Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,027 members, 7,852,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:44 PM

Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (57075 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by seankim(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2021
angry

13 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Emu4life(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

We wey dey print HIV letter put for table, make babe wey we wan dump see am......... grin

Nah she go take her leg waka............ smiley
Jesuuucheesycheesygrin

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2021
Hmmm don't even know my status.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by ghettochild(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2021
Kewtt:
Share your experiences..... Have you ever been motivated enough to engage in sexual activities with a known HIV positive person? Or you did not know until it was too late?
Come to SA there are so many with the virus n a 0% transmission rate..
U can dive in as much as u like..
HIV isn't a deadly disease ooo

6 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by hatedisplace: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2021
Saltybear:

Are you hiv positive?
Stupid question to ask. Na only woman dey cheap HIV? Your family member fit get am but Dem no go tell you because dey know your reaction.

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2021
Toks2008:

Low viral load yes but the problem is the occasional spike in the load due to several factors

It is because of the unexpected spike that makes it entirely dangerous to sleep with a positive person except you use protection.
A person taking his or her drugs consistently will not have any occasional spike.....and do you know the status of your partner or you rely on what she tells you ..

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Rekeb: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2021
If the persons are not your wife or husband and you are sleeping with them, always assume they are HIV positive. So, insist on the use of condom.

9 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by CSTRR: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2021
prince3009:
Yes!

She was a corper with a sweet banging physique and we were shagging raw. I noticed she usually takes some pills every night by 11pm. She sets her phone alarm for it.

She eventually opened up that the pills were ARVs. But she is undetectable.

It didn't stop me from shagging. Only ignorant people who don't know how HIV and ARVs work would have run away.

That was like 4 years ago...I ran a test 6 months after she finished her NYSC and relocated and till now, I am still negative.
You have bigger balls than me.

I would have slept on the floor all through the night.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by SenecaTheYonger: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2021
seankim:
Very pretty and endowed lady. She knew that I won’t shag her if she had told me. Although, She’s U=U. I saw all her reports. Prior to the time, We’ve had unprotected sex about 3 times. Some were after I couldn’t cum with condom, maybe at 3rd or 4th round.
After Sometimes, she disclosed her status to me. It was a big drama that night. We later got back after about 1month. It’s strictly protected sex, no removing of condom midway no matter what. We still enjoyed kissing though. She’s positive to HIV 2 virus only.
We met couple of times after that until she met a guy that was ready to marry her. I miss her sha.
It’s been 6 years now and we still keep in touch once in a while. Till date, I’m negative to HIV.
My encounter with her made me to stick to using condom with any random girl till I got married and and I stopped sleeping around.

Damn, that was careless of her. Someone with HIV2 is not as deadily as HIV1. But the HIV1 virus is the more common type adn if she get's both, she's a gonner, no matter the AVR she uses.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2021
Rekeb:
If the persons are not your wife or husband and you are sleeping with them, always assume they are HIV positive. So, insist on the use of condom.
And who told you condom is 100%??

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Ewedegubbler: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2021
Was engaged to one for 6 years. Has got a pretty daughter with her. Never caught it even tho we had unprotected sex with her a few times. Only broke up with her after she started sleeping around when I had financial problems.

Was never afraid of it and still not.

13 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Kewtt: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2021
Rekeb:
Condom is not 100% effective

4 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by imagrg(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2021
Use a good condom not the cheap type oh.
Don't suck..strictly doo only.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by SenecaTheYonger: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2021
Irennediva:
The future is Female shocked shocked

But how did this person survive since that time? I know there was no AVR aruodn that time.
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Lexusgs430: 10:42am On Jul 03, 2021
Emu4life:
Jesuuucheesycheesygrin

No be only dem sabi get HIV.......... grin
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Jeffy1206(m): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2021
This is one of the if not the most disease I dread more reasons I celebate for long time. And have just 1 partner at a time... My advice hold ursef and don't rush into any kpekus on your first day, go run test for both of you before engaging in premarital sex... Another advice, avoid married women and men too sad

5 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by seankim(m): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Damn, that was careless of her. Someone with HIV2 is not as deadily as HIV1. But the HIV1 virus is the more common type adn if she get's both, she's a gonner, no matter the AVR she uses.
Wow. She was insisting on getting married to a man that has only hiv2 and she met one after some time.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by kingreign(m): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2021
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

You people should stop misleading people with your half baked knowledge...I would have loved to educate you more as a medical practitioner... but I am currently busy at work so the time is not really there.....but you can read this article to educate yourself...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5055442/

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Chinnems(m): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2021
Bluntguy:

You don chop clean mouth come dey shout close shave Abi?

My word!

From where do you guys keep coming?
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 03, 2021
crazymommy:
There is something called "viral load".....when the patient have a low viral load around 20 or below then the virus becomes undetectable....it is at that point you hear some people who will go to church to say they were HIV positive before but now Angel of GOD have turned them into HIV negative.....according to the world of science...undetectable makes it difficult to transmit to others .....so undetectable is untransmittable...

I agree with you that a patient with a low viral load can't transmit the virus to someone else. However, there must be reason why you would want to do a viral load for a Hiv patient (maybe as a baseline before commencement of therapy and to assess efficacy of therapy later, etc).

An HIV patient has antibodies to HiV for life. No matter how low the viral load is, a 3rd generation test that tests for antibodies will always confirm that person to be HIV positive (no matter the viral load).

So, someone can't claim to be Hiv postive today and tomorrow he or she is giving Thanksgiving in Church that he/she no longer have the virus because if you do antibody testing for him, he will always test positive.

5 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:47am On Jul 03, 2021
Jeffy1206:
This is one of the if not the most disease I dread more reasons I celebate for long time. And have just 1 partner at a time... My advice hold ursef and don't rush into any kpekus on your first day, go run test for both of you before engaging in premarital sex... Another advice, avoid married women and men too sad
you dread it more because you are ignorant of the fact that there are more dangerous sexually transmitted disease that you need to dread more...

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2021
Meninmen:

I agree with you that a patient with a low viral load can't transmit the virus to someone else. However, there must be reason why you would want to do a viral load for a Hiv patient (maybe as a baseline before commencement of therapy and to assess efficacy of therapy later, etc).

An HIV patient has antibodies to HiV for life. No matter how low the viral load is, a 3rd generation test that tests for antibodies will always confirm that person to be HIV positive (no matter the viral load).

So, someone can't claim to be Hiv postive today and tomorrow he or she is giving Thanksgiving in Church that he/she no longer have the virus because if you do antibody testing for him, he will always test positive.
BUT THE IGNORANT ONES BELIEVE THAT ONCE THEY USE THE HIV TEST KIT TO TEST THEMSELVES AND IT CAME OUT NEGATIVE THEN THAT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THAT THEY ARE NOT POSITIVE....

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by bigcee(m): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2021
ruggedtimi:
You can actually sleep with a positive patient... If the viral load is low

1 Like

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Kewtt: 10:49am On Jul 03, 2021
Chinnems:

My word!

From where do you guys keep coming?
That's nairaland bra
Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 03, 2021
crazymommy:
Sadly we still have alot of ignorant Nigerians that needs to be educated....there are more dangerous disease than HIV that people underrated....hepatitis kills faster ,cancer kills faster,even diabetes kills...but people focus more on HIV...even malaria kills millions of people worldwide but we underrate it....

I agree with you. It's more of the stigma associated with HIV that gets people scared.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by crazymommy(f): 10:50am On Jul 03, 2021
imagrg:
Use a good condom not the cheap type oh.
Don't suck..strictly doo only.
Condom is not 100% no matter how good it is..go and ask your doctor

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by murphyibiam15(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2021
prince3009:

If we check now, I am even HIV positive with all my "carefulness" without even knowing it because people like me will run at the mention of "HIV Test".

I Keep bleating like a demented goat!
You have said it all at the emboldened that you're HIV positive, no wonder you're consoling your likes while dying a slow death in 2 years now you be dead. You're just a walking corpse

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 03, 2021
[quote author=Emu4life post=103319665]No be juju be dat Ya head geh oil. If only ladies will continue to be this smart, the level of fornication will reduce drastically and the world would receive the creator's blessings [/quote
And you dnt know that by midnight your name should have gone round the whole town that you have HIV?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Arya Permana: World Heaviest Kid Loses Over 100kg In Three Years (Photos) / Beware Of The Bad Postures And Save Yourself From Chronic Body Pain!! (pics) / Drama As Hospital Returns Patient To Husband’s Shop In Ibadan (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.