Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,343 members, 7,836,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues (32332 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / My Girlfriend Doesn't Call Me / How I Got To Know I Was Still Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Inferior19: 9:57am On Nov 08, 2021
Kinghorland04:
then you must be a fool, I mean a big fool.
OK.But not as foolish as your father that could not use condom as at when he was supposed to use it..What's the point giving birth to unfortunate mistake like you?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Badsod(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2021
At the end,she go still know.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by ismodiwa(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2021
Apparently you have no mental issues.
By saying you have mental issues

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Letzgo: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks
It's just a case of depression.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2021
op you don't have mental issues, you had addiction issues which you went to rehab and now you are clean. Start celebrating your new status, don't hide it. Mentor and encourage others with your life. If she is bothered with it, her loss. Many ladies out there that will value you
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by ajutant(m): 10:06am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks

If she has not noticed that you have mental issues, then your doing well so far. Telling her or not telling her changes nothing so far your mental issues doesn't come up. So the goal is to keep to your medication and get well.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Tzar(m): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2021
The TRUTH shall set you free!
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Famzed: 10:18am On Nov 08, 2021
Jeremani:
I mean no harm but, How would I know if this your write up wasn't as result of the atom of madness displaying?

Ah ah this is too harsh nah
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Cleanworld(f): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

Its seems you are totally head over heels in love but wait .... Mr Lover boy, don't let the cat out of the bag yet. take your time to get to know this lady in and out and when your are ready to say i do then will be the right time to let the cat out of the bag. Some secrets can dim the light of love especially when you are not sure that she on the same cloud as you are.

take it easy and believe me mental health is so rampant now just take it to God and he alone will erase it out of your life. i'm sending you peace and harmony from now on. go in peace.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Famzed: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2021
Vinnie2000:

The Main issue is not Opening up to Her or Not!

It is HOPE YOU WILL NOT EVER GO BACK TO WEED? sad
She will definitely Run once she hears! Ladies are always scared of things like dis!

You must need to give yourself a Year for Total Healing and Transformation!!
Use 2022 for Dat!

Den 2023, Start Relationships and have as many Girlfriends as you like! sad smiley

BAD ADVISE FROM YOU

Madness (mental illness) doest go completely. Do your research and thank me later
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by ejimatic: 10:25am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

. Speak the truth .Tell her all about you.If you don't she will know later and that may end your relationship. If she hears the details and meave you continue with your life. ......This will serve as a lesson to those that use drugs. Hard drugs damage body system gradually or qiuckly
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by cedricksly: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

who Don first craze no dey well, Na only manage them dey manage madness..... Better tell her the truth because this is pure undiluted Wickedness
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Scamburster(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2021
Goldie16:
If you are struggling with any addiction, then try Suprabrain. It's a supplement that helps people to get overcome drug withdrawal syndromes
Can we talk privately
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 08, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Shut up if you can’t read

This nairaland has it own way of pushing someone into depression

The rate of useless people in this site is alarming
One worst site to seek for solutions when depressed

One of the worst sites indeed. And the owner doesn't care as long as traffic is rolling in... He cares little about mental health...
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Dude397(m): 10:42am On Nov 08, 2021
For those asking for the diagnosis, according to my doctors, It's bipolar affective disorder caused by substance abuse. I get hyperactive during episodes and over religious but I'm not violent. For some years now I haven't had any episodes and the medication I take keeps reducing as time goes by and hopefully I'll be weaned of real soon and I show no signs at all except I tell anyone you wouldn't know at all cos I'm productive in my daily affairs. I'm 29 years.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Leeleann(f): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2021
���you must be either a teenager or the last child in your family.quote author=EkehPraise post=107420659]

I will not shut up.
Post your own comment and leave me alone. [/quote]
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by DEBUU: 11:04am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

My brother just let her know but involve your people, thank God you are managing it very well but there is power in miracles. Have you heard about NSPPD, searching for it on Facebook or YouTube, it's an online prayer starting by 7am join the prayer and your healing will be permanent. #What God cannot do does not exist! I wish you all the best. You can email me for the link.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Imustnottalk: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Shut up if you can’t read

This nairaland has it own way of pushing someone into depression

The rate of useless people in this site is alarming
One worst site to seek for solutions when depressed
most of them are underage that have access to phone and internet .so what did you expect from an underage who hasn't seen life
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by pikechukwu6(m): 11:21am On Nov 08, 2021
cheesy cheesy wetin palm win tapper no go see untop palm tree... You have mental problem and in relationship. Bro, how do you cope with the wahala all these virginias have? Seriously, you don't have any mental issues...

Make sure women headaches will not trigger it in future.

As far as you are dating her for sometimes now. Tell her, I believe she is going no were as far as no more sign of issues with you
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2021
You tell her and she eventually left you and start telling people about your condition, you do a little thing people that knows will start saying your madness don start embarassed you go into depression and eventually end your life...
Since na weed cause am, you should be okay...
Some secrets are just meant to be secret
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by shogsman(m): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2021
EkehPraise:
grin grin grin

What will one not read on Nairaland?
You are having mental issues and you are in a relationship, what are you doing there

Anyways I wish you speedy and total recovery
Listen to the jargons you're spewing,he shouldn't enjoy life because he has a containable mental issue right,most of you on this platform has serious mental problems,you just don't know it
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by computersoft: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2021
Brother never underestimate d power of a woman,most times their strength is not physical. that girl can be a source to ur parmenent healing only if she can stick to u. so u know her best,l suggest u study her before u tell her.But Now my question is,do u still take d hard drugs once in a while,because l know that it is very difficult to leave drugs.But in order to defeat this battle and move for ward,u need to abstain from it completely.And if she have ever known or seen u take this drug again before now,whether u tell her about ur condition or not,forget her because u have lost her completely. Again never underestimate d strength of a woman,they can b very helpful if they chose to. Thank u every one. few words are enough for a wise man.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by anayolity: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2021
EkehPraise:

I will not shut up.
Post your own comment and leave me alone.

Shut up !!! Are you crazy
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by rrhostomy(m): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2021
EkehPraise:
grin grin grin

What will one not read on Nairaland?
You are having mental issues and you are in a relationship, what are you doing there

Anyways I wish you speedy and total recovery

You shouldn't have said that. That is wrong.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by computersoft: 11:55am On Nov 08, 2021
anayolity:

Wettin nah!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by computersoft: 11:56am On Nov 08, 2021
anayolity:

Wettin nah!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
I'm not bound to it forever ma'am. According to my doctors, with timely usage of the medication I'll be gradually weaned off it till I stop talking it altogether. Right now it's just once a day at night. After my next appointment it'll be once in three days till I'm off it completely probably in the next one or two years. Thanks

Oh.. I see.

So, how's the weaning been going? Have you had any forms of reaction in the first stage of weaning? Or it's been smooth sailing?.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Madas1986(m): 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
For those asking for the diagnosis, according to my doctors, It's bipolar affective disorder caused by substance abuse. I get hyperactive during episodes and over religious but I'm not violent. For some years now I haven't had any episodes and the medication I take keeps reducing as time goes by and hopefully I'll be weaned of real soon and I show no signs at all except I tell anyone you wouldn't know at all cos I'm productive in my daily affairs. I'm 29 years.
pls what medication do you use because my brother has exactly similar issue
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Madas1986(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
shogsman:

Listen to the jargons you're spewing,he shouldn't enjoy life because he has a containable mental issue right,most of you on this platform has serious mental problems,you just don't know it
my dear some people are very very stupid and that's why I always said Nairaland is the worse place to seek for advice
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

All will be well by HIS grace. You aren't the first to be in such shoes & won't be the last. I know about two people who have been to rehab over substance abuse & they are now doing fine with their nuclear families. The truth is that it would leave one with at least a particular thing/habit. Just try to master your mind or self & you would do fine.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Dude397(m): 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
Madas1986:
pls what medication do you use because my brother has exactly similar issue
Risperidone and athane at night only. Was taking it twice daily but not anymore

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Condom Is The Best? Married Only! / Help! Seems Like My Crush Is Insane / List Of Ashawo House In Ilorin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.