Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion (29969 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Igboid: 1:23am On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
grin

The guy is not from Rivers State

He is either from Ebonyi, Abia, Enugu, Anambra or Imo state

What happened to your Sufferingboy handle? grin
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by calcal: 3:13am On Jan 09, 2022
Dshocker:
Port that was supposed to have been built somewhere around Badagry to avoid congestion along lekki-Epe road

In the future, that place won't be the best place to live because of environmental disasters.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by DCatt: 4:25am On Jan 09, 2022
cool
tollyboy5:

He has. I've read up
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by DCatt: 4:36am On Jan 09, 2022
Yours is not a misspelled word, it's on purpose. I see it too often. It's a way to lay foundation now so you can start claiming it as non-Yoruba later. How can you add a whole letter to other people's word? What letters do you add to English words to make it easy for you to pronounce?
Bigchristo:
You tried to actually correct my spellings but make mistakes grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Bigchristo: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2022
DCatt:
Yours is not a misspelled word, it's on purpose. I see it too often. It's a way to lay foundation now so you can start claiming it as non-Yoruba later. How can you add a whole letter to other people's word? What letters do you add to English words to make it easy for you to pronounce?
so you’re literally concerned about the letter I added? Oga is like they’ve not misspelled your surname before, you think everyone here is Yoruba by tribe? You are just disturbing yourself grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Adakintroy: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Who is stopping you from building your own refinery anywhere you want in the South South?

I don tell una. Chop with sense.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 09, 2022
Adakintroy:

I don tell una. Chop with sense.
Gibberish!!

You're free to keep on wailing on top Nairaland about Lagos wey no send you.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Adakintroy: 9:18am On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Gibberish!!

You're free to keep on wailing on top Nairaland about Lagos wey no send you.

Na so greedy people de talk when their mouth is full of rice. Every other opinion is giberish.

Chop with sense.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Tennessee85: 10:32am On Jan 09, 2022
litaninja:
Lagos state does not have the capacity for these things and its absolutely unnecessary. Move infrastructure and develop OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA.
You mean the Lagos State Government should "move infrastructure and develop OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA"?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by olagbola45(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2022
Tennessee85:
You mean the Lagos State Government should "move infrastructure and develop OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA"?
with lagos state money lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by litaninja(m): 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
Lol, 2nd sentence wasn't directed at lagos.
Tennessee85:
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Jimasun: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
litaninja:
Lol, 2nd sentence wasn't directed at lagos.
How is more jobs, revenue and increased commercial activities not necessary for Lagos?
Is it the blame of Lagos state that your state governor is sleeping on duty?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by litaninja(m): 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
Lol. Lagos is full sir. Land is being reclaimed to the detriment of the environment, how would you somehow think that adding more reasons to increase the population of the state is beneficial?
At this rate, the state will either implode or collapse in on itself.

Jimasun:

How is more jobs, revenue and increased commercial activities not necessary for Lagos?
Is it the blame of Lagos state that your state governor is sleeping on duty?
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Jimasun: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2022
litaninja:
Lol. Lagos is full sir. Land is being reclaimed to the detriment of the environment, how would you somehow think that adding more reasons to increase the population of the state is beneficial?
At this rate, the state will either implode or collapse in on itself.

Should Lagos state stop all development works then?
No more access roads to undeveloped areas, no more schools, no more new hospitals so people can die and Lagos population can reduce?

Isn't that what you are saying.
Lagos state should start citing her developmental projects in other parts of the country with her own money abi

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by litaninja(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
Nope. Optimize the developments already there, instead of expanding to white elephants.
e.g. Shanties and slums all over the place, but instead of a massive drive towards low cost and affordable housing schemes, they're pushing luxury EkoAtlantic-esque developments. Is that what is needed? Does that affect a majority or just a couple of thousands in a city of approx 20million?

The existing lagos port, how efficient is it? The existing road networks in lagos are they in proper shape to serve their purpose?
Existing hospitals, how much are they actually doing? A hospital is more than just buildings.

Things like that.

Jimasun:

Should Lagos state stop all development works then?
No more access roads to undeveloped areas, no more schools, no more new hospitals so people can die and Lagos population can reduce?

Isn't that what you are saying.
Lagos state should start citing her developmental projects in other parts of the country with her own money abi
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Jimasun: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2022
litaninja:
Nope. Optimize the developments already there, instead of expanding to white elephants.
e.g. Shanties and slums all over the place, but instead of a massive drive towards low cost and affordable housing schemes, they're pushing luxury EkoAtlantic-esque developments. Is that what is needed? Does that affect a majority or just a couple of thousands in a city of approx 20million?

The existing lagos port, how efficient is it? The existing road networks in lagos are they in proper shape to serve their purpose?
Existing hospitals, how much are they actually doing? A hospital is more than just buildings.

Things like that.

Apapa port is a federal property and Lagos is not doing anything bad by building another one that is even better.
Lagos is trying it's best.
It is other states that should sit up so that their citizens won't be rushing to Lagos state

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by DCatt: 8:16am On Jan 13, 2022
You know I caught what you did.

I said earlier that it's non-Yoruba especially the Igbos that do this for the purpose of making it like what it's not. I asked you to show me any English word you add letter to but you can't. When you always make sure your English spellings are on point but want to trash Yoruba words, that only speaks to your dubious mindset of trying to put yourself where you don't belong.
Bigchristo:
so you’re literally concerned about the letter I added? Oga is like they’ve not misspelled your surname before, you think everyone here is Yoruba by tribe? You are just disturbing yourself grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by ba7man(m): 8:25am On Jan 13, 2022
Vote Ahmed Bola Tinubu if you desire such projects in your State.

He drew the blueprint for the infrastructural investments Lagos is currently undertaking.

If the legacy of your preferred candidate is a brewery (so youths can get drunk) and N75 billion (Davido's career can generate that), sorry, change your candidate.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by oyatz(m): 10:19am On Jan 13, 2022
litaninja:
Lagos state does not have the capacity for these things and its absolutely unnecessary. Move infrastructure and develop OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA.

Lagos State in conjunction with private investors are building a port in Lekki which has now reached 80% completion and you are saying they should move it to other States?

Edo State is building Gelegele Seaport.

I expect Ondo To start building it's own port soon.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by oyatz(m): 10:43am On Jan 13, 2022
Idiko1:

Do you intellectually and remotely embrace the fact that ports in Nigeria are exclusive domain of federal government? I really want Nigeria to disintegrate so as to usher fresh intellectual development.

Railways, Airports and Seaports are in the Exclusive LEGISLATIVE list in the constition.

What this means is that only the FG can legislate on these. It doesn't necessarily mean only the FG can build and operate Railways,Airports and Seaports.

During the Military Era, the FG directly went to the business of building and operating Airports and Seaports on behalf of all Nigerians but after over 40 years of this practice, nothing much was achieved except inefficiency, nepotism and massive corruption.

In the present dispensation, the FG is restricting itself to Legislative and regulatory roles, giving licenses to whoever wants to build these infrastructure.

The Anambra Airport, Lagos blue light rail, Port-Harcourt light rail, Gelegele Seaport in Edo, Ibom Air and Lekki Seaport are all States projects carried out after receiving licenses/approval from the FG.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Bigchristo: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2022
DCatt:
You know I caught what you did.

I said earlier that it's non-Yoruba especially the Igbos that do this for the purpose of making it like what it's not. I asked you to show me any English word you add letter to but you can't. When you always make sure your English spellings are on point but want to trash Yoruba words, that only speaks to your dubious mindset of trying to put yourself where you don't belong.
You’re a complete illiterate for trying to bring tribal sentiment into every little things, I made a mistakes of add “K” to Epe instead of you to just read and pass you’re trying to correct yourself as if that wasn’t enough you literally bring tribal sentiment into it, I can see the reasons why things are so messed in this country, sorry to burst your bubbles I’m neither an Igbo nor Yoruba by tribe but your hate for a particular tribes is showing all over your comments, Ogbeni you need to kill that ideology Nigeria or Lagos belongs to all of us go to the lekki you’re talking about here none indigenes of Lagos have properties and business around those places and by such virtue they’re part of the Lagosians, if you like stress yourself now till next year deliberating on this matter I will not answer you again
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by DCatt: 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2022
You this fraud must think I was born yesterday. You are a natural born criminal so you have to try to wiggle your way out of this. You can't show where you added a letter to any foreign word but the 'Epe' you see on billboards everyday and the only reason is to fit into the way igbotic voice says 'p' and you expect me to take your word for it. Your mischievous self is quick to say "I'm not Igbo" when it's written all over your comments that it's who you are. I will keep calling your bullcrap out wherever I see. Why are the north not misspelling Yoruba words but it you so called south. You are squatters in Lekki/Lagos/Yorubaland and will remain that till Nigeria is over and get this clearly in your criminal head that you don't own properties anywhere in Yorubaland, you are leasing them.
Bigchristo:
You’re a complete illiterate for trying to bring tribal sentiment into every little things, I made a mistakes of add “K” to Epe instead of you to just read and pass you’re trying to correct yourself as if that wasn’t enough you literally bring tribal sentiment into it, I can see the reasons why things are so messed in this country, sorry to burst your bubbles I’m neither an Igbo nor Yoruba by tribe but your hate for a particular tribes is showing all over your comments, Ogbeni you need to kill that ideology Nigeria or Lagos belongs to all of us go to the lekki you’re talking about here none indigenes of Lagos have properties and business around those places and by such virtue they’re part of the Lagosians, if you like stress yourself now till next year deliberating on this matter I will not answer you again
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by litaninja(m): 9:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
Read the next posts in the thread.

oyatz:

Lagos State in conjunction with private investors are building a port in Lekki which has now reached 80% completion and you are saying they should move it to other States?

Edo State is building Gelegele Seaport.

I expect Ondo To start building it's own port soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abia Declared Safest State In South-East As NMA Games Begin In Umuahia / Gov Obiano Visits Buhari / Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.