Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? (15355 Views)

This Kind News We're Hearing About Some Women Abroad. See What's Going On!! / African Women Abroad Seriously Seeking Husbands / The Problem with Single African Women Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by marabout(m): 6:29am On Jun 18, 2011
Most other Non-Naija African women see Nigerian men as bold, hard-working and ambitious. That's the vibes I get from Many East African ladies are marrying Naija men here in UK as if Naija men are soon going to be out of circulation.

Perhaps the high number of ambitious Naija men make our ladies take us for granted. They should try Somali men and compare.

You will have to look up to say  chinese and indians (European/Western-born men) to see more ambitious men.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by claremont(m): 7:47am On Jun 18, 2011
nep2ra:

I didn't want to say anything before but now I must talk. I was never attracted to white women but I am now learning how to be attracted to them for the sake of my mental well being in UK. Even if a white woman doesn't fancy you, should would be polite about it. White women have a lovely attitude when it comes to interacting with people especially a man who's trying to chat them up. Nigerian women Na die be dat!!! Dem dey form pass people wey get dis country. Come dey do face like banana wey person march for ground.

Don't get me wrong. I love Nigerian women but only the ones in Nigeria. Once they come here it's like a virus attacks them and causes them to misbehave. I would rather date a woman from another African country be it Swaziland or a white woman than to put up with one attitude infested woman. Nigerian women change your ways before you join the unfortunate statistic of frustrated, miserable and depressed single mothers which populate dating sites. After they reach their early 40s and see there's no longer hope you see them trying to be humble on dating sites. Abeg!!!
You are on point my guy grin grin grin
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by nep2ra(m): 8:40am On Jun 18, 2011

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER

YOUR NEXT PINT OF BEER ON ME --

ACTUALLY BRO - IT WOULD INTREST YOU TO NOTE THAT RIGHT FROM NNAMDI AZIKIWE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN NIGERIA

NIGERIAN GIRLS DON CHANGE ACCENT FINISH OO!

THEY BRING FAKENESS EVERYWHERE THEY STEP - THATS WHY 90% OF THEM ARE SINGLE AND SEXUALLY FRUSTRATED

Oga mi I gentle and I remain loyal to you. Person nor fit marry im person again? These Nigerians girls can like to fall their hands not mine.
You should see how my cousin and I avoid them like the plague. Would it be wrong if Nigerian men and women identify with each other and live in peace? Person for like marry woman wey come from the same background and cultural orientation. No, dem nor wan gree. So, make dem go deir way. I wish them the best. Me? Na oyibo woman or another African woman. Peace of mind is valuable!
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by o2dlomez(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2011
L. KRavitz:

Why? and why do they get so jealous and agressive when they see us with females from other races? lipsrsealed

This i really dont know, they dont want to date you and dont want you to date someone else. I took one to an african resturant and after we were done eating, she said her friend as in housemate said she should bring takeaway for her shocked shocked shocked, She came with her Outside life undecided
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by LKRavitz(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2011
^^^ some of them find it so easy to beg or ask for stuffs without any reservations. my non nigerian female friends wouldnt even let me pay our bills when we go out, i have to insist or we split the tab. i know there are decent nigerian girls out there but its quite unfortunate that the terrible lot are in the majority
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2011
I don't live outside Nigerian so I don't know about attitude but I know about generalisation and this thread is a testament to the general suckiness of generalisation.

Not every Nigerian woman abroad will have an attitude so please find one that doesn't and quit all your moaning and whining.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by marabout(m): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2011
ronkebp:

I don"t know where  these guys see their naija gals, I also don't think that the girls are as they say. Majority of the guys here are from the ghetto back there in naija, just because they come abroad they think they can chat any lady up, you don't know that before you size a lady up, she herself they size the bloke, so if you fit play your card well, then you are a winner.we do not need to crucify them for holding their corner tight.

I think that's the problem. This idea that any guy who recognises a lady as a naija sister and is friendly, and they immediately assume that you want them. Nonesense.

And the Naija women you are talking about how do you know they are not from the ghetto?

This fixation with a man's status is crazy.  I have dated women of different races, teacher, lawyer, etc. they looked at my character not my origin, even in those day that i had nothing to my name than the quest for knowledge. Today i do a job where many Naija women work as health care colleagues.

Today they appear friendlier based on profession but rude when am not in that environment. So they are materialistic and want men in so -called high profile professions. What if a lawyer/doctor/IT guy is not actually a good husband material?
Thank God am married so will not fall into the hands of any fake one.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by otiigba1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2011
Cuddlemii:

This forming things is a general thing with Naijas both male and female all over the world. We like going overboard with everything.

Women form to even their fellow women so I don't see a biggy in that. Maybe the women you guys have been meeting enjoy the chase and its excites them which is a good thing. If these babes come on so easy, you men are the same ones who will bullshit them and run them down.

I am here in Nigeria and the reports I get about guys over there too are terrible. You guys mostly use the babes there, dump them and then come back to Naija to marry village virgins. So maybe they are being cautious or can read thru your antics.

Although I dont support rudeness or forming or nasty attitudes because I believe there are better ways of passing your message accross without hurting anyone or stressing yourself. If these babes are giving you a hard time, then look for the nice ones.

Most of you men like going for good things all the time or perfection or the same thing, what wrong with the nerdy girl, the chick with braces, the bible club lady, the humanitarian or activist lady, the cleaning lady working 2 jobs to get a degree. Variety they say is the spice of life, you might be surprised the kind of bliss and pleasure you would derive. You guys might wanna look into peaceful ladies.

Finally, approach is another thing. Sometimes guys take this swagger thing to the extreme making them appear childish, gangstar and weird. This can be very irritating. I am sure the ladies can identity a responsible man with prospects and value so cut out the flashy and money thing. Even if you dont look like a million dollars atleast let your look show that you would make the millions someday.
i agree totally with you! even though i am a nigerian guy, and you can cuddlemii any time grin grin grin grin i am liking you already( hope you are a female)
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by otiigba1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
Cuddlemii:

This forming things is a general thing with Naijas both male and female all over the world. We like going overboard with everything.

Women form to even their fellow women so I don't see a biggy in that. Maybe the women you guys have been meeting enjoy the chase and its excites them which is a good thing. If these babes come on so easy, you men are the same ones who will bullshit them and run them down.

I am here in Nigeria and the reports I get about guys over there too are terrible. You guys mostly use the babes there, dump them and then come back to Naija to marry village virgins. So maybe they are being cautious or can read thru your antics.

Although I dont support rudeness or forming or nasty attitudes because I believe there are better ways of passing your message accross without hurting anyone or stressing yourself. If these babes are giving you a hard time, then look for the nice ones.

Most of you men like going for good things all the time or perfection or the same thing, what wrong with the nerdy girl, the chick with braces, the bible club lady, the humanitarian or activist lady, the cleaning lady working 2 jobs to get a degree. Variety they say is the spice of life, you might be surprised the kind of bliss and pleasure you would derive. You guys might wanna look into peaceful ladies.

Finally, approach is another thing. Sometimes guys take this swagger thing to the extreme making them appear childish, gangstar and weird. This can be very irritating. I am sure the ladies can identity a responsible man with prospects and value so cut out the flashy and money thing. Even if you dont look like a million dollars atleast let your look show that you would make the millions someday.
this the only comment that makes sense, brilliant comment peacefull ladies are the best, they are the ones i am looking for thanks! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by okooyinbo(m): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2011
@DAYOKANU! Aburo, wahala e ti po ju. Oju kokoro e gan o kere rara. Ahaaa, se gbogbo awon daradara Nairalandi lo fe kolabo, ti o fe jigijigi ni? Lo si centaurium ki o lo she agbere "kini" nibe die naa.

Topic: There was a girl (actually a woman) I met through a friend. She will be 40 this year and is desperately in need of a man (correctly put, she's got enough men - she is looking for a husband). She also has got this kinda attitude. Talking to her gave her away. She is always in the church praying for "Jesu" to send her the right man and on YM to get the "catch of her life". But she continues to get those that hit her and run. Anypath sha, thats her load to carry, and carry she must ALONE.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by Cuddlemii: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2011
oti-igba:

this the only comment that makes sense, brilliant comment peacefull ladies are the best, they are the ones i am looking for thanks! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin grin

Its good that my comment ministered to you. look around you there shld be a peaceful lady somewhere even under your carpet, lolz.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by bomly(f): 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2011
There is no problem with Nigerian Women abroad, maybe you have been unlucky to meet with the one's with some attitude problem however I advice you to also look into your attitude. I noticed that some Nigeria Men abroad take life like jokers, tell lot of lies, don't stay focus, they just play away time all in the name of papers, the few who manage to get it sees themselves too superior to wanna go for Nigerian women without papers.
Well whatever and however you look at it, Nigeria women are still better counterpart than Oyibo, it's your call anyway. Enjoy your search.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by Laajman(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
Anywhere in the world, good people are hard to come by. And like someone rightly said earlier, like would attract like.
When I was back in Naija, it was even hard to meet girls I could relate with. Obviously, there are more girls in Naija so when
you step out there is a smaller sample to choose from.

I've met a few who gave me attitude, and quite frankly, I think its their loss. I've met a few excellent ones too. Maybe some guys
expect that girls abroad would swoon over them, simply because the guy is abroad. For the most part, girls are vastly experienced at
judging guy in a few seconds, but from time to time they get it wrong.

Even the guys sef, why do you travel and insist on dating Naija girls? Variety, they say, is the spice of life!
Well, there's the natural tendency to gravitate towards Naija girls, but if she aint game dont sweat it.
Look at this way: you're probably saving yourself a lot of trouble.

I think the bigger problem is this: For Nigerians its harder to get a partner these days, for both males and females, at home and abroad.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by MrsChima(f): 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
Lord_Reed:

I don't live outside Nigerian so I don't know about attitude but I know about generalisation and this thread is a testament to the general suckiness of generalisation.

Not every Nigerian woman abroad will have an attitude so please find one that doesn't and quit all your moaning and whining.
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by Jackieugo(f): 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2011
Select:

What's all these btw Nanidee and Reality101? shocked shocked shocked shocked

They should just get married and be done with it!
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by Select(m): 11:56pm On Jun 18, 2011
Jackieugo:

Abi ooooo!! Are u online now?
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by Jackieugo(f): 12:02am On Jun 19, 2011
Select:

Yes now
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by Select(m): 12:06am On Jun 19, 2011
Jackieugo:

Yes now

Ok. I will send u a mail to ur hotmail address right away. ok?
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by queensmith: 12:21am On Jun 19, 2011
its a general response to the behavior of alot of 'nigerian imported men'
they arrive and forget they are still under the same sky just on different land
they come with all sorts of indiscipline and lack of any sort of sense
completely morally bankrupt and lacking respectable principles
just google why are nigerian men. . . . . . . the internet will let you know the rest!
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by Cuddlemii: 12:24am On Jun 19, 2011
nanidee and reality 101, u guyz shld get a room, I sense some tension that needs to be eased asap.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by nanidee(f): 2:53am On Jun 19, 2011
Jackieugo:

Select:

Cuddlemii:

nanidee and reality 101, u guyz shld get a room, I sense some tension that needs to be eased asap.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by Calamama: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2011
So there’s the refrain: when walking, walk straight, hold your head up. Straighten your skirt over your bottom before you sit down; now pull your knees together. Every time you walk you’re shouted at to walk straight, head high. Every time you sit you’re told the same things, straightened your skirt over your bottom, close your leg. Do not plunk down like a man on a chair; don’t walk pka, pka, pka like a mad person.  There’s calico to bind the stomach to keep it firm and slim, once it was beads around the waist. You must constantly bath. Your bath all the time and once in a while your mum wants to give you an additional scrub, you take offense, your mum lets you into  a secret.
   ‘Daughter’, she says, ‘you are bathed and oiled to honor you. It is to show you that you are loved and respected. It is to show you that no man should disrespect you. How dares  another lay hand on you or show you disrespect when you have been thought and horned this way.

So there you are, 16 year old, semi polished; rich cultural knowledge behind you. You can cook and carry yourself elegantly. There’s pressure from the wider society, your age mates excelling at school, older people being celebrated for having achieved startling results at top university at home and abroad. You’re expected to do well, for there have been sacrifices along the way.

So you go abroad, and one day you’re walking elegantly down the road, full of hope, pride and ambition and some peanut breath guy pulls up in some silly car and speaks to you, thinking you’re going to jump into his car, as if you’ve not before seen a car, and because he thinks he is hot and has had many foreign girls.     

A true Nigerian man, villager of city man, knows what it takes to bring up a Nigerian daughter for they probably have sisters and mothers too. So I question the authenticity of men on here who keep cussing Nigerian women and girls or at the very least I question their class.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by londoner: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2011
Some Nigerian men need to take a look at their approach though. They can have this attitude that when they talk to you, you should just think yourself "lucky" or priviledged.

They may get a different reaction from non-Nigerian women, because they approach them differently. The average Nigerian man thinks its an honour for a white woman to give him the time of day, whereas he has no such feeling with a Nigerian woman, no matter how nice she may be.

He feels its his right to have her accept his advances. It is very irritating for us women, you tend to want to make us your property as if you are still back in Nigeria.

I am not the rude type, but you will get it if you look hard enough. If a guy approaches me, I will be polite even when telling him I am not interested in him, but when you start being arrogant and forceful, its irritating and I will let you know.

Nigerian guys generally DO NOT approach a girl just to be friends with her, no matter what they say, they want more and it become apparent very quickly. They dont even give you the time to decide whether you would want to get to know them, they just think you MUST be with them because they want you. What you want is actually not important in their equation.

You Naija guys are not the only ones who, once abroad are exposed to a difference in the attitude of non-Nigerians. Nigerian girls may also see the way other men would approach her or even an African man from neighbouring countries.

Rarely would you see arrogance in them or a sense of entitlement over your time and affection.

Next time a Naija girl gives you attitude after you have approached her, ask her if there is anything you did or said that offended her, you probably thought you were giving her your best lines, but really you may be giving a bad impression of yourself without realising it.

Most Naija guys I have spoken to have been fine in their approach and I have not been rude, but then, I grew up in a different environment.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by londoner: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2011
Not necessarily. I slept with my ex after our second date, and we went out for over 2 years afterwards. A woman who is quick to bed helps to ensure the "testing and verification" is quickly carried out, which might eventually lead to marriage.

@Marabout, yes, that's why I said "some". A woman can let you get into her bed, with the full intention that the relationship will not proceed beyond that.

Not every woman sleeps with a guy in the hope that it will lead into a relationship or marriage. If you went out with your ex for two years after bedding quickly its because you both found that their were other elements  you had that merited a relationship. The sleeping together quickly was not the basis.

Unless you are implying that you have had long term relationships with every one night stand you have had?
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by brownlady8(f): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
Not ALL nigerian women abroad have attitude, but MOST have.
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by aribisala0(m): 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2011
too much bukaata
Re: What's The Problem With Nigerian Women Abroad? by nairamaniac: 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
busygirl:
@OP why are you stereotyping? I'm a Nigerian girl who resides abroad without attitude issues. So your claims, do not count tongue

we date or adonbilivit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Only You Can Make Me Cum:Lady Grabs Plantain,See What She's Doing With It (Pics) / Girls Asking Guys Out / Guys Have You Ever Experienced This With A Lady In A Bus? (pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.