Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb (14729 Views)

Adebayo Shittu, A Ticking Time Bomb, Good For The Success Of PDP / Femi Aribisala: Buhari Is A Ticking Time Bomb With A Dangerous Agenda / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2011
when you have brain-washed murderers that will commit evil in the name of their religion as teachers. a book that preach murder, hate and intolerance against " non- believer". what form of education can these children get.

may God have mercy on this country.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2011
pro01:

I would despise Islam and all it represents UNTIL someone proffers a sensible reason why ONLY muslims resort to violence in the name of their religion. Why is there no Christian version of 'Jihad'? Have there ever been killings in the Christian south in the name of religion? Has there ever been a Christian terrorist who engaged in terrorism in the name of 'fighting for Christ' or defending Christianity? If the answer to all these is NO, then one has to explain why Islam is the ONLY religion that favours violence.

P.S. I don't give a shyte about 'political correctness', the truth must be told. Before any dimwitted Islamic apologist here sets out to attack me, he should at least attempt to provide answers to the questions raised above.

i will answer you:

islam is a complete way of life.islam teaches us how to love and when not to love (if you like call it hate but its not);in other word you can love and you can vindicate yourself and conscience by disassociating from the wicked when the wicked do not deserve your love.islam teaches us peace and it also teaches us war.islam teaches us not to fight and offend but it also teaches us defense.islam teaches us to live in peace with the "people of the book" (Jews and Christians) and to even embrace them because we have One and the same Unique God but it also teaches us to be wary of the bad ones among them.islam teaches us faith and belief and it also tells us what disbelief is.

i can go on and on to explain how islam guides us by showing us both extremes.the problem is when to apply the appropriate measure.what to do at the right time.that is when enlightened and able leadership comes in and piety and just and sincere individuals have a role to play.

islam is like a knife.you can use it to cut onions or to kill.if islam is used by illitrate men who got no job then they will use that knife to do nothing but kill.if you teach people how to cook,then they will use that same knife to cut onions.

if you go into the bible,there are worse and more repulsive verses than you can ever find in the Quran-infact you wont find those in the Quran.you find violence and ra.pe and In.cest and genocide and prostitution by "men of God".not once is punishment of stonning found in the Holy Quran.but guess what?the bible literally says everyone must be stonned.it is the same bible that ordered the killing of even babies but says virgins must be spared.i can show you all the verse of all the claims i have laid on the bible if you cant find them or you have not read the bible because your pastors are the ones that read it for you.

HOW CAN SOLDIER IDENTIFY VIRGINS ON THE BATTLE-FRONT IF NOT BY RA.PING THEM?

Numbers 31:17-18

17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. 18 But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately.

now even if we are to go to the christian NT,we find violence there.christianity has taken one side of the coin and used that to portray its image but christians are far from peaceful themselves.another big factor that does not favor muslims,is the bad and able publicity against them and muslims happen to be less educated where violence prevails.the enemies of islam and muslims control the media and could spread anything they want.there is no way the bible is better or more peaceful than the Quran.there is no comparison between islam and christianity.it all depends on education and how to make use of the good to achieve good and also ward off evil.let us see the words of Jesus who christian say is the "Prince of Peace", according to Jesus:

Luke 12:49-52
I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

Matthew 10:34 34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

NOTE:

I am only trying to find out the causes of the problem (violence) which is existent.others should also recognize that problem of corruption also exists.rigging of elections and embezzlement should also be treated.they are also causes of violence and protest.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Arosa(m): 10:53am On Apr 24, 2011
I recommend the reorientation of these our violent brothers.  They should be sent to mandatory classes in which they will be taught Nigerian values, which include taking pride in being a Nigerian citizen. This entails acknowledging the fact that there are a multitude of ethnicities in our country, and mutual respect for individuals of all ethnicities and religious beliefs. Civil responsibilities should be highlighted: regard for human lives, property and businesses. Furthermore, the benefits of a unified country should be explained, which every citizen stands to gain from. The Imams need to cooperate and take responsibility for reinforcing these values, rather than encouraging hate.
If they do not regard these values, they shall be imprisoned.
The Federal Government needs to go further. They need to take responsibility for teaching them trades, farming and making technical apprenticeships available. Ultimately, the government needs to provide opportunities for our brothers to become useful to society, for their own and everyone else’s good.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by sniy02(m): 11:00am On Apr 24, 2011
Those in the North are called Almajiris, what of those children that always come to beg you for something to buy food if they see you neatly dressed in the south, sometimes with a woman(most likely mother) glancing nearby? And if you are not careful, they will stole your luggage or handy goods. They are more dangerous than Almajiris!
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 24, 2011
@LagosShia,

i think the greatest lesson you have learnt from islam is how to commit murder in the name of your religion abi.

look, what ever reason you might put forward, it is not enough justification for the senseless murder of innocent Nigerians in the north.

i think it is high time you people revise any part of that book that does not conform with modern way of life and stop this backwardness and barbarism.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by horny4u(f): 11:06am On Apr 24, 2011
When the poor cannot sleep because he is hungry, the rich has no business closing his eyes.
Lord Luggard bless him has already put us together and its no coincidence we have to help this mind robots called almajiris.
When the west ignored them in the Arab countries they found knowledge in 7 virgins waiting in heaven and bombed themselves away.
ISLAM is one of the most peaceful religion in the world yet in the hands of terrible men and women its being used to brain wash people.
Alkaida is real and they need money for terrorism and Nigeria has oil.

Have U seen those movies where they brain wash men to kill without being able to think for themselves.
The power of Nigeria is not in oil but in the minds of her people

Recent studies have shown that we build in vain if we do not save those minds that are being awash in evil.
We must give them knowledge (its for our own good)
We must educate their parents
We must re-educate their imams
The world is afraid for Nigeria but if we start now we can save ourselves.
Those who are arguing for the parents of the almajiris to help them remember its not their parents getting killed its other Nigerians.
Again the solution is not to part ways as that will cause another palava .
Lets educate this boys and girls the hausas and Fulanis are very brilliant people against popular belief but uneducted they are  a tool in the hands of the evil they so passionately want to do away with.

Nigeria is not SUDAN. , LETS BE OUR BRO KEEPER
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Arosa(m): 11:12am On Apr 24, 2011
rafhell:

@LagosShia,

i think the greatest lesson you have learnt from islam is how to commit murder in the name of your religion abi.

look, what ever reason you might put forward, it is not enough justification for the senseless murder of innocent Nigerians in the north.

i think it is high time you people revise any part of that book that does not conform with modern way of life and stop this backwardness and barbarism.

Well said, plus there are no twelve virgins waiting for you when you die. what about the women, are there going to be twelve studs/hot hunks waiting for them as well.  undecided
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 11:14am On Apr 24, 2011
rafhell:

@LagosShia,

who is "you people"?

look at your ignorance.i only tried to answer the query of someone about islam and now you're accusing me of "justifying" violence.you're insulting me that i learnt murder from islam.

well,i'm suprise NOT with your reply.you dont seem to be interested in finding solutions and going to the root cause of the problem.you're interested in tribalism and religious hate and political bickering and attacking others on public forum.this silly attitude from you and your likes exposes your ignorance and further deepens the problem.if you hate them up north,then you dont need to use any violence as justification.just be honest and say it.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by horny4u(f): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2011
LagosShia:

i will answer you:

islam is a complete way of life.islam teaches us how to love and when not to love (if you like call it hate but its not);in other word you can love and you can vindicate yourself and conscience by disassociating from the wicked when the wicked do not deserve your love.islam teaches us peace and it also teaches us war.islam teaches us not to fight and offend but it also teaches us defense.islam teaches us to live in peace with the "people of the book" (Jews and Christians) and to even embrace them because we have One and the same Unique God but it also teaches us to be wary of the bad ones among them.islam teaches us faith and belief and it also tells us what disbelief is.

i can go on and on to explain how islam guides us by showing us both extremes.the problem is when to apply the appropriate measure.what to do at the right time.that is when enlightened and able leadership comes in and piety and just and sincere individuals have a role to play.

islam is like a knife.you can use it to cut onions or to kill.if islam is used by illitrate men who got no job then they will use that knife to do nothing but kill.if you teach people how to cook,then they will use that same knife to cut onions.

if you go into the bible,there are worse and more repulsive verses than you can ever find in the Quran-infact you wont find those in the Quran.you find violence and ra.pe and In.cest and genocide and prostitution by "men of God".not once is punishment of stonning found in the Holy Quran.but guess what?the bible literally says everyone must be stonned.it is the same bible that ordered the killing of even babies but says virgins must be spared.i can show you all the verse of all the claims i have laid on the bible if you cant find them or you have not read the bible because your pastors are the ones that read it for you.

17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. 18 But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately.

now even if we are to go to the christian NT,we find violence there.christianity has taken one side of the coin and used that to portray its image but christians are far from peaceful themselves.another big factor that does not favor muslims,is the bad and able publicity against them and muslims happen to be less educated where violence prevails.the enemies of islam and muslims control the media and could spread anything they want.there is no way the bible is better or more peaceful than the Quran.there is no comparison between islam and christianity.it all depends on education and how to make use of the good to achieve good and also ward off evil.let us see the words of Jesus who christian say is the "Prince of Peace", according to Jesus:

50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

NOTE:

I am only trying to find out the causes of the problem (violence) which is existent.others should also recognize that problem of corruption also exists.rigging of elections and embezzlement should also be treated.they are also causes of violence and protest.

@Lagos shia
In every book there is good and bad , female and male , water can be a very useful force yet it can destroy,
But i have found that the part of life you are most affiliated is what you focus on ,
You have focused on the bad and its time you check the corridors of your life and see what improvement you can make for yourself .
Afterall both the Quran and Bible agrees that individually we will be judged by our Creator, you might want to sit and think about that instead of inciting violence.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2011
horny4u:

@Lagos shia
In every book there is good and bad , female and male , water can be a very useful force yet it can destroy,
But i have found that the part of life you are most affiliated is what you focus on ,
You have focused on the bad and its time you check the corridors of your life and see what improvement you can make for yourself .
Afterall both the Quran and Bible agrees that individually we will be judged by our Creator, you might want to sit and think about that instead of inciting violence.

Read my first post in the thread in page #2 and see the solution i proposed.

we know there is violence,hate,ignorance,illitracy,exploitation and all the evils.but does counting the evils and spreading more hate serve as a solution?definitely not.so instead of blackmailing people and complicating the problem by spreading more hate which brews distrust,why dont you concentrate on finding the solutions?and if you know the solutions work on them.if you dont work on them but you just want to spread hate and accusations and insults,nothing is going to change for the better but for the worse.so stop talking and start working.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 11:35am On Apr 24, 2011
PLEASE I SUGGEST MUSLIMS AND NON-MUSLIMS ALIKE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO AND TELL ME IF ISLAM IS EVIL OR THE DEVIL IN MEN (AND IN THIS CASE THE ARABIAN JAHILIYYAH CULTURE WHICH PRE-DATES ISLAM)?it is unfortunate that the jahiliyyah culture is being used by ignorant men to influence their lives and they attribute that to religion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfNdPNhdXjw
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by ziccoit: 11:43am On Apr 24, 2011
See the way Almajiris are being discussed here as if they were imported from a God-know-country. Are they not the product of age long injustice, corruption, nepotism, selfishness and bad governance in the land?

Don't be deceived, Nigeria is a ticking time bomb to herself ready to explode anytime.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by kokogee: 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2011
pro01:

Their exclusive resort to violence, even more so.

I would despise Islam and all it represents UNTIL someone proffers a sensible reason why ONLY muslims resort to violence in the name of their religion. Why is there no Christian version of 'Jihad'? Have there ever been killings in the Christian south in the name of religion? Has there ever been a Christian terrorist who engaged in terrorism in the name of 'fighting for Christ' or defending Christianity? If the answer to all these is NO, then one has to explain why Islam is the ONLY religion that favours violence.

P.S. I don't give a shyte about 'political correctness', the truth must be told. Before any dimwitted Islamic apologist here sets out to attack me, he should at least attempt to provide answers to the questions raised above.

Though part of your queations prompted by ignorance and inability to think outside the box have been answered below in terms of what Islam is all about, I'd still shed some more light so that your parochial and bias mind be made to see things by thier merits and objectively too

kulutempa:

I am a Christian and I am appalled by your comment.  It is the same sort of attitude that our leaders have used to cause divisions and strife between us.  For your information Muslims made tremendous contributions to the development of mathematics, engineeering, astronomy, and medicine during the Islamic golden era in the middle ages when Europe was still backward.  Avicenna, who is also known as  Ibn Sina was an Islamic doctor, scientist and philosopher who wrote the Book of Healing an extensive philosophical and scientific encyclopaedia, and The Canon of Medicine which was a standard medical text at many medieval universities in Western Europe.  You can read more about him here:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avicenna

The whole point of this post is for us to try to understand the root causes of the recent crisis in our country and how it can be averted in the future for our sake and our children's sake   I don't see how your comment advances that goal.
Thank you for enlighten the guy that simply refuses to see beyond his nose.

Let me say majority of Nigeria problems  span from neglect by our leaders who think nothing else is more important than they, their families and associates looting our money at the expense of the citizens. I can tell you categorically that if ppl are gainfully employed, all these problems of almajiri  fighting and killing here and there would be to the lowest.

The fact is that MEND dropped bomb in FCT on1st Oct 2010 and ppl died; would you almajiri or the Muslims were responsible for that or other bomb throwing and destruction of facilities and kidnapping of ppl whom are not released until ransom is paid? This is why I said pro01 is myopic in his statement.

It should be expected that in a society where things are not working right and only few are enjoying what is meant for millions, there would always be one crisis or the other bcs ppl are suffering and they are not happy when they have no jobs, no electricity, no school,no shelter and one person is taking billions as furniture allowance. Some of us in the south(including the Muslims can tolerate to a level) unlike our brodas in the north that flare up on slightest provocation.

I think as reasonable human beings, what we should be talking about is how do we solve this problem from the root,  Our colonial master gave us federalism; can we call what we are practising now a federalism system of gov where there is so much power at the centre as a result of which ppl want to get there by all means and any tribe that miss it feels aggrieved.

Why would our leaders be celebrating looters rather than meeting out adequate deterrent measures on them while the common ppl suffer bad roads, far far less quality education, unemployment and other social insecurity where life is so miserable for ppl.

We are all talking about education in the north when gov is doing nothing to motivate them to sch. History of Nigertia pre-colonial education showed that the colonial masters motivated ppl to sch as many of our forefathers were not interested bcs they felt they only wanted to take their helpers away.

NIGERIANS SHOULD START LOOKING AT ISSUES AND LEAVE ETHNIC/RELIGIOUS COLOURATION OUT OF IT SO THAT THE COUNTRY CAN MOVE FWD

GOD HELP NIGERIA,  ONLY IF WE ARE READY TO HELP OURSELVES
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by kokogee: 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2011
Imagine how Uduaghan wired N8b deltan s fund to his cousin Ibori in Dubai and u want ppl to be happy when they are suffering! While some lazy ar.ses are here condemning Islam rather than the criminals that we have as leaders who are responsible for all the crisis going on in the country
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-653344.0.html#msg8193927
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Beync(f): 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2011
LagosShia:

i will answer you:

NOTE:

there is something totally wrong in islamic teaching and dat is absence of fundamental law on life and blood.
When u include the fundamental law of love and respect for life in ur teachings, then u will learn not to indulge in war with ur fellow humans. and this is where christianity is far ahead of islamic religion.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2011
LagosShia:

i will answer you:

NOTE:

Your response is at best diversionary, even laughable. You have failed to provide any answer to any of the questions I asked earlier. This is how people fail comprehension exercises in English exams oh. Perhaps you could re-read my earlier post more meticulously and then make another attempt to answer the questions pointedly
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by ziccoit: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2011
Beync:

there is something totally wrong in islamic teaching and dat is absence of fundamental law on life and blood. When u include the fundamental law of love and respect for life in your teachings, then u will learn not to indulge in war with your fellow humans. and this is where christianity is far ahead of islamic religion.

Are you sure of this? Pls I beg you in the name of whom you worship, provide the evidence in the QURAN and SUNNAH of the PROPHET MUHAMMED to nail the MUSLIMS on this. I have been looking for a concise proof for a long time now.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by oderemo(m): 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2011
and this is where christianity is far ahead of islamic religion
i laff in ijebu. can u unwrap the cotton wool in your eyes pls.
all religion have same agenda but deliver the product differently.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Beync(f): 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2011
ziccoit:

Are you sure of this? Pls I beg you in the name of whom you worship, provide the evidence in the QURAN and SUNNAH of the PROPHET MUHAMMED to nail the MUSLIMS on this. I have been looking for a concise proof for a long time now.
ode remo:

i laff in ijebu. can u unwrap the cotton wool in your eyes pls.
all religion have same agenda but deliver the product differently.
Hav u heard a phrase like this
'Love ur neighour as urseves'
'Continue to love and pray for ur enemies'
@remo, u can laff in swiss, those who kill by sword will die by sword.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2011
our government and sss need to rise to the challenge of containing this evil people. they commit murder at will without any challenge or prosecution. they are never condemned by their "holy" imams because their "holy" book support it.

if nothing is done, i foresee a time when the people will rise up for themselves and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
kokogee:

Though part of your queations prompted by ignorance and inability to think outside the box have been answered below in terms of what Islam is all about, I'd still shed some more light so that your parochial and bias mind be made to see things by thier merits and objectively too
Thank you for enlighten the guy that simply refuses to see beyond his nose.

Let me say majority of Nigeria problems  span from neglect by our leaders who think nothing else is more important than they, their families and associates looting our money at the expense of the citizens. I can tell you categorically that if ppl are gainfully employed, all these problems of almajiri  fighting and killing here and there would be to the lowest.

The fact is that MEND dropped bomb in FCT on1st Oct 2010 and ppl died; would you almajiri or the Muslims were responsible for that or other bomb throwing and destruction of facilities and kidnapping of ppl whom are not released until ransom is paid? This is why I said pro01 is myopic in his statement.

It should be expected that in a society where things are not working right and only few are enjoying what is meant for millions, there would always be one crisis or the other bcs ppl are suffering and they are not happy when they have no jobs, no electricity, no school,no shelter and one person is taking billions as furniture allowance. Some of us in the south(including the Muslims can tolerate to a level) unlike our brodas in the north that flare up on slightest provocation.

I think as reasonable human beings, what we should be talking about is how do we solve this problem from the root,  Our colonial master gave us federalism; can we call what we are practising now a federalism system of gov where there is so much power at the centre as a result of which ppl want to get there by all means and any tribe that miss it feels aggrieved.

Why would our leaders be celebrating looters rather than meeting out adequate deterrent measures on them while the common ppl suffer bad roads, far far less quality education, unemployment and other social insecurity where life is so miserable for ppl.

We are all talking about education in the north when gov is doing nothing to motivate them to sch. History of Nigertia pre-colonial education showed that the colonial masters motivated ppl to sch as many of our forefathers were not interested bcs they felt they only wanted to take their helpers away.

NIGERIANS SHOULD START LOOKING AT ISSUES AND LEAVE ETHNIC/RELIGIOUS COLOURATION OUT OF IT SO THAT THE COUNTRY CAN MOVE FWD

GOD HELP NIGERIA,  ONLY IF WE ARE READY TO HELP OURSELVES

I'm always amused at how you muslims just love to use the word 'ignorant' to impugn individuals who question your exclusive use of violence for religious ends. Okay, assuming (but not conceding) that I am indeed ignorant, how else can you shame me if not by CLEARLY refuting the 'ignorant' claims I made in the earlier post? Again, I have to question your education or your honesty. It's either you cannot comprehend the written word, or you deceitfully prefer to use diversionary tactics to deflect attention from the simple questions I earlier asked - for which you obviously have no answers.

By the way, It's very funny that you cited MEND as a counter example of southern violence. Lol. Nobody claimed that violence (in general) is an exclusively northern phenomenon. What I am saying, and for which I DARE YOU to cite a counter example, is that: Religious violence (or violence with a religious undertone, e.g. burning of churches) is an EXCLUSIVELY Islamic phenomenon. What has MEND got to do with that? Our bad leaders or corrupt government has NOTHING to do with the perennial and idiotic violence of northern muslims. Afterall, the effects of poverty and bad governance are felt in the South as much as in the North, so what gives? Have you ever heard of the hungry and unemployed youths in the South waking up one morning in frustration to attack Hausas living in their midst, or burn down Mosques? Smh. The fact remains that Northern Muslims are violent beasts with a fatally potent blend of religious extremism, illiteracy and poverty - underpinned by deep-rooted inferiority complex mixed with emotional instability. They need help, serious help.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by oderemo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2011
'Love your neighour as urseves'
'Continue to love and pray for your enemies'
@remo, u can laff in swiss, those who kill by sword will die by sword
you r contradicting yourself now,imagine that your neighbour is consider your enemy, will u stop praying for him/her.? love is love, that knows no boundary as exemplified by ppl like mandella, ghandi and so on.
is either u love or hate.
back to point, that is the issue with the almajiri that kill innocent lives all cos of embeded hatred fueled simply by religion.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by nagoma(m): 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2011
Almjiri is a ticking time bomb - and so is injustice and when you have the 2 together you get big bomb!!
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by ziccoit: 1:28pm On Apr 24, 2011
Beync:

Hav u heard a phrase like this
'Love your neighour as urseves'
'Continue to love and pray for your enemies'

Is it compulsory people must contribute to a topic which they know nothing about at all cost? Is this the evidence I asked of you? I thought you were serious? I am off on you babe, you have no case.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by goggs(m): 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2011
for me this crisis is the first of many, larger bombs to come.

Just learnt that the former registrar of university of abuja, an indigene of gombe though a non muslim, lost 10 (ten) members of his family last week to the almajiris who locked them in the house they sought refuge and burnt it down! Killing all 10! Tell me that for this man the time bomb has not happenned. It will go round till we are all consumed.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by ziccoit: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2011
rafhell:

our government and sss need to rise to the challenge of containing this evil people. they commit murder at will without any challenge or prosecution. they are never condemned by their "holy" imams because their "holy" book support it.

if nothing is done, i foresee a time when the people will rise up for themselves and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I believed by "their 'holly' book" you meant QURAN and HADITH. Pls provide a single evidence from each book to support your insinuation bros pls I beg una.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
Beync:

there is something totally wrong in islamic teaching and dat is absence of fundamental law on life and blood.
When u include the fundamental law of love and respect for life in your teachings, then u will learn not to indulge in war with your fellow humans. and this is where christianity is far ahead of islamic religion.

are you sure on that?

HOLY QURAN 5:32:
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

(SHOW ME ONE VERSE FROM THE ENTIRE BIBLE LIKE THE ABOVE!)

HOLY QURAN 2:190:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 7:55:
(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 8:61:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

HOLY QURAN 5:2:
" ,  and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

HOLY QURAN 41:34:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

HOLY QURAN 4:135:
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

HOLY QURAN 16:90
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

HOLY QURAN 16:126:
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

HOLY QURAN 21:107:
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2011
@LagosShia,

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

HYPOCRITES !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by DeCleff(m): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2011
No matter the fight in agfanistan, pakistan and irag, the Americans and Britian are doing great. So who cares what they will turn into. If they like they should bomb themselves like agfanistan and iraq. We in the sound no send any idiot. We go just go our own jeje
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 2:23pm On Apr 24, 2011
rafhell:

@LagosShia,

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

HYPOCRITES !!!!!!!!!!!!

you're a typical crusader and evangelist.all you know how to do is to attack the Quran and Islam based on sheer ignorance.i know my Quran and Islam very well and i also know christianity and the bible well.when you're proved wrong with solid facts and showed that there is nothing good christianity has that islam does not have and infact there is really nothing christianity can offer humanity that the world lacks,you say actions speak louder than word.i know the act in the north is shameful just as also rigging and corruption are shameful.but why blame it on islam when islam is innocent of their deeds in the north as ive showed from many verses in the Quran?you want to blame it on islam as part of your missionary quest to "save" the world and provide christianity as the better alternative when infact it is worse.when christians misbehave and do bad,i do not say your "god" betrayed his "son" on the "cross" and the "son" cried out "to him "eli eli why have you forsaken me".i dont blame the actions of christians on christianity.why do you blame the actions of muslims on islam?in the south west you have agberos (area boys/touts),in the south east you have kidnappers,robbers and ritualists,in the south-south you have militants.so if we are even to compare and generalize the actions of muslims in their own societies among themselves,muslims are by far more disciplned,better behaved and more peaceful than christians.that is even the reality the world over.muslims have the least cases of robbery,prostitution,ra.pe,bas.tards,etc.check the statistics the world over.but what reasons do people in the south east who are pre-dominantly christians have for ritual killings and kidnappings? you have all reasons to say muslims are violent because they kill "non-muslims".that is fine with me and i condemn that.innocent people should not be harmed,that is what the Quran says.but it is also time for you to start behaving like humans instead or lashing out on others like animals.

coming to the issue of "actions speak louder than words".yes that is true.let me put it forward to you that it is MUSLIMS who built DUBAI and it is also MUSLIMS who made KANDAHAR (in Afghanistan).you make out of people based on the training and standard of living you provide them.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Princek12(m): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2011
This Almajiri problem, if not eradicated, will continue to create results like this:

150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State
http://www.talkofnaija.com/news/150-youth-corpers-amputated-kaduna-state
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Princek12(m): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2011
LagosShia:

you're a typical crusader and evangelist.all you know how to do is to attack the Quran and Islam based on sheer ignorance.i know my Quran and Islam very well and i also know christianity and the bible well.when you're proved wrong with solid facts and showed that there is nothing good christianity has that islam does not have and infact there is really nothing christianity can offer humanity that the world lacks,you say actions speak louder than word.i know the act in the north is shameful just as also rigging and corruption are shameful.but why blame it on islam when islam is innocent of their deeds in the north as ive showed from many verses in the Quran?you want to blame it on islam as part of your missionary quest to "save" the world and provide christianity as the better alternative when infact it is worse.when christians misbehave and do bad,i do not say your "god" betrayed his "son" on the "cross" and the "son" cried out "to him "eli eli why have you forsaken me".i dont blame the actions of christians on christianity.why do you blame the actions of muslims on islam?in the south west you have agberos (area boys/touts),in the south east you have kidnappers,robbers and ritualists,in the south-south you have militants.so if we are even to compare and generalize the actions of muslims in their own societies among themselves,muslims are by far more disciplned,better behaved and more peaceful than christians.that is even the reality the world over.muslims have the least cases of robbery,prostitution,ra.pe,bas.tards,etc.check the statistics the world over.but what reasons do people in the south east who are pre-dominantly christians have for ritual killings and kidnappings? you have all reasons to say muslims are violence because they kill non-muslims.that is fine with me and condemn that.but it is also time for you to start behaving like humans instead or lashing out on others like animals.

coming to the issue of "actions speak louder than words".yes that is true.let me put it forward to you that it is MUSLIMS who built DUBAI and it is also MUSLIMS who made KANDAHAR (in Afghanistan).you make out of people based on the training and standard of living you provide them.

Americans investment and influence of western culture predominantly contributed to the development Dubai, which was built for tourism and business. Dubai also aimed to copy western culture. Many western investors said from the outset that if the strict Islamic laws were not relaxed, then they will not invest in Dubai. In any event, it is noteworthy that Dubai is still run by Muslims, many of whom were educated in the Europe and America, which is what we are advocating for. You can see that educated Muslims are less likely to be brainwashed into Islamic extremism than uneducated Muslims, and are less susceptible to be swayed by Imams who have an extremist view of the Quran. This is why we are advocating educating those Almajiri kids.

In Lagos, the area boys commit atrocities for their own personal gain, not because they are defenders of Christianity. There is no biblical verse supporting their action. One of the fundamental principles of Christianity is not to commit violence or revenge, even if you were a victim of violence. Vengeance, the Bible says, should be left to God. Maybe Islam has verses that could be interpreted by extremists to support their violent actions.

Below are some of the verses in Islam that could be used to justify violence:

The following are only some of the verses in the Qur'an that can and have been used in the history of Islam in support of violence in the name of God and the glories of martyrdom in a holy war.

2:190-193 "Fight in the cause of God those who fight you ,  And slay them wherever ye catch them ,  And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression and there prevail justice and faith in God , "

2:216 "Fighting is prescribed for you and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth and ye know not."

2:224 "Then fight in the cause of God and know that God heareth and knoweth all things."

3:157-158 "And if ye are slain or die in the way of God, forgiveness and mercy from God are far better than all they could amass. And if ye die, or are slain, Lo! It is unto God that ye are brought together."

3:169 "Think not of those who are slain in God's way as dead. Nay, they live finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord."

3:195 ",  Those who have ,  fought or been slain, verily I will blot out from them their iniquities and admit them into Gardens with rivers flowing beneath; a reward from the presence of God , "

4:101 ",  For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies."

4:74, 75 "Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of God whether he is slain or gets victory, soon shall we give him a reward of great (value). Those who believe fight in the cause of God and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil, so fight ye against the friends of Satan, feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan."

4:89 "They but wish that ye should reject faith as they do, and thus be on the same footing as they. But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of God. But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them…"

4:95 "Not equal are those believers who sit at (at home) and receive no hurt and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than those who sit (at home).

5:36 "The punishment of those who wage war against God and His apostle and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land. That is their disgrace in this world and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter."

5:54 "O ye who believe. Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

8:12-17 "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you. Give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips off them. This because they contend against God and his apostle. If any contend against God and his apostle, God is strict in punishment ,  O ye who believe. When ye meet the unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them. If any do turn his back to them on such a day, unless it be a stratagem of war ,  he draws on himself the wrath of God and his abode is Hell, an evil refuge (indeed)."

8:59-60 "Let not the unbelievers think that they can get the better (of the godly). They will never frustrate (them). Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of God and your enemies and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom God doth know , "

8:65 "O apostle! Rouse the believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred. If a hundred they will vanquish a thousand of the unbelievers, for these are a people without understanding."

9:5 ",  fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war) , "

9:14 "Fight them, and God will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame , "

9:29 "Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and his apostle nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay the Jizya [religious tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

47:4 "Therefore, when ye meet the unbelievers, smite at their necks, at length when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them) ,  but if it had been God's will, he could certainly have exacted retribution from them (himself), but (he lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the way of God, he will never let their deeds be lost."

61:4 "Truly God loves those who fight in His cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure."

Worthy of taking note is 5:36, which has allegedly been used recently by Almajiris to support their amputation of150 Youth Corpers in Kaduna State. See http://www.talkofnaija.com/news/150-youth-corpers-amputated-kaduna-state.
This bastardly act should be repudiated by any sane human being.

Bottom line is that Islam has verses whose interpretation could be broad and extreme, and which has been used by extremists and Jihadists to support violence. Christianity denounces and repudiates violence in any form, shape, or fashion. You cannot deny the existence and prevalence of terrorist groups within and beyond the shores of Nigeria, all of which justify their actions with the Quran.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose Pays N200m Compensation To Property Owners In Ado-ekiti (photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode: ‘Fulanis Are The Greatest Danger To Nigeria's Unity’ / Court To Edison Ehie: "Make Yourself Available To The Police"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.