Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego (6627 Views)

Reverend Yinka Yusuf: How Peter Obi Bruised My Ego & I Felt Embarrassed / Seyi Tinubi: 3 Ways To Give Back That Doesn't Require A Financial Investment / Reno Omokri Reacts To IGP Ibrahim Idris' Speech Blunder With (See Tweets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by SageOfChelsea: 3:12am On Jan 05, 2022
TooNoisy:

While you wait for your referendum why don't you start with the suggestion made by one of your comrades in another thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6923789/nigeria-literally-collapse-igbos-relocate

You people claim you own 70% of Lagos properties and 80% of Abuja properties. You claim you have the biggest and most profitable businesses in Nigeria. Why not just relocate these businesses to the East? Why not just take your investments to the East. You do not need to wait for any referendum. Show the rest of Nigeria that you are serious by building your businesses in the East. Put your money where your mouth it. You unserious lot and unity beggars.

We all know what you really want is the presidency and you wouldn't get it because you don't play the game right. You cannot threaten and blackmail others to get the presidency. As I said earlier, let the Igbos begin to invest in the landlocked Eastern region and the rest of the country will take you seriously.

By the way, Lamidi Cownu was offered secession with the 5 eastern states but he insisted on Niger Delta oil. Una think say na only una get sense. Come and carry the oil now? Common run along and go vote for Atiku!!

That's why you people don't do well in business. Just to school you. In business, you put your money where the market is. The market is the people not states. There are more people in Lagos and Abuja and so more Igbo businesses there. When you let us build our market by giving us our nation, we will move our investments. Do the needful and the Igbo you hate, you will see them no more.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by SonOfEl(m): 3:51am On Jan 05, 2022
TooNoisy:

The problem with most of you igbos on this platform is that you are too young and so you rely on fictional tales from your uncles.

The same Peter Obi that was the first governor to be impeached in the fourth Republic? Like his own people impeached him for corruption! The same Peter Obi that invested Anambra States money in his father's company? If that is not conflict if interest then I wonder what is. Una no get shame ni?

And you talk about Umahi. You guys really think everyone else is foolish abi. So Umahi wins two elections in Ebonyi under PDP because he knows PDP will win there and then suddenly cross over to APC and expects to get the presidential ticket over those that have been toiling there for many years. Which one don't you have - sense or shame? And you really believe they should give him. He should eat his cake and have it right?

And please don't say Obasanjo was handpicked over founding fathers of the party. Obasanjo beat Ekweme hands down in the PDP presidential primaries in 1999. It was keenly contested and Obasanjo beat Ekweme hands down.

Obasanjo didn't beat Ekwueme hands down, some of us were old enough to follow the politics going on at the time, so don't be clever by half.

As per benin kingdom, it is foolish to compare it with Nri kingdom that is far older than it.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by mrvitalis(m): 5:33am On Jan 05, 2022
TooNoisy:

While you wait for your referendum why don't you start with the suggestion made by one of your comrades in another thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6923789/nigeria-literally-collapse-igbos-relocate

You people claim you own 70% of Lagos properties and 80% of Abuja properties. You claim you have the biggest and most profitable businesses in Nigeria. Why not just relocate these businesses to the East? Why not just take your investments to the East. You do not need to wait for any referendum. Show the rest of Nigeria that you are serious by building your businesses in the East. Put your money where your mouth it. You unserious lot and unity beggars.

We all know what you really want is the presidency and you wouldn't get it because you don't play the game right. You cannot threaten and blackmail others to get the presidency. As I said earlier, let the Igbos begin to invest in the landlocked Eastern region and the rest of the country will take you seriously.

By the way, Lamidi Cownu was offered secession with the 5 eastern states but he insisted on Niger Delta oil. Una think say na only una get sense. Come and carry the oil now? Common run along and go vote for Atiku!!
Haven't we done it before ?
Niger delta oil ? LMAO Google Nigeria oil map then come back ....tho Igbo nation would be technology n tax powered oil belong to the host community not the whole Igbo land
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Tingotoe: 5:59am On Jan 05, 2022
chigator2:

SEE this School Teacher feeling funky grin grin grin.
It's not your type that seat in power.
Sha sha don't go around Failing Igbo Students in your class out of hatred. I met your type in University, I'm made today and don't even know if he exists anymore.
Bros you failed your exams because you refused to study and not because anyone hated you for being Ibo. What's it with you guys and your persecution complex?
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Tranquillity360: 6:38am On Jan 05, 2022
hatchy:
Let the truth be told for once. Igbos always look at other ethnic groups as inferior to them. They are the major cause of the problems in this country.

Nzeogwu killed Ahmadu Bello, his wife and kinsmen. He killed the Yorubas also, but none, I say none of his own was killed in the 1966 coup. Ironsi took over, that wasn't a problem but when the Northerners gathered and meted same treatment the Igbos gave to them, in return, they cried genocide.
They cheat you but doesn't want to be cheated. They sell drugs and destroy youths of other tribes and country but they have been resisting Mpkurumiri in their communities.

Igbos should learn how to be humble and be less problematic, troublesome and stubborn.
But why do you all good Nigerians what to be together by fire by force with Problematic,troublesome and stubborn Igbos?

Nzeogwu is from south south,so how does coup lead by him concern Igbos?
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Tranquillity360: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2022
bjdon:

They will not accept that the first coup was an Igbo coup
They will not accept that Zik is the one that prevented seccesion clause being included in the constitution
They will not accept the fact that that it was Ironsi that created the unitary state
They will not accept that in 1999 the presidency was zoned to the whole south, not the south west

They really need to park their egos,and reach out and work with other groups, if they are every going to achieve their goals.
But there are no Igbo in south south [according to yorubas and hausafulanis].

And the coup was lead by south south man with his yoruba friend.

So why are you accusing Igbos?
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Tranquillity360: 6:59am On Jan 05, 2022
TooNoisy:

Stop shouting there.... Ikpeazu, Uzodinma, Obiano, Umahi, Ugwuanyi, Onu and Ngige are all failures too. I can go on and on - Udenwa, Theodore Orji, Chris Uba, Ifeanyi Ubah, Okorocha, Ohakim. The problem with the Igbos is that you lack good leadership. You don't have leaders and that is why you cannot even present a credible candidate for elections. If you cannot present a candidate, how can you win?

You need to start grooming leaders and then people will take you seriously. The people I have listed are semi-illitrates who don't have any following. A few of them only won through Supreme court judgements.
We have seen how yorubas and hausafulanis lead government have developed Nigeria and made it peacefulcheesy cheesy

It's now better than Londoncheesy
cheesy

Tribes of leadership groomercheesycheesy
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Tranquillity360: 7:12am On Jan 05, 2022
Gazzy88:
In the not too distant future, this online hate btw ibos and the rest of the country will soon get to the streets and I wonder how ibos gonna survive the heats. No single tribe can stand as their ally cos they've destroyed their image with hate for everyone.

One thing I hate about them is believing they are better than everyone in Nigeria including their benefactors, Yorubas. People have tolerated their insults enough but a time is coming when they gonna get the results of their hates. It won't be funny at all. Sadly their leaders support them.
Yoruba hatred for Igbos are already on the street.

We see it everyday.

Cowards can't do more than they have already doing.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by OneCorner: 7:20am On Jan 05, 2022
SageOfChelsea:

That's why you people don't do well in business. Just to school you. In business, you put your money where the market is. The market is the people not states. There are more people in Lagos and Abuja and so more Igbo businesses there. When you let us build our market by giving us our nation, we will move our investments. Do the needful and the Igbo you hate, you will see them no more.
Who should give you your nation?
Yorubas or Hausas?

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Gazzy88(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2022
Tranquillity360:
Yoruba hatred for Igbos are already on the street.

We see it everyday.

Cowards can't do more than they have already doing.
Nah we all still buying from nyanmiri traders. I mean full scale hates from everyone solely on nyanmiris. Can you withstand the heat, mumu chestbeater? You can't survive it for a month.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by hatchy(f): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2022
Denoh68:
[AND WHO ARE YOU TO TELL A NATION WHEN TO BE HUMBLE.GO AND SIT DOWN BIKO
That is exactly what we are talking about. Who am I to tell a Nation when to be humble...
You and your people are very arrogant.
Instead of building bridges and reaching out to others in the country, you think using violence and intimidation will work for you. You all will be crushed by the Feds and nothing, I mean nothing will happen. Go and ask Chechenya in Russian Republic, ask the breakaway region in Spain just to mention a few separatists that has been crushed by their government. The US,UN and others you people are banking on for support will not even blink an eye because they also have groups fighting to break away so they won't ever support it. No country in the world will support you people. Know this and know peace.

Ndi Ara'

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Jomonix: 7:30am On Jan 05, 2022
Reality3080:
This was d same thing i was trying to explain to a moniker IGBOSON1 today,he just keeps rewriting history n changing narratives to suit himself.

Igbos have to realise they are part of the problems we have in Nigeria n look for ways to correct their wrongs so the people can change opinion about them but they keep repeating d same mistake n keep shouting

"They hate us"
"They envy us"

Reno is not exactly talking about hate and envy but then I know everyone will respond depending on his own depth and nature of prejudice. It's so unfortunate but the Igbo is surrounded by strange folks. The blackman generally does not appreciate progress. That's why Nigeria would rather suffocate than allow for the progressive Igbo lead them out of the shit hole.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Tranquillity360: 7:34am On Jan 05, 2022
Gazzy88:
Nah we all still buying from nyanmiri traders. I mean full scale hates from everyone solely on nyanmiris. Can you withstand the heat, mumu chestbeater? You can't survive it for a month.
You buy because you don't have any other option not because you like Igbos or wish them good,

We are already enjoying your full scale hatred,what more hatred can mumu afonjas and mumu boko haram bring.

If you have more bring it on real quick.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Gazzy88(m): 7:37am On Jan 05, 2022
Tranquillity360:
You buy because you don't have any other option not because you like Igbos or wish them good,

We are already enjoying your full scale hatred,what more hatred can mumu afonjas and mumu boko haram bring.

If you have more bring it on real quick.
Wait for it, don't rush. It will SURELY come but I will be disappointed if you start calling UN and ecowas. We need to sort this btw ourselves, no outside interference.

Ibos vs other tribes.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by hatchy(f): 7:44am On Jan 05, 2022
Tranquillity360:
But
Nzeogwu is from south south,so how does coup lead by him concern Igbos?
That is exactly what Omokri said that has set you people's body on fire . Igbos will always disagree with history that does not massage their ego. Now you have denied Nzeogwu to be Igbo,he is now from south south because I pointed it out that he murdered Ahmadu Bello, his wife and other military and civilian kinsmen in cold blood. But when the history paints him as a hero you will claim him as one of your Sons. Igbos are full of hate and looks down on other tribes. He thinks himself as very smart and hardworking while others are unintelligent and lazy, while the TRUTH is that other tribes and ethnic groups seem to be too contented and self satisfied with what ever they have in form of money or worldly things. It's the quest for too much material things amongst the igbos that he struggled to acquire through whatever mean of material things that has led him to too many crimes unimaginable. He cheats,he introduced bribery and corruption during the colonial rule ranging from the court Clark who interprets what the white man says by twisting his own people to bring goats,yams and money to his house when in fact the white man said something different. Igbo man will kill his own blood just to be rich and show off amongst his friends that he has arrived.
I can go on and on....this is inexhaustible.
You people should accept it when history doesn't massage your ego like others. That is what Omokri asked.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Jomonix: 7:45am On Jan 05, 2022
hatchy:
That is exactly what we are talking about. Who am I to tell a Nation when to be humble...
You and your people are very arrogant.
Instead of building bridges and reaching out to others in the country, you think using violence and intimidation will work for you. You all will be crushed by the Feds and nothing, I mean nothing will happen. Go and ask Chechenya in Russian Republic, ask the breakaway region in Spain just to mention a few separatists that has been crushed by their government. The US,UN and others you people are banking on for support will not even blink an eye because they also have groups fighting to break away so they won't ever support it. No country in the world will support you people. Know this and know peace.

Ndi Ara'

Nigeria has no choice but to modernise into a society that is fair to all. Let me give you one assurance. The only way out for Nigeria is to recognise the might of the Igbos. There is no other exit route. Using hatred of Igbo as a basis for politics with eventually kill all of us not just the Igbo. Even you writing will still revert to an objective outlook when my point becomes clear to you and upon the clearing of the cloudy mist disturbing your outlook

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by oyatz(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2022
mrvitalis:

That's why we want our own country ...yet your likes would never accept that

He is not the reason why you haven't got Biafra.
You need political force or military forces to actualize Biafra, the latter failed in 1967-1970 with devastating consequences. Rather than use the former, you are using street protests, hate filled Radio broadcast, wailing and whining on social and lately UGM attacks, all in failed attempts to create Biafra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by oyatz(m): 7:55am On Jan 05, 2022
BKayy:

Benin = 12th Century
Awka = 9th Century

The Obelisk at Ile-Ife was dated using Radiocarbon (C-13) dating to around 100AD.

Humans have lived in different parts of Nigeria for thousands of years.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by hatchy(f): 7:56am On Jan 05, 2022
Jomonix:

Nigeria has no choice but to modernise into a society that is fair to all. Let me give you one assurance. The only way out for Nigeria is to recognise the might of the Igbos. There is no other exit route. Using hatred of Igbo as a basis for politics with eventually kill all of us not just the Igbo. Even you writing will still revert to an objective outlook when my point becomes clear to you and upon the clearing of the cloudy mist disturbing your outlook
Oga you people should go and reorientate yourselves. Purge yourselves of hatred. You are not the only tribe in this country. Use love to achieve whatever your pursuit is since hatred hasn't worked out. The Igbo nation will be continually marginalised by other tribes unless he changes political tactics. You will never get the so called Biafra,just know this. The best thing people from your side should be agitating for is political rearrangement thru restructuring, giving more autonomy and political power to each states or regional government but not Biafra.

Come to think of it, even if Biafra is allowed, under two months you guys will turn it to killing field such that South Sudan and Yemen will be child's play. Even amongst yourselves you hate.
Purge yourselves of hatred biko nu.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by oyatz(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2022
chigator2:

Keep Lying to yourself and your like minded simple minds.

You are bragging with federal might. grin grin
A clear cut case of 10 bullying 1. You should rather be ashamed. That is a clear case of Envy. If you are not envious, why can you let this "begging, down-casted" people as you claim, leave you alone without violence.
Akin to kidnapping a "street beggar" to remain in your house. Sounds totally Absurd. Defending it alone is a stupid gesture.

Reallocate, the revenue generating power of your FG in the South-East to a Biafran Government. Give us 3 years max to prepare, then come back for battle.
If an unprepared Biafra in 1967 could hold you back for 3 years ( with foreign support on your side ), certainly, in this case, be prepared to be decimated.
If in doubt, ask the Nation of Israel and their Arab neighbors.

We are no walkover, even the marauders of Uthman Dan Fodio can't lay claim to a piece of our land by conquest. Impossible. 97% pure not like thee rest. cool cool

Bro, Say No to Envy

Bros, let's avoid war in this country.

All these your chest beating and empty boasts are similar to what Ojukwu was doing just before the outbreak of the civil war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by MosheDayan: 8:06am On Jan 05, 2022
Reality3080:
This was d same thing i was trying to explain to a moniker IGBOSON1 today,he just keeps rewriting history n changing narratives to suit himself.

Igbos have to realise they are part of the problems we have in Nigeria n look for ways to correct their wrongs so the people can change opinion about them but they keep repeating d same mistake n keep shouting

"They hate us"
"They envy us"

So we should just lie down and accept rubbish just the way the people of Benue,Kaduna have been accepting by being killed. Oga, we all cannot be subservient and slavish. If you want to behave or think a certain way that's your fvcking business. Don't tell us how to act.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by MosheDayan: 8:11am On Jan 05, 2022
[s]
TooNoisy:
For example, when you remind them that an Igbo son - Nnamdi Azikiwe - was the person that made referendums and secession a treasonable felony, they will deny and try to rewrite history. Both Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello wanted the regions to have the option to secede but Azikiwe was against it and the British sided with him.

When you remind them that 5 Igbo soldiers truncated our First Republic and brought in the military who had no idea of governance, they will deny and try to change history. They did not complain then, because an Igbo man became president, but when the Northerners took over, they became bitter.

When you remind them that an Igbo man - Aguiyi Ironsi - declared the Unitary System of Government and declared that all resources in the regions now belonged to the Government at the center; they will deny and try to change history. Now they call other tribes unity beggars.
[/s] it's been more than 50 years after these incidents and the North and the Yorubas have ruled this country and taken it down the drain to the lowest ebb. Was it Igbos that killed Awolowo? Was it Igbos that killed Kudirat? Was it Igbos that killed Bola Ige? Did igbos engage in ITT fraud? Did Igbos steal the gulf war proceeds in 1991 during Babangida era? Have igbos ruled since 1999? You need to use your brain effectively so as to not pass this kind of reasoning to the next generation. God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by mrvitalis(m): 8:13am On Jan 05, 2022
oyatz:

He is not the reason why you haven't got Biafra.
You need political force or military forces to actualize Biafra, the latter failed in 1967-1970 with devastating consequences. Rather than use the former, you are using street protests, hate filled Radio broadcast, wailing and whining on social and lately UGM attacks, all in failed attempts to create Biafra.

Political method in what structure ?
Why haven't you guys gotten the state police u all want since ,?

What have your liked gotten politically
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Tranquillity360: 8:20am On Jan 05, 2022
hatchy:
That is exactly what Omokri said that has set you people's body on fire . Igbos will always disagree with history that does not massage their ego. Now you have denied Nzeogwu to be Igbo,he is now from south south because I pointed it out that he murdered Ahmadu Bello, his wife and other military and civilian kinsmen in cold blood. But when the history paints him as a hero you will claim him as one of your Sons. Igbos are full of hate and looks down on other tribes. He thinks himself as very smart and hardworking while others are unintelligent and lazy, while the TRUTH is that other tribes and ethnic groups seem to be too contented and self satisfied with what ever they have in form of money or worldly things. It's the quest for too much material things amongst the igbos that he struggled to acquire through whatever mean of material things that has led him to too many crimes unimaginable. He cheats,he introduced bribery and corruption during the colonial rule ranging from the court Clark who interprets what the white man says by twisting his own people to bring goats,yams and money to his house when in fact the white man said something different. Igbo man will kill his own blood just to be rich and show off amongst his friends that he has arrived.
I can go on and on....this is inexhaustible.
You people should accept it when history doesn't massage your ego like others. That is what Omokri asked.
You are the one making fool of yourself and your tribe.

You people claims that there are no Igbos in south south,especially when issue of Biafra arises,saying we should go with our 5 igbo state.But anytime 1966 coup is discuss you lots will tag it Igbo coup even when the leader of the coup is from the south south you claims that don't have Igbo,remember yorubas also participated in that coup.

Mind you that i never deny that Nzeogwu is an Igbo man.

But is 1966 coup the only coup that happened in Nigeria?

Why do other coup no have tribe name attach to it?

You lots and Omokri are angry because Igbos are not buying what one Nigeria revisionist are saying.You want to tell people their history even when you don't know your own history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Idiko1: 8:20am On Jan 05, 2022
Reno Omokri comes across as a dumbass.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by ba7man(m): 8:28am On Jan 05, 2022
KoshCAD:
I have told you to bring out your fact about this jargons. But you keep shifting goal post.
Dem don rewrite that history already. undecided
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Tranquillity360: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2022
Gazzy88:
Wait for it, don't rush. It will SURELY come but I will be disappointed if you start calling UN and ecowas. We need to sort this btw ourselves, no outside interference.

Ibos vs other tribes.
Empty threat.

Well i know what you said here is the wish of average yoruba man against Igbos.
If you people have what it takes to wipe out the whole Igbos you people would have done that since.Thank God yorubas no be God.

But on normal ground we are not scarred of your threats because we are equal to the task.And will even beat you at that.

I don't know why fools are banking on 1967-1970 war to threatening Great Igbos,a war fought for Nigeria by british and it egyptian pilots.Why would we call UN if this people are not involved.

And why are you banking on other tribes to follow you fight Igbos,can't you tribe stand and fight that they wish.

We are not afraid of them joining you people but i want to know why you need them to fight Igbos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dilapidated School In Lai Mohammed Village Allegedly Emerges (pictures) / APC Rejects Diri’s Victory, Agent Refuses To Sign Result Sheet / Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.