Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me (54113 Views)

Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) / Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by deltateam: 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:
Good evening nairalanders!

This is what happened. A friend of mine who is like a brother to me and has impacted my life positively in every way bought a new car. We work together and live in the same neighborhood so we go-to work together.

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but while trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

So when we beat the traffic and picked up the wife she was like why is the front seat vacant and my friend said... He left the seat for u... The wife was like, please its wrong, that I shouldn't have left.

I was like its your space and I felt it was the right thing to do, to join my other guy at the back before we get to you.

People was I wrong to have vacated the seat?

You're not wrong. Maybe they are being 'mild' with you. You did good.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Candycrushy(f): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Awwww
Such a gentleman
Na only 2 of ur type remain for naija
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Michaelpsych: 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
U did the right thing,even your friend knew that you did the right thing
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Moscodee1990(m): 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
You did the right thing, but at the wrong time.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by obinoral1179(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

This is what happened. A friend of mine who is like a brother to me and has impacted my life positively in every way bought a new car. We work together and live in the same neighborhood so we go-to work together.

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but while trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

So when we beat the traffic and picked up the wife she was like why is the front seat vacant and my friend said... He left the seat for u... The wife was like, please its wrong, that I shouldn't have left.

I was like its your space and I felt it was the right thing to do, to join my other guy at the back before we get to you.

You where right to vacate the sit but next time the wife won't allowed it..
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by dapadawee: 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
You just waste my data and time
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Besto(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
It's normal.

Even my mom then dey always wan vacate front for my girl.

Na me dey tell her to stay jareh.

To her she is like husband for front and wife for back dey always look akward.

So what I do I just adjust my rear view mirror to focus on madam face, come dey use eyes play with madam for back, that one go come dey blush dey form car owner for back..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Goldenfinger: 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
Well I just learnt something new, though I don't have any married friend yet.. but I will keep this in mind for the future
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by seyz91(m): 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
You did right bro you need no seeking any validation again

It was a matter of courtesy and it also shows and tells that you were well trained and come from a good family

As yoruba will say "o mo oju, o mo ara" meaning you know tge right thing to do and respond to situation as you deem fit

Kudos
Stankovic22:

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by HEAVEN4444: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2021
you did the right thing but next time use common sense. you dont vacate the seat while it is still empty because then the owner looks like he is the driver driving oga and his friend. next time vacate the seat as you pick her up
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by manee2(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2021
TimeSpaceWizard:
The naive husband might think sitting at back is sign of a car owner. grin

But you did the right thing.

Wizard indeed grin
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by toscolee(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2021
I have been cautioned 3 good times by my married friends or wives concerning this.

The wife of one of them even become a bit cold for a while.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by simplesearch: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2021
You did the right thing by not feigning too familiar.To every see finish there should always be a limit, if you don't want to breed contempt.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by idealtailor(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2021
No.
You did the right thing.
Respect to your friend, despite his love for his wife, honoured you.
Much Respect to his wife, despite the urge to sit beside her boo, honoured you.

This is one of the qualities of a good wife ����
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by gbagyiza: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
U did the right thing n thank God your friend's wife is an easy-going type if not she for embarrass you in public.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Midas01: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
What's your problem....how you turned this harmless thread into a fistfight is mind boggling.

Please try and receive sense.

Nigeria is a poor country and the honest truth is that everyone will not have a car. Even in wealthy countries not everyone has a car.

That someone depends on free rides today doesn't mean he won't have cars in future. This same op might end up doing better than his friend in future.

Pls stop looking down on people.
Nostring:
grin why d tin pepper u na? Be like u dey wait fr bustop every day fr free ride to work and back home cheesy , the most annoying part about people like u is the unnecessary chit chats, after robbing person of their free time to process ideas, u go use chochocho finish person..bros change ur way, try dey enter cab sometimes.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by okuwehcris: 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
You did the right thing, the front seat belongs to my wife and you did well to have vacated on your own. Most times I had to ask my friends to vacate the seat. You saved your friend the stress of thinking on how to ask you to leave the seat. Thumbs up for the understanding. It's better for everyone to know the right thing to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Slurity(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

She probably did not mind but believe me, she will respect you the more, and your friend will never forget that maturity you showed him, you actually show respect to your friend, his wife and yourself. They can never treat you or your wife like a shit never ever. You have done well and the reaction you got from both husband and wife is expected.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Iyanuoluwa2000: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
You have done the right thing. It is better that way. Some women do not want any other person to sit in front except them. Each time I carry my Pastor my wife will vacate the front sit and die quarrel about.
She even drives vehicles often more than myself. So, it is not a big deal to her
gasparpisciotta:
It was a matter of courtesy, respect for yourself and the lady.

You did right...!!!! Better you do that than be asked to vacate the seat.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Lilpen3758: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
delzbaba:
dem dey pity your life as permanent scrub,, grin No mind me joor, but on a real note dem fit dey discus ur situation for untop bed for night.
you dey useless grin grin
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by lanocfoods: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

Where is the caution?
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by GetMeRight: 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
9japride:
Its wrong to do that, it shows pretence. Its just African mentality and mediocrity. It could have been different if you guys weren't in motion first and she joined you guys. But as far as you guys where already in motion, no need to give way. Its when you finally reach your destination that she can then come to the front seat. Its all these yeye pretence that encourages elders in the society to messed up the system for the youths.

If it is our mentality, then it is no more a pretence. Which one because definitely it can't be the two?
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Iyanuoluwa2000: 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
You have done the right thing. It is better that way. Some women do not want any other person to sit in front except them. Each time I carry my Pastor my wife will vacate the front sit and doesn't quarrel about.
She even drives vehicles often more than myself. So, it is not a big deal to her
gasparpisciotta:

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by chris51(f): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

You were not wrong.
Your friend's wife was being polite when she asked why you vacated the seat.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by chris51(f): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
chris51:

You were not wrong.
Your friend's wife was being polite when she asked why you vacated the seat.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Iyanuoluwa2000: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
You have done the right thing. It is better that way. Some women do not want any other person to sit in front except them. Each time I carry my Pastor my wife will vacate the front sit and doesn't quarrel about.
She even drives our vehicles often more than myself. So, it is not a big deal to her
gasparpisciotta:

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by vRendoh(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
You did well! The friendship go last gòon!...they both praise Your action in their bedroom.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Terrence99: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
michael77777:
my brother hustle ooo ......make you no dey vacate front seat for a living

No be you dey beg for phone the other day? Fool
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nostring: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
Midas01:
What's your problem....how you turned this harmless thread into a fistfight is mind boggling.

Please try and receive sense.

Nigeria is a poor country and the honest truth is that everyone will not have a car. Even in wealthy countries not everyone has a car.

That someone depends on free rides today doesn't mean he won't have cars in future. This same op might end up doing better than his friend in future.

Pls stop looking down on people.
looking down on people how? Are u ok?
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by AntiWailer: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
U are not wrong don't mind her.

So the guy expect his wife to sit with a stranger at the back .
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by AlwaysMotun: 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
iT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE NI OOO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AirCar: Car That Can Fly Cleared For Takeoff But You Will Need A Pilot's License / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... / Hummer Jeep Used To Sell Beverages And Provisions In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.