Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,770 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq (15699 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / North Now Controls Two Powerful Arms Of Government / Northern Leaders To FG: Demilitarise The North Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
"I suspect he is Auchi. Muslims there has northern sentiments. Understandable"

LOL! Then he is delusional. Hausa Muslims won't even pray in the same mosque with their Yoruba counterparts. grin I am laughing so hard. Tippy Top honey, no biggie if you feel closer to the North than the much saner south. Ever heard of the word "migration". Lol, what a joke!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by ektbear: 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

LOL! Then  he is delusional. Hausa Muslims won't even pray in the same mosque with their Yoruba counterparts.  grin

Is that true? If so, why?

So mosques, are there separate mosques for Yoruba, Hausa, Nupe, Fulani, etc? How does it work?

Nigerian churchs I've been too have been a mix of all types of groups before. Though few northerners.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
bamosagie:

@Tippy Top, really doubt your claim to being edo, honestly i think you are from Niger state.

Ebho na ma hon, oghi gbor bhan.

virgo:

"I suspect he is Auchi. Muslims there has northern sentiments. Understandable"

LOL! Then  he is delusional. Hausa Muslims won't even pray in the same mosque with their Yoruba counterparts.   I am laughing so hard. Tippy Top honey, no biggie if you feel closer to the North than the much saner south. Ever heard of the word "migration". Lol, what a joke!

Why is it impossible for you to grasp that I find your "views" appalling. Am non of the above.

P.S
Hmmm is this where you start calling me all ssorts of names and how I betrayed the south/christianity and the rest of it.
If I were you I'd keep my distorted view to myself.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Tare55(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
This is how they package thier bombs! You better keep your eyes peeled as you go out tomorrow to vote shocked shocked shocked

Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Basseti: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

This would be our mindset in a war situation.
Why would we want to be under another big tribe when we can have our own.

And how are u sure that the dissolution of Nigeria will come only by the sword?  undecided

The Igbos tried that route , it didnt work. And besides at that time, it was mainly the Igbos clamoring for that move. Now a lot of tribes feel disenfranchised with the current status quo. This is no longer an issue whereby one tribe is seeking secession.

Let me ask U these questions:
1) If everyone agrees to resource control as a way to keep us together, and the North says NO,,,,,

2) If the North does not produce the president in 2015 (and given thier born to rule mentality),,,,

What do u think will become oif Nigeria in these very PROBABLE scenarios?

And let me remind U that one of the chants by the rioters in the North was a raba (Hausa for DIVIDE). It was no longer ONE Nigeria once Buhari lost.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by seanet03: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Is that true? If so, why?
True to a very large extent among the Hausas though some are changing
The felt Southern Muslims do not follow the Laid down rules of Allah, they referred to us as "Keferis" Meaning Unbelievers!!
To this Bloody Almajiris, Killing innocent People is Lawful
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
"Is that true? If so, why?"

*Scratches head*, beats me o! I don't know myself. Maybe it just boils down to tribal superiority in the absence of Christians and animists to intimidate. When I was in Secondary school, my two best friends were Muslims. One from Bornu and the other from Kwara. These two hotties really couldn't stand each other. Me being a middle man got to hear from my Bornu friend that Yoruba Muslims are fake Muslims because they convert the Koran to Yoruba. Lol. What buffonry! I didn't tell my friend from Kwara state. Who wants a mini religious conflict in a boarding house in Niger State. Not I! I just love me my Yoruba people. They never allow religion dictate to their sense of culture. Unfortunately the North has lost its culture to Islam. That is why they never think outside it. Neeways, I doubt that Nigeria will work until we sit down and trash out these issues or simply part ways.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2011
Moslems have differences but so does christianity. Igbos are mostly Catholics and Yorubas mostly Aladuras/CAC. I wonder why it evolved like this/
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by ektbear: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2011
seanet03:

True to a very large extent among the Hausas though some are changing
The felt Southern Muslims do not follow the Laid down rules of Allah, they referred to us as "Keferis" Meaning Unbelievers!!
To this Bloody Almajiris, Killing innocent People is Lawful

shocked

Have they forgotten all their ritualism from the 1800s? It isn't as if they've been fervent Muslims for a thousand years or something.

Very funny people, these mallams
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Tippy Top, please note that I don't care what you think of my views. As you have gathered from my posts, I find you very cowardly. So there, the animosity is mutual dear.  grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by ektbear: 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
What is wrong with converting the koran into yoruba? What language should it be in? Arabic only

Who has time to learn to read arabic, lol

Maybe I should learn to read greek and aramaic to read the bible
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by bamosagie(m): 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2011
hmm Tippy Top are you sure you are not an offspring of one those burreau de change guys that hang around bob izua park at ring road?
on a serious note sir, it is only a matter of time before we end up in another senseless war, when can easily part ways as friends, and still invite each other for tea from time to time.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by kulutempa: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
Tippy Top:

I must say the Yorubas would not like to be in the same union with Igbos and what of the southern/northern minority tribe?
The solution I think would be to have a proper Federal govt that's not too strong at the centre and resource control by states.

Tippy Top, I am laughing so hard right now, my sides are aching.   You know what, what you have said which I have highlighted is the very same thing the British told Ghandi in pre independence India, as a reason for their continued stay and colonisation of the country.    They said they were in India to keep the peace between the Hindus and Muslims because if they leave there would be total war.   Ghandi in return replied  "You leave first and we would try to solve our problems without your help.    I have to say that this is the same divide and rule approach that Fulani/Hausa leaders have used for years to gain political ascendancy in Nigeria.  However the game is now up as the recent presidential elections have shown and the Southerners have now seen through the smokescreen.  At the end of the day there is a basic problem in Nigeria which is that Northern muslims cannot seem to tolerate Southern Christians living in their midst, whereas the same cannot be said about Southerners attitude to Hausas and Fulanis living with them.  It therefore looks like it is in fact the Northerners who prefer to be on their own without any tolerance for people of other tribes and religions.  Northern leaders must therefore let us know whether they are prepared to always safeguard the lives and properties of Southerners living in the North failing which we might as well live apart.    Northern leaders must realise that they cannot have it both ways:  They can't continue to chant the mantra of one Nigeria, and on the other hand keep killing and maiming those whom they consider to be outsiders and "unbelievers" among them.   Like I said, the game is over.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

@Tippy Top, please note that I don't care what you think of my views. As you have gathered from my posts, I find you very cowardly. So there, the animosity is mutual dear.
Care to display your cache of arms in the impending doom you advocate?
Get lost, "brave woman".
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Ivynwa(f): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
Basseti:

And how are u sure that the dissolution of Nigeria will come only by the swordundecided
The Igbos tried that route , it didnt work. And besides at that time, it was mainly the Igbos clamoring for that move. Now a lot of tribes feel disenfranchised with the current status quo. This is no longer an issue whereby one tribe is seeking secession.
Let me ask U these questions:
1) If everyone agrees to resource control as a way to keep us together, and the North says NO,,,,,
2) If the North does not produce the president in 2015 (and given thier born to rule mentality),,,,
What do u think will become oif Nigeria in these very PROBABLE scenarios?
And let me remind U that one of the chants by the rioters in the North was a raba (Hausa for DIVIDE). It was no longer ONE Nigeria once Buhari lost.
Born to rule who?? How can a primitive minded people (that only love to kill) rule people that have evolved way beyond them. Give them their damn country let them rule themselves. Let them stay there and be dreaming, the other parts of Nigeria have left them behind and they are still carrying sword and tins of groundnut oil as bombs, are they not ashamed?
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

What is wrong with converting the koran into yoruba? What language should it be in? Arabic only

Who has time to learn to read arabic, lol

Maybe I should learn to read greek and aramaic to read the bible

Lol! Well we have been already condemned for translating the Bible to English. Umm, why do you think we are second rate humans in their eyes. Well, real change must happen. We cannot continue to be the ones at the losing end just because we believe in one Nigeria. People shy away from the truth, and that is why we have allowed the problem of religious intolerance to get to this dangerous level of bombs and terrorist style prison breaks.

It is annoying, really. Check the people on FB and Twitter calling for one Nigeria after mayhem is visited on either non Muslims or non indigenes, it is usually Northern Muslims or their apologists. They say all these and go back to their living room and agree that the South had it coming. Educate the Almajiris now? No, they pass the info to their imams to fill their head with nonsense conspiracies. And we are supposed to wait till eternity for change? It's crazy really!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2011
Care to display your cache of arms in the impending doom you advocate? Get lost, "brave woman".

Aww struck some nerve, didn't I? Thought you were going to hide in your hole forever, spineless coward! grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2011
kulutempa:

Tippy Top, I am laughing so hard right now, my sides are aching.   You know what, what you have said which I have highlighted is the very same thing the British told Ghandi in pre independence India, as a reason for their continued stay and colonisation of the country.    They said they were in India to keep the peace between the Hindus and Muslims because if they leave there would be total war.   Ghandi in return replied  "You leave first and we would try to solve our problems without your help.  

Then the Brits left, and Pakistan left taking Bangladesh, but then  Bangladesh left Pakistan.  Just two years ago Indian and Pakistan were about to nuke each other over Kashmire. Who's laughing now?
Hehehe!!!!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nadanbata: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2011
This aint new has been happening for years, Federal govt has done nothing about it nor do they care.

Lol people are talking about dividing, national confence Bla Bla Bla. Let me tell you I dont care wether we split or not, wont make a difference to the average Mallam for they dont see da oil money that comes out of the DELTA (Not IgboLand, Not YorubaLand). But Im realistic and know perfectley well it wont happen till the corruption goes. None of the problems in Naija affects the people "eating" from Naija, what is the need for them to change what works for them? The same people "eating" are the ones in charge. So all your ethnic/religous/tribalstic curses and calls for secssion are AIR
for all your Chiefs are[b] 'full'[/b]

The sooner you realise the Federal goverment dont give a Zap about the ordinary Nigerian the better. Some of you man wont ever see though, your blinded by ethnic assaults you launch behind your computer screens  cheesy cheesy. Ive said many times no point talking about something that wont happen, instead of talking how to change the Leaders your wasting your time on dividng  cheesy cheesy cheesy

All HAIL one Nigeria grin  grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by 190: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
[size=18pt]THANK GOD

NIGERIA IS FINALLY DIVIDED grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
Then the Brits left, and Pakistan left taking Bangladesh, but then  Bangladesh left Pakistan.  Just two years ago Indian and Pakistan were about to nuke each other over Kashmire. Who's laughing now? Hehehe!!!!

India is laughing real hard brother man. Check the level of suicide bombings in Pakistan and India and do your maths. SMH. Olodo!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

Care to display your cache of arms in the impending doom you advocate? Get lost, "brave woman".

Aww struck some nerve, didn't I? Thought you were going to hide in your hole forever, spineless coward!

Better than me hiding in your stinking "hole" I tell you that.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by deadie(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
Only in one section of Nigeria will a group of people wake up and in the name of politics, religion, or tribe head off to slaughter another group. Give them Buharistan where they can fully practice their desert religion, easily oppress women, practice paedophila and blow themselves up.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
Better than me hiding in your stinking "hole" I tell you that.

Ewwww, you are so disgusting. People like you present a perfect argument for birth control. Why the fudge didn't your mother swallow you up. LOL! I am not even going to talk dirty with you. grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by item: 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2011
Nigeria needs to do something about the northerners.

If there continue this way, we shall do something about it.

Remember, He that kills by the sword shall be killed by the sword.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
deadie:

Only in one section of Nigeria will a group of people wake up and in the name of politics, religion, or tribe head off to slaughter another group. Give them Buharistan where they can fully practice their desert religion, easily oppress women, practice paedophila and blow themselves up.

EXACTLY!!!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by lastpage: 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
Gents, before l go forward, l will say DOWNLOAD THE UWAIS REPORT HERE:

http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue/browse_thread/thread/5fc6e75a3a4d4a18

http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue/browse_thread/thread/5fc6e75a3a4d4a18

Why?  

A FEW PEEPS HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT "TRUE FEDERALISM" AS THE SOLUTION!

But let me ask: How come this "document" which details "How to go about it" (Something close to a "Sovereign National Conference"wink was never implemented under the Yar Adua Regime?
If it was not seen as a solution then, what makes anyone think it can be seen as a solution now?
Or is "this kind of talk" just an excuse to buy more time while the killing innocent Southern Souls continue?

Mbaa, this rascality and blood-lust MUST STOP!

BTW: All this "scary tactics" about "who will own Abuja", "its going to be a very fierce civil war", it will not happen except in a bitter war, e.t.c, tongue tongue .,.,., does not scare anyone anymore! Nothing can be worse than watching some animals butcher a live, breathing human, just for nothing! angry angry

That is the height of barbarism! Even in war, EVERYONE gat the opportunity to carry a gun and defend themselves first!

Credit: blackstar
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by jaguar09(m): 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
Seems to me 2015 predicted by the US for Nigerians disintegration may come sooner than anticipated.

The way forward at this time is disintegration. History will have it that 'there was once a nation called Nigeria which existed between 1914 - 2014, it rose to be the most populous black nation on the face of the earth, Major oil producer, Great Footballing Potential, bla bla bla.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by TippyTop(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
virgo:

Then the Brits left, and Pakistan left taking Bangladesh, but then  Bangladesh left Pakistan.  Just two years ago Indian and Pakistan were about to nuke each other over Kashmire. Who's laughing now? Hehehe!!!!

India is laughing real hard brother man. Check the level of suicide bombings in Pakistan and India and do your maths. SMH. Olodo!

What the heck are you doing up north if you hate them that much? Why not come back south and do some serious work rather than  servicing 70yr old Alhajis.
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
This is the beginning of the end for the entity called NIGERIA. All my life, i don't ever recall seeing Nigeria in such violent state. Maybe Military rule wasn't bad after all, at least they were able to keep the peace. How can i go out now and be afraid of getting killed by a bomb,  No one in Nigeria is safe let me warn you guys, anywhere can be bombed by this blood suckers, until then, our government will do nothing about the dismal state of security!
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by virgo(f): 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
What the be intimate with are you doing up north if you hate them that much? Why not come back south and do some serious work rather than  servicing 70yr Alhajis.

Don't be stupid my friend. I don't owe you any explanation on why I live in Abuja. LOL! Almajiri lover! Besides, need I point out to you that Abuja is the Federal capital territory and the owners happen to be the Gwaris, eh? Please don't stress your pea sized brain on my account. I live where I please until we know the next step to take as a nation, ok?  grin
Re: 3 Bombs rock Northeastern Nigerian City; Many Dead - North Now Like Iraq by halfcurrent(m): 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
When Col Gadaffi recommended splitting for us (Nigeria), we were all raining abuses on him. Now, it appears it is the most sensible advise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Army Release Abubakar Sadiq Wrongly Arrested As One Of 100 Wanted Terrorists(pic / Buhari Presides Over Weekly FEC Meeting (Photos) / Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.