Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me (54116 Views)

Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) / Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by coputa(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:
Good evening nairalanders!

This is what happened. A friend of mine who is like a brother to me and has impacted my life positively in every way bought a new car. We work together and live in the same neighborhood so we go-to work together.

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but whiled trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

So when we beat the traffic and picked up the wife she was like why is the front seat vacant and my friend said... He left the seat for u... The wife was like, please its wrong, that I shouldn't have left.

I was like its your space and I felt it was the right thing to do, to join my other guy at the back before we get to you.

People was I wrong to have vacated the seat?
You did the right thing.She may sound polite,but she never meant it,Never underestimate the power of a woman, especially in her home
If the wife of your benefactor hates you,then you are finished.

2 Likes

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Raphaeldhero(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
9japride:
Its wrong to do that, it shows pretence. Its just African mentality and mediocrity. It could have been different if you guys weren't in motion first and she joined you guys. But as far as you guys where already in motion, no need to give way. Its when you finally reach your destination that she can then come to the front seat. Its all these yeye pretence that encourages elders in the society to messed up the system for the youths.

grin
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by maxzzo1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
I think both parties respect each other
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by VEHINTOLAR: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

This is what happened. A friend of mine who is like a brother to me and has impacted my life positively in every way bought a new car. We work together and live in the same neighborhood so we go-to work together.

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but while trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

So when we beat the traffic and picked up the wife she was like why is the front seat vacant and my friend said... He left the seat for u... The wife was like, please its wrong, that I shouldn't have left.

I was like its your space and I felt it was the right thing to do, to join my other guy at the back before we get to you.

I think you're a very sensitive person who respects himself and others. What you did was quite good and it's worthy of being emulated even by others. Trust me,your friend's wife liked what you did even though she pretended not to appreciate it. You have certainly earned yourself more respect in that lady's heart.

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by lolaben(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

It happens that I do sit in front with him always while the third guy stays at the back. So today, on our way back from work, the wife called for him to come pick her and when we got close and stuck in traffic, I decided to vacate the front seat and move to join the other guy at the back but while trying to go my friend was like guy where u dey go... I say I wan create space for Iyawo and he was like Wetin dey worry u, sit down jor but I insisted and went to the back.

You would have waited till you pick her before moving to the back
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Born2Breed(f): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

Be proud of what you did. Otherwise would have earned you a space in her black book.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Teaveapoet(f): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

You did the. right thing.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Acidosis(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
Bugatie:
Well not bad, but everything is perception, you too sitting at the back and living the front sit vacant makes it look like the man is you guys driver while you're the car owner.

Leaving the front seat for the wife when you got to the pick up point maybe could have looked or appeared better .

Wahala no come too much for this life??
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by coputa(m): 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
9japride:
Its wrong to do that, it shows pretence. Its just African mentality and mediocrity. It could have been different if you guys weren't in motion first and she joined you guys. But as far as you guys where already in motion, no need to give way. Its when you finally reach your destination that she can then come to the front seat. Its all these yeye pretence that encourages elders in the society to messed up iee system for the youths.
Show me one area of human relationship that there's no pretence.If you want to do and say things the way they are in the society,then you will be regarded as an outcast.
Nor worry, Senior go reach you one day.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by bigfather(m): 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

U did the right thing and the wife is also right. Its all about respect.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by WoundedLamb: 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2021
@Stankovic22
You did the right thing. Your friend said the right words and his wife also said the right words. It's simple courtesy/modesty. You think the couple would have been happy if you had taken the front seat? They just said what they had to say in order not to come off as arrogant. In other words, they were being respectful and considerate. You don't have a car, someone in your shoes could easily interpret any slight misstep as "rubbing it on your face". The couple knows this and that's why they had to be cautious. Next time, stay in the front and vacate the position as soon as you get to where she is. This way, you wouldn't make the hubby look like a driver on your way to her location. That's a bit awkward, lol.

I'm surprised you actually thought they really meant you were wrong. People like you quickly grab a spoon when asked to come and eat. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Reptyle(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

Neither of you was wrong. You were right for respecting yourself and vacating the front seat because for some women it is a big deal and they can embarrass you.

She is not wrong in telling you not to vacate the front seat for her next time. She was basically just letting you know she has no qualms with such deference to her status. At least now you know that you won't be embarrassed if you decide to keep the front seat next time.

For some women, it is so much of a big deal that they will take exception if their mother-in-law or even their own mother decides to take the front seat.

I have a friend whose wife kicked up a very big fight by pointedly telling her mother-in-law to vacate the front seat where she was already seated and get into the back. The mother-in-law came down and angrily decided to take a cab to the venue of the event. Husband got angry, came down, and decided not to go to the event, and "madam front seat" was left alone to drive herself to the event. This incident happened last year. But I can tell you that things are yet to return to normal in that home even today because of that singular incident.

I do not know why people make an issue of small things like where to sit in a car.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by jaxxy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

It is obviously awkward to leave a front seat vacant while people are at the back seat. I think it would have been better to get to her 1st then leave as she comes so she knows u just vacated the seat so she can seat than meeting an empty seat while 2guys are behind. It’s less awkward and more understandable.

Some simps will even tell their friends to go to the back b4 u get to pick up ordinary gfs that will dump them 2moro
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Cowbell521: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

No, the husband no suppose go pick am. All dat stress because of a gender wey fit ruin life
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by oyejideogunjumo: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

You were right.
The same woman would have taken it up against her husband at home.
Don't mind her.
She only pretended.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Kdon2: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

You are a honourable and well groomed gentleman
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by lonelydora: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

You are not wrong. Both your friend and his wife tested your "having sense" level and "gentleman-ness" and luckily you passed. That was a test, bro.

That couple will start respecting you as from that day
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

you are not wrong but but also shows your guy is a good man and more importantly that his girlfriend well is well brought up. I remember a girl my buddy was dating who asked me to vacate the front seat for her. She is now a divorced baby mama for 2 different fathers.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by MrUchenna1(m): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
you get ingredient for head. na correct friend you be
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Codes151(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
Sth that wasn't a big deal.

You come Dey ask us.

Abi you don forget data Dey cost
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by fof1: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
9japride:
Its wrong to do that, it shows pretence. Its just African mentality and mediocrity. It could have been different if you guys weren't in motion first and she joined you guys. But as far as you guys where already in motion, no need to give way. Its when you finally reach your destination that she can then come to the front seat. Its all these yeye pretence that encourages elders in the society to messed up the system for the youths.

This is really Rubbish and Empty Ideal for the Gutters...I have read no Post as Psycho as this Pls.

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Paulianfa(m): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm from ur story I saw humility at play. U are dam right to vacate the seat than being told to do so.
U are such a gentleman, u are like me, u don't take advantage. God bless ur hustling.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by lichocho(m): 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2021
babavik:
Well maybe to her it doesn't matter but believe me, you gained yourself some respect in her eyes.
same tin don happen to me o but my guy say make I sitdon say make I no try go back sit o..even the wife no care
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Alfamann: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
simp

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by fof1: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nostring:
grin why d tin pepper u na? Be like u dey wait fr bustop every day fr free ride to work and back home cheesy , the most annoying part about people like u is the unnecessary chit chats, after robbing person of their free time to process ideas, u go use chochocho finish person..bros change ur way, try dey enter cab sometimes.

You are really EMPTY and sounds Unwell inside... Loud Fellows like You are Reasons for Society's Confusion.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by Nnamaka1: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
Thats called RESPECT bro. you did very right.

It shows you respect your guy's family
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by jmoore(m): 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2021
African mentality.

Which car manual says a husband and wife must at the front?

Respect out of ignorance ain't respect. Your friend knew his wife ain't bothered about front seat.

1 Like

Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by tooblessed: 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
You did what you believe was right but that is not what they practice. So your belief in some environment might not be what they believe. So you both are RIGHT! Free your mind a take a chilled coca cola!
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by chachauche(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
It was a matter of courtesy, respect for yourself and the lady.

You did right...!!!! Better you do that than be asked to vacate the seat.
you get sense die
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by kwasoly(m): 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

Respect man!!!
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by abbeyloveall(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
Bros, u did d right thing have been embarrassed with some thing of such before by one area brother turn boss. Say any where him girl friend turn wife now want enter him car make I dey come down go sit down for back seat.
Re: I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me by mrksquare: 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
Stankovic22:

You did well bro. What you did is what every decent man will do. Don't mind that your friend. He doesn't know convention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AirCar: Car That Can Fly Cleared For Takeoff But You Will Need A Pilot's License / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... / Hummer Jeep Used To Sell Beverages And Provisions In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.