Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (134752 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2011
I was looking for my fencing thread because I found 2 good pictures to post there and it took me too long to find it, ''fence and gates in pictures and prices'' by the time I googled the thread it appeared and lo and behold, it was classed into the ''bulk property advert'' section.
What is bulky about my attempts to show good gates to my clients and friends, why would gate now go under that section except there is any rule broken? Lawyer please clear the air about this.

lets manage this for the night meanwhile.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:41am On Dec 08, 2011
Ummmmm ^^
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by kuntash: 2:02am On Dec 08, 2011
Just few months away, and the whole property thread just changed like chocolate under d sun,

Spyder , pls can u direct me to ur former thread? how did the duplex go?

been busy in the auto section , lol

as u know, Men na cars and house, its end of the yr again, turning to this thread now,

obviously I have missed much, but let me have that thread. "the real cost of building a 6 bedroom duplex"
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:21am On Dec 08, 2011
^^^ IN Auto? how come i have not seen so much of you in auto section?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by kuntash: 6:13am On Dec 08, 2011
lol, u cant be too sure we have not spoken or exchanged emails, grin grin

I started the popular Mercedes Benz thread in auto section. lol
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 08, 2011
^^
Yeah, that your thread was fun until it turned into pure automech
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2011
@ Spyder,
I can see on the top floor you are putting 3 coaches of block instead of the normal 2.

But on the down floor you put 2.

I will advise that you follow this step to putting at least 3coaches because it gives enough room inside the house and helps prevent heat
inside the house. Again you can put any type of pop design inside the house if there is enough space to work with.

The mistake have already been made.

For the down floor of this building after tilling you will see that there will not be enough room inside the house.

If ceiling fan is installed it won't be okay as a tall person's head will almost reach it and a short person cannot raise his or her hand
anyhow inside the house!!!!.

Another thing I've noticed is the height of you foundation. It look somehow low to me.
After filling of the compound you will understand what I mean.

Again when government decides to do that road, you better be praying they don't build it above your foundation level.

It is always advisable to spend the money now that regret it in future. . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2011
^^^^ Thank you for those points, I like the way you voice out your concerns about the process, it will help throw more light about the way things are done.

There was no mistake in putting 2 coaches of blocks on the downstairs section of this house. It was well thought out. That is how most residential houses are built, except for special requests by clients. I will look around later for ongoing projects and send pictures of the heights so we can see it here. The standard is 12 coaches including lintels before deck/roof.
4 coaches on top of the German floor, (window level)
5 coaches before lintel
1 coach as lintel
2 coaches on top of the lintel

That makes it 12 lines. This height is the standard and I have seen lower heights (I will also hunt for the pictures)

About fans, I currently live in the house where 12 coaches was used to build, there is enough height for ceiling fans (they are almost becoming extinct due to air conditions) I am making this top 3 blocks because the owner demanded that within this week, I will still ask for some money as my workers will ask me for more, lol!

For any of my clients who will like even 14 coaches of blocks, they should say so, I will just increase the qty of materials like blocks, cement, sand and gravel, rods. Costs will also increase in plastering sand, labour, painting etc. Thats by the way, many things in buildings are by special request, someone told me to make his window so wide that it almost covered spaces for the wall, I cannot refuse, it is his desire for his house, I will only need to know in time so I can reflect same in my costing.

As for the level of the foundation, I remember we treated this issue sometimes ago and we found out that its got to do with your geographical location. Some places will never be flooded even if you build far below the road line. My own house has been suffering gradual erosion as the soil around the foundation keep washing away after the rains. In that situation you build lower, not upper as your foundation may soon be washed out if you too much raise your level. I will find many pictures of houses around the east where the soil has washed out the foundation, making the landlord to spend much money filling the compound again with loads of sand.

I think pictures will help us out in this topic, send some pictures to back up your points, I will send some this evening. Please critique the house even more as we are learning from the points, thank you very much.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2011
^^^^

Spyder I totally agree with you on the foundation.

Do you know why I am more concern about the 2 coaches of block added?

It is because the first coach was block which is 9" high and around 10 to 11" high after chalking. . .

But for the last coach from this house, you know casting/beam was use and it was also used to take the level of the house.
As a result not all places around the house will be that high. Some may be 9" high and others may be less or even 4 inch high.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2011
I agree with you, most people are doing it. But not everybody.

People who do it mostly don't know about this.

Even though fans are getting outdated
we still need the space you know?
Also remember, even with A/C we still need fan as our everyday
generator cannot stand the high voltage required to power a single A/C

When you do POP for the down floor of this duplex,
you can try the dropping style(which is finer) and do the flooring
After that, do same for the top floor and you will see what I mean

I believe you client sees this that's why he ask you to add 3 coaches on the top floor

I rest my case!!!!!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
Thanks for continual teaching . . . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Dec 08, 2011
I couldn't have all the time I wanted to look at ongoing projects as so much work took most of my day time hours. Just a few shots from buildings around where I was.

This project is being embarked upon by Union homes PLC , they are building this estate, notice the completed structure, a replica of this same one standing at the back of this unfinished one, my workers worked in this project and I nearly took up some of the houses to build on contract bases. There was only 1 coach of blocks on top of the lintel, so this house has 11 coaches in total. Mine is 12.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2011
I own this plot of land, and 8 years ago I surveyed it and put this beacon on the plot. As at the time I was doing this survey, this beacon was inside the ground, with only the neck and top 1'' staying above the ground, now it has washed up, and I may need to remove it and dig the ground to insert it deeper into the ground. It happens to houses around here too, foundations also wash up.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2011
This is a house built around my hood, only 2 blocks on top of the lintel and only 4 coaches as window space, this house is lower than mine by 1 coach, and the guy is doing another deck grin

Also note how deep his land is in front, he has started to fill up the foundation with fresh soil to protect his low foundation from washing up.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2011
This house also belongs to me, as you can see the foundation is suffering from erosion after the last rains. I even poured concrete to checkmate this but the erosion is eating around the concrete. When I get some more money, I intend to buy some trips of laterite sand to protect the foundation.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2011
And this guy has only 2 blocks on top of his house before doing his roof, and he is living in the house downstairs.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
But if I say its only my way things could be done, then I am being economical with the truth. I saw this house being built, a multi-million naira project handled by a medium construction firm. This house has 13 coaches on every floor including 3 coaches on the top floor before the roofing stage. This job was awarded to be built with 12 milla as contract fee! (which time I go begin see this type of contract?) grin grin grin

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 12:07am On Dec 09, 2011
Keep teaching us, Please . . . You still owe me information oh
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:54am On Dec 09, 2011
Just returned from this site to see work progress/quality. Work still in progress as we target to leave this site for roofers before xmas. More pix at night.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2011
Nice and eyes are itchy
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2011
My search for sites to see how many blocks they put to determine the height of structures took me to 2 more sites today. This house has 11 coaches before the roof. There is
4 coaches before window level,
4 coaches for the window height (mine is always 5)
1 coach as lintel
2 coaches as topping before the parapet forming (maybe he will do another block with the parapet)

currently my house is taller than this house.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
for this one

3 coaches before the window
5 coaches as window height
1 coach as lintel
2 blocks for topping (there is no beam as I always do before deckings)

this house is lower than mine by 1 coach of block,

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2011
picture updates

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2011
Keep teaching us . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by megastu(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2011
@spyder. please i want to know how many blocks would take a building to lintel level. Also from lintel level, would stage of work would be done before it gets to decking. Your answer will be appreciated.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2011
megastu:

@spyder. please i want to know how many blocks would take a building to lintel level. Also from lintel level, would stage of work would be done before it gets to decking. Your answer will be appreciated.

Size of the house matters in determining the qty of blocks. I have also come to learn that I should ask each client how tall he wants his house to be before stating block quantity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.