't mention at the moment because I

still respect her. We were just friends because my eyes was not on her but on someone else. She was not in any

serious relationship though but there was this my neighbour asking her out and my neighbour always told me about

her because he realized the lady was a bit close to me then and the lady herself told me about the guy because she

didn't like him. Unknown to me that she liked and wanted me because I rescued 2 different ladies from domestic violence and rape (She told me that later).

Fast forward to when we met in Abuja, we reconnected and started talking. I discovered she was even a Feminist and a

leader in one of the states, I ignored that because she was my closed friend before that. The following year I asked

her out and I told her marriage is what I wanted in this relationship, let's pray about it, I don't have time to waste.

In most relationship, challenges comes but what keeps partners together is their ability to understand each other

and thrive above challenges. We had a little challenge, which I apologized and she confirmed to me that she had

forgiven. I was always ready to say sorry if i err, she can testify that. But i was surprised at the things I discovered,

a. I discovered she has not even forgiven me, she was so bittered and I didn't know. Her response to me on phone was normal because she travels most of the times

b. I discovered she was broken from her past relationship and she has not been healed from it and she wanted to use me in the healing process which was a very bad mission for me.

We both have our flaws, my focus was on her good part because I knew everything would be fine if we both agree.

Meeting this lady after the misunderstanding (The misunderstanding was on phone) became a big challenge, I was

ready to meet her wherever she was just to see her, but she kept declining. One day we crossed our path in one of

the Government offices, she saw me first, when I saw her, I caught her pointing her finger at me showing me to her

friend in a disgusting way, when I saw that I just acted like i didn't know her because I didn't want anybody to

disgrace me. I couldn't believe she was the one I saw, because we still talked normal on phone. When i left the place

i called and asked her if she was the one i saw that day, she said NO that she travelled, I marvelled at that

response because only God knew how long this lady has been lying to me that she was not in town and all that. I

don't want to talk about the arrogance and insult which I have always overlooked because I believed it would stop someday.

It's a very pathetic story and lengthy. From my experience, this is my advice to guys that wants to date or marry a Feminist;

1. Don't ask them out until you confirm she is healed from her past mess.

2. Don't even go close to asking them out if they are too glued to their Feminist colleague because they will always get negative advice or hear stories of negative relationship issues that may replicate same in yours, what you hear is what you attract.

3. Watch out their Family background, how does her mum communicate with her father? In a respectful or harsh way? Some of them replicate such traits in their relationship. This is for those who wants to marry a Feminist.

4. Broz watch well before you marry a Feminist ooo

5. Watch out their friends, are their relationship working? If theirs are working, yours would work.

6. Don't be deceived by love at first sight the moment you hear she's a Feminist, she will change it for you if you make a mistake because some of them hardly forgives.

7. Some of them have a very bad character up bringing, don't judge them by that but look out for the good part of them and help them change from their bad character if they want to change.

8. Some Feminists have big spiritual issues and am going to talk about that in my next article.
Many more.

Thanks for ready people.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Ever8090: 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
The one in my compound, she is impossible to live with.
No living thing will live with her for up to a month without quarrel, I have never seen or heard of such a human being..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Ahmed0336(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
In summary, wahala for who plan to date feminists.

4 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by HealerH: 1:39am On Apr 25, 2021
Any good person must detest extremism and avoid their adherents... Gender-related, religion-related, race-related, culture-related, all of them.

I don't care if we're of the same gender or race, I treat you like a stranger if I realize you're an extremist.

22 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by BabbanBura(m): 1:54am On Apr 25, 2021
wofayouths:
Some Feminist with a good home training are nice and easy going because they have the right mindset becoming a

Feminist or joining the movement of feminism. They are self motivated and self driven to the core, if you date any of

such ladies, you will keep thanking God for meeting such person because they are backbones to their partners.

Though such people can't marry a provider but a partner. On the other hand, most of them are bittered or angry

because of their negative past experiences with Men. I realized that most feminists have similar past negative

experiences which led some of them into joining the movement just to get comfort and intimidate men as payback.

They are so proud and always want to be in competition with their partner or husband. Such people don't know what

submission means in marriage, they want to override the man by bringing him down instead of supporting each

other to grow. They are very unforgiven because they go into another relationship with bitterness and always in

suspense that what happened in the past relationship may happen in the present one. They are not self driven,

always seeking advice from their fellow angry feminist in their relationship matters.

My Experiences, There was this lady I met during my NYSC, whose name I won't mention at the moment because I

still respect her. We were just friends because my eyes was not on her but on someone else. She was not in any

serious relationship though but there was this my neighbour asking her out and my neighbour always told me about

her because he realized the lady was a bit close to me then and the lady herself told me about the guy because she

didn't like him. Unknown to me that she liked and wanted me because I rescued 2 different ladies from domestic violence and rape (She told me that later).

Fast forward to when we met in Abuja, we reconnected and started talking. I discovered she was even a Feminist and a

leader in one of the states, I ignored that because she was my closed friend before that. The following year I asked

her out and I told her marriage is what I wanted in this relationship, let's pray about it, I don't have time to waste.

In most relationship, challenges comes but what keeps partners together is their ability to understand each other

and thrive above challenges. We had a little challenge, which I apologized and she confirmed to me that she had

forgiven. I was always ready to say sorry if i err, she can testify that. But i was surprised at the things I discovered,

a. I discovered she has not even forgiven me, she was so bittered and I didn't know. Her response to me on phone was normal because she travels most of the times

b. I discovered she was broken from her past relationship and she has not been healed from it and she wanted to use me in the healing process which was a very bad mission for me.

We both have our flaws, my focus was on her good part because I knew everything would be fine if we both agree.

Meeting this lady after the misunderstanding (The misunderstanding was on phone) became a big challenge, I was

ready to meet her wherever she was just to see her, but she kept declining. One day we crossed our path in one of

the Government offices, she saw me first, when I saw her, I caught her pointing her finger at me showing me to her

friend in a disgusting way, when I saw that I just acted like i didn't know her because I didn't want anybody to

disgrace me. I couldn't believe she was the one I saw, because we still talked normal on phone. When i left the place

i called and asked her if she was the one i saw that day, she said NO that she travelled, I marvelled at that

response because only God knew how long this lady has been lying to me that she was not in town and all that. I

don't want to talk about the arrogance and insult which I have always overlooked because I believed it would stop someday.

It's a very pathetic story and lengthy. From my experience, this is my advice to guys that wants to date or marry a Feminist;

2. Don't even go close to asking them out if they are too glued to their Feminist colleague because they will always get negative advice or hear stories of negative relationship issues that may replicate same in yours, what you hear is what you attract.

3. Watch out their Family background, how does her mum communicate with her father? In a respectful or harsh way? Some of them replicate such traits in their relationship. This is for those who wants to marry a Feminist.

5. Watch out their friends, is their relationship working? If theirs is working, yours would work.

6. Don't be deceived by love at first sight the moment you hear she's a Feminist, she will change it for you if you make a mistake because some of them hardly forgives.

7. Some of them have a very bad character up bringing, don't judge them by that but look out for the good part of them and help them change from their bad character if they want to change.

8. Some Feminists have big spiritual issues and am going to talk about that in my next article.
Many more.

Thanks for ready people.

Most of Nigerian feminists are just a bunch of embittered women or evening newspapers trying to misguide the younger ones, why will anyone entangle himself with anyone of such?

9 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Posotome: 2:25am On Apr 25, 2021
captain jack sparrow: YOU CANT SAVE THE UNSAVEABLE MATE!

LOL
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Amarisco(f): 3:14am On Apr 25, 2021
How valid could this analysis be if you only dated one?

3 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by TheUndercover: 4:26am On Apr 25, 2021
For those unwilling to read long posts, this is the summary:

DON'T DATE OR MARRY A FEMINIST OR AN ASPIRING FEMINIST.

18 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by habsydiamond(m): 4:39am On Apr 25, 2021
Na over Sabi dey kill our girls/ladies ooo... The whites that started the feminist thing no dey exercise am the way we do here... Oyinbo sees it as having the same right as ur man, standing up to him... Providing for the family together, having investments separately, bank savings separately and so on... At the end of the day na divorce dey end most of them... God wey create you ladies to know u are not of the same level with men.... Stick to that and get a man that will understand u... Simply arithmetic

6 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 25, 2021

4 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by potent5(m): 6:27am On Apr 25, 2021
Have we spotted another feminist?
aroundtheearth:
Your points have nothing to do with feminism. You managed to leave out the so-called misunderstanding between you two, which is what caused her change in behaviour towards you.

7 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Drdreyy: 6:59am On Apr 25, 2021
Ever8090:
The one in my compound, she is impossible to live with.
No living thing will live with her for up to a month without quarrel, I have never seen or heard of such a human being..

And have you confirmed that she's a feminist? Most women are just like that except for few ones with very good parental upbringing.
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Sonnobax15(m): 7:02am On Apr 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Op, thanks for your piece of advice..

When I grow up,I go like to date one feminist....

Atleast I go like to experience am too,so that one day,when I chop belleful,I go crase come Nairaland come create thread on how beneficiary it's to date a feminist

Btw,na guyman wey go form SIMP/mumu follow woman nai dey end up as victim to feminism.....My ego alone go show her the kind of stuff I'm made of....It's either she changes her feminist mentality or I impregnate her and discharge leave her

Because na only unwanted pregnancy fit reset woman brain no matter how feminist she may be..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Gabe427: 7:15am On Apr 25, 2021
you write very well...

op dogged a bullet....

I mistakenly asked one what a feminist is pretending I didn't know omo see voice note the babe use me practice speech ....I couldn't get the end of almost like I said I was a misogynist with that question

1 Like

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Posotome: 7:17am On Apr 25, 2021
all the women or ladies in my compound are all feminists,

they gossip and hold meeting everyday with a very high intensity you will think they want to impeach GOD HIMSELF,

and what do they they discuss? guys, his worn shoes, threadbare trousers,

last last they will enter inside their house and get fxcked by their man,

they dont know who is the minister of communication or education, nothing concerns them save gossips and innuendo

before mosdii carried a bell and started beating it all around nigeria everyday that NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE USELESS ALL OF THEM,

OMO E GET AS E BE

LIKE OP HAS RIGHTLY SAID, HARD CORE FEMINISTS AND FEMINISM ARE ONE OF THE MAJOR PILLARS SUPPORTING, FUELLING AND BANKROLLING MODERN DAY PROSTITU,TION

because they are broke, but want to compete with men by fire by force, so they start spreading legs

#MAYGODSAVEUS

11 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:51am On Apr 25, 2021
Every bitter and angry women are now feminists. Even those that don't know what feminism means are are refered to as feminist.
So there are no longer people out there who carry bitterness in their heart? So all these bitter men and women, all these people with personality disorders are not feminists?
Op,weldone o.
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Harddiskng(m): 8:03am On Apr 25, 2021
wofayouths:

This cannot be overemphasized. No man is perfect, If her family is still together and she keeps downplaying her father’s efforts, despising him everytime his name comes up; there’s absolutely no way such a broken soul can appreciate your efforts.

Her Psychosis get worse when she reaches the age she can get a job and fend for herself, cuz then she would realize that life is hard and “the man” tried his best, not wanting to accept this reality; she despises her father the more.

Don’t waste your love, You better give her space to resolve her daddy issues.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Dalil8: 8:05am On Apr 25, 2021
Op why would you even advise guys to marry a feminist?

Feminists are meant to be left alone, don't ever consider dating one. Just leave them to their loneliness, let them have their fill of feminism.

I won't advise my enemy to date one.

11 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Dncl2021: 8:08am On Apr 25, 2021
habsydiamond:
Na over Sabi dey kill our girls/ladies ooo... The whites that started the feminist thing no dey exercise am the way we do here... Oyinbo sees it as having the same right as ur man, standing up to him... Providing for the family together, having investments separately, bank savings separately and so on... At the end of the day na divorce dey end most of them... God wey create you know say u are not of this level to me.... Stick to that and get a man that will understand u... Simply arithmetic

Well said bro i agree they have prenup before marriage and they share things 50 50.
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Harddiskng(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Every bitter and angry women are now feminists. Even those that don't know what feminism means are are refered to as feminist.
So there are no longer people out there who carry bitterness in their heart? So all these bitter men and women, all these people with personality disorders are not feminists?
Op,weldone o.

It’s sad truth, most bitter & angry women hide behind the “I’m feminist” facade. It’s just a ploy to enable lash out at the world for their somewhat bad experiences.

I too think they have mental issues. Personal issues. Serve them love and watch ‘em spit it out like its poison.

...but what they do openly identify with? “Feminism”

Do a small research, search for posts of female monikers that have identified with feminism on this forum, you can’t miss the reoccurring denominator in the lives of these people: Daddy issues and Anger

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Starz825(m): 8:24am On Apr 25, 2021
aroundtheearth:
Your points have nothing to do with feminism. You managed to leave out the so-called misunderstanding between you two, which is what caused her change in behaviour towards you.
you are a feminist spotted on already...
just take a look at yourself defending the lady the op is talking about... without even knowing her or kind of person....(didn't you read where the op stated..she is obviously still bittered about her past relationship)
one thing I dislike about this feminism shit is ...lady jumps on to give support and backing to any lady involved in any relationship crisis without their brain telling them that's not the way to go about solving critical issues at such (you just have to analyze the behavioral ethics of both parties.they could both be wrong).....
they believe in every relationship crisis ...the lady is innocent while the guy is the monster...
of which some relationship dey wey be say na woman dey cause trouble like lil kesh!!

3 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by austine4real(m): 8:26am On Apr 25, 2021
grin grin cheesy

Kontinu
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by phemy36(m): 9:06am On Apr 25, 2021
Nigerian females should be avoided by all means
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Michelle55: 9:14am On Apr 25, 2021
Hmmm.. Let me just sit this one out lipsrsealed

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Fuudz: 9:40am On Apr 25, 2021
I need someone to please give me a list of Federal Government estates located in Aboru, Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by DEMZEE(m): 9:46am On Apr 25, 2021
wofayouths:

5. Watch out their friends, are their relationship working? If theirs are working, yours would work.

Many more.

Thanks for ready people.

Why wud I settle for a feminist, feminists are pseudo masculine hybrid beast women nahh

4 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by DEMZEE(m): 9:48am On Apr 25, 2021
aroundtheearth:

Feminism is a failure

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by WriterNig: 9:56am On Apr 25, 2021
Dalil8:
Op why would you even advise guys to marry a feminist?

Feminists are meant to be left alone, don't ever consider dating one. Just leave them to their loneliness, let them have their fill of feminism.

I won't advise my enemy to date one.

True. My ex is a feminist and it was a bitter experience. Worst 7 months of my life.

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by BigDawsNet: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2021
Your story check bro

I have dated a feminist lady once

I will not advice anyone to date feminist for your own sake....shee was a Feminist + biapolar patient...that's wasn't sweat for any current or potential guy
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2021
DEMZEE:

Why wud I settle for a feminist, feminists are pseudo masculine hybrid beast women nahh
did you really have to quote the entire post
Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:11am On Apr 25, 2021
Harddiskng:

It’s sad truth, most bitter & angry women hide behind the “I’m feminist” facade. It’s just a ploy to enable lash out at the world for their somewhat bad experiences.

I too think they have mental issues. Personal issues. Serve them love and watch ‘em spit it out like its poison.

...but what they do openly identify with? “Feminism”

Do a small research, search for posts of female monikers that have identified with feminism on this forum, you can’t miss the reoccurring denominator in the lives of these people: Daddy issues and Anger

Lets look at it this way.
I am a female, I love you as a man to treat me the way you would want me to treat you. If I commit a crime with a man, I would love is to be given the same measure of judgement. The man should not be set free or I set free while man I punished because he's a man.
I don't think my sins are worst than yours just because I'm a woman.
If I have a man in my life and respect him as a man in my life and love him, he's expected to love me back as his woman and not treat me like trash just because I'm female. If I take to him before taking some critical decisions, he should talk to me before doing the same. If he sleeps around with anything female, then he's indirectly telling me sleeping around with everything male is good since he's the head. He leads while I follow.
If he had something doing before we met and he continued with it, and I had something doing to before we met and I'm ordered to stop and just stay at home justt because I'm a woman's then there might not be peace in the home. It's a different you you two reason together and the woman decides she's okay with it. After all that what some women like.
If he's comes home by 6pm and waits for me that will come home by 9pm to come and make dinner just because it's the woman's duty to make food then he's not hungry.
If he's alone at home and then eats and hip plates in the sink waiting for the woman to come back and wash them then he's property wasn't brought up well.
This is not feminism. This is doing unto others what you would want them to do to you. The problem is, women allow men to mess with them for so long that when they decide to retaliate, men feel threatened because they never knew that the famale gender is capable of being just as cruel as them.
Just pray you never do something to the extent of bringing out the cruelty bin a woman. Especially one who gave you her all. You will hate women for the rest of your life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dated A Feminist, This Was My Experience by femi4: 11:23am On Apr 25, 2021
Marriage won't work without submission and feminism and submission cannot be in the same sentence

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Guys, Is It Okay For My Fiance To Shave With This? / How Many Of Us Have Experienced This Kind Of Chatting / What Should I Do About This Churchgirl That Visits Me Always.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.