Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues (32333 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / My Girlfriend Doesn't Call Me / How I Got To Know I Was Still Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by meetme01: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2021
Logically, it is fair to let her know your mental state and how you have been managing it with no crisis.

Emotionally, be ready to part ways because a host of us stigmatize and rarely understand various forms of mental health and how it is managed. We are stuck with "madness" (Schizophrenia) forgetting those with such mental disorder if properly managed can live a useful life.

Street Wise.. We all have secrets. This is yours and if you feel you can keep it till she finds out and give cogent reasons why you didn't disclose it, keep it as a secret.

Which one will I advise. The maturity and experience of the lady will determine. Therefore, I can't advise.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Gate050: 8:48am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks
When you say mental health, thats the general name for it but be specific about yours. She will take anything but she will never take it if your case is kolo mental
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by EmekaBlue(m): 8:48am On Nov 08, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Shut up if you can’t read

This nairaland has it own way of pushing someone into depression

The rate of useless people in this site is alarming
One worst site to seek for solutions when depressed
The more depressed are here. Dont you get it
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Newboss(m): 8:48am On Nov 08, 2021
Don't be a mad man and a simp. Don't tell her nothing.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Utanisco(m): 8:48am On Nov 08, 2021
so how do u manage to gain the mental sanity to come online and type
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Okunga: 8:49am On Nov 08, 2021
I’ve been a stoner for almost ever and I have never heard or seen week make someone mad except you are into other substances or weed laced with shii like CK and the rest Newbie drugs you guys are exploring in the name of catching extra high.

Peace in your quest for liberation and happiness fam
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by raphy(m): 8:50am On Nov 08, 2021
Tell her and get it out of ya chest if she love you very much she stays if not let her move u can't die for her or will you unless na she de pay the rent.

Just be a man as tell her with open eyes dont be scratching ya head or hand like a kid u are not anyway guilty.
.I hope am helpful..s
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by mysticwarrior(m): 8:50am On Nov 08, 2021
dontrulee:

No be small thing ooo.
If you tell her, your love story go get k leg Sha.
I once had an ex that had mental issues. Lol
pls how does she behaves when the kolo don start? I have never seen a female with mental issues apart from the mad women we see on the street everyday.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Shawlambivert(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2021
Dear brother, it's totally up to you. Whatever you think matters most. You know her better. You know the level at which you guys are. I have a dude (area younger brother sort of) with the same condition. As a result of weed too. In fact, the babe was in service when it all began but her mum stood in. Supported financially sef. Ladies will definitely see it differently. The one that truly loves you will understand in as much as you don't have the crisis recurring. My guy sleeps and eat a lot now. A lot of folic acid. I believe over time, there won't be need for the drugs again
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by delzbaba(m): 8:52am On Nov 08, 2021
If you tell her she will leave you period. I have a female friend who is a single mother but she is not married at 41, we went to secondary school together she gets a lot of suitors but anytime she tells them she has a son they just disappear, get married then both of you can solve the problems together.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Geesaintagape: 8:54am On Nov 08, 2021
Guy don't tell her anything every Nigerian is mad of which u don't know until u travel out.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by zeeace(m): 8:54am On Nov 08, 2021
Don't tell her. Who wan stay with mad man?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2021
EkehPraise:
grin grin grin

What will one not read on Nairaland?
You are having mental issues and you are in a relationship, what are you doing there

Anyways I wish you speedy and total recovery
Your comment reeks of insensitivity..

So who have had mental health issues shouldn't ever be in a relationship?

He has been on medications and has been okay since then..

And he certainly doesn't need your FAKE wishes.. angry

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Paretomaster1(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

Guy, explain to her in a different format.......

9ja people they reason mental issue like say you be Mad man Ni o......
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

What is the level of the mental issue? Are you violent when it starts? If you are not violent and have stopped the habit that caused it, tell her.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by bukatyne(f): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2021
Kobicove:
This is a very vital information.

It is wickedness on your part if you do not tell her.

@bold:

Wickedness is the correct word here

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Kaybee7000(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2021
May Almighty Allah give u quick recovery boss,maybe you should tell her that u have once been addicted to drug and the consequence has resulted to be on medication .Don't tell her directly you are mentally on medication because even if she wants to bear it,her friends won't, kindly use style to tell her you have issue with drug and u are on medication !!! My cent anyway

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Biggers82(m): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2021
Impregnate her frist
And don't tell her since you are taking your drugs because you carry your hand make yourself mad so that you can join Big boys level you don see am now as God take bless you now.

Just do as I tell you then try to avoid misbehaving sha

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by RockhouseCafe: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2021
Virginfeminist:

What did he say wrong there?

When you have mental issues, look for your kind to date abeg, don't go and put unnecessary burden on another person. I once saw a dating app for people with mental issues on playstore. Maybe he can check it out.

Really?

So what about people with cancer, HBP, diabetes...should they also look for their dating app?

Mental health issues are just like any other health issues: they can be diagnosed, treated or managed.

Its not a death sentence: no need stigmatizing them. Its unfortunate that people who say things like this are actually educated.

Madam, if you go for diagnosis, you probably may come out positive for one mental health issue or the other: BPD, PD, ASAD, MADD, BD, PDD, PTSD, MDD etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Kaybee7000(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2021
Biggers82:
Impregnate her frist
And don't tell her since you are taking your drugs because you carry your hand make yourself mad so that you can join Big boys level you don see am now as God take bless you now.

Just do as I tell you then try to avoid misbehaving sha

This is wickedness bro,pls don't try it @op
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by wale0911: 9:03am On Nov 08, 2021
The best of love is true love. True love is unconditional love. Don't keep secrets, especially one that can jeopardise your relationship. Let her into your life fully. If she loves you truly, your past won't matter. It's better you know your fate while your relationship is still young. It is easy to pick up the pieces and start over. But you don't want to be heart broken after you would have given your all to a marriage only to be shattered because of one secret. All the best.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by AfroKnight: 9:03am On Nov 08, 2021
Rydermaverick:
Firstly what kinda mental issue are you battling with?
I feel like this is a big troll..

This is the most important question on this thread.

OP what was the diagnosis?

Also, I hope stoners can see that weed is a real psychoactive drug not the harmless thing you keep portraying it to be. Weed will knock some people’s brains. That makes it as dangerous as others.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Kisico: 9:05am On Nov 08, 2021
Mood11:
Be kind to her and find a perfect timing to tell her about it before she hears it outside , there's no need to hide it if she will stay, she will and if not you will find someone else..

That's why it's good to make some personal findings about anyone you are having a relationship with. The innocent lady will be thinking she's with a sane person lipsrsealed

Say no to hard drugs and try to maintain your medications. Madness is a serious issue. The good girl deserves to know that some nuts dey lose from time to time make you no break plank on her head one day[/b] cheesy
Lol, you are just heartless. Look at how you are blunt with words @ the bolded. You no fit pity am.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by 27Pushing30: 9:07am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:

I will advice you tell her just the surface truth not the whole truth
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by princewarri1985: 9:07am On Nov 08, 2021
Dont tell her shit! Hide it from her and take your medication and you will be fine, dont say shit to her or you are going to loose her, BY THE WAY WOMEN ARE EVEN MORE SECRETIVE
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 08, 2021
AfroKnight:

This is the most important comment on this thread.

Also, I hope stoners can see that weed is a real psychoactive drug not the harmless thing you keep portraying it to be. Weed will knock some people’s brains. That makes it as dangerous as others.
Exactly weed does make people develop some mental disorder..the op might be a troll..
When he said mental issues I was expecting mood swings.. IED and the rest but his write up shows he doesn't know what he is suffering from..

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by beejay501: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2021
Okunga:
I’ve been a stoner for almost ever and I have never heard or seen week make someone mad except you are into other substances or weed laced with shii like CK and the rest Newbie drugs you guys are exploring in the name of catching extra high.

Peace in your quest for liberation and happiness fam

Who no go know no,bros weed day make person mad live I don confirm am many times, not colo or meth o Igbo Ordinary Igbo oo

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Inferior19: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2021
DWJOBScom:

While wait till when emotions becomes stronger or the drama becomes horrible

Naaaa tell o

I always tell everything when it starts getting serious
He is under treatment now,if she break up with him his condition can become worse. Is that too difficult to understand?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Ghost11: 9:10am On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
If you want a wife, tell her the truth.

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by LordVarys1: 9:11am On Nov 08, 2021
Just make money, even with the mental issues she will stay grin

I just hope you are not dating my sister Sha?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Kinghorland04(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2021
aprilwise:
Tell her the truth cos nothing hide the sun for ever. If she heard it from another source it will be a disaster
correct talk bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help! Seems Like My Crush Is Insane / Which Condom Is The Best? Married Only! / List Of Ashawo House In Ilorin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.