Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (14782 Views)

Photo Of Syrian Boy Protecting His Little Sister From Air Strike / 34 Hostages Killed In Air Strike By Algerian Forces / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by MandingoII(m): 12:27am On May 03, 2011
[s]Mandingo neither would i want to live your life becuase you clearly hate being black and in a bid to make yourself feel better you try to imagine that you are above africans, the way you do this is by using evry chance you can to make disparaging comments about african people, you come on here in order to boost your dangerously low self esteem.

if as you claim, life is meant to be full of love and laughter why do you spend an INORDINATE amount of your time abusing, insulting and making disparaging comments about africans ON AN AFRICAN FORUM, I mean which happy well rounded person who loves life puts down a member of their own race - wait let me guess - a self hating, insecure, inferiority complex filled one - someone who feels totally inadequate, lacking and full of sef hatred - someone like Mandingo!!!!-

When was the last time you posted a comment on NL which had anything POSITIVE to say about african people? let me guess - NEVER?? so why then do you feel you have the right to get angry about me speaking negatively about america??  A country that has mentally abused you to the point that you are so screwed up that you hate everything that reminds you of your origin

Lets get one thing straight here, the fact that i speak about injustice in this world does not mean that i am an unhappy person it means that i care about the world and i care about injustice, things that you find difficult to comprehend because your entire life has always been one long rat race, unlike you i did not grow up in an environment where i was taught to feel inferior, therefore i am not used to seeing people being treated badly and when i do see it, i speak out against it, in your own case you have learnt to absorb abuse and bad treatment, you've also learnt to redirect your anger and hatred at africans whom you see as an easy target, despite all the hot air you are nothing more than a modern day field negro, pretending to hate whitey, but deep down inside wishing you could be him, its men like you who refuse to be responsible fathers to your numerous children, its men like you who abuse and insult black american  women and prefer to go out with white women in order to boost your damaged ego, word of advice - if you cant take the heat - stay well away from the kitchen, in other words as long as you continue to insult and abuse africans on this forum be prepared to keep being told about your own country - the truth is bitter -learn to accept it  [/s]

besides, this is FOREIGN AFFAIRS, B/I/T/C/H, there is nothing new going on in Africa but the same old negative tropes.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by mamagee3(f): 12:32am On May 03, 2011
I wish it was gaddafi himself!

But he got what was coming to him, he deserves to mourn the death of his son just like most other libyans are mourning theirs.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 12:59am On May 03, 2011
igbogolo:

@ cap 28

So you just trawl cyberspace spewing venom. Is it that you dont have something worthy doing? or are you a psychiatric case?
Go to bed, you lonely rejected internet misfit. If you are looking for attention, start by saying 'Hello, my name is cap28, and I am a lonely, frustrated and unloved internet troll'. Maybe you may get someone equally deluded that can say hello in return.

no i just enjoy putting dumb, illiterate fools like you in your place, would you not agree that that is a worthy cause?

are you still hurting from the bi.tch slapping you just received from me douchebag? by the way im still awaiting your answer to the very simple questions i asked you a few posts back - dumb fool
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by manny4life(m): 1:29am On May 03, 2011
It's quite unfortunate about the death of the son and his his grandkids but come on, the bombing in my opinion is somewhat justified. Gaddafi knew they were coming for him, he rather used his own blood and shield from attack, his only seek empathy from the world nothing else.

Mr. Cap 28, there isn't any day of reckoning coming for them, the sooner you get used to it, the better it is for you. Stop accusing the U.S. and NATO, I stand by them 100%. Gaddafi has committed more war crimes than anyone can begin to count so let him do the most honorable thing and leave Obama out of this. The NATO alliance hasn't committed any war crime, casualties from fighting are inevitable that's why precautions are necessary.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by owobokiri(m): 2:09am On May 03, 2011
Pity! the way the western press controls my peoples brain and manipulates starry eyed Africans to no end. You can't help but wonder why we always refuse to make independent assesment of events rather than following oyibo sheepishly at every turn. When you guys say that Gadaffi was killing civilians, can you back that up? Just back that up for once. When, where and how? He has been there for over 40 years, can you guys show examples of when he massacerd civilians ? Or you expect him to give in to armed insurrections by a bunch of islamic militants just to impress your notion of good governance as passed down to you by the BBC and CNN? We saw the unrest in Tunisia and Egypt. Even Yemen is still going on. Why is it that people from these other areas never stormed army and police barracks, taking those over within the first few hours of the unrest? Egyptians and Tunisians were able to get rid of their autocratic presidents , inspite of the state unleashed violence that followed because those were majority of the civilains rising up against tyranny. Egyptians never fired rockets at army bases, yet over a thousand lives were lost.

Here in Libya, we have a group of hardened islamic fighters with their minority population instigated by their oil gulping  foreign friends, to invade military arm dumps, taking them over within hours and starting a very active insurrection and intelligent people want the state leader to sit hand akimbo and do nothing because they are civilians. . Do you really think that it is possible for ordinary civilains to put up the kind of fight we are seeing in places like MISRATA? CORDONED OFF FOR MONTHS, THEY ARE STILL BEATING A WELL ORGANIZED ARMY WITH TANKS AND never RUNNING OUT OF AMMO. .Think about that for a sec . Maybe the western media brain-washing machine is so effective that my people cant even beleive what their eyes tell them again? I mean we watch the events on TV, we see the pictures of the rebels with multiple rocket launchers, helicopter gunships , tanks, they even flew bombers recently. These are civilains right? So if you are a president you will keep quiet to this kind of state distruction just becase some foreigners call these people civilians? Civilians with RPGs? Which western country will tolorate that? Get serious,
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by komekn(m): 2:22am On May 03, 2011
Blazing 99, every nation has the right to choose, you are absolutely right. However your analogy using Saudi Arabia, Syria, Yemen, Tunisia, Iran, and Bahrain in fact essentially the whole Islamic Arab nation never did get the privilege to choose their leaders they were imposed, selected and not elected. Add to this your example of North Korea and your proposition with respect just doesn’t cut it, all these governments are imposed and violently sustained through the shedding of blood.

Cap28, what’s your obsession with America no country is a saint but the depth of your hatred is beyond me, your analysis is warped in the extreme and in my opinion dangerously misguided. We are not talking about US intervention but a United Nations resolution (1973) intervention as it concerns double standards this is not in dispute but this does not pre-empt the immense good, relief and thousands of Libyan civilian lives saved by this UN resolution action. Bahrain, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Syria did not have the same wholesale brazen slaughter of its people comparative to Libya, I mean for goodness sake Gaddafi was using attack helicopters to shoot at his own civilian protestors within the first few days of the protest. What were the casualty figures day by day? Libyans had one option fight or die, these observations are not in dispute they are well documented.

NATO is not controlled by the USA what planet are you on, without the collective and individual effort of NATO we were minutes away from a complete blood bath in Benghazi. Gadaffi will and should be tried for war crimes this guy was butchering his people like sardines because he wants to stay in power.

Finally NATO and the USA are there because our African leaders failed woefully to call this despot to order why because a number of them receive huge amounts of aid from him such as Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad, Rwanda, Uganda to name just a few and aid always comes with strings attached. I would consider it highly likely that Libyan money has filtered through to our own political groups particularly those that emanate from the North. It is widely reported that Gaddafi has been sponsoring international terrorism for decades IRA, Lockerbie, UTA flight 772 again to name but a few.

Finally GEJ has failed woefully, our foreign policy lacks vision and coherence, we should be taking a lead role Nigerians have the highest population of sub Saharan African immigrants in Libya. Nigerians have been forcefully conscripted into the Libyan army, used as human shields and are stranded possibly in their thousands in Misrata and in other Libyan towns. In my opinion a direct assault on our integrity as a nation we should have sent our soldiers to rescue our citizens as well as the other unfortunate black Africans stranded their and being cut down day by day by Libyan shells. Do you think if their were just 100 US citizens in Libya you would not have US marines rescuing their citizens. I cry for our people forgotten and abandoned by their own government I see them on TV every day for all I know they could be my distant cousins. I wonder how many Nigerians have been killed in Libya.

P.S.
owobokiri, It seems that you have limited access to the international news media but i will refer you to Al-Jazeera, Press TV, RT and CCTV to name just a few. And if you still hold unto your views my response to you is not printable, NUFF SAID.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by owobokiri(m): 2:37am On May 03, 2011
Aljazeera is a personal property of the Qatari king who is selling oil for the rebels. The king of Qatar overthrew his dad while the man was on a foreign trip and kept him in exile for years. That is not the kind of resume you want from a man telling another leader to jettison power.  Both the Saudi King and the Qatari king and many Arabian leaders who have joined the NATO invaders hate Gadaffi for obvious reasons. They are not impartial on this case.  Aljazeera as a news media earned some respects after their Iraq coverage and that seem to give them a lot of pass in so many other places where they have failed including Libya. For instance Aljazeera will never tell you that MAJORITY of the Libyan people support their leader but even the NATO leadrship is aware of this. No! I have a healthy access to the information I NEED. It is just that unlike you, i take the time to check the source. If you really think that the war in Libya has anything to do with freedom for Libyans, then you are the one that needs to get a grip. Which countries will bring freedom to Libya? Saudi? Qatar? UAE? Do you know that in Libya there are more women graduating from the universities than men? In Saudi, women dont even drive! So where does Saudi and her coalition friends start to teach Libya how to free people? Ah begi,
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Nobody: 3:08am On May 03, 2011
The act is illegal and I felt so bad for the innocent grand-kids. This whole nonsense got to stop US, UN and NATO really need stop. And Its time the US mind em business and stop selfish act of indirect mass killing.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by igboboy1(m): 4:25am On May 03, 2011
less jihadist in this world the better tongue maybe next might be seanet0 and zamfaras govt grin
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by thoth: 4:47am On May 03, 2011
For many nigerian to agree with US and NATO interventionism into african affairs, and for many Nigerians to simply don't see through the Imperialistic manipulations of our Media and implications of such set ups is very disturbing, i am really worried about the ignorance in africa, and people like Cap" will always feel sad whenever he tries to enlightend such ignorant people.
The CIA has created the "Boko Haram" they have trained and supplied bombs and target, they were setting up the foundations for the next conflict, and they will be ready to interven soon.
Gaddafi has been a examplary leader in africa, it is a pity that being as uninformed as the africans are, or mis-informed as Africans are, the likes of Qaddafi can be easily be meddled with and we stand and cheer.
I kept asking myself who will be the next, which leader that wants to free its people from the yolk of western imperialism will be the next Demon to be torn down, while the stupid Africans watch and cheer. African freedom is a very long way ahead.
Jonathan the current nigerian president went to US to meet obama before the election, to get his support, is that what a leader should do ?, does that show we are a sovereign state ? or are we being sold off again by somebody that wants a share of the cake and just promised his master to do anything he bids if he would be granted a space at the table ? Does US support come for free or are there ties to it ?

Many people will never ask this question, we are already consumed by western mindset to our own peril, people like Mandingo who would rather be American than African and who despises anything of his own brethren is the people we should watch out for.
Divide and conquer is the rule here, we sit and cheer while one goes down, and we sit and cheer while another goes down. and they sit and cheer while we go down. Africa is being played my pawns but just like Cap said someday , just somday it will all come to an end.
At the moment the ignorant of my own people worries me the most.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Stkilda(m): 5:22am On May 03, 2011
I am not surprised that you feel the way you do about the Libya and the Gaddafis. It is the humanity in you that is crying out. I am sure that your heart is at the right place. However, I think that your empathy towards them may have been misplaced. Your feeling of brotherhood is definitely not reciprocal. Like other Arabs, they do not see you as their brother. They see you as a low life “Black African”. Gaddafi has demonstrated that over the years by executing Black Africans without reasonable justification and by catching and locking them away for years in desert prisons simply for trying to travel to Europe through Libya. His reaction when Obama became the US president, “The slaves are now ruling the slave masters”. As far as he is concerned Obama is nothing more than a “Black slave”.
As to whether the US is right to intervene in Libya, I say, “yes, they are”. It is their absolute right, as a nation, to pick and choose which conflicts to get involved in and for whatever reasons. I wish that they had chosen to intervene in the Nigerian civil war. I am sure that millions of lives would have been saved and it wouldn’t have mattered if in the end they helped themselves to some of the oil.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by MandingoII(m): 5:47am On May 03, 2011
  When was the last time you posted a comment on NL which had anything POSITIVE to say about african people? let me guess - NEVER?? [/b]so why then do you feel you have the right to get angry about me speaking negatively about america??  A country that has mentally abused you to the point that you are so screwed up that you hate everything that reminds you of your origin     

Here you go, you mustya/s/s NEGATIVE trash.  I'd suggest you do a more thorough search.

Of course, I engage in S/h/i/t talk.  Largely in retaliation to the COMPLETE IGNORANCE that comes out of Africans mouths.

And AGAIN

[b]I am a BLACK AMERICAN.

born and raised in the Struggle of Black Americans

I an not African.  I'd suggest you click my link on the bottom of this post.

WE ARE CULTURALLY DIFFERENT.

Black Americans do not ADOPT African ideologies or cultural practices. Besides, you should know this being an illegal immigrant in the U.K.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-595647.0.html

The Underwear Bomber Is A Hoax!
« on: January 30, 2011, 10:47 PM »

Why did they do that to that kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu5l7a7dgP4

Respected lawyer and community leader, Kurt Haskell, has nothing to gain from pointing his finger at the federal government. He witnessed the underwear bomber, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, being whisked past security and led onto NorthWest Airlines flight 253, by a well-dressed man with an American accent- all without the passenger's proper visa and passport documentation. What the news piece doesn't mention is that the State Dept did indeed put Mutallab on the plane, at the behest of "an unnamed US intelligence agency." Undersecretary Patrick F. Kennedy (Detroit news article was removed from web!).

This is why we are being groped, molested, and body scanned at the airport by the TSA! Because the government claims the underwear bomber is a real threat! Stand up America- the politicians say our rhetoric is dangerous. Maybe the government itself is terribly dangerous,
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by neyostica: 7:00am On May 03, 2011
I feel sad 4 d young ones bt i tink Gadaffi deserved every ounce of it, dis guy is a tyrant. For d interventn in libya, it has a legal backin n internatn support, d Arab league supportd d no fly zone resolutn b4 it was passd by d UN, and 4 u america haters, it was france dat dropped d 1st bomb in lybia b4 usa tuk ova d command n den to NATO. Gadaffi is a tyrant, dictator, lunatic, delusional, denial leader, 4 Godsake on d nite d resolutn was passd, dis guy gave a speech on libya radio dat dey were comin on benghazi dat nite n it was goin 2 be a massacre, i wish NATO can av a covert operatn 2 kill him so dat dis unrest n d killin of innocend n defenseless civilians can stop.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 7:06am On May 03, 2011
The craziest thing still is nobody knows why these people are fighting. I mean the media tells you this the government tells you that but still nothing adds up. I know its getting cliche but I agree with what cap28 is saying, its normal to feel angry when innocent people are dying at the hand of 'superbullies' just becuae they can.
Anyway i did a little research and the bottom line remains, libya is a good country to live- i dont know many libyans. Education and healthcare is free, there economy is relatively stable and you can own a house for as little as 400 dollars, Nigeria isnt half as great as that yet the people recycle thier useless presidents! So the question remains- if libya has truly been unbearable why fight now?? Theres definitely a connection btn these events and obama questionable killing of 'osama'. Im guessing these leaders probably personally knew osama and will have known better than the trash obama gave on tv.
The wars were probably a way of occupying them so they can claim to have magically ini mini moed osama out of a jungle (or whatever he said) without any question from these (libya,tunisia,egypt) leaders,
Its always important to think for yourself, dont let the media think for you,
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by thoth: 7:11am On May 03, 2011
Stkilda:

I am not surprised that you feel the way you do about the Libya and the Gaddafis. It is the humanity in you that is crying out. I am sure that your heart is at the right place. However, I think that your empathy towards them may have been misplaced. Your feeling of brotherhood is definitely not reciprocal.  Like other Arabs, they do not see you as their brother. They see you as a low life “Black African”. Gaddafi has demonstrated that over the years by executing Black Africans without reasonable justification and by catching and locking them away for years in desert prisons simply for trying to travel to Europe through Libya. His reaction when Obama became the US president, “The slaves are now ruling the slave masters”. As far as he is concerned Obama is nothing more than a “Black slave”.  
As to whether the US is right to intervene in Libya, I say, “yes, they are”. It is their absolute right, as a nation, to pick and choose which conflicts to get involved in and for whatever reasons. I wish that they had chosen to intervene in the Nigerian civil war. I am sure that millions of lives would have been saved and it wouldn’t have mattered if in the end they helped themselves to some of the oil.

You can see from your own comment the problem with African, what has been destroyed in Africa is the African intelligence, and with that we lost all.
If we have the intelligence to see how things work maybe we can prosper, I can understand why you feel such way towards the Arabs and the way they treat blacks, but an intelligent African man would not justify such actions taken so far by NATO and US, if not it being plainly wrong then at least for the interest of the Black African struggle. Don't we understand that if we allow them to do it to Libya they will do it to us tomorrow ?
Don't we see that Qaddafi has never been the target, that the target has always been the Libyan people and their resources, and fomenting ways to get their puppet into office to exploit those people ?
Can't we see that because Qaddafi treats blacks so bad does not warrant allowing our rights to be trampled by allowing NATO to invade a nation without any consent from African leaders, Libya is an African nation my people not an Arab nation
will we allow such thing to happen to us ?

You wish the intervened in the Nigerian civil war, Well they did, in fact they caused the war, they planned it and executed it and made sure it went the way it did. I know many people does not have the information, of what really went on before and after the war, and how the British Manipulated the Nigerian generals to lead them to war. The Brits and others supplied arms non-stop to the Federal troops and introduce the blockage which killed millions of Biafran Children and women. It is more disturbing that we are fed doctored  history in Nigeria and most are not taught history at all.
Nigeria was better off than most of the these nations after independence, even better than US and Britain, our economy was booming and we still have many avenues to grow, our currency was far more stronger and stable than theirs(Britain,US,France,Germany etc) and we had mineral resources to back it up.
The pioneers of those days just being freed from colonization has a subtle hidden hatred for the west and was trying by all means to prevent any kind of domination and imperialistic exploits from them.
The west cannot allow such thing, it threatens their existence, it threatens all they have established as black people being backward and their reasons for interfering in African affairs, imagine a free African nation, where it government uses its resources for its people, Nigerian has surplus skilled and unskilled labour,stable economy, and was speedily INDUSTRIALIZING,with the needed natural resources to back it up. They can't allow such a nation to exist, we would take over their exports to African and in fact dominate their interest. their answer to that was the coup, the patriots staged a counter coup, and they manipulated it from the tribal lines which eventually led to war.
but enough of the history lesson, i have worked with French intelligence documents and shared intelligence documents from the MI5.
African should work more with intelligence , the way we do things does not work. we are dealing with heartless people.

To Mandingo, i was concerned that was why i registered and contributed my ideas. I have nothing to say to you i am more concerned about people that are willing to enlighten themselves and come together and face our common enemy.

Mind you i don't live in the UK, i am a Canadian citizen by birth, a French citizen by lineage(Mother), and a fully naturalized citizen of Russia.

I have helped literally Hundreds of Nigerians both in Canada and France to find their bearings and even though i might not be fluent in my mother tongue or know name of all the Sweet soups we have, i love my people to the heart and i will always fight for them wherever i can.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by thoth: 7:26am On May 03, 2011
queensmith:

The craziest thing still is nobody knows why these people are fighting. I mean the media tells you this the government tells you that but still nothing adds up. I know its getting cliche but I agree with what cap28 is saying, its normal to feel angry when innocent people are dying at the hand of 'superbullies' just becuae they can.
Anyway i did a little research and the bottom line remains, libya is a good country to live- i dont know many libyans. Education and healthcare is free, there economy is relatively stable and you can own a house for as little as 400 dollars, Nigeria isnt half as great as that yet the people recycle thier useless presidents! So the question remains- if libya has truly been unbearable why fight now?? Theres definitely a connection btn these events and obama questionable killing of 'osama'. Im guessing these leaders probably personally knew osama and will have known better than the trash obama gave on tv.
The wars were probably a way of occupying them so they can claim to have magically ini mini moed osama out of a jungle (or whatever he said) without any question from these (libya,tunisia,egypt) leaders,
Its always important to think for yourself, dont let the media think for you,

It has been widely known within international intelligence organizations that US is losing to the Afghans not on conquered lands as one may think, but the effects of the prolonged war on the Minds of Americans,the US economy, and the US relationship with other supposedly neutral nations, within the last two months there has been active moves made to find a kind of "closure" for the war, something that can be used as the END or the Objective which has been achieved so that they can withdrew gracefully or at least fix a date of withdrawal( not necessarily guaranteeing withdrawal) to remove the pressure on the government and buy more time to continue running the war machine, and at the moment announcing Osama's death is a good bait. whether it is really Osama or not(since they are the ones to do the verification and this spooky act of burying his body at sea) does not matter, what matter is the response from the ignorant public. the new straw man will be created, whether it is his second in command or a scare announcement that Al Qaeda was to take over the Government we will still see.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by IfunanyaCHI: 7:56am On May 03, 2011
@ cap28. its very obvious that you are not informed at all about the happenings so far in Libya and your comments are just mere sentimental rubbish. from all indications you will observe that US does not even want to intervene in the situation until recently. must we throw all our blames to US always just because they intervene on issues concerning their allies. HABA my friend, where were you when GADDAFI was killing his own people, where were you during the post conflict elections in Nigeria an Elections that even the international community adjudged to be free and fair, where were you during the Somali, Liberia, Senegal crisis. the problem here is not US Government, the problem is the sit-down syndrome of African Leaders, who put their selfish interest first against their citizens, who think that Government is their personal business, if i were you, i will just keep calm and stop throwing fire and brimstone to a person who has nothing to do with the misfortune going on in African Countries and also my friend, you mustn't be abusive in expressing yourself to the public, it doesn't show a sense of maturity.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by IfunanyaCHI: 8:12am On May 03, 2011
please for the sake of national peace and cohesion, CIA did not create BOKO HARAM. that information anyway is not for public consumption so i will not go into it. what is wrong with all of us?. can't we just concentrate on the issues of the day and stop dancing around the bush. i thank you all for your concern towards the African Nations but lets have one thing in mind, Africans have a problem until we get to the roots of all these problem and proffer solutions to them, then people like Mubarak, Gaddafi and late Sani Abacha will crop up more. mind you, i never said they were not great leaders, YES THEY WERE, but there was a but in their ruling. the people's voice is the gods voice, when your people no longer accept your ruling, give them another chance to pick who they want. we are all entitled to our opinions but lets try not to instigate more anger in people. lets preach for peace, lets encourage one another in love, lets help build our nations and not to destroy. thanks
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by rhymz(m): 8:23am On May 03, 2011
While I may not support cap24's malevolence on the United States, I agree with most of what he is saying with regards to NATO's involvement in Libya. Even amongst the 28-member alliance, there is a serious disagreement as to the kind of military operation NATO was to undertake on Libya. While it was said that NATO's military operation was to ensure that Col Ghaddafi respects the no-fly zone, making an assasination attempt on Ghaddafi's life and killing his son and three grand childrien was not in the purview of the UN certified military action.
That Gaddafi will at some point give it up is an unavoidable fact he will have to face but dropping bombs on him to eliminate him is an error that will only swing undeserved sympathy to the man and re-enforce the belief that the western powers want Gaddafi out only to mount a puppet that will do their bid and ensure uncontrolled access to to their oil wealth as is the case in Iraq today. That the western media is trying to paint Gadaffi as a Devil that is killing his own people is nothing new, they like to tell one side of the story especially when it favours their own cause.
Gadaffi may have been the longest president but his leadership achievement to an average Libyan is not in question. Different forces including the western powers want Gadaffi out for different reasons not neccessarily because they want democracy.However, the problem with the opposition is there is no consensus on how the libyan people should be led after Gaddafi leaves government, the only binding force amongst the various oppositions is the wish to see Gaddafi leave the government. That is why western powers must thread with utmost care and sensitivity not to escalate the problems as the issue at stake is an internal conflict that will not end by merely getting rid of Gaddafi else this will be another issue of Iraq. At some point the thesame people will resent them for worsening their problems, the U.S now knows better than to rush and single handedly shell a sovereign state and think that will solve the problems, how Gadaffo leaves government is very vital to the stability of libya because unlike what they(western media and intelligence) will like us to believe, Gaddafi is still very popular and liked by at least half the population of Libya.
People must learn to form and base their opinions beyond the deliberate propaganda that is peddled by mainstream western media.
It must be noted that the pro-democracy movements that started in Tunisia and spread to Egypt is very different from the opposition movement in Lybia today.
While the western media conveniently like to use terminologies like pro-democracy demonstrators or non-violent demonstrators to give the false impression of the kind of movements that have overthrown the regimes of Mubarak and Ali in Egypt and Tunisia, they fail to identify the extremely diverse make-up of the rebels fighting against Gaddafi's government.
While some may be calling for democracy in Libya, others want something entirely different-from momarchy loyalists who want a return of the monarchy system of government to the islam fundamentalists that want a state governed by the dictates of the Koran and sharia- all these ppl make up the opposition.Unlike the demonstrations in Tripoli which was inspired by the democratic movement that had hit Tunisia and Egypt, which was comprised of students, professionals and intellectuals waving the Libyan green flag and protesting and calling for a democratic government and an end to Gaddafi's regime, the one that ensued in the Benghazi was anything but a peaceful protest.
Immediately following the first day of protests in the capital city of Tripoli the government clamped down hard and things seemed quiet for about a week in early February. By the middle of February protests sprung up outside of the capital, primarily in the second largest city of Benghazi, which has since been the focus area of the corporate media. The protests in Benghazi differed from the earlier non-violent protests that occurred in Tripoli. The Benghazi protests included the attacking of government institutions. The burning of government buildings quickly distinguished these protests from what was happening in other parts of North African and the Middle East. The news media continued to call the protestors “non-violent” and “pro- democratic,” even as the protestors themselves acted contrary to those descriptions. The terminology is important, as it is used strategically to form public opinion.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by thoth: 8:50am On May 03, 2011
IfunanyaCHI:

please for the sake of national peace and cohesion, CIA did not create BOKO HARAM. that information anyway is not for public consumption so i will not go into it. what is wrong with all of us?. can't we just concentrate on the issues of the day and stop dancing around the bush. i thank you all for your concern towards the African Nations but lets have one thing in mind, Africans have a problem until we get to the roots of all these problem and proffer solutions to them, then people like Mubarak, Gaddafi and late Sani Abacha will crop up more. mind you, i never said they were not great leaders, YES THEY WERE, but there was a but in their ruling. the people's voice is the gods voice, when your people no longer accept your ruling, give them another chance to pick who they want. we are all entitled to our opinions but lets try not to instigate more anger in people. lets preach for peace, lets encourage one another in love, lets help build our nations and not to destroy. thanks

What do you know about Social Engineering ?
How does the Media affect peoples perception and interpretation of the events around them ?
How has the Media been used to "Form Opinions" among the masses ?
Gaddafi and Mubarak are never the same kind of leaders, it goes on to show uninformed you were about the later, the later cared about his people and the former does not give a hoot.

I believe that peoples voice are the voice of God(we might have different interpretation here) but what a situation where the masses are ignorant, and the enemies are using that ignorance to indirectly attack the leaders who wants the best for the people. just as was the case of China,Uganda and Libya.

You should know that the media has lied to you,The Nigerian Media does not take coverage of the events rather they take order on what to print and how to print it from the CIA liaison chiefs in Lagos, Abuja and most recently Maiduguri. Gadaffi did not kill his people, their was a mild demonstration which was called off and then later the Al Qaeda linked NLP with the assistance of the MI5 staged a fully wages terror on Benghazi and commandeered the whole city. the first efforts of the police to contain them were met with arms and that was what warranted the use of the military against them because it was from the onset a war against the government of the nation with arms and all that. we had our boys on the ground collecting intelligence from the onset and dissecting that with the what the media feeds the masses we can simply extrapolate the intention of the Imperialist .
The west will always create demons to further their aim and that does not worry me, what worries me is the ease by which good intentioned people like you buy their actions.

I will try and get the actual reports and dissect it and post it here so that people can read.

Boko Haram was created by the CIA and don't ever say it was not if you have not done any investigation into that. what was the aim ? i will give the excerpt from the ARIS report last month

[b]"By the time all factors will are set, the southern Yorubas will be angry at the North, the south-western igbos will feel threatened and oppressed and the Northern states will be in confusion on who is doing what and for what reason. The south and the south-east will see Islamism as an extremist organization and will be in the position to readily accept any help,idea or aid without giving second thought to help fight the "Terrorists" in the nation.
Who will the terrorist be ? Muslims and the northerners has held a symbol of all that is Islam in Nigeria .So we have a national divide which is fought on a guise of religion extremists but which the controller(imperialist) can successfully fuel and manipulate with tribal sentiments and extremisms.
The Media on such occasion will serve as the psychological machine which reports on religion differences, the true strings that would be pushed meanwhile is the tribal. The same Controllers(imperialists) will supply arms to both side to ensure sustainability of the war and gaining a foothold in the aftermath.
A subtle form of Psychological domination it forms the foundation for justifying the reasons why the actions or precaution which the CIA will later suggest to the key players in such theatres to be valid,in other words, they set up the factors in such a way that the players that they have chosen to use will see reasons with them."[/b]
only the words in parenthesis are mine.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by owobokiri(m): 9:05am On May 03, 2011
How can somebody look us straight in the eyes and say the USA is not involved drirectly in Libya untill recently while accusing others of not being well informed? What is going on here?  Who runs NATO? Who lobbed in hundreds of cruise missiles that destroyed Gadaffis air defences within the first hours of the conflict? Whose predator drones are attacking and bombing as we speak? Who provides the AWAC and refuelling planes for the french and others even before the UN  resolutions? Who sent aircraft carriers and submarines just hours after the protests began?? France could  not have done anything in Libya if the US didnt step in. Infact one of the closely guarded secrets of this bombing campaign is the fact that a french war plane was shot down in Benghazi by Gadaffi soldires a night or so before the UN resolution when Sarkozy tried to flex his tiny muscles without the NATO and USA. Obama and the USA have been leading these attacks from day one. The idea of stepping back after a week or so was simply for the consumption of the American public a bit tired of the endless wars while the economy crumbled. NATO and the Americans have no good record of stimulating any kind of stable government in any Arab or African developing state. Take a look at Iraq. Over 1 million killed and the infastructures in tatters, worse than even  when Sadamm was there. The problem in Libya has little  to do with Gadaffis long stay in power. The problem in Libya begins and ends with her massive oil wealth which is driving a lot of western governments crazy  and they will kill and kill and kill to get their hands on it while Africans applaud , their turn around the corner to be killed for phoney "freedom".
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by obailala(m): 9:10am On May 03, 2011
This war indeed has nothing to do with Ghaddafi's regime, it's all about oil and power. All those swallowing the stories they hear from the western media should watch and get the other sides of the story which is not being reported.

[flash=350,250]http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/hDt92tR2YnA?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

[flash=350,250]http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0fUxVgxj0vc?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Reference(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2011
I don't exactly know what people want. The west is to blame for everything. They intervene - problem, they don't - problem. They sat back in Rwanda and over a million died, NGO's were up in arms calling the US names. They tried in Somalia (another non oil state) and failed and they were called names. They held back in Sudan (with vast oil resources) and are accused of doing nothing to prevent wide spread human rights violation and genocide. Meanwhile the International arrest warrant for big Omar they did not back and the NGO's are again up in arms. Where is the AU in all this. The French stopped the rot by military force in Cote D'Ivorie within full view of the toothless AU and were hailed. They try to do the same in Libya through NATO and are railed. The US bombs the hell out of Iraq, toppled a murderous tyrant and are abused pillar to post. They cease intervention in the middle east, ignore every dictator from Yemen to Syria and are once again abused for double standards. Exactly what do you want the US and the West to do in the face of an AU and Arab league that cannot keep their houses. For our information NATO is the product of the second world war first as an alliance to prevent any member nation from rising against one another and ala. Hitler and to counter the weight of the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union became the monster it was because of Hitler's attack on them. The US was called into the European theatre in 1942 (there about) by western Europe as an unwilling ally. They had their war in the pacific but sacrificed to see Europe free. The democracy and freedoms in europe today owes a lot to the US. That is why as the only country left standing after the war (with a functional industrial complex, stable economy and capable military) they were asked to lead NATO - it was a resource thing the way say Nigeria was asked to lead ECOMOG - a resource thing.

Look let us be careful the way we criticize. The US has made many mistakes and we all agree to that but on balance they have been an overwhelming force for good since the forties. If we can only imagine what the world would have been with a successful Hitler, Mussolini, Hirohito, Pul Phut, Manuel Noriega Sadaam Hussein and the list is endless then you for one will certainly not have the internet and Ghaddafi will probably be rearing sheep under the rule of MUssolini's grandson.

Now the US is in terminal decline I hope China will be a better option (we have not seen trouble yet) and as their economy contracts and they cut back on interventions and aid worldwide let us see what our much beloved dictators will do for us and our grand children to come. Even mosquitoes, polio and HIV will rejoice at that.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by OWOLAYEMO: 9:37am On May 03, 2011
I feel for the son/grandson but the truth it these people are part and parcel of the regime. It is hard to seperate the two! RIP
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by fyomer: 9:40am On May 03, 2011
@ cap28 ,i blame Gadaffi for the death of his children,his people want him to step down even if he is the world best president,(he is no more human than the other  three(EGYPT,TUNISIA AND COTE D VO)but instead his option A B C is to live and die in Libya.see what stuborness and pride has cost him!.I know you  are silently watching Syria stiring up,pls suggest what should be done before NATO
intervanes , MIND YOU NATO,HAS PLEADED AND WARNED BEFORE CARRYING OUT ACTION.YOUR SUGGESTION ON SYRIA IS WELCOME ON NL.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by ufumes(m): 9:42am On May 03, 2011
Son and Grandsons suffering for the sins of their father.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by IfunanyaCHI: 9:51am On May 03, 2011
Good people, my mindset and understanding to issues can never be same with us. Neither am i interesting in exchanging hot blows, its indeed not necessary. All am appealing is lets try to control our emotions when addressing sensitive issues like dis to the public, it could be very instigative, causing more harm than good. We all feel the pains but instead of laying blames, i pray all these violence, shedding of innocent bloods, destruction of lives and properties will stop or atleast reduce. Be it religious supremacy, political struggle or ecomomic gains, it is never worth a drop of blood of any citizens of any country. We can go ahead and argue these issues till eternity, it will never bring the solution we all desire. I rest my case.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by MMM2(m): 9:54am On May 03, 2011
R
I
P
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by rhymz(m): 10:02am On May 03, 2011
IfunanyaCHI:

@ cap28. its very obvious that you are not informed at all about the happenings so far in Libya and your comments are just mere sentimental rubbish. from all indications you will observe that US does not even want to intervene in the situation until recently. must we throw all our blames to US always just because they intervene on issues concerning their allies. HABA my friend, where were you when GADDAFI was killing his own people, where were you during the post conflict elections in Nigeria an Elections that even the international community adjudged to be free and fair, where were you during the Somali, Liberia, Senegal crisis. the problem here is not US Government, the problem is the sit-down syndrome of African Leaders, who put their selfish interest first against their citizens, who think that Government is their personal business, if i were you, i will just keep calm and stop throwing fire and brimstone to a person who has nothing to do with the misfortune going on in African Countries and also my friend, you mustn't be abusive in expressing yourself to the public, it doesn't show a sense of maturity.
thot has just said exactly what I was trying to say to people like you with a good heart to feel for the innocent people dying in the cross fire between Libya and the opposition forces but with a deep misunderstanding of the morally bankrupt politics at play in the game.
The opposition in Benghazi was a full scale war against the government, you can't be protesting with serious arms, missiles and other assault weapons and expect the government to listen to you, that right there was a full scale war and unfortunately, Gaddafi responded with brutal force until they had to cry for help.
Of course, I as well want Gaddafi to go but I dont think it is in the hands of a few western power to decide that; the west has no moral standing to take the lead to that effect.
Any military decision to protect the innocent people of Libya caught up in the cross-fire must have the involvement of the right faces, forces from the Arab league and AU should be seen to lead the pack with support from the western powers. The fact that Turkey(which has the largest Army after the U.S amongst the NATO member alliance) vehemently disagrees with france over the use of military action against Gaddafi removes any credibility that NATO was going to Libya to protect innocent people and not to serve the interests of the member countries France(which is in the forefront of this military mission) the U.S and the UK who have led the NATO military air strikes.
It is even contradictory for the western powers to argue that NATO's involvement in Libya is to protect civilians when back in London, Washington and Brussels their leaders openly trumpet regime change in a sovereign state in another region.
How is dropping bombs on said targets a means to ensure protection of civilians, there is no such thing as smart bombs eventually those bombs will find their way to killing the innocent civilians they claim to be protecting.
What is going on in Libya today is a civil war that has some tribal sentiments to it as well. When it was announced that some of Gaddafi's generals and supporters had betrayed and left him, he came out and vowed that he would ensure that there were no defections again, he did this by trusted tribes men and loyalist in key military position and of course increased their pay too. While it is often ignored in the mainstream media, Gaddafi is very popular in his part of the country and the opposition mainly the rebels are from the other part.
It will be difficult for the west to convince the people of Libya, especially the ones on his part of the country that they do not have other ulterior motives besides their claim of protecting them, these same powers hitherto have had strong economic, political and social ties with the regime of Gaddafi now want to remove Gaddafi in the guise of protecting them. Of course they will at some point ask if they can be trusted.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Blazing99: 10:14am On May 03, 2011
Guys cant we open our eyes to see the hypocrisy of the WEST?

1. They declared a No-fly Zone in Libya under the UN resolution of 1973

2. They breached the No-fly zone by bombing Libya's military facilities

3. They sent delegations to the rebels and welcomed their delegates to their nations

4. They begun trading [size=15pt]OIL[/size] for weapons with the rebels

5. They delivered arms to the rebels

6. They sent their military officers to train rebels

7. Ground troops are being prepared for possible Libyan Invasion.

8. Begun boming civillian residences of which Ghadaffi's children and grandchildren were victims.

I cant believe we Nigerians see an African nation about to be invaded and all we can say is beat to the tune of the West and their biased regional union called NATO? Colonial mentality, still very imminent in the 21st century.

Nice Analysis Komekhn though I dont dig all your opinions.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cardoso111(m): 10:55am On May 03, 2011
It is a shame for Africa,AU in essence to encourage this kind of killing.Why is Lybia singled out?Egypt,Tunisioa,Morocco,Yemen all experienced this turmoil.The question is why is Lybia case different?Oil. The USA under the guise of NATO called UK na France to side them to take over Lybia!
While we all know that Gaddafy has overstayed ,should wiping out be the next thing to do.Let AU stand up or sit up to their duty of watching over Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / Court Jails Guatemalan Ex-President Otto Perez & His VP Roxana Baldetti / Czech President Impeached For State Pardon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.