Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:32 AM

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (150861 Views)

Acca or Ican / Acca Or Ican Which Should I Go For? Pls Advice / Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Debbychi(f): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=beckycute1][/quote]
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by enet1(m): 2:42am On Oct 19, 2014
Goodmorning to you all,pls I want to do 5papers in the foundation level of ICAN next month,do you think I can pass the papers with both lectures and using past questions in my preparations.pls I need an urgent response.I will start the preparation today.I am a graduate of industrial chemistry with a strong passion and interest in mathematics.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
You don't need to spend your hard earned money to purchase BPP books anymore.
Contact us for soft Copies of the latest ACCA BPP study text and revision kits suitable for exams until June 2015. You can now order for any of the following BPP study texts and Revision kits F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, P1, P2, P3, P4, P5 and P7. All books are @ affordable price. Contact us on lanrilo@yahoo.com today, and you will be glad you did. You can also contact us for enquiries on how to register for ACCA free!!!!
We would love to include you in the list of our satisfied customers if you give us the chance.

www.ng-books..com
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by zezebabyxoxo: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
Can anyone kindly send me the study packs for F1, F2 and F3. Thanks.
oregirl4real@yahoo.com
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Olayiwola124(m): 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hello everybody

I am HND Accounting graduate and I want to register for ACCA. What stage I will start from and how much the registration will cost me. Thanks!
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by markbutcher: 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mobi47(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
victor4u

2. You also have the opportunity of
having your masters if you so desire
after completion of the whole stages of
the ACCA,all u will be required to to
write a project for the award of Masters.

Are u serious, waooo
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Josco24685(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pls, what r their benefits?
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by bloglover(m): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
deeb:
hi, am also doing ACCA, I started after my masters in finance. ACCA is really good,

it just needs dedication, but it can be done at least am doing. i am writing my last exams in december.
so if you are ready to dedicate time to it, then go for it.

Were u taking ACCA full time or Part time with a job on the side
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by bloglover(m): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
Pls I need an answer to this.
As an Accounting graduate, how long will it take me to get ACCA and how much in total including tutorial fee, training materials, exam fee, tutorial center etc
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by oduko: 9:48am On Apr 13, 2015
Kossyne:
Pls where do a graduate with B.Sc(Ed) in Accountancy and an Associate Accounting Technician(AAT) start from if he wants to enroll for ACCA?.. Which papers am I going to be exempted from if I decide to use my AATWA certification or my B.Sc.Ed.?..pls I need full details..I ve been going through ACCA website for quite sometime now. Can't seem to find useful information.

Hi,
Just visit accaglobal.com for details on all you need to know about ACCA and the oxford brookes degree. Good luck

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Mobi47(m): 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
victor4u:
ACCA is more better in respect of the recognition and worldwide acceptance and also below are also the benefit of ACCA compared to ICAN

As an ACCA student, you can:
1. Have a Bsc in Applied Accounting from oxford Brookes University after you complete the Skills level i.e part 2 of the professional stage, all you will be required is to write a project and your class of degree will be based on your performance at the ACCA exams so far and of course the project.

2. You also have the opportunity of having your masters if you so desire after completion of the whole stages of the ACCA,all u will be required to to write a project for the award of Masters.

3. As an ACCA qualified, you can automatically be an ACA holder i.e ICAN if you so desire without having to write any of the exams of ICAN

4. You have the opportunity to graduate in the U.K or your certificate sent to you via mail ( Bsc & Masters)

5. An ACA holder (ICAN) will have to write 3 - 5 courses before becoming an ACCA quailified depending on the level of exemption given.

6. ICAN is more difficult as per exams where you have to write 4 papers but ACCA is more flexible as per you can write a minimum of 1 paper and a maximum of 4 depending on your capability as per finance and study.

I am an AAT holder and presently a student of the ACCA; I also help current students and prospective student pay their fees or register on line via credit card.

Do you know that the deadline to register as a student of the ACCA is next month - August 15 and if above 21 yrs, u can register as a Matured entry student and start from the professional straight. or have an certificate in Accounting then you might be exempted feom certain papers.

Need more info or more clarification or want to register or pay your fees or get approved ACCA reading materials?

Then contact me - Victor on 08054523301, or to my office at 12, Samuel manuwa str by 1004 2nd gate, Victoria Island Lagos. or wanna chat? den i.m me @ eva_victor2005 at yahoo messenger or eva_victor2005@yahoo.com.

Will be very more than willing to assit you. Thanks to Nairaland. am always on line.
thanks for this indept clarification. Was just making a research on ACCA, and came upon this. I am so interested in Acca I have alot of questions, will contact u soon. Tnks

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2015
Hello Landers
I want to be certified. I am 24yrs,I
want to know if I can start from
the foundation level to becoming
ACCA qualified. I will like to know the
duration and cost from foundation to
the final stage of ACCA. I live in surulere
where can I get lectures. Finally I hope
am not too old considering the fact that
am starting from the foundation level.

Pls I need your response. Thank you
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2015
hajeebolla:
Hello Landers
I want to be certified. I am 24yrs,I
want to know if I can start from
the foundation level to becoming
ACCA qualified. I will like to know the
duration and cost from foundation to
the final stage of ACCA. I live in surulere
where can I get lectures. Finally I hope
am not too old considering the fact that
am starting from the foundation level.

Pls I need your response. Thank you

Just stroll to synergy professionals. You will get the answers you seek
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by ehizario2012: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2015
Gooday all,
I just registered for my ACCA exams last week. I'm writing F1 n F2 in December. I've been downloading lectures and texts from opentuition.com and gathering relevant materials but I've been finding it difficult to get exam prep kits. I'm in Ibadan n I'll like u guyz to comment on how I can get exam past questions n solution kits either online or here in Ibadan.
I'm doing self-study as I'm only free on some weekends.
Thanks in advance.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
ehizario2012:
Gooday all,
I just registered for my ACCA exams last week. I'm writing F1 n F2 in December. I've been downloading lectures and texts from opentuition.com and gathering relevant materials but I've been finding it difficult to get exam prep kits. I'm in Ibadan n I'll like u guyz to comment on how I can get exam past questions n solution kits either online or here in Ibadan.
I'm doing self-study as I'm only free on some weekends.
Thanks in advance.

Download study materials from my blog for free

www.ng-books..com
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by BAKAREAAT(m): 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
ACCA is a global qualification in finance
ACA is naija qualification for chartered accountants

The difference is that you need to be a member of Ican if you want practice here
If you work within multinationals you need ACCA for global reporting.
you can apply for exemptions from both institutions .for ACA qualifications holders will only get 9 exemptions from ACCA .ACCA qualifications holders will sit for 3 papers for them to become qualified members base on ICAN New Syllabus.
Thanks
Taiwo Adewunmi Bakare
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by ABDamola(m): 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ant useful tips in passin ICAN excellently?
Am enrolling 4 Novemba diet and I didn't av any accounting background b4!
Though ma readin s constant and has bin encouragin so far except costing/pricin aspect in Management Information!

Pls dos in skill and professional level shud drop useful tips in passing foundation level excellently!
Tanx!
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:13am On Aug 31, 2015
ABDamola:
Ant useful tips in passin ICAN excellently?
Am enrolling 4 Novemba diet and I didn't av any accounting background b4!
Though ma readin s constant and has bin encouragin so far except costing/pricin aspect in Management Information!

Pls dos in skill and professional level shud drop useful tips in passing foundation level excellently!
Tanx!

https://www.nairaland.com/2490009/how-pass-ican-exams-flying
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by henry99: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2015
pls help...am a mathematics degree holder...bt i want to register fr ACCA..do u guys tink i can cope wit it cos i dnt hv any knowledge abt account bfr...and hw much wii it take me to register fr F1,F2 and F3.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by McJosefz: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
Great work brothers, please I need your advice and recommendations on this..
I have an OND in banking and finance, given HND admission but still waiting for my DE(university list). I have followed this trend from the start and love the informations on here...

I would love to apply/register for ACCA, please where do I start from and what exemption can I be given... am over 21yrs

Thanks, I really need your advice and contribution on this.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Sugarbabekemi(f): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
McJosefz:
Great work brothers, please I need your advice and recommendations on this..
I have an OND in banking and finance, given HND admission but still waiting for my DE(university list). I have followed this trend from the start and love the informations on here...

I would love to apply/register for ACCA, please where do I start from and what exemption can I be given... am over 21yrs

Thanks, I really need your advice and contribution on this.
I really need first hand info too on ACCA, I'm in my service year, studied banking nd finance too.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Tczar(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello,Pls i'm a Bsc holder in mathematics,also i hv (Master in Financial mathematics),& i'm really interested in ACCA,what level do u think I will start from?
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by ehizario2012: 1:02am On Oct 21, 2015
BAKAREAAT:
ACCA is a global qualification in finance
ACA is naija qualification for chartered accountants

The difference is that you need to be a member of Ican if you want practice here
If you work within multinationals you need ACCA for global reporting.
you can apply for exemptions from both institutions .for ACA qualifications holders will only get 9 exemptions from ACCA .ACCA qualifications holders will sit for 3 papers for them to become qualified members base on ICAN New Syllabus.
Thanks
Taiwo Adewunmi Bakare

Thank you Mr. Bakare.
As I believe u already know, based on my last post, I've registered for ACCA, December diet. But I'm almost regretting, if I had timely information about the new ICAN syllabus, I might have just registered for ICAN straight away since ACCA holders now need to write 3 ICAN papers before they can be certified. Also, the cost implications. ACCA is so much more expensive than ICAN, I spent around 60k to register for just 2 exams.
Based on d new ICAN syllabus, is it still worth it spending so much on ACCA? please I need candid and comprehensive advice. I don't mind forfeiting d 60k spent on ACCA already and then start preparing for ICAN May 2016 diet. Please I need your prompt advice everyone.
Thank you all in advance.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jmanity: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hello fellas, pls i want to register for ICAN but i don't want to go to any tutorial centre, I believe i can study and pass on my own. I want to know if one must register with a tutorial centre and who knows where i can download ICAN past questions and study materials. Thanks.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by ABDamola(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2015
jmanity:
Hello fellas, pls i want to register for ICAN but i don't want to go to any tutorial centre, I believe i can study and pass on my own. I want to know if one must register with a tutorial centre and who knows where i can download ICAN past questions and study materials. Thanks.

Its nt a must u register wif a tutorial centre.

U cn download ICAN study packs on ICAN website, provided u av registered as an ICAN student.

ICAN past questns cn also b downloaded 4rm site(ds doesn't require u 2 register as an ICAN stdnt).
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Dereformer(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
Do you stay around Nnewi and environs, are you desirous of being an ICAN certified accountant, then take advantage of the opportunity PATRAC CONSULTING presents.

At PATRAC, we have well groomed, intelligent and gifted Ican tutors. Our past students who did exceedingly well in ICAN exams are part of our Teaching squad.

Our selection process ensures that we engage first class brains.

In our center, we allow our students to evaluate us within the first one month and thereafter, make payment if satisfied with our method, or leave without paying a dime if not satisfied. Our experience has always been that no one ever left.

May 2016 diet lectures commences in earnest from January 9, 2016.

For inquiries call 08176412800.

PATRAC.... we make a living by grooming people to become chartered accountants.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by paulaliu: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2016
jahrule:

Do u want d photocpied or Original. You can get the original at some of those tuition centres but expensive while the photocopied can be for like #1,500.00 for study text. for more info leave your email. i will contact you
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Donrockie(m): 10:59pm On May 12, 2016
Good day guyz @ sharpman, @ victor and d rest!!!!
I have really enjoyed dis deliberation alot!! I have being going through d internet trying to know which one suits me best between ICAN and ACCA until it brought me here, thanks guyz!!!! I have HND in accounting and i want to know how many courses dat i will be writing and what certificate dat will be issued to me, how much am i to spend while at it (ACCA). And how is d work experience being done, thanks!!!
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Donrockie(m): 11:16pm On May 12, 2016
If i register for ican, can i still be given BSc in accounting and d MBA
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 11, 2016
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by accavideoslsbf: 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
p

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.