Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues (32331 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / My Girlfriend Doesn't Call Me / How I Got To Know I Was Still Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by obokuntravels: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2021
If truly you are managing the mental health challenges and you are taking your medication according to prescription, don't tell her anything about it, keep playing and hoping that it shall be well with you.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by bibiking7(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2021

Tell her that you once had a nervous break down. Don't tell her that you once had mental issues.

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Grandmeister(m): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2021
Inferior19:
I'm surprise you guys are asking him to tell her,there are things that should stay with you forever.Op if you tell her now and she break up with you your mental problem may be trigger again. Please keep the secret for now
Not only that, she WILL use what he told her against him eventually. She will tell someone else someday. Better believe it.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Goldie16(f): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2021
If you are struggling with any addiction, then try Suprabrain. It's a supplement that helps people to get overcome drug withdrawal syndromes
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by DWJOBScom(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2021
Inferior19:
He is under treatment now,if she break up with him his condition can become worse. Is that too difficult to understand?

He is not under treatment oga but under medication.
He is not sick at all and can make decisions so don't make him sick!!

Tell her now!!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by REDshouse(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Shut up if you can’t read

This nairaland has it own way of pushing someone into depression

The rate of useless people in this site is alarming
One worst site to seek for solutions when depressed
u sef have mental problem ..He is far better of than You...Weeree Alado
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by hansomb: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2021
How do you behave when the issue got hold of you ?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by RockhouseCafe: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2021
Badguy77:
Its better you dont tell her and if she hears form somewhere else, deny it cos she has never seen you portray any element of insanity before...Cos if u tell her and she continue with you, be adviced that women are women.They dont change, she will still use it against you in future...If you laugh too much she will say you have started, if you frown she will say you have started, if you are silent, she will say you have started.

True that!!!

Women will always use such things against you when you have issues.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Jossybj1984(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2021
The only option you have if you truly love is let her know everything about your past, present and future if you have an idea what love is all about.since you have been together for quite a while and she didn't sense or seeing any symptoms of your health condition believe me if she is meant for you with a good counselor she will definitely stay but I also suggest you look for good hand to handle the case on your behalf. If you need my exploit I can be of help...am Evangelist Joseph.

Lastly, please you are 100% fine, sounds and healthy to our great Nation and the world at large.be bless

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by King2305: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Mental health issues shouldn't make anyone pause thier lives. A lot of people out there have issues like acute depression, bipolar, eating disorder, PTSD, anxiety disorder, ADHD, OCD, etc. and they're married with kids. Some of these mental health issues are curable while others are manageable. OP just needs to let his loved ones (including the lady) know cause it would be very unfair if he doesn't.

No mental issue is curable, you can only manage it..

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Noted. Thanks
Bro,do it as soon as possible to avoid stories.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by laughitall(m): 9:24am On Nov 08, 2021
Jeremani:
I mean no harm but, How would I know if this your write up wasn't as result of the atom of madness displaying?
intelligence..
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by RockhouseCafe: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2021
Agoziewin:
Try Dunamis Healing and Deliverance services Every Tuesday.

Gush!

Please stay off this thread, not meant for you.

Mental health issues can only be treated in one place and one place alone: Yaba psychiatric hospital, that is if he stays in lagos
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by GodisFirst: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2021
Since you have realised your mistake and currently able to manage it with your medication. If you love the girl and really want to marry her and enjoy the marriage, please inform her and let her know that you have been able to manage it. She will probably help you to manage it better. If she loves you, she will stay with you and keep your secrets becauseit is a test of the love. However, if you do not tell her, after marriage she finds out, she will not forgive you and it is a valid reason to ask for divorce or leave you because the marriage was invalid. It was based on deceit, fraud. The church take it that there was never a marriage.
So better free yourself now and tell her. If she says she is leaving you after telling her, just ask her for one favour, and tell her to keep that as a secret for you and bid her goodbye.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Prechgold1180(m): 9:26am On Nov 08, 2021
REDshouse:
u sef have mental problem ..He is far better of than You...Weeree Alado

Ok sir
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by MrHandsome2013: 9:30am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks
How old are you?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by goodman5(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2021
So weed dey mad person
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by stankezzy: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2021
Mood11:
Be kind to her and find a perfect timing to tell her about it before she hears it outside , there's no need to hide it if she will stay, she will and if not you will find someone else..

That's why it's good to make some personal findings about anyone you are having a relationship with. The innocent lady will be thinking she's with a sane person lipsrsealed

Say no to hard drugs and try to maintain your medications. Madness is a serious issue. The good girl deserves to know that some nuts dey lose from time to time make you no break plank on her head one day cheesy
which kin talk be this , so u de call him mad man ,when he said he is now ok, mind your words oo
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by RockhouseCafe: 9:33am On Nov 08, 2021
King2305:

No mental issue is curable, you can only manage it..

Really?

Which school did you go to? Oga, this is a myth passed on to us by our parents. Please don't pass on such false hood to your children. A simple google search with help.

This is 2021 not 1980!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2021
So if you suffered Malaria in 2012, you will tell your girlfriend in 2021, that you suffered Malaria 9 years ago ??

So many stupid advices on this forum.

The sickness came and it went.

You were not born with it.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Angelacruz: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2021
Craze d worry u
Jeremani:
I mean no harm but, How would I know if this your write up wasn't as result of the atom of madness displaying?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by stankezzy: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2021
[It is a lie , no be only for yaba they de treat madness quote author=RockhouseCafe post=107427934]

Gush!

Mental health issues can only be treated in one place and one place alone: Yaba psychiatric hospital, that is if he stays in lagos[/quote]
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by usedcardealerph(m): 9:35am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks

Are you sure you have mental health issues?? I think a person who do doesn't ask the public for answers. Or are you asking for someone?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Kinghorland04(m): 9:37am On Nov 08, 2021
Inferior19:

Yes,I will support not telling her.
then you must be a fool, I mean a big fool.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Kinghorland04(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2021
Inferior19:
Yes,I will support not telling her.
hmmm Okay
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by mrkings84(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2021
My concern now is not your mental health issue cos I know you will be find by God's grace, neither how your girlfriend wll handle the news if let out.

But you know what my concern is, those young men and women who will after reading this story still go about to start smoking weed.

Shebi just yesterday a Chinese zoo forced a baby monkey to start smoking cigarettes just to create awareness to humans that cigarette smoking iwas dangerous to health.

That's how one young girl in my area will start shouting sometimes going naked after smoking weeds.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Dude397(m): 9:45am On Nov 08, 2021
MrHandsome2013:
How old are you?
I'm 29 years
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by AfriNotesNEWS: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by RockhouseCafe: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2021
Pray, tell where else?

stankezzy:
[It is a lie , no be only for yaba they de treat madness quote author=RockhouseCafe post=107427934]

Gush!

Mental health issues can only be treated in one place and one place alone: Yaba psychiatric hospital, that is if he stays in lagos
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:56am On Nov 08, 2021
Realday:
I think it shouldn't be now because if you tell her now, she'll later come to nairaland or somewhere else for advice. Let her sensitivity triggers you to tell her the truth.
Let's switch role, the lady has mental health issue and hides it from him, what would you call her when he finds out himself? Many of the 'advise me' threads I see are created by guys, he might even come here to open a thread to tell us how he found out his 'gf' has got mental issues /hid it from him.

OP, tell your gf and do it in person when you both are alone. The earlier the better as it'll save you some stress and relieve you of the burden you have keeping it from her. If she decides to stay, fine, if she decides to leave then so be it. She has the right to stay or leave and for you, do whatever you can to get better.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by AfriNotesNEWS: 9:57am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

You are ok now right..

Bro you don't need to dig ur past and infuse it to any body...u will be doing ur self...

Just let it go... Ur past is ur past

Yes is important we communicate all our health issues to our spouses. Date etc

But common. U said urs started when u tool drugs.. right. And thank God u have stop...

All you need is positive vibes.. also eat well. More of fruits.. love urself... Search for this group ( Banting 7 Day meal )
on Facebook and join.... Much love from all of us Naira learn...

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Munzy14(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

Be open to her....It will guarantee you and her peace of mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make? / Help! Seems Like My Crush Is Insane / Which Condom Is The Best? Married Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.