Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,145 members, 7,811,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me (54119 Views)

Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) / Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by xreal: 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
It was a matter of courtesy, respect for yourself and the lady.

You did right...!!!! Better you do that than be asked to vacate the seat.

End Of Discussion.......next!
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by jclassiq(m): 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2021
Why did you vacate the seat when you haven't even seen the person you are supposed to pick up?
The right thing would have to sit tight until you see the wife, at which point you can then open the door and jokingly say something like, Iyawo come and sit here. If she comes, fine. But if she says, never mind, then you guys can just continue your journey home in peace.
On a normal day sef, you are not supposed to get down for her. You started the journey with the husband and she has no right whatever to ask you to vacate a seat for her. Even the husband won't ask you to.
But fear and inferiority complex is a real problem that should be dealt with.
Now, even your action is making you doubt yourself the more because they clearly told you you acted foolishly.
It's well bro.

3 Likes

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Blackdisciple(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:
Good evening nairalanders!

This is what happened. A friend of mine who is like a brother to me and has impacted my life positively in every way bought a new car. We work together and live in the same neighborhood so we go-to work together.

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but while trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

So when we beat the traffic and picked up the wife she was like why is the front seat vacant and my friend said... He left the seat for u... The wife was like, please its wrong, that I shouldn't have left.

I was like its your space and I felt it was the right thing to do, to join my other guy at the back before we get to you.

People was I wrong to have vacated the seat?

You did the right thing bro.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by emerged01(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
You did right thing. If it happens again do it again. It is the right thing to do.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Babaken(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Best response since this week.

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Amtrak: 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

This is what happened. A friend of mine who is like a brother to me and has impacted my life positively in every way bought a new car. We work together and live in the same neighborhood so we go-to work together.

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but while trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

So when we beat the traffic and picked up the wife she was like why is the front seat vacant and my friend said... He left the seat for u... The wife was like, please its wrong, that I shouldn't have left.

I was like its your space and I felt it was the right thing to do, to join my other guy at the back before we get to you.

You have done well my friend; exactly what our lord Jesus asked us to do.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by od501: 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

Front seat, back seat, what does it really matter? We too give emphasis to rubbish in this country.

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by babavik: 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
lichocho:
same tin don happen to me o but my guy say make I sitdon say make I no try go back sit o..even the wife no care
There are big things in small gestures you never can tell if she really cared or not, maybe she just played along
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by 27Pushing30: 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

You did the right thing and i'm surprised the guy did not approve of it... funny and weird

if the wife was going to be alone at the back its a different case.

but since a guy was also at the back t made more sense for you to join him.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Paulplayy: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Aje!!! You dey motivate me
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by suffering: 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
She didn't caution you. She only made an observation. You didn't do wrong, you made a gesture of respect for her position. She has made it known that you can remain on the front seat if there before her. Try am with your guy side chick first, she go pour you hot water.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Darkmode64: 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Lol i see a less problematic wife. If it was my sister, omo! Na that front seat be her office
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by mozona(m): 4:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
i think you did the right thing.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Poleski: 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2021
You did the right thing, it was an act of respect to them. I'm sure your friend and his wife are secretly impressed you did it.

Don't worry about it, they're fine.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Rubbiish(m): 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
rickleye:

To be honest - Everyone is at fault.
There was obviously some deep seated hatred between the wife and mother-inlaw which peaked during this incident which the husband would have known about.
My mother-in-law always seat in the back, unless I am specifically driving her somewhere without her daughter. But if for some reason, she seats in the front, it is rude to demand that she move. That is something you discuss with her husband in private.
Why I rebuke the hubby is that you leave your parents behind and cleave to your wife and you are both one. Your loyalty is to your wife - your family.
The parents of the husband are liken to the wife's parents - would she ask .....no demand that her own mother change seats. ?
@bold not in this case!
I do not care to know if there is any issue between the wife & mother in law! So long as she had the guts to order her mother in law to the back seat when she is already seated at the front makes the wife the culprit here! Such action from my wife will mark the end of our marriage! It will be more honourable for my wife to tell me to go to the back seat than for she to tell my mom. What insolence? The marriage will end that moment!
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by rickleye: 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Rubbiish:

@bold not in this case!
I do not care to know if there is any issue between the wife & mother in law! So long as she had the guts to order her mother in law to the back seat when she is already seated at the front makes the wife the culprit here! Such action from my wife will mark the end of our marriage! It will be more honourable for my wife to tell me to go to the back seat than for she to tell my mom. What insolence? The marriage will end that moment!

For her to even ask.. I mean to open her mouth and ask is one thing. To end the marriage is another.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by elisho: 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
yes you where wrong you make you friend look like a driver and you Guys are the boss for the wife do it when you get there OK sorry
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
tnerro1:
Nice, cannot be driving a car and my wife is sitting at the back, why na?

As I buy car, na wifey buy front seat, no dragging that one at all

Even if I were a man, I cannot be driving our car and my wife will take back sit. Even if I were picking her in the middle of the express.

What I'm saying in essence is, one's partner should always take priority over everybody else but I wonder why some people believe their friend should take first place over their wife.

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
FrancisDiote:
For me it was wrong. As long as the wife met you in the front seat, you should stay until you alight except the husband or wife pleaded with you to move to the back seat.

For me, when am driving whoever sits in the front first as long as you are an adult is ok

Love is respect o. There's no love without respect. Except you don't love your spouse, whoever is sitted at the front seat should respect themselves and get the Bleep off from there.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
Besto:
It's normal.

Even my mom then dey always wan vacate front for my girl.

Na me dey tell her to stay jareh.

To her she is like husband for front and wife for back dey always look akward.

So what I do I just adjust my rear view mirror to focus on madam face, come dey use eyes play with madam for back, that one go come dey blush dey form car owner for back..

Hahahaha this is so lovely. You're a good man.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Gfskw: 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by wizi4tyn: 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
How many times this post Wan enter front page naaa?
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by BobbyShmurda007: 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
My brother if you ask me, Na to buy motor Na sure pass o, make you no carry dey humble yourself anyhow ooo

Anyway 9im make me no like free Ride!
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

You did well but the couple especially the lady did better .
Like me if you kneel to greet me , I will lie down and greet you back .

It's really amazing she doesn't value that gesture compare to many ladies
Som
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Kay25(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

you are not wrong it is not your space when she is in the car
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Mydazz(m): 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
They successfully created a drama from trying to prevent one.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by munphildusky: 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
So, when did she caution you?
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by 9japride(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
EgusiShankly:

Op might not be pretentious with this act. However, I agree to the latter half of your post
[color=#006600][/color]

It's ok.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by 9japride(m): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
fof1:

This is really Rubbish and Empty Ideal for the Gutters...I have read no Post as Psycho as this Pls.
[color=#006600][/color]

Na you Sabi. I have expressed my opinion.

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by 9japride(m): 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
coputa:
Show me one area of human relationship that there's no pretence.If you want to do and say things the way they are in the society,then you will be regarded as an outcast.
Nor worry, Senior go reach you one day.
[color=#006600][/color]

We shouldn't encourage such.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Onelove508: 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
The three of you are nice people.
U deserve each other. All understanding and trouble free.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by honeybobo69: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2021
you did well; as a matte of fact, one cold bottle on me when we see...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AirCar: Car That Can Fly Cleared For Takeoff But You Will Need A Pilot's License / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... / Hummer Jeep Used To Sell Beverages And Provisions In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.