Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues (32336 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / My Girlfriend Doesn't Call Me / How I Got To Know I Was Still Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Jollylolly(f): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2021
Sorry about that bruh. God is your strength. JUst tell her'.... If she loves you, she will stay and support you.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by OBTOREPA(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2021
What you really needs most is Jesus. Please accept Christ into your life and he will give you permanent healing. You must be born again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Kingomang: 8:26am On Nov 08, 2021
Clinghton:
Tell her you took weed but stopped and you're going through medication .

Good one brother, because the issue he is having is not out of control, only that their was a complications the time he tried smoking weeds, he should approach the girl with this,and tell her that He is on drugs .
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by RockhouseCafe: 8:26am On Nov 08, 2021
[quote author=yomi007k post=107423033]

Don't mind them. They don't know that many Nigerians have mental issues but it's not yet diagnosed.[/quote

True.

But in Nigeria, we only associate mental health with naked people walking the market picking stuff. We are behind!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Inferior19: 8:26am On Nov 08, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Never stop taking your medication
Tell her the truth
It's not genetic
She deserves to know the truth
Start talking to people about hard drugs and its repercussion too
You have nothing to fear again as you a new person
God bless you
Now now.Her reaction can worsen his condition
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Agoziewin(m): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2021
Try Dunamis Healing and Deliverance services Every Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by ivolt: 8:29am On Nov 08, 2021
Inferior19:

Because he is on medication is the more reason he needs to keep the secret. If he tell the girl right now and she break up with him his condition can become worse .Don't joke with mental health.
What happens when she discovers and break up with him?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by portplus: 8:30am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks

You don't need to tell her.
Except she demands to know why you are always on medication.
Please don't stop your medication.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by DWJOBScom(m): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Inferior19:

Now now.Her reaction can worsen his condition

While wait till when emotions becomes stronger or the drama becomes horrible

Naaaa tell o

I always tell everything when it starts getting serious
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Dude397(m): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Mercychen:
Better you tell her. If she loves you, she'll stay otherwise let her go.

Hiding this kind of serious issue from her will not be fair and if she gets to find out herself, she will never forgive you.

Just brace yourself for the worst and tell her.

By the way, does it mean You're bound to the medication for life?

Can you go without the medications, and if you do, wouldnt there be a relapse?

Are you sure you are well enough to go through the pressures of marriage?

It is well.

I'm not bound to it forever ma'am. According to my doctors, with timely usage of the medication I'll be gradually weaned off it till I stop taking it altogether. Right now it's just once a day at night. After my next appointment it'll be once in three days till I'm off it completely probably in the next one or two years. Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by oyejideogunjumo: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Don't deceive her into the marriage.
Tell her the truth. She might even be a source to your total cure.
Every one knows something you don't know.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Blackdisciple(m): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
How did you know you have mental issues

Or did the doctor tell you that...!

If you can recognize that you have mental issues then you are not , just like someone will say my wife is using juju for me, if you know she's using juju for you then she's not because the juju is not meant for you to know...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Bianda24: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Try to impregnate her before telling her, with that she would have no choice than to stay. Good luck!
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by SIRRITE: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks

Which one be mental issue? U dey craze or not? grin grin

There are better ways to put it bro, just tell her u indulge into taking weed back in school, and it affected ur health said by the doctor, but u are fine and u on medications. Thats all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by maureensylvia(f): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
How did you know you have mental issue
What happens when the skosko starts
I'll like to know please
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by nedekid: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Pardon my asking, what symptoms do you exhibit when you miss your medication and in crises.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Daboomb: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
She would soon know, the day you beat the shyte out of her. grin grin grin grin

Weyrey
grin grin undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by ovieigho(m): 8:33am On Nov 08, 2021
;
EkehPraise:

I will not shut up.
Post your own comment and leave me alone.

This is the real mental issue !
Mad people dey always say make dem leave them alone grin

The op is same and perfectly sound , he only allows devil to deceive his mind

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by BlackPantherxXx: 8:33am On Nov 08, 2021
Noshitboi:
Wetin be that Faze song sef...

Ohhhhh ohhhhh ohhhhh ohhh ohhhhhh ohhhh

KOLOmental.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by creepsyme(f): 8:35am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Would you let your sister date someone with mental issues?
If no, then free her and take care of yourself before looking for a stable relationship.

All the best!

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by stampo: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2021
Bros... Hence you know u have mental issues...

It means you are okay..

Nothing dey do you joo
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Bridget95(f): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2021
If you want to kiss goodbye to that relationship tell her. No one would want to nurse the taught of having someone who could go nuts at anytime.
Take your drugs,pray and keep cool at all times and your mental health will be stable.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by computersoft: 8:38am On Nov 08, 2021
Mercychen:
Better you tell her. If she loves you, she'll stay otherwise let her go.

Hiding this kind of serious issue from her will not be fair and if she gets to find out herself, she will never forgive you.

Just brace yourself for the worst and tell her.

By the way, does it mean You're bound to the medication for life?

Can you go without the medications, and if you do, wouldnt there be a relapse?

Are you sure you are well enough to go through the pressures of marriage?

It is well.

Am interested to be your friend,just a friend if u will not mind.l have my reason dear.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:41am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming

My people say, the day wey craze man. knows he/she is crazy,that’s the end of the craze.

My brother nothing do you. You are well.

Abstain from anything that is not good for you.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by drkranky: 8:41am On Nov 08, 2021
EkehPraise:

I will not shut up.
Post your own comment and leave me alone.

Shut up you fool thing!!! Just shut up �

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by EmzyT: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2021
EkehPraise:
grin grin grin

What will one not read on Nairaland?
You are having mental issues and you are in a relationship, what are you doing there

Anyways I wish you speedy and total recovery

Your comment reeks of stupidity and gross foolishness, it's a pity I share the same country with you and many of your type

Evil Goat sad

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by computersoft: 8:43am On Nov 08, 2021
Virginfeminist:

What did he say wrong there?

When you have mental issues, look for your kind to date abeg, don't go and put unnecessary burden on another person. I once saw a dating app for people with mental issues on playstore. Maybe he can check it out.
pls l will appreciate if u are reasonable here pls.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by brownbib(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2021
She mental too?
How can a normal person not detect a mental person.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:45am On Nov 08, 2021
Put yourself in her shoes. Would you prefer to find out outside the truth about your gf's issue?

Since its not genetic and is under control with the use of medications, I don't think you have anything to be afraid of.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by EmzyT: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Shut up if you can’t read

This nairaland has it own way of pushing someone into depression

The rate of useless people in this site is alarming
One worst site to seek for solutions when depressed
Honestly dear, the sensible ones are like 10% out of the 100 herein, very very senseless and useless ADULTS, they always rush to talk before they think,

I honestly blame the mods of nairaland for this. If only they can update their website and provide a “BLOCK THIS USER” button, just then, we might stop seeing some useless comments from some Stupid humans here sad

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Father4all: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

why don't you just keep your mouth shut since you are sane now
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by folake4u(f): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2021
Possible date questions:

Have you been mad before?
Do you have a mental health illness?

God abeg!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Condom Is The Best? Married Only! / Help! Seems Like My Crush Is Insane / List Of Ashawo House In Ilorin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.