Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq (15704 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / North Now Controls Two Powerful Arms Of Government / Northern Leaders To FG: Demilitarise The North Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2011
Ivynwa:

Ezeuche I am still asking when we are scheduling the meeting for the elders to negotiate the division of Nigeria? F-u-k-c the killers/haters and extremists of this country.  embarassed angry cry

I am glad you brought that up. Someone has already started the process on Facebook. When I am back home in May, I will see what I can do in PH.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by bamosagie(m): 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
@ ezeuche, you are a realist, definitely not alone. so many people share the same view only they are scared to go public. here in the south there is an ominous calm, you dont need a visioner to predict the mood.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
I concur with tippy-tops line of reasoning. Breaking up the country would cause more confusion and havoc. Rather we should advocate for a change in our governmental system.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

I am anti-North. Not anti-Yoruba. I want a Southern Federation. No need to have barbarism and religious extremist.

Viva la Southern Nigeria!

A Yoruba/Igbo country will last at best 3years, enough time for the Igbos or Yorubas to play a game of one-upmanship.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

A Yoruba/Igbo country will last at best 3years, enough time for the Igbos or Yorubas to play a game of one-upmanship.

[b]Igbophobia [/b]is a terrible disease. Southern Nigerians value life. We may not agree on politics, but you wont see us killing each other in the name of religion, ethnicity or politics.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by ufumes(m): 4:43pm On Apr 25, 2011
I just wonder how tomorrow's election would be conducted in the north, with this stories of insecurities.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
ufumes:

I just wonder how tomorrow's election would be conducted in the north, with this stories of insecurities.

There will be more killings. (And I am no Nostradamus)
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
J12:

I concur with tippy-tops line of reasoning. Breaking up the country would cause more confusion and havoc. Rather we should advocate for a change in our governmental system.

Aww dear, would you rather we keep having innocent non Muslims being slaughtered like cattle. Lol. Some you really make me wonder. SPLIT THE DAMN COUNTRY. NOTE: I grew up in the North, have Muslim friends, have a Muslim god father who I take as my own father e.t.c. BUT, the reality is my godfather is in the minority of good Hausa Fulani Muslims. I am not anti North but I am incensed by the nonchalance of Northern leaders to the carnage they have allowed in their midst. I love the idea of Nigeria being a diverse nation, but the superiority complex of most Northerners is the biggest put off. Why are Middle belt Muslims or Yoruba Muslims not as volatile as the ones up North. ANSWER- A culture of humanity.

Abeg, I am tired of you people who have never known what it is to lose loved ones to "animals" in human skins coming here to advocate one Nigeria. My advice to you is this, offer one of your brothers or sisters to the Almajiris and then come back and preach the gospel of unity to the rest of us. Mscheewww. ABEG SPLIT THE DAMN COUNTRY JARE. As for those saying Southern Nigeria will have issues. I know this, there might be squabbles in the South when it becomes one country, but NEVER will we kill one and other for trivial issues like religion. From the Middle belt down South, we have humans. Remember the good Muslim who helped protect Christians during the last riot as reported in the news. Well guess what, he is not Hausa Fulani.

I don't care if you disagree with me, but the rest of the country is tired of calling a spade a hoe. Shikena! angry
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

Aww dear, would you rather we keep having innocent non Muslims being slaughtered like cattle. Lol. Some you really make me wonder. SPLIT THE DAMN COUNTRY. NOTE: I grew up in the North, have Muslim friends, have a Muslim god father who I take as my own father e.t.c. BUT, the reality is my godfather is in the minority of good Hausa Fulani Muslims. I am not anti North but I am incensed by the nonchalance of Northern leaders to the carnage they have allowed in their midst. I love the idea of Nigeria being a diverse nation, but the superiority complex of most Northerners is the biggest put off. Why are Middle belt Muslims or Yoruba Muslims not as volatile as the ones up North. ANSWER- A culture of humanity.

Abeg, I am tired of you people who have never known what it is to lose loved ones to "animals" in human skins coming here to advocate one Nigeria. My advice to you is this, offer one of your brothers or sisters to the Almajiris and then come back and preach the gospel of unity to the rest of us. Mscheewww. ABEG SPLIT THE DAMN COUNTRY JARE. As for those saying Southern Nigeria will have issues. I know this, there might be squabbles in the South when it becomes one country, but NEVER will we kill one and other for trivial issues like religion. From the Middle belt down South, we have humans. Remember the good Muslim who helped protect Christians during the last riot as reported in the news. Well guess what, he is not Hausa Fulani.

I don't care if you disagree with me, but the rest of the country is tired of calling a spade a hoe. Shikena! angry

I perfectly understand and I also believe splitting the country would good. But I believe a change in governmental system would be the best solution.

Let me ask you something: Which country should Abuja go to if we split?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by kulutempa: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2011
J12:

Yes you are right.  Let's go along with tippy-tops suggestion of true federalism and resource control by individual states.  How about the oil states get to keep all their oil revenues and the North goes back to putting up groundnut pyramids like you used to do.  That would be nice wouldn't it.  To each according to his ability and resources.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Ivynwa(f): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

Ivynwa gives Virgo a high five I must remind Ezeuche to send you an invite to that special meeting where we are going to seriously negotiate the division with some international organisations, if the elders of this country have refused to be elders and read the handwriting on the wall, we youths mustn't stand aloof and fold our arms. Let the division begin!

I am not even all-so-politics or tribalist, let the country be split up into as many parts as we can tolerate ourselves, If the south refuse to be together let each side be on its own and have peace , the oil producing area can have their own country and enjoy the resources that belong to them. The South-east can have their own country and the south-west can have their own country. Anything that can stop this killing of innocents while the rich squander the wealth of the nation in their houses. We are all a hardworking set of people and can all survive in countries of our own with or without oil (the hausas are even great farmers and traders that can build a great economy on their own).
Above all resources can get to the masses
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
Na wa o.

How come security in Nigeria has degenarated to this level all of a sudden
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
@J12, we will have a sovereign national conference for every tribe and region to decide whether they want to go separate ways and in any event this happens, which country they will like to belong to. Note that Abuja is the homeland of the Gwaris, and they are well aware of the Hausa Fulani threat to take over their land. They can see from their brothers in Niger, Plateau and Nassarawa that the Hausa Fulani is not your friend once he and his brothers grow in numbers.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Na wa o.

It shows that I am not the only person who believes Nigeria needs to be split in half.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by jokingmary(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
Bomb! Bomb!! Bomb!!!

This people make me sick.

J12:

I perfectly understand and I also believe splitting the country would good. But I believe a change in governmental system would be the best solution.
Correct but how
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
J12:

Let me ask you something: Which country should Abuja go to if we split?

Thank you ja re. Becareful what you wish for, thats what am saying.
How can we divide without a monumental war. Igbos tried it and it led  to 3years of wanton destruction on both sides.

Am also pissed off with the likes of Eze uche and the rest of the internet warrior movement. Put your money where your mouth is.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

Thank you ja re. Becareful what you wish for, thats what am saying.
How can we divide without a monumental war. Igbos tried it and it led  to 3years of wanton destruction on both sides.

Am also pissed off with the likes of Eze uche and the rest of the internet warrior movement. Put your money where your mouth is.

I shall continue to preach the truth. The truth hurts doesn't it?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Ivynwa, honestly, everyone is tired. For how long will we continue to turn the other cheek? It is no longer funny. 38 years of believing in one Nigeria, and this is what we get. Intimidation? No way. You must speak to the violent man in the language he understands. Preaching Jesus and peace to people who cal you "kaffir" is just foolhardy.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Na wa o.

It was inevitable.
No one can stop this.

No Society Ever Has Lived in Peace with a Sizable Population of Muslims Within It.

Look around the world.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Tippy top, sugar why don't you call names? For your information, the last revolutions you have seen in the M.E started from the internet. It is a pity that you are just an apologist. Like Ezeuche said, truth hurts. If you don't like it, jump into the nearest lagoon. Note- I am not Ibo. Idiota!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Makbo: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2011
In that chaotic situation some smartasses talk about reasonning? Folk, that's the end of Nigeria !
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2011
jokingmary:

Bomb! Bomb!! Bomb!!!

This people make me sick.
Correct but how

Simple.
Let each state control its resources.
EzeUche__:

I shall continue to preach the truth. The truth hurts doesn't it?

The truth is you stay in far away America but wish war on your people. How many Nigerians woul be able to run abroad in war situation. A war in Nigeria would swell your dollars--------Niceee.
virgo:

@Ivynwa, honestly, everyone is tired. For how long will we continue to turn the other cheek? It is no longer funny. 38 years of believing in one Nigeria, and this is what we get. Intimidation? No way. You must speak to the violent man in the language he understands. Preaching Jesus and peace to people who cal you "kaffir" is just foolhardy.

My friend start the war now or who are you thinking should start it for you. Its other peoples children that would die in this war that you're advocating remember.

virgo:

@Tippy top, sugar why don't you call names? For your information, the last revolutions you have seen in the M.E started from the internet. It is a pity that you are just an apologist. Like Ezeuche said, truth hurts. If you don't like it, jump into the nearest lagoon. Note- I am not Ibo. Idiota!

That revolution was for a change in govt not a call for arms.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by matazzmagi(m): 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2011
We love The Lord, for He heard our voice. He heard our cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to us, we will call on Him as long as we live" ---- BIAFRANS.Blood of the innocents for the past 50years is on course, Nigerians should pray for forgiveness and  propaganda  flying all these years from generation to generation against the blood of the innocents for all these years this the reminder of everlasting pain caused by other groups in Nigeria against the igbos.I said before that the same killings will continue till date and is still on don't  be deceived Nigeria is a genocide state a shame to black race.My prayer to those who lost their life from the wicked it shall be well.GOD is not sleeping one day the blood thirsting animals will not see any more innocent igbo blood to drink.Them and their sponsors will soon meet the wall!!!!!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Ivynwa(f): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
Virgo are you at Abuja? Me I am carrying my heart in my hand for my brothers that are living at Abuja? If anything happens to any of them, those killers will see that women go to war. Nonsense! I no fit laugh sef. Mtcheeeew, can't we have peace in this country?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Sopono(m): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
The federal government is clearly flummoxed & at a loss on the next steps to take.
This terror storm has been brewing for a long time now.
Al-queida and islamic fundamentalism has been on the march across north & sub-saharan Africa for many years but we did nothing to protect ourselves.
Now these demons have found safe haven and ready tools in some bloodthirsty beasts up north.
Add that to the recurring violence up north and you get a new kind of threat.
Fire don jam petrol, obvious result na conflagration.
See as bomb they go off for naija like say na Afghanistan shocked shocked shocked
It is only a matter of time before the cancer spreads.
Let us do what we have to do NOW.
Let us stop all the dilly-dallying & prevarication.
Lets us convoke a Sovereign National conference.
Let us peacefully dissolve this marriage of strange bed-fellows (Soviet style) NOW!!!!!!!!!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

@J12, we will have a sovereign national conference for every tribe and region to decide whether they want to go separate ways and in any event this happens, which country they will like to belong to. Note that Abuja is the homeland of the Gwaris, and they are well aware of the Hausa Fulani threat to take over their land. They can see from their brothers in Niger, Plateau and Nassarawa that the Hausa Fulani is not your friend once he and his brothers grow in numbers.

The northerners never ever let the the south to part with abuja. that would even lead to another civil war.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by EzeUche3(m): 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

The truth is you stay in far away America but wish war on your people. How many Nigerians woul be able to run abroad in war situation. A war in Nigeria would swell your dollars--------Niceee.

Lets keep this in perspective, my time in the U.S. is coming to a close, and I shall be returning to PH in May. I have no intention staying in America. Most of my family continue to reside in the East.

And why must a break up of this nation turn to war. There is widespread consensus that Southern Nigeria does not want to be in union with Northern Nigeria. We have the education, oil, world wide exposure and our economy is much stronger than the North.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by nbltech(m): 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

It shows that I am not the only person who believes Nigeria needs to be split in half.

I supported d idea:Nigeria shud be splitted let us have our peace.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by matazzmagi(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
The creation of Nigeria involved forcing several different ethnic, cultural and religious groups into one political structure. In retrospect of forty years, it is clear that this was a grave mistake which has cost many lives and will probably continue to do so." ---- Sir Peter Smithers, former British Cabinet Minister in the Colonial Office, London Times., July 15, 1998.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

Lets keep this in perspective, my time in the U.S. is coming to a close, and I shall be returning to PH in May. I have no intention staying in America. Most of my family continue to reside in the East.

And why must a break up of this nation turn to war. There is widespread consensus that Southern Nigeria does not want to be in union with Northern Nigeria. We have the education, oil, world wide exposure and our economy is much stronger than the North.

I must say the Yorubas would not like to be in the same union with Igbos and what of the southern/northern minority tribe?
The solution I think would be to have a proper Federal govt that's not too strong at the centre and resource control by states.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by 2mch(m): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2011
nbl tech:

I supported d idea:Nigeria shud be splitted let us have our peace.

Into 6 countries. No southern Nigeria. After all we have a fair share of the people causing problems in the country today in the South. It would be another 38 years of fighting and further splitting. So 6 countries it is.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Tippy top, I don't think there is a lack of sane Southerners who will fight back. Your useless ass can go and sit somewhere or even cower under the skirts of the women in your family. The silence of the South all these years should not be a basis for your idiotic gloating. You will soon bite your fingers, hare brainded, yellow hearted, lily hearted excuse for a man.

Whether the M.E advocated for a change in government or not is not the point. My point is that the internet is where revolutions begin. Encerrar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

No Foreign Jamborees, Buhari Tells Ministers: Nation / Ben Bruce Calls On EFCC And ICPC To Return Ganduje’s Donation To Them / Fuel Hits N685/litre In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.