Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,365 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? - Fashion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? (38822 Views)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Why Do Black Ladies Fix Contact Lens? / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 11:34pm On May 18, 2011
^^I was doing some research on African tribes and I saw pictures of the Masai and Himba tribe. Maybe I am mistaken. [s]I think the man is from the cattle Jumping tribe[/s]  grin grin you might be right. I am going to look again I bookmarked it smiley
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 11:58pm On May 18, 2011
HIMBA

OK, it is either Maasai or Hamer Tribe. Its just that the hamer women look like men it is hard to differentiate them

OK,I found something
THE man is from the Samburu Tribe(kenya) related to Maasai but distinct.

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 12:12am On May 19, 2011
NICE cool Back to nature
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by cheikh: 1:01am On May 19, 2011
@kandiikane

Thanks wink no big deal grin The Hamer or those people dancing in a group in the picture above are found in Ethiopia and the women can be very dominant/assertive sexually, in a "tasteful" grin kind of way. If you have the time and opportunity to travel in Africa, it's mind blowing and educational. Unfortunately, our people don't travel for pleasure enough wink. Trust me, it's not expensive as most people think. Africans are truly hospitable and it's relatively safe. Thank you.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by cheikh: 1:24am On May 19, 2011
@Kandiikane

The hair style of your Gambian lady is very popular in Senegal and Gambia. The ladies are truly professional and very creative with their coiffure. With all due respect to the ladies here, the Francophone countries of West-Africa tend to be so self indulgent in their looks despite the relative poverty or rather lower disposable income wink. I find it very interesting and a sight to behold wink.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 2:52am On May 19, 2011
@cheikh, yes I know, that hairstyle is very  common there. The hairdressers there are very good with making different styles with just your real hair. smiley
And they are very proud when it comes to looks and looking high class even if they are living in poverty. Lol, the deception aye grin

BTW I was born and brought up in Africa. I have been living abroad for just a couple of years and I do go back and forth. smiley
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by fred4alabi(m): 8:45am On May 19, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Lmfao. congregation of the elebis.

are these dorks aware that when styles like Ghana weaving and other braidng styles such is done, additional hair is added as well?

Just dey yap mouth up and down. Like maintaining "natural hair" doesnt require money. Lol awon olodo. arguing about hair like ATL adodis grin

That's what you get for dating your orange seller level. I personally dont know anyone who does this. Must be the new thing for your village girls

Madam or Sir,

With due respect and regard, i apologize if i offend anyone with my opinion. though, i don't really understand you reply, but i believe you are offended. I only contributed to a thread and referring to anyone.

regards
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 10:18am On May 19, 2011
^^^^

Maybe she's guilty of all the charges? GUILTY AS CHARGED lipsrsealed
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2011
what is fred applogising for?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by armyofone(m): 2:54pm On May 19, 2011
for making mouth and disturbing real ladies tongue

you should be apologising too tongue

George_D:

what is fred applogising for?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:08pm On May 19, 2011
hmmmmm! appologise for telling the truth? na! grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 5:55am On May 21, 2011
Kandikane the lady in the picture u uploaded is nice looking but she's wearing too much makeup.Maybe if she reduces it she had even be preetier.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2011
again, natural is better.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 2:26pm On May 21, 2011
Alright tom28. .
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by SEFAGO(m): 6:56am On May 23, 2011
Lmfao. congregation of the elebis.

are these dorks aware that when styles like Ghana weaving and other braidng styles such is done, additional hair is added as well?

Just dey yap mouth up and down. Like maintaining "natural hair" doesnt require money. Lol awon olodo. arguing about hair like ATL adodis Grin

That's what you get for dating your orange seller level. I personally dont know anyone who does this. Must be the new thing for your village girls

TOH what is that rat thing on your head grin? Kai We Nigerian men don suffer no be small.

Kile le yi??
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2011
lool this is jokes
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 25, 2011
my response to the line of defense by many ladies earlier on that we should stop being hypocrites as we tend to pursue attachment and extension ladies more:

flawed thinking. It's just like provocative dressing (brea.st and bu.m exposure); we most definitely would want to screw a flirty chick if the chance presented itself and we could get away with it; but most definitely won't be wifing/marrying her as it's not the image we want of our spouse. Men are animals by nature and we're the masters of double standards.

Long live natural hair wearing/Nappy chicks!!!!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:40pm On May 26, 2011
aye, animals no doubt! wink
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by InkedNerd(f): 5:56am On May 28, 2011
trae_z:

my response to the line of defense by many ladies earlier on that we should stop being hypocrites as we tend to pursue attachment and extension ladies more:

flawed thinking. It's just like provocative dressing (brea.st and bu.m exposure); we most definitely would want to screw a flirty chick if the chance presented itself and we could get away with it; but most definitely won't be wifing/marrying her as it's not the image we want of our spouse. Men are animals by nature and we're the masters of double standards.

Long live natural hair wearing/Nappy chicks!!!!

Thank you, finally a guy here is speaking the truth.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by honeric01(m): 7:05am On May 28, 2011
^^^^

As if you didn't know this before or you wanted it spelt to you in the first place?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by OyinboDavid: 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
good evening my chear. pls can u help me with neco questions?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^She is fat, she needs to lose about 20pounds grin grin I kid oo
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by honeric01(m): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2011
^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by RSegalo: 10:50am On Jan 31, 2012
No matter how against your supposed black sisters and their weaves, It will never end. It's sad how a sect of black men who never take time to get to know their "sisters" are the first to condenm our actions as being unafrican, etc, Give us a break, it's old now. Wow, I'm going to stop before I over speak, Just get to know her, you'll be so suprised, you might get her to stop her to stop wearing a weave or you might enjoy the weave, Look past her weave, if you can't leave her alone, she is better off not having interacted with u,

Yes I'm annoyed, and now you know,
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2012
are we still on this topic?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 05, 2012
Dyt: Go n slp

grin grin

Like I said @ topic,
To each her own but im not wearing tracks or wigs....its not going down lol. I have enough hair on my head and I will rock it.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by naturalbrwn: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
N101: @ tttn726 - I don't know where in the UK you are, but I've seen more and much worse in Lagos.  I'm sure many women don't even remember what their natural hair looks like.  

But men liking "natural" look is a joke at best - this may be true for some, but there are many who will go for the Barbie doll look on a black woman over natural.  A woman with short natural hair? Must be a Lesbian.   If her hair's longer maybe she can't afford s perm or - God forbid - a weave.

I had a discussion about this recently.  In the late 60s and 70s it was all about being "Black and Proud", afros, corn rows, natural hairdos etc were all part of that - what happened?  The other person said women now proudly wear weaves because they think they've arrived and "fight" or stand for nothing.  

And you know what they say about people who stand for nothing, cool

Lesbian? Can't afford a perm? grin natural hair takes commitment and money.There are natural ladies in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria. Fact is we are just not popular. Ladies like http://naturalnigerian.com/ and http://deepbrownkinks..com/ even organize meetups to encourage the few naturals out there. Good to see support of some sorts on this thread wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) / Make-up Transformation Of A Lady With Scars On The Face / Shatu Garko Wins 2021 Miss Nigeria Pageant (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.