Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:23 PM

Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb (14724 Views)

Adebayo Shittu, A Ticking Time Bomb, Good For The Success Of PDP / Femi Aribisala: Buhari Is A Ticking Time Bomb With A Dangerous Agenda / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2011
Sarahluv:
These children are abandoned; virtually fatherless and motherless. The mallam is their care-giver, but he can't take care of himself so he sends them out to beg and do menial jobs.

Not necessarily the case for the majority! Many of these kids actually go back home to where their siblings and mothers live (even if out in the streets). I am speaking especially in the case of Almajiris, many of these groups consist of mother units and father units. They all go out individually to make some living and bring the excess back to the others.

Even the Almajiri system itself seems to be designed in a way to encourage that. These children are more often than not sent by their parents to these caregivers who in turn send them out to beg and earn some.

Sarahluv:

If we do not as a matter of urgency implement strict childcare laws that would ensure that parents cannot dump their children anyhow, the problem will continue.

Strict Child Care laws such as?? I mean we first need to be willing to step out of ourselves, to take serious time to understand the situation before moving to enforce any such laws, in my opinion. So far, it seems we are more quick to blame unrelated issues than we are to see the issue as it really is. Many of the poor are poor and disconnected from development. That needs to be tackled first and foremost. Going in and instituting draconian laws to force them to change from their ways without providing sufficient amout of programs to help them will do nothing but worsen the situation for these already poor and helpless individual in our societies.

Sarahluv:

You talk about free education, but believe me, the State governments will not want to spend that kind of money on free education. The corruption is so bad, that by the time the State government shares the loot to whom the loot is due, the almajiris are not in a state to be considered.Surely, you know that State governments are the ones that provide free education in the government schedule of Nigeria today

Actually, there have been many calls by organizations such as ECOWAS, and even the WB, for Nigeria ensure free education to all children. Corruption is bad everywhere in Nigeria and the situation you explain above is in no way unique to the Northern states or situation. However, this problem is of NATIONAL concern at this point . . . 15000 people have been hacked/burned to crisp since 1999, and it is sensible for international community, and Nigerians alike to call on the Federal Government to act NOW, not later on. The Federal Government has the resources and capabilities -- the poor in society are Nigerians as well and so entitled to emergency help from the Federal Government.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Orikinla(m): 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
LagosShia:

it appears that there is a systemic approach in this forum to spread propaganda against islam.i would not be suprised if i'm told that there are people paid by christian missionaries and evangelicals to spread falsehood about islam as part of a package to convert people to christianity and change Nigeria's demography by making christians a majority.

it seems logic and reasoning and intellect does not work with animals.ive tried to reason out and present things as they are and identify the problem and look for solutions.but all that is not enough.this is a political forum but people want to drag us into religion.that is what why i say the forum smells missionary.nontheless,i will reply to every insult and attempt made to blackmail islam and muslims in this particular thread.my message to the mercenaries of the missionaries is to give up on this thread.you will not succeed but you will fail here.so better run!
what does the above have to do with politics and the elections?why dont you go to the religion forum? shei na islam dey pain your belleh?that pain nor go stop!!! i will answer you still,

if you can tell me where and when Jesus was converted,i'd answer you.oh i forgot,your small "god" was converted by John the baptist.right?

the age of Aisha is not certain.while sunni hadith books put her age as low as 6 years in for known reaons,it is historical recorded by historians and not hadiths compilers that Aisha's age was no less than 16 and she could have being up to 19 when she was married.the attempt to make Aisha look like a "child-bride" was to project an image of her that portrays innocence and that of a child brought up by the Prophet who could not harm a fly.this is perhaps an attitude which stems from her later actions after the demise of the Prophet and to cover up for her.if they could,they would have said Aisha was married to the Prophet from her mother's womb,all in a bid to make her look innocent and possibly divine.this topic on Aisha's age and the marriages of the Prophet have being discussed before on nairaland.i will quote an excerpt and provide the link (see post no.5 in particular):

do the maths.

God only blessed the Prophet with chiildren from his widow-wife,his first wife,Khadijah,whom he married while he was younger than her with 15-25 years old.during her life time,he never took another wife for a period of 25 years.even after her death,he still used to praise her so much to the admiration of his wives.
do you know that if not that i recall reading from here or there,this would not even bother me and i happen to be muslim while you're not?

he was about 62.

you're a fool.

well for those unsuspecting minds who dont know about the tactics of the missionaries,here is the gist about the Prophet's death:

there exist one nonsensical hadith which claims that the Prophet died as a result of the poison he consumed during the battle of khaybar.khaybar was a jewish fort that was conquered by the muslims after several jewish assaults on muslim traders,women and their (jewish) collaboration with pagan mecca against the muslims.when khaybar was conquered,a jewess prepared roasted meat and served to the Prophet.in her conscience,she wanted to know if Muhammad (sa) was a true prophet.according to jewish tradition a prophet cannot be killed.when she served the Prophet and a companion of his.the companion ate the meat.while the meat was served to the Prophet,he refused to eat.another version says the Prophet consumed the meat but spat it out and asked the woman why she poisoned his meat? he knew!the woman said she wanted to know if he was a true prophet.the woman was pardoned and she embraced islam.the Prophet survived yet another assasination attempt.

from the incident of khaybar to the time of the Prophet's death is about two and half years.the Prophet lived for more than 2 years after the incident that took place at khaybar.dear fellow human beings,please ask this "christian almajiri",which human being on the surface of this earth would consume poison today and live for 2 and half years?which human being would eat poison today and after more than 2 years,the cause of his death would be considered as "food poisoning"?this "christian almajiri" is more ignorant than the person who fabricated the nonsensical hadith that the Prophet died of poisoning while he survived the attempt.

Aisha was arrested by women sent by the 1st Imam of the Shia and son-in-law of the Prophet,Imam Ali (who is also the 4th caliph).the issue of Aisha is a contentious issue between sunnis and shia.i as a Shia Muslim,do admit the rebellious nature of Aisha and we infact dislike her character and everything about her.while to sunnis,her image is still panel-beated and respected since she happens to be the daughter of the 1st sunni caliph,abu bakr,who the shia consider to be a usurper and an illegitimate ruler who grabbed power after the death of the Prophet.i hope you now understand the issue surrounding the age of Aisha.

you are more ignorant than "Bukhari".you should know that while the muslims revere the Holy Quran as the infallible word of God,and we believe you can find no reason to doubt that,the hadiths literature has gone through many hands.the hadiths literature can be compared to the bible.it is not infallible.it is the work of many hands and its has gone through many hands.there exist in islam a science on its own for sorting out the hadiths and examining which can be accepted and which should be rejected.while muslim scholars are honest enough to scrutinize their hadiths,christians are still living in more than 2000 years of denial about their bible.their bible attribute In.cest,ra.pe and prostitution to biblical prophets.we are still hoping that christians will come to see the light and reject the many nonsense included in your "holy" bible.

PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH) HAD ONLY ONE SURVIVING CHILD. NOT CHILDREN.
YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW HIS HISTORY?

YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO.

WELL JESUS CHRIST NEVER MARRIED A 6 YEAR OLD AND SLEPT WITH HER AT 9.

JESUS CHRIST NEVER KILLED ANYBODY UNDER ANY DISGUISE.

WE DO NOT ATTACK AND MURDER MUSLIMS OR BURN MOSQUES IN THE SOUTH.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO TO THE HOLY BIBLE IN SAUDI ARABIA WHEN DISPLAYED IN PUBLIC?
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY COPIES OF THE HOLY BIBLE HAVE BEEN DESTROYED IN ISLAMIC NATIONS?

SO MUCH FOR RELIGION OF PEACE?
WHEN YOU HAVE NO TOLERANCE OF FREEDOM OF WORSHIP?

THE SAME ALMAJIRIS OR OTHER LUNATIC FRINGE OF YOUR ISLAM ARE YOUR FELLOW JUMAT WORSHIPERS AND IF YOU HAVE FAILED TO EDUCATE THEM FOR DECADES, WHAT DOES THAT SAY OF YOUR RELIGION? 
GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT (GIGO).
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LadyT(f): 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Not necessarily the case for the majority! Many of these kids actually go back home to where their siblings and mothers live (even if out in the streets). I am speaking especially in the case of Almajiris, many of these groups consist of mother units and father units. They all go out individually to make some living and bring the excess back to the others.

Even the Almajiri system itself seems to be designed in a way to encourage that. These children are more often than not sent by their parents to these caregivers who in turn send them out to beg and earn some.

Strict Child Care laws such as?? I mean we first need to be willing to step out of ourselves, to take serious time to understand the situation before moving to enforce any such laws, in my opinion. So far, it seems we are more quick to blame unrelated issues than we are to see the issue as it really is. Many of the poor are poor and disconnected from development. That needs to be tackled first and foremost. Going in and instituting draconian laws to force them to change from their ways without providing sufficient amout of programs to help them will do nothing but worsen the situation for these already poor and helpless individual in our societies.

Actually, there have been many calls by organizations such as ECOWAS, and even the WB, for Nigeria ensure free education to all children. Corruption is bad everywhere in Nigeria and the situation you explain above is in no way unique to the Northern states or situation. However, this problem is of NATIONAL concern at this point . . . 15000 people have been hacked/burned to crisp since 1999, and it is sensible for international community, and Nigerians alike to call on the Federal Government to act NOW, not later on. The Federal Government has the resources and capabilities -- the poor in society are Nigerians as well and so entitled to emergency help from the Federal Government.

How much time ? Shall we wait for the next round of killing before these stupid schools are shut down?
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2011
LadyT:

How much time ? Shall we wait for the next round of killing before these silly schools are shut down?

These schools currently help feed, educate, and bed thousands of these kids - they are practically semi-orphanages for the poor and helpless in the society. The poor do not have to sleep on the sides of the road and go to bed hungrier because of these schools. The kids cannot afford better schools --- schools that maybe mix islamic studies with western science, or even western schools -- so they attend the non-government funded schools that welcome them.

Here are questions for you  . . . .Why do you want to close these schools when you have not much to provide them a better alternative?  When the next round of killings happen, will you be back here again to demand the schools be shut knowing that your Government has still done nothing in the way of providing them a better alternative?
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 9:12pm On Apr 24, 2011
Orikinla:

PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH) HAD ONLY ONE SURVIVING CHILD. NOT CHILDREN.
YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW HIS HISTORY?

so if you have 3 children and 2 die and you're survived by 1,will people say you had 3 children or a child?

you're so dumb i feel useless in replying you and your likes,"christian almajiris". "christian almajiris" should be a new term to be used on nairaland for the ignorant christian missionaries and crusaders.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO.

WELL JESUS CHRIST NEVER MARRIED A 6 YEAR OLD AND SLEPT WITH HER AT 9.
yes,because he was chaste unlike your priests who sleep with 9 years old boys."catch them young and they's be your forever".i have responded to you that no one in islam was married at 9.you still repeat the lie.

JESUS CHRIST NEVER KILLED ANYBODY UNDER ANY DISGUISE.
is he no longer your "god"?see what he did:

your "god" murdered 50,070 for looking into a box (?) 1SAMUEL 6:19

1 Samuel 6:19

19And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

even hitler is not as monstrous as this your "god"!!!

WE DO NOT ATTACK AND MURDER MUSLIMS OR BURN MOSQUES IN THE SOUTH.
neither do i!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO TO THE HOLY BIBLE IN SAUDI ARABIA WHEN DISPLAYED IN PUBLIC?
do i look like a saudi?dont you know saudi is a dictatorial monarchy that places censorship on many things?do you know also shia books and even sunni books not of the hanbali school (the prevailing school of thought in saudi arabia) are not tolerated?do i look like a wahhabi?i am shia not wahhabi nor sunni.get your facts straight.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY COPIES OF THE HOLY BIBLE HAVE BEEN DESTROYED IN ISLAMIC NATIONS?
you need to shut-up!

at least in islamic countries government and the law do not provide cover for burning the bible.just 3 weeks ago a florida pastor,Terry Jones,burned the Quran publicly on an appointed date.and guess what?its called "freedom" in america.do you how the Quran was desecrated in guantanamo?

SO MUCH FOR RELIGION OF PEACE?
WHEN YOU HAVE NO TOLERANCE OF FREEDOM OF WORSHIP?

check europe where they're a campaigning to ban hijab.but they dont campaign to ban nudity/indecency.

THE SAME ALMAJIRIS OR OTHER LUNATIC FRINGE OF YOUR ISLAM ARE YOUR FELLOW JUMAT WORSHIPERS AND IF YOU HAVE FAILED TO EDUCATE THEM FOR DECADES, WHAT DOES THAT SAY OF YOUR RELIGION? 
GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT (GIGO).

it is not my responsibility to educate them.i am not government nor president.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LadyT(f): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

These schools currently help feed, educate, and bed thousands of these kids - they are practically semi-orphanages for the poor and helpless in the society. The poor do not have to sleep on the sides of the road and go to bed hungrier because of these schools. The kids cannot afford better schools --- schools that maybe mix islamic studies with western science, or even western schools -- so they attend the non-government funded schools that welcome them.

Here are questions for you . . . .Why do you want to close these schools when you have not much to provide them a better alternative? When the next round of killings happen, will you be back here again to demand the schools be shut knowing that your Government has still done nothing in the way of providing them a better alternative?

This line is a joke. Feed and educate? Semi orphanages? A place where all they learn is the koran which leads them to NO QUALIFICATIONS rearing cattle is a better than this! they are dumped in these hell holes by their parents in order to feed they need to go on the streets and beg. These schools turn most of these kids into savage murderers.

Seriously they do no good whatsoever please do not insult the people who have died at the hands of the products of such schools.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Arosa(m): 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2011
LagosShia, so you peeps have a different God from the one in the Bible? did your Mohamed not get a visit from angel gabriel?
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
Arosa:

LagosShia, so you peeps have a different God from the one in the Bible? did your Mohamed not get a visit from angel gabriel?

if i answer you,will you also accept that the God in the Quran is also your God?

Our God is One and the Same God,the Unique Almighty God who revealed the Torah and the Quran.there is only One Unique Universal God.but definitely there are many ill-benefitting descriptions and narrations of/about God in the bible that will make you doubt if it is another "god" mentioned in your bible because of this:

Jeremiah 8:8
8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise,
for we have the law of the LORD,”
when actually the lying pen of the scribes
has handled it falsely?

EXAMPLES OF ILL-BEFITTING DESCRIPTIONS:

(a) A hissing God (?) ISAIAH 5:26, 7: 18, ZECHARIA 10:8
(b) A “roaring” God (?) ISAIAH 42:13, JEREMIAH 25:30
(c) A “barber” God (?) ISAIAH 7:20
(d) A “penitent” God (?) JEREMIAH 15:6, GENESIS 6:6
(e) A God “riding” a cherub (?) 2 SAMUEL 22:11
(f) A God murders 50,070 for looking into a box (?) SAMUEL 6:19
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by jixn: 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2011
We seem to have forgotten that we've had leaders of northern extraction for the most part of our independence. these leaders are aware of this sect called the almajiris but they deliberately will not do any thing about it and the only reason is that they,re the ticking time bomb.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2011
HOLY QURAN 3:64
Say: O People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him).
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LadyT(f): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
I laugh at LagosShia you are beginning to show yourself as an extremist misquoting the bible to make yourself look good.

Your signature says it all
Live like Mohammed (a grown man who married a child of age 6 and starting despoiling her at age eight) the other two you have named I hate to even think what they got up too.  Please address the topic and stop posting trash.

your religion is a whooping 400 years behind Christianity you are not superior and never shall you be. Like I have said before the south has many muslims why dont we have the same problems
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Arosa(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2011
LagosShia:

if i answer you,will you also accept that the God in the Quran is also your God?

I think they are the same but I have not read the Quran so. undecided But back to my previous question did angel Gabriel not visit Mohamed?
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2011
LadyT:

I laugh at LagosShia you are beginning to show yourself as an extremist misquoting the bible to make yourself look good.

Your signature says it all
Live like Mohammed (a grown man who married a child of age 6 and starting despoiling her at age eight) the other two you have named I hate to even think what they got up too. Please address the topic and stop posting trash.

your religion is a whooping 400 years behind Christianity you are not superior and never shall you be. Like I have said before the south has many muslims why dont we have the same problems

you're just a stubborn person repeating the lie of "6 years" that has been repeatedly already twice and rebutted twice.is that all christians got?

christianity is a wooping 1300 years older than christianity,is judaism not superior?and guess what?they believe Jesus was an impostor and not even an ordinary religious teacher.

and for showing your hate you think you're not an extremist?your ignorance is no different from the illitrates in the north.how am i misquoting anything?am i not stating the verses and their references i quote?
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LadyT(f): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2011
Your points are baseless because what has any of your pointless out of context quotes got to do with the topic. Further more you lack education Hitler killed at least 6million Jews!

Mohammed married a child and you know it! she wasnt a teenager she was a child!
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2011
LadyT:

This line is a joke. Feed and educate? Semi orphanages? A place where all they learn is the koran which leads them to NO QUALIFICATIONS rearing cattle is a better than this! they are dumped in these hell holes by their parents in order to feed they need to go on the streets and beg. These schools turn most of these kids into savage murderers.

Seriously they do no good whatsoever please do not insult the people who have died at the hands of the products of such schools.

a) No, that line was not a joke -- it is a fact. But you are still missing the essential point in much of what I , and many others have posted on this. If these children are not in these programs, they will have no other programs available to them -- they cannot afford other schools and so they rather attend the one that is available. Why are you having a hard time seeing that?

b) At this point, I am moved to suggest you at least take time to learn of the history of Almajiri-ism. The why of this practice and what it really is about. From your post, you make it sound like these poeple have other options in the societies but instead REFUSE those completely so they can raise children in this way.

c) There are non-muslim poor people in the same Northern nigeria . . . do you also blame the ills committed by that part of the poor uneducated masses in the north on the small unqualified schools that try to teach the poor and broke at least something, even if you think that something is nothing?

d) Note we have similar schools in the south too . . . . why are they not churning out axe murderers and suicide bombers in much the same way? Or are you unable to separate this one, even when we know now that mosques and churches were destroyed during the riots, from Religion??

e) Do you have any solid evidence of any kind to show that these schools turn the children into savages? You actually insult people who die at the hands of rioters when you GENERALIZE on the reasons why they were killed.

The main article said nothing of the children being a danger simply because they attended muslim school . . . matter of fact, it tried hard to draw people's attentions to the plight of the children and the place of these schools in the communities. What you and others should ask is why there are no Government funded programs available instead for these children. Why are they left in the hands of unqualified personal when they ought to be trained in state funded schools? What can the Government do now since the problem with the situation of the poor is now a national issue, and not just the concern of the hausa community?
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2011
LadyT:

Your points are baseless because what has any of your pointless out of context quotes got to do with the topic. Further more you lack education Hitler killed at least 6million Jews!

yes, my points are baseless because i am "crucifying" you this easter with facts that bite your skin for all the nonsense you spread here.when your "christian almajiris" are spreading nonsense and insults you join them.you dont tell them they are saying baseless things and out of context.read your bible.all the verses are there.i conjured no magic to show you the truth.the verses i presented are all in your bible.

if you total all the killings done by your god in the bible you'd get more than the 6 million of hitler.just at a go he killed more than 50,000!(1smauel 6:19)

Mohammed married a child and you know it! she wasnt a teenager she was a child!
since you dont want to understand and read with your eyes that nothing like that took place;let me remind you that it is still better to marry a "9 years old" girl than abusing a 9 years old boy in a so called "house of God".
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by oderemo(m): 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2011
since you dont want to understand and read with your eyes that nothing like that took place;let me remind you that it is still better to marry a "9 years old" girl than abusing a 9 years old boy in a so called "house of God
been trying to understand your logic since u started this lecture ,to me that sums it up. sorry u loss me there.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by ektbear: 11:22pm On Apr 24, 2011
All I gotta say is that these kids would be way better off even learning a trade at age 10. Learn how to be a mechanic, cook, plumber, etc.

Almajiri school is absolutely, positively useless and a waste of time

You can probably make good money even as a mechanic in nigeria, if you are good at it. I know you can do that here in the US at least.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 11:30pm On Apr 24, 2011
ode remo:

been trying to understand your logic since u started this lecture ,to me that sums it up. sorry u loss me there.

one more "christian almajiri".next!
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LadyT(f): 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2011
Thank you LagosShia thats all I wanted confirmed case closed. She was 9 abi? rubbish unlike you I dont need to defend my creator he can do that himself unlike yours. grin quote away Im not wasting time looking for quotes to make me look better unlike you

As for you Kobo this is your problem as always you think I am basing my comments on this one article?

Can you answer a simple question how is sending children out to beg a form of education?
How does this better their life? What kind of program do you call this?

If you bothered to read my posts you will see I ask the question that why is this problem only in the North?

on your points
on point a) how is teaching children how to cram the koran and beg a program of eduction?

on point b) completely pointless giving your children away as young as 4 because you cant afford them is a joke are you telling me that all the poor people do it?

on point c) learning to beg and cram the koran is useless

on point d) when people cannot tell left from right you expect them to know what and what not to burn?

on point e) this is your most silly point you ask for evidence? IS THE RECENT VIOLENCE NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE FOR YOU?
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2011
@LagosShia, Be warned. If you turn this into a Moslem / Christian debate you will regret it. NL is filled with enough materials to drown you.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 11:50pm On Apr 24, 2011
LadyT:

Thank you LagosShia thats all I wanted confirmed case closed. She was 9 abi? rubbish unlike you I dont need to defend my creator he can do that himself unlike yours. grin quote away Im not wasting time looking for quotes to make me look better unlike you

you cannot understand more than "9" and "6".

well,i have prepared an easter gift for you all "christian almajiris"-

here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651674.0.html

and here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

jerseyboy:

@LagosShia, Be warned. If you turn this into a Moslem / Christian debate you will regret it. NIL is filled with enough materials to drown you.
a big "LOL" to you.you "christian almajiri' must be really pissed  grin

i'm only serving you what you asked for.a political topic was abused to attack islam and the Quran as all others on NL.

you should bring your materials on.bring them on baby.i'm aware that NL is full of ignorance.but i'm here for this thread.we'd see where ignorance will take you.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?(Mathew 7:3)
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LadyT(f): 12:01am On Apr 25, 2011
LagosShia you are hilarious Im touched you remembered its Easter. You are derailing the thread because you refuse to answer simple questions

Im sorry you cant understand why I cannot understand any reason a man would need to r a p e a child he married as a wife. What does a gorwn man with wives need with a child!

We will never agree so I wont waste time with you dear.

Back to topic wink
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by GSyntax(m): 12:03am On Apr 25, 2011
I think the govt should invest into serious campaign on family planning in the north. Parents should not give birth to more than they can cater for. That way, the Almajiri schools will run out of student enrollment, hence close up. By the way, I think education is almost free in the north as at now. I think some northern state govts even pay WAEC & NECO fees for all the SS3 students of their respective states. I think efforts should be geared into letting the northern parent know the importance of sending their words to school at least secondary school level.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Apr 25, 2011
LadyT:

As for you Kobo this is your problem as always you think I am basing my comments on this one article?

Can you answer a simple question how is sending children out to beg a form of education?
Where have I, in any of my posts stated, it is even INFORMED education? Please read what I have typed to this point on this. Where have I, in any of my posts, stated that sending Children out to beg is a form of educating the Children?

LadyT:

How does this better their life? What kind of program do you call this?
Are you asking me to base my response on YOUR perception of their existence or THERE PERCEPTION of the world they live in? Which one?

LadyT:

If you bothered to read my posts you will see I ask the question that why is this problem only in the North?
I see you ask this question but then I also see you almost immediately go back to assuming the schools themselves are the problem. How do you expect me to interprete that when the same you who willingly admits these schools are no problem in the south, jump to conclude in the same breath that they are a problem in the north.

LadyT:

on point a) how is teaching children how to cram the koran and beg a program of eduction?
Would you rather they spend their time hanging out on street corners and doing nothing at all? On the begging aspect, that has to do entirely with Almajirism. But I am more concerned about what you would rather they be doing instead of educated on the quran in the way their teachers(many of them unpaid) know how to.

LadyT:
on point b) completely pointless giving your children away as young as 4 because you cant afford them is a joke are you telling me that all the poor people do it?
Many poor people do it . . . .this is not just in Nigeria. Even out in south America, slums in india, Uzbekistan etc. This phenomena is prevalent among the poor. People give their children out to be slaves/servants etc. so they can bring money back to the family. The point is IT HAPPENS and is NOT HIDDEN knowledge. It even happens in the South of nigeria where there are many cases of parents sending their children to live with strangers who promise to send the children to school and what not.

LadyT:
on point c) learning to beg and cram the koran is useless
If you think it useless, what other programs have you provided as alternative to these useless programs? I mean we could do the back and forth this time around --- do nothing and wait till the next news of killings to do exactly this again. My question is what alternatives are available, as we speak, to these people?

LadyT:
on point d) when people cannot tell left from right you expect them to know what and what not to burn?

What? hm . . . . You expect ignorant people to thinking like intelligent people? WOW!!

LadyT:

on point e) this is your most silly point you ask for evidence? IS THE RECENT VIOLENCE NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE FOR YOU?

Correction . . . you and I are here making assumptions here --- I have yet to read any single report that actually ties the riots to almajiris, or the schools they attend. For all we know, the almajiris are NOT the only poor people in the Northern society. Someone already tried to drive home that point more than once on this thread. Also, we have no reports coming in that all those who revolted were even poor --- it is possible that some of them were farmers, and traders in the same society.

I think we should not jump ahead of ourselves here out of bigoted feelings we may harbor against some of these people. That we do not like their way of raising their kids or the way the kids feel is best for them is no reason why we should then pin all crimes on them.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LadyT(f): 12:24am On Apr 25, 2011
The fact that you say that no reports state Almajiris were responsible. I agree they were not 100% responsible but to say that there have been no reports tells me two things

a) you have no family in the areas where the riots happened
b) you somehow missed certain news reports

This leads me to conclude trying to debate with someone who doesnt even try to google what she knows nothing about is a total waste of time!

*sigh*
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 12:25am On Apr 25, 2011
LadyT:

LagosShia you are hilarious Im touched you remembered its Easter. You are derailing the thread because you refuse to answer simple questions

Im sorry you cant understand why I cannot understand any reason a man would need to r a p e a child he married as a wife. What does a gorwn man with wives need with a child!

We will never agree so I wont waste time with you dear.

Back to topic wink

trying to meet bible standard AND morality (hope you now understand):

IN.CEST IN THE BIBLE:

1.) Lot In.cestous encounter with his daughters:

Genesis 19:33-35
33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

2.) Jacob Son's Incestous replationship with his father's wife:

Genesis 35:22
22And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:

3.) Judah (ancestor of your "lord and savior"wink commits prostitution and in.cest and pregnantes his son's wife

Genesis 38:15-18
15When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

16And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?

17And he said, I will send thee a kid from the flock. And she said, Wilt thou give me a pledge, till thou send it?

18And he said, What pledge shall I give thee? And she said, Thy signet, and thy bracelets, and thy staff that is in thine hand. And he gave it her, and came in unto her, and she conceived by him.

IN.CEST AND RA.PE BETWEEN BROTHER AND SISTER(children of "holy" David)

2 Samuel 13:5-14 :
5And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.

6So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, that I may eat at her hand.

7Then David sent home to Tamar, saying, Go now to thy brother Amnon's house, and dress him meat.

8So Tamar went to her brother Amnon's house; and he was laid down. And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cakes.

9And she took a pan, and poured them out before him; but he refused to eat. And Amnon said, Have out all men from me. And they went out every man from him.

10And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made, and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother.

11And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.

12And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly.

13And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee.

14Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her.

WHOLESALE RA.PING AND IN.CEST BETWEEN SON (of David) AND HIS MOTHERS!

2 Samuel 16:22
22So they spread Absalom a tent upon the top of the house; and Absalom went in unto his father's concubines in the sight of all Israel

BIBLICAL GOD GIVES AWAY THE WIVES OF HIS BELOVED DAVID TO BE RA.PED AS PUNISHMENT!

2 Samuel 12:11-12
11Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

12For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

ONANISM

Genesis 38:8-9
8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

PROPHETS BUT NA.KED IN THE BIBLE!

(a) “And he (Noah) drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he lay unclothed within his tent.” GENESIS 9-21

(b) ‘And he (Saul) stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down unclothed all that day and all that night Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets? ” 1 SAMUEL 19:24

(c) “How glorious was the king of Israel (David) to day, who UNCOVERED (became unclothed) himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly UNCOVERS himself 2 SAMUEL 6:20

(d) And the Lord said, like as my servant ISAIAH hath walked unclothed and barefoot three years . . . ” . . young and old, unclothed and barefoot, even with their buttocks UNCOVERED, to the shame of Egypt. ISAIAH 20:3-4

SON OF "RIGHTEOUS" DAVID RA.PES HIS SISTER!

Howbeit he (Amnon, one of the sons of David) would not hearken unto her this sister Tamar’s voice: but, being stronger than she, forced (violated) her, and LAY (had sex) with her.” 2 SAMUEL 13:14

“Man after God’s own heart”,DAVID COMMITS ADULTERY!

And David sent messengers, and took her (Bathsheba); and she came in unto him, and he LAY (had intercourse) with her. . . 2 SAMUEL 11:4

DO YOU STILL REGARD THE BIBLE WITH ALL THE ABOVE EVIL AND WICKEDNESS AS THE "WORD OF GOD"?IF SUCH ARE THE PRIESTS THEN MAY GOD BLESS THE CONGREGATION!!!
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 25, 2011
After a very long and satisfying Easter Sunday I retired with NL for my daily dose of laughter, only to be irritated by these tomfools who defend their violent religion? Worse still, they are incapable of responding to the simple questions I raised earlier, so they resort to window dressing? Smh.

I would never argue about which religion is 'better' than the other ('better' is such an ambiguous and subjective word). Even though I was born & raised as a Christian, I wouldn't argue it is a 'better' religion than, for instance, Judaism, Budhism or Hinduism. But as for Islam. . .it is the most despicable religion the world has ever known, why? Violence! It IS the ONLY religion associated with religion-centered violence. And for as long as NOBODY can refute that FACT, then Islam is meant for savage beassts, and I dare say, inglorious ba.s.t.ards. The southerners who are muslims are not violent, I know. But they must be seriously misguided to associate themselves with such a hateful, bestial religion. End of. No time for political correctness.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Apr 25, 2011
LadyT:

The fact that you say that no reports state Almajiris were responsible.  I agree they were not 100% responsible but to say that there have been no reports tells me two things

a) you have no family in the areas where the riots happened
b) you somehow missed certain news reports

This leads me to conclude trying to debate with someone who doesnt even try to google what she knows nothing about is a total waste of time!

*sigh*

Correction . . . . . I do have family and friends in the area, and no, I did not miss any reports purporting to link these to Almajiris in any way. If anything, most of the reports still connect the riots to disenfranchised voters in the North who feel the elections were rigged. NOT ONE SINGLE SOLID REPORT OUT THERE CLAIMS ALMAJIRI'S ARE TO BLAME FOR THE KILLINGS, YET SO MANY PEOPLE, MOST OUT OF IGNORANCE, HAVE CHOSEN TO PIN THE DEATHS ON THE ALMAJIRI COMMUNITIES IN NORTHERN POOR POPULATIONS --- do you think that fair?

Your conclusion is not only baseless but sort of shows you are not even willing to contemplate any ideas different from those you have established as fact for you in this, no matter how erroneous they may be.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 12:37am On Apr 25, 2011
pro01:

After a very long and satisfying Easter Sunday I retired with NL for my daily dose of laughter, only to be irritated by these tomfools who defend their violent religion? Worse still, they are incapable of responding to the simple questions I raised earlier, so they resort to window dressing? Smh.

go sleep, you've being answered well.

I would never argue about which religion is 'better' than the other ('better' is such an ambiguous and subjective word). Even though I was born & raised as a Christian, I wouldn't argue it is a 'better' religion than, for instance, Judaism, Budhism or Hinduism. But as for Islam. . .it is the most despicable religion the world has ever known, why? Violence! It IS the ONLY religion associated with religion-centered violence. And for as long as NOBODY can refute that FACT, then Islam is meant for savage beassts, and I dare say, inglorious ba.s.t.ards. The southerners who are muslims are not violent, I know. But they must be seriously misguided to associate themselves with such a hateful, bestial religion. End of. No time for political correctness.

the reason you should not even think about arguing which religion is better is because there is nothing yours can offer in the first place.

you're still associating the work of fools in the north with islam but you dont associate the peace and tolerance of the muslims in the south and elsewhere with islam.you guys have being talking nonsense in every thread against islam.i have no problem if you condemn violence and ignorance and illitracy.but when you use such issues to attack an entire religion to which even southerners like myself belong to,you will be treated well.this thread should serve as a lesson to all the "christian almajiris" on nairaland to respect themselves.you have all the evidence (as ive provided them in this thread) you need to see how ugly,evil,dirty,immoral and man-made your religion is.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LadyT(f): 12:46am On Apr 25, 2011
Like I said kobo it's pointless please speak to your so called family and friends to find out who was running the streets with machetes and wood. Also try searching for news articles.

Alamajiris are nothing more than uneducated mistreated hungry youth. I'm quite sure someone  paid them to carry out the violence. But the problem with alamajiris is they are so silly they just need to hear somones insulted their religion or someones cheated a fellow brother.
Re: Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb by LagosShia: 12:51am On Apr 25, 2011
LadyT:

Alamajiris are nothing more than uneducated mistreated hungry youth. I'm quite sure someone paid them to carry out the violence. But the problem with alamajiris is they are so silly they just need to hear somones insulted their religion or someones cheated a fellow brother.

if possible,i guess we should bring some of them to nairaland.some "christian almajiris" need their likes from the north to burst out of the computer screen after all the nonsense and insults.northern almajiris VS "christian almajiris".

you're busy talking about them in the north as if you're any better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Charly Boy Should Be Arrested" - Mustapha Yamusa Rigasa, Kaduna Journalist / Pandora Papers: Why Avoiding Paying Taxes To A Country You Claim To Love? / David Hundeyin: I Never Hinted At Or Referred To Rinu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.